Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 19:38   #3466
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
Guys, i too ordered key fob from m2all and its one of the worst & cheap product from Mahindra which is not even worth 50 rupees. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT. Attaching the pictures of product received
This is seriously a joke.
Just compare the image shown in the m2all website and this real image. Also 1000rs for this piece of leather? Crazy
msksalman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 20:06   #3467
BHPian

While XUV 700 waiting periods are never ending. MG has improvised their game on deliveries to say the least. Something which Mahindra should learn and improvise

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...-cities/44074/
Old 6th December 2021, 22:14   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Also received the Mahindra 7OO key fob cover today, for 1000 bucks its just not worth it, the quality is extremely poor and it doesn't even have the XUV 7OO branding.

Image on website:

Attachment 2242036

Actual product: (missing XUV 7OO branding)

Attachment 2242037

Attachment 2242038
Oh god, what is you see is not what you get
mahesh.alse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 23:54   #3469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also received the Mahindra 7OO key fob cover today, for 1000 bucks its just not worth it, the quality is extremely poor and it doesn't even have the XUV 7OO branding.
Are all other accessories too will be like this? Imagine customers who bought a 30L vehicle receiving tin foil and gunny bags instead of scuff plates and 3D mats, as
shown as renderings in M2all website.

This shouldn't be taken lightly, you must talk to them. There's a prima facie breach-of-trust as what you have received is not the item shown.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 6th December 2021 at 23:57.
sandeepmdas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 00:07   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Are all other accessories too will be like this? Imagine customers who bought a 30L vehicle receiving tin foil and jute bags instead of scuff plate and 3D mat renderings shown in M2all website.
You're right in assuming that. Just take a look at the Red Rage ownership review (Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review), some of the accessories are downright pathetic.

- sunshade isn't even correctly sized,
- mud flaps are provided with flaky connectors that fail in actual usage,
- the camera accessory for AX5 and lower trims is the worst quality with guidelines going to the sky and placement requiring a hole drilled.

I will be skeptical on getting any accessories from Mahindra. Some of the basic ones like scuff plates, chrome seem ok. Would not recommend anyone buying any accessories without first reading about customer feedback. I hope 3rd party comes up with some quality stuff.

Quote:
This shouldn't be taken lightly, you must talk to them. There's a prima facie breach-of-trust as what you have received is not the item shown.
I have mailed them requesting a return and refund. Let's see what they do. Good this is at least they have taken down the product page from their website so no one else ends up with this sub-standard product.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 7th December 2021 at 00:08.
Tanmay007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 05:51   #3471
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here's latest round of info on the XUV700.

1. As already mentioned, a fresh batch of chips will arrive sometime this month but it will only be enough to stretch production till March 2022. After March it's expected that there will be severe chip shortage and due to this deliveries may get delayed further still. Mahindra may be forced to use some of the chips from Thar for the XUV700 which will impact Thar's waiting periods.

2. The daily production of the XUV700 has come down to around 170-180 units which has hampered the waiting periods.

3. I confirmed from my sources in both Tata and Mahindra that the main reason for Pratap leaving the former was that Tata did not have a clear future product pipeline being short on cash and so he found the grass to be greener on Mahindra's side so he made the switch. One of the reasons for him leaving Tata is also that there was too much interference of management in his work and he was fed up for not being given a completely free hand. Allegedly that (free hand) was one of the things that Mahindra has promised him. Let us see.

4. In future Mahindra may bring back the ORVM logo projection to the XUV700. There are chances that Mahindra may do some innovation like BMW's "welcome light carpet".

5. The pop out door handles on the XUV700 have been tested with a weight of 30kg attached to it and thus are very robust and should last the distance. Only long term ownership reviews can tell the true story though.

6. Around July next year if the chip shortage continues, then Mahindra may discontinue the L pack temporarily or may bring out more featureless variants like the S variant to reduce the waiting times for the AX7 variant.

7. In another news, the eKUV is likely to be launched by the end of next year and will be placed below the Nexon EV. It will have a targeted range of 300 plus kms and will be 4 star rated at GNCAP. Mahindra has internally crash tested the Nexon EV and according to my sources it is a 3 star car. The battery pack for eKUV is being sourced from either Vietnam or Taiwan.

8. One of the BEVs is going to be based on a heavily modified platform of the XUV700 and the targeted range is 500 plus kms. Mahindra is in talks with other OEMs for sharing the battery technology for these EVs. Work on the same is ongoing at Mahindra's technical centre in Detroit and the supplier is the same one who supplies to GM.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is offline   (104) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 08:21   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
While XUV 700 waiting periods are never ending. MG has improvised their game on deliveries to say the least. Something which Mahindra should learn and improvise

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...-cities/44074/
It appears like more of a sponsored news by MG. Because on ground nothing has been changed. As compared to the promise of 5000 in Nov and Dec, not more than 2000 would be delivered.

Mahindra's 65K booking will, naturally, take around 10 months plus given their production capacity.

Last edited by manson : 9th December 2021 at 00:20. Reason: Typo.
Old 7th December 2021, 08:35   #3473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Mahindra has internally crash tested the Nexon EV and according to my sources it is a 3 star car. The battery pack for eKUV is being sourced from either Vietnam or Taiwan.
I am sure if Tata Motors "internally crash tested" the XUV700, it would be 2 star car
84.monsoon is online now   (73) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 10:50   #3474
BHPian

Quote:
6. Around July next year if the chip shortage continues, then Mahindra may discontinue the L pack temporarily or may bring out more featureless variants like the S variant to reduce the waiting times for the AX7 variant.
I would welcome an AX3 Petrol AWD AT version with full safety pack ie 7 airbags + ESP+TC. ADAS, if possible, would be icing on the cake.
I am not in a hurry. So take your time, Mahindra, to wrap your head around this idea.
sridhar-v is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 13:14   #3475
BHPian

Hello guys... I was in a search of a SUV in the price bracket of 10-15 lakhs. In that price, I found the Sonet HTX DCT to be ticking most of the boxes. But then, after having a look at XUV700's on-road pricing, I felt that spending additional 10 lakhs could fetch me a more bigger and better car. So decided to choose the XUV700's AX7 AT variant after doing a through comparison between the XUV700, Safari and Innova Crysta. Now the confusion is whether to opt for the Petrol AT or the Diesel AT. My usage pattern is mostly in the city with few highway trips and my annual running won't exceed more 6-7k kms. Now, the on-road price difference between the Petrol AT and Diesel AT is of 1.3L. Considering that I would keep the car for about 7 years, would it make sense to buy the Diesel over the Petrol? Few things to note are that I live in Thane,Mumbai and here the Petrol vs Diesel prices are 110 vs 95 rupees. Considering the AdBlue and running costs, would it be better to take the additional headache that the DPF would give?

PS: I have owned only petrol cars till date and really want to experience the Diesel. Should I buy the Diesel or stay away from it?
Old 7th December 2021, 13:20   #3476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
3. I confirmed from my sources in both Tata and Mahindra that the main reason for Pratap leaving the former was that Tata did not have a clear future product pipeline being short on cash and so he found the grass to be greener on Mahindra's side so he made the switch. One of the reasons for him leaving Tata is also that there was too much interference of management in his work and he was fed up for not being given a completely free hand. Allegedly that (free hand) was one of the things that Mahindra has promised him. Let us see.
May be M&M stayed true to their words. Ramkripa is already out of M&M - she led the team that designed XUV5OO car from grounds up. Not sure if this is what the "free hand" caused or just a routine exit. Such a high profile and veteran employee leaving M&M after such a long stint with this timing - not sure if it's just a coincidence or something else.
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 13:24   #3477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedalmasher_20 View Post
my annual running won't exceed more 6-7k kms.
For such a low running petrol makes sense. Not just that but if you are aware of the waiting times, diesel is facing the most waiting period, you'll get petrol a bit earlier. Either way if you book now, you will have to wait till 2023 to get delivery of the AX7. As of now looking at the production capacity, Mahindra's order book for 2022 seems full.
Old 7th December 2021, 13:36   #3478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedalmasher_20 View Post
So decided to choose the XUV700's AX7 AT variant after doing a through comparison between the XUV700, Safari and Innova Crysta. Now the confusion is whether to opt for the Petrol AT or the Diesel AT. My usage pattern is mostly in the city with few highway trips and my annual running won't exceed more 6-7k kms. .
The first thing you have to decide is can you wait 12 to 18 months for the car to be delivered? //If yes read next sentence//

The ex-showroom prices you see are not the ones you would be entitled to, prices will be increased for all the customers apart from ones who had booked on first 2 days. Expectation is that diff in the prices of Petrol and Diesel XUV will also be increased. Assume an increase on ~1L on the current pricing in 18 months. Still in your budget? //If yes read next sentence//

As you know difference between petrol and diesel XUV is less as XUVs petrol engine is quite sophisticated and powerful, in my case AX7 MT P vs D price diff was around ~50k (Booked on 7th) and my running will be around 9k in a year but I still choose Diesel as it gives ~20% better mileage and fuel is ~15% cheaper. Include all service and Ad blue overhead it will work out minimum ~20% in favor of Diesel.

In terms of drivability I haven't driven petrol XUV but many bhpians say its as good as a Diesel and has better NVH.

Hope this helps!
RachhaMan10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:32   #3479
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
OMG this looks really cheap. The road side cobblers can conjure up a better cover from leftovers. The Key fob definitely is a downgrade from the original XUV500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
Guys, i too ordered key fob from m2all and its one of the worst & cheap product from Mahindra which is not even worth 50 rupees. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
This is seriously a joke.
Just compare the image shown in the m2all website and this real image. Also 1000rs for this piece of leather? Crazy
Quote:
Was eagerly awaiting the Key Fob, since it was Out of Stock on M2All website for so long. Finally ordered it last week and couldn't wait to get my hands on it; this was going to be my first "official accessory" of the XUV 700. Not even kidding, but the moment I opened the package, I was not just stunned, but wanted to really throw it directly into the bin! The only term that comes in my mind after seeing the alleged Key Fob: THIRD-CLASS.

What a severe disappointment, Mahindra! This literally feels like an item picked up from a street-vendor! Neither the brading is what it was claimed to be, nor is the new Mahindra logo even embossed properly (it's tilted!). For a pricing of 1,099/- including shipping, this is a cruel joke to say the least! The visual reference on the portal was a sleek and sophisticated product. Cheap doesn't even begin to describe this monstrosity!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211207wa0001.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211207wa0000.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211207wa0002.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:44   #3480
BHPian

Hi all, need your experienced friendly advice on engine run in for BS6 cars. Our car's delivery has been postponed from 7th December (today) to 25th December-1st January, 2022. If Mahindra honours the second date that they've given, we should be getting our car on Christmas or before as per dealership.

Coming to the matter at hand, this will be our first BS6 diesel car and I'm worried about the infamous DPF issue that seems to plague almost all BS6 diesels. The thing is, during engine run-in period, we are not supposed to drive the engine at high revs, however, after reading through the posts on the forum and on the internet as well, it seems that for BS6 diesel cars, if they're driven sedately for long period and in low rpms, the DPF error crops up.

We will be going to take delivery in the nearby city which is 250kms away and I wanted to know: Will it be okay to bring home the car driving in low RPM? Or how should I go about it? Thank you for the advice.

[Mods please remove the post if not appropriate.]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks