Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 23:28   #3541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Somewhat OT:

Folks, a point to consider
This is a long and busy thread for anyone to follow. To keep this easier to track and keep it focused on the vehicle itself:
Would it not be a good idea to have XUV700 delivery, delay and related talk on a different thread?

One not be aware that one such does exist.
Link (Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries)

PS: No offence meant to any fellow bhpian.

Last edited by Poitive : 10th December 2021 at 23:39. Reason: Typos
Poitive is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 00:43   #3542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
All these points to either the company being unsure of its AWD tech or maybe it's still under development or will be eventually discontinued. I hope my assumptions are proven wrong and we actually get to see a real SUV (one with AWD).
You make some compelling points. Not boasting about all terrain abilities of the flagship model is puzzling. I was also surprised that the new 'SUV proving facility' seems to be focused only around simulating urban/tarmac conditions rather than rough terrains (I know there were couple of tracks, but that is not really comprehensive to test the 4X4 SUVs).
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 09:01   #3543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkaushik View Post
MX petrol is the most VFM varient. But frequency selective damping, like many other features is in AX7 model only!
That is incorrect. The MX variant lacks some features like ESP, but even that model gets 4 discs with wiping and FSD suspension. Structurally it is the same car.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th December 2021 at 05:13. Reason: Typo
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 10:38   #3544

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
That is incorrect. The MX variant lacks some features like ESP, but even that model gets 4 disks with wiping and FSD suspension. Structurally it is the same car.
You are absolutely right, I was also under the same impression and have booked the MX petrol varient. But there's some lack of clarity on FSD, in the XUV 700 home installer kit shared on this platform it shows that FSD is in AX 7 & AX7 L only, while on Mahindra website it's even more confusing, wherein it's not showing it against any varient. Hope to get some clarity on this
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211211103211.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211211103157.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211211102433.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211211102349.jpg  

gauravkaushik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 11:27   #3545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I find something fishy and strange about the AWD variant offered in XUV700. I feel:

(a) Mahindra is not confident of the AWD variant

(b) Will ultimately discontinue it (and give an option to switch variants to the customers who booked AWD) without really....

2) Most of the people who booked the AWD variant either have got hugely delayed and unreasonable delivery dates or haven't even got one
As a person who's booked the AWD variant, I'm a bit worried after reading your post. Please note that I'm not with you, in fact let me thank you for the post.

My booking date vs tentative delivery date is a whopping 18 months. But most other non-AWD AX7 customers too get a somewhat similar window AFAIK.

The XUV 500 almost always offered the AWD variant, till the BS6 implementation as a matter of fact. The demand was very, very low in my state (Kerala). Don't know about the other parts of the country.

Therefore I also believe the XUV 700 AWD too will get sidelined in the near future. As per the information I have from the dealership the AWD AT model has a booking share of slightly less than 5%.

Mahindra already has a blockbuster that the car needs no further promotion for at least a year. Why bother about creating visibility for a dud variant then? They would either let it die or euthanize it. Other than that, it can't be technical issues or challenges that make the car getting ignored. Also note that as per rumours, the 2022 Scorpio may feature proper 4x4 or AWD too.

Just my2c.
sandeepmdas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 12:09   #3546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmeet View Post

Missus needs a new car too which is why I had booked the second XUV. I will probably be happy just the 200 horses on the base petrol model. Missus will love the creature comforts on the top diesel model.
!
Yes, and you can always outrun your wife's flagship Diesel Auto 4WD variant on a drag race anyday! The diesel AT 2WD has been tested by many auto journalists on the 0-100 run and it comes in around 10.25 seconds. With the additional weight of the AWD system, my guess is the AWD will come in around 10.75 or 11 seconds in a 0 to 100 run.

The petrol auto has also been tested by many auto journalists and the 0-100 comes in at around 9.25 seconds or so. My best is the petrol manual will be even faster and will probably do the ton in 8.75 seconds or so. Have not seen any reputed journalists do a timed run yet of the petrol manual, but I guess M&M may not want too much publicity around the fact that their cheapest variant is also the fastest XUV700

So your car will be at least a solid 2 seconds quicker to 100 than your wife's, despite costing nearly half only!

Quote:
Totally agree, if you are driving enthusiastic and doesn't care much about comfort/gimmicky features, MX petrol is the most VFM varient. But frequency selective damping, like many other features is in AX7 model only!
As someone else already pointed out, Frequency Selective Damping is indeed part of all variants, including MX. The technical specs from the latest brochure clearly indicates this - basic mechanical chassis and suspension features are common across all variants. Reproducing the relevant page below. Features present only in certain variants are clearly called out as "Option" below (e.g. ESP) so there should be no doubt that the MX will have FSD.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211211_121759.jpg

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 11th December 2021 at 12:26.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 12:30   #3547
BHPian

Quote:
I find something fishy and strange about the AWD variant offered in XUV700.
I really don't think that's the case -

1. After visiting most of the dealers I can confirm that top end variants for all cars across segment have longest waiting period.

2. Mahindra heavily advertised AWD variant before launch, check videos posted around Aug 2021 time frame.

3. AWD is one of the highest chip consuming variant, while it attracts users, but compared to other variants ( say AX7L ) its still low in demand.

4. They are trying to optimise chip usage across variants, launch of AX7 smart is part of that plan, they seems to be choosing to allot chips to AX7L variant to reduce supply chain pressure, that might be making business sense even at cost of booking cancellation for AWD variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
That is incorrect. The MX variant lacks some features like ESP, but even that model gets 4 disks with wiping and FSD suspension. Structurally it is the same car.
Quote:
You are absolutely right, I was also under the same impression and have booked the MX petrol varient. But there's some lack of clarity on FSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Reproducing the relevant page below. Features present only in certain variants are clearly called out as "Option" below (e.g. ESP) so there should be no doubt that the MX will have FSD.
I agree with @nasir88 and @84.monsoon.

I had confirmed that with Mahindra dealer here, FSD is common across, even Mahindra website states that

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700...tions-features

if feature is specific to variant than it shows differences - see other tabs for that but suspension is common across

Last edited by Eddy : 11th December 2021 at 20:01. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 13:21   #3548
BHPian

Came across a pretty crisp comparo between the 3 x 7 seaters by Top Gear India. The Safari definitely needs an upgrade and feels very dated and under equipped as compared to the 700. Surprisingly the Alcazar fares quite well too.

vvb8530 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 16:14   #3549
BHPian

Till today morning, the status was stuck at "Order Processed". Just checked and the status suddenly shows that the vehicle has arrived at the dealership. Delivery date was 20th December. Awaiting communication from the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211211wa0000.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 16:51   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Till today morning, the status was stuck at "Order Processed". Just checked and the status suddenly shows that the vehicle has arrived at the dealership. Delivery date was 20th December. Awaiting communication from the dealer.
Congrats in advance!! Fingers crossed hope you have a smooth sailing here on....
On a separte note I saw some folks on twitter n FB who have got delivery dates Jun '23. How much more ridiculous could this be
Monty1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 16:57   #3551
BHPian

Quote:
Wow Nikhil, Congrats buddy. My delivery is on 24th December, hope I also get a good surprise like you and my vehicle would reach dealership in advance I checked the status of my booking online after seeing your post and unfortunately for me, the tracking page still shows "order processed" - I guess in a few days from now the page will automatically be updated to show "Reached dealership" as in your case Please update us on your delivery btw. I wonder why the tracking shows reached dealership but the dealership didn't call yet.
wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 17:26   #3552
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations buddy! This is really a pleasant surprise. My order has moved beyond the 'Order Processed' stage and is currently in the 'Production' stage and 'Order Under Planning'. It's a Diesel AT AWD and expected delivery is Dec 30th. We don't make any major new purchases after Dec 15th till Jan 15th, so I'm patiently waiting and hope no surprises in between.

It's really weird to see the dealers have absolutely no clue whatsoever, looks like Mahindra is managing all this by themselves. My dealer is totally disconnected and unenthusiastic about the whole thing, said customers are geting the info before them. Let's see.

Look forward to your Vehicle delivery experience and review.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 19:03   #3553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Congrats in advance!! Fingers crossed hope you have a smooth sailing here on...I saw some folks on twitter n FB who have got delivery dates Jun '23. How much more ridiculous could this be
Thanks buddy. Have been following your tweets and the hashtag. Really sorry to see the ordeal. Terrible planning and execution by Mahindra! Hope your delivery is advanced in view of a spate of cancellations happening now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Wow Nikhil, Congrats buddy. My delivery is on 24th December, hope I also get a good surprise like you and my vehicle would reach dealership in advance I checked the status of my booking online after seeing your post and unfortunately for me, the tracking page still shows "order processed" - I guess in a few days from now the page will automatically be updated to show "Reached dealership" as in your case
Thanks man. The tracking is actually hopeless and I always considered it to be a gimmick. Hope you get a nice surprise too. I think we'll both be amongst the very few on the forum to get deliveries in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Congratulations buddy! This is really a pleasant surprise. My order has moved beyond the 'Order Processed' stage and is currently in the 'Production' stage and 'Order Under Planning'. It's a Diesel AT AWD and expected delivery is Dec 30th. It's really weird to see the dealers have absolutely no clue whatsoever, looks like Mahindra is managing all this by themselves. My dealer is totally disconnected and unenthusiastic about the whole thing, said customers are geting the info before them.
Thanks a lot. Yours is the first case I'm seeing wherein the online tracking is being updated step by step! That's actually very nice. My dealer has been unhelpful and non-cooperative as well, had posted about my ordeal multiple times on this thread and how I had to escalate things to senior folks at Mahindra. I have a feeling dealers are doling out stepmotherly treatment to online bookings. Hope you get your delivery by the slated date.
IamNikhil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 03:18   #3554
BHPian

AX7 L Diesel Automatic, Highway mileage @ 80-100 kmph. Tank method.

Zap mode: 14.62 kmpl
Zip mode: 13.9 kmpl
Zoom mode: 11.36 kmpl

On expected lines.

Last edited by fazalmirza : 12th December 2021 at 03:21.
fazalmirza is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 11:21   #3555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
AX7 L Diesel Automatic, Highway mileage @ 80-100 kmph. Tank method.

Zap mode: 14.62 kmpl
Zip mode: 13.9 kmpl
Zoom mode: 11.36 kmpl

On expected lines.

https://Youtu.be/9DKuCXZjioI
Tad lower than my expectations. I think even petrol is giving such figures. Users have reported 10 kmpl in light city driving with the petrol version.

I think Safari gives 16 kmpl on highway.

Edit: 20 kmpl here! https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5213765 (2021 Tata Safari Review)

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 12th December 2021 at 11:28.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks