Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 11:59   #3511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Question: why are people ordering accessories online, especially since this is the first time? Are these not available with the dealers, where we can visually inspect the quality before deciding to buy?
Because the phenomenal level of assurance and confidence Amazon has created in the people's mindset. Nowadays everyone assume the same level of hassle free buying experience by default from every vendor, be it ajio, headphone zone or avshack.

Adding another dimension in this case is the fact that Mahindra commands almost the same level of brand visibility of Amazon in India.

My 2c.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 9th December 2021 at 12:03.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 13:11   #3512
BHPian

Quote:
Question: why are people ordering accessories online, especially since this is the first time? Are these not available with the dealers, where we can visually inspect the quality before deciding to buy?
Speaking about myself here: I ordered the screen guard for my AX7 from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. Got this for just 799/- as opposed to 1,800/- quoted by the Dealer. Also ordered a number plate frame set from Flipkart for just 199/- as opposed to 750/- quoted by the Dealer. Quality of both seems spot-on and came in a well-packaged box. Read through the reviews and made an informed decision. Rest of the car accessories ordered via the dealer itself. Awaiting delivery of the car though, revised date shared by Mahindra is 20th December. Fingers crossed

The small accessories can be easily ordered via Amazon/Flipkart etc, since you can just send it back if you don't like it. Hassle-free really.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 9th December 2021 at 13:14. Reason: Added text
IamNikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 13:22   #3513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Mahindra has internally crash tested the Nexon EV and according to my sources it is a 3 star car.
OT

Now let's wait for Maruti to claim that they have internally crash tested new celerio and it has scored 5 stars.

I really don't think claims of a manufacturer about their product or about some other product need a platform as big as this unless they are supported by proof. Well, they are just claims right.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 9th December 2021 at 13:24.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 16:00   #3514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
OT

Now let's wait for Maruti to claim that they have internally crash tested new celerio and it has scored 5 stars.

I really don't think claims of a manufacturer about their product or about some other product need a platform as big as this unless they are supported by proof. Well, they are just claims right.
But isnt Nexon EV a Tata product?
Old 9th December 2021, 16:26   #3515

Quote:
Like somebody already mentioned, its the ease of placing the order and the assurance of online portals. Also the Mahindra dealership/service center response is pretty lackluster. Looks like they aren't very keen on the accessory front. Personally, I had requested for the illuminated scuff plates installed at the time of delivery (30th Nov), and till date I am yet to hear from them, even after multiple follow-ups.
Vik7OO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 18:48   #3516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Speaking about myself here: I ordered the screen guard for my AX7 from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. Got this for just 799/- as opposed to 1,800/- quoted by the Dealer. Also ordered a number plate frame set from Flipkart for just 199/- as opposed to 750/- quoted by the Dealer. Quality of both seems spot-on and came in a well-packaged box. Read through the reviews and made an informed decision. Rest of the car accessories ordered via the dealer itself. Awaiting delivery of the car though, revised date shared by Mahindra is 20th December. Fingers crossed

The small accessories can be easily ordered via Amazon/Flipkart etc, since you can just send it back if you don't like it. Hassle-free really.

Thanks for sharing cost, I thought HSRP are compulsory now ?

https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...rp-new-vehicle
Old 9th December 2021, 20:51   #3517
BHPian

Diesel XUV7OO vs Petrol XUV7OO

Just for fun. Eventually one driver wins in whichever car he drives.

Old 9th December 2021, 23:05   #3518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Diesel XUV7OO vs Petrol XUV7OO

Just for fun. Eventually one driver wins in whichever car he drives.
Great to see Mahindra has provided comparable cars in both diesel and petrol. The petrol even comes close to the diesel in terms of torque output which is very uncommon, and the performance translates on the road as well.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 00:57   #3519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Thanks for sharing cost, I thought HSRP are compulsory now ?

https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...rp-new-vehicle
I was speaking about the black frames which serve as a casing for HSRP. The frames look good and also protect the number plate from bending, etc.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 02:59   #3520
BHPian

Today, I had a chance to visit our Mahindra dealership and service center for my Scorpio scheduled servicing. 1,66,000 km. Met the GM Sales, and Service Head and it was a nice and pleasant experience.

Anyway, talking to the GM Sales, I came away with the below observations.
1. Multiple cancellations due to long delays. This should be good news for people who are ready to wait. (I expect at least 3-4 months being shaved off in delivery period for patient customers).
2. Deliveries of Petrol cars have become quite regular with batches of 5-6 cars coming each lot. I saw at least 3 mid night black colour cars awaiting delivery.
3. Deliveries of Diesel cars are seeing sporadic allotment.
4. Internally, Mahindra has scheduled to show new Scorpio by May 2022. They also hope to resolve chip shortage by 1st quarter of 2022. (I find this highly unlikely.)
5. XUV7OO customer is being accorded special treatment; I saw a couple of other customers for Bolero Neo and XUV3OO getting nice welcomes with courteous explanations. Yet, MG is far upmarket in terms of dealership experience.
6. Sales personnel, not knowing we had already booked the car, seemed too keen to inform us about AX5 models even when the display car was an AX7! Strange. Dad had to intervene, "why don't you just tell us about the car here, on display." Then I told him to relax for we have already booked the car: I just wanted to show the car to my Dad.

Brief discussion with Service Head.
1. Takes 3 hours at least for software update.
2. Cannot be done over the air.
3. Multiple updates have already come and latest being this week itself.
4. XUV7OOs are being thoroughly checked by service center before delivery.

I also took a smallish test drive for my Dad for whom it was first time sitting in the 7OO. He was impressed but predictably asked when the new Scorpio is going to be launched.

Some observations:
1. This Diesel manual had approximately 4500 kms on it.
2. Average in MID was a non impressive 9 kmpl.
3. No rattles.
4. Gearbox and engine performed as well or better than before. Special mention, gear shifts were butter smooth.
5. That annoying thudding was completely gone but I felt the car to be marginally stiffer than before. Not the BMW GT suspension that I previously raved about. But still nothing to complain.
6. I did feel some scope for sound dampening.
7. White seat upholstery had not worn out at all considering test drive car's rough usage. I think this should be OK in long term.
8. This AX7 Non Luxury pack car had one of its rear door handle not sitting flush with the body when closed. I noticed it while sitting at the back seat my Dad test drove. Opening and re-closing the door didn't help.
Mahindra must provide a solution, quickly.

Overall, this could be a good space for Mahindra with the Thar, XUV 7OO, XUV 3OO, Bolero Neo (which they said is selling well), and the eminent launch of the new Scorpio. All modern products unlike the old school (current) Scorpio and to a much larger extent, the Bolero.

Last edited by fazalmirza : 10th December 2021 at 03:11.
fazalmirza is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 10:27   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
8. This AX7 Non Luxury pack car had one of its rear door handle not sitting flush with the body when closed. I noticed it while sitting at the back seat my Dad test drove. Opening and re-closing the door didn't help.
Mahindra must provide a solution, quickly
Yes, even I had this issue on my front doors since the I took Delivery. However, they resolved it very promptly and even I received call from service manager directly from Mahindra to confirm that the issue is resolved. While it seems to be fine at the moment, I will reserve my comments until it holds steady for some more days. Also, I was extremely impressed by the way the service center and Mahindra resolved this along with few info entertainment system bugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211202wa0045.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211210_102641.jpg  

mahesh.alse is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 11:43   #3522
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a chance to drive the car yesterday. It was the top of the line petrol AT.

Some of my observations. Couldn't spend a lot as it was 8pm.

1) Engine and gearbox combination was awesome. Really loved it. The cabin was very well insulated. Might be because it was a petrol but was better than my diesel Creta.
2) Seating position was great as well. Powered seats helped me get to the sweet spot very easily.
3) The second row was good as well. Immense leg and head room.
4) Tried ADAS - adaptive cruise control, automatic braking, lane departure etc. All worked really well. But there were few hiccups - While the lane departure feature was engaged, it did try to swerve back to the lane even when I tried to manually switch lanes. Also when the adaptive cruise control was active, I manually switched the lane and it detected a car and tried to auto brake even when the lane was empty. Maybe I did something wrong there, but a bit confusing for someone not familiar with it.
5) All LED lights were pretty intense.
6) The lane departure camera quality was very poor at night.
7) The car was very comfortable over bad roads.
8) Miss auto dimming IRVM and powered tail gate.
9) I still can't digest the front lights but rear is nice.
10) The screen quality was very good but all digital screens were a distraction for me. Maybe I need to get used to the current trend of digital screens.

Overall a very good package but needs to iron out some niggles. The car we drove comes around 27L on road with waiting period of minimum 6 months. Someone in our family is closely watching this space.
naveen.raju is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:06   #3523
BHPian

Spurious practices are becoming increasingly rampant. Spotted on a XUV 700 Facebook group. These guys with multiple unnecessary bookings are effectively trampling upon the rights of others in queue.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211210_014317.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:56   #3524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
While the lane departure feature was engaged, it did try to swerve back to the lane even when I tried to manually switch lanes.
You need to give the indicator. Then it knows you are trying to switch lanes and does not swerve back.
yogishkamath is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 14:07   #3525
Distinguished - BHPian

Up close and personal with the 7OO's MX diesel variant. Best VFM option in the 7OO range, IMO.

Tell you what, that silver+black combo looks yummy. Specially those ORVMs in piano-black finish!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th December 2021 at 14:08.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks