Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 01:36   #3631

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Came across another accessory that’s designed by incompetent folks at Mahindra - the official screen protector. It has no cut out for the adrenox logo and hence is unable to sit flush and causes massive bubble at the left bottom corner. The person responsible for quality control in accessory dept needs to get fired.
Even I had ordered the ones available on Amazon. Its a simple DIY; just like any other phone screen guard. The fit and finish was decent. No issues whatsoever.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th December 2021 at 01:49. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please DO NOT quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Old 16th December 2021, 02:06   #3632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Incidentally as we speak, the Adrenox app is not working. It appears that there's some upgrade to the app or some backend maintenance work going on.
Saw updates on the Whtapp group that the Adrenox was down from last weekend and has started to work for few of them, while there still others from whom its not working. Must be a server issue.
Old 16th December 2021, 09:24   #3633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Does anyone know whether XUV700 comes with underbody anti-rust coating from the factory? .
Even the humble Alto comes with it !
Sk8r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 14:03   #3634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
Oh boy. I've booked with the same dealer, though my date is a year later.
Hope you have a smoother experience, buddy. In case you do encounter any hurdles, please feel free to reach out to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
I feel it is quite absurd for such a widely followed Youtube channel to quote fuel economy figures which are more like "out of the hat" rather than realistic!
Everything that these Youtubers say is to be taken with a pinch of salt. IMHO, they don't deserve much adulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik7OO View Post
Thanks a lot. This really helped. In fact I went a step further and got the insurance done myself using the chassis and engine number which I had noted at the time of PDI. Its just that I missed out on the freebies which the dealer could have possibly given otherwise.
Any freebies these days have become a rarity. Especially in the case of fast-moving vehicles, the dealers are least bothered in goodwill and courtesy. They just want their money quickly and be done with your delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
A Heartfelt congratulations to you, Nikhil. After all the tweets and facebook posts, glad to see Mahindra finally delivering your steed. Happy Driving.
Thanks a lot man. Now hoping that the dealership doesn't pull another stunt between now and actual delivery, which mostly looks like Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Came across another accessory that’s designed by incompetent folks at Mahindra - the official screen protector. It has no cut out for the adrenox logo and hence is unable to sit flush and causes massive bubble at the left bottom corner. The person responsible for quality control in accessory dept needs to get fired.
Absolutely third-class! I am glad I ordered from Amazon and the screen guard has the requisite cutout. Quality seems good, will update once I affix the same after delivery.

In other news, the refund for the ridiculous Key Fob has been credited back to my account by M2All guys. The guy called to say that they have reached out to all customers who had purchased it and have officially recalled all products owing to quality issues! Anyone who hasn't yet received/returned the Key Fob, please get in touch with M2All customer care immediately!
IamNikhil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 17:38   #3635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post

Thanks a lot man. Now hoping that the dealership doesn't pull another stunt between now and actual delivery, which mostly looks like Monday.
Monday ? you are not availing any finance so I was expecting faster delivery. delay is due to RTO registration ?
Old 16th December 2021, 19:34   #3636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Long story short, modern car engines don't need to be run-in. Even if they do, the ideal way is to get the engine perform at a variety of rev range. Neither too slow nor too fast revs.

Your best resource for understanding how to run in the engine is your car's user manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
While XUV700 manual does not give details about run-in method but it really points that engine run-in is needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Although in many cases, the wordings are just remnants of a by-gone era.
Wanted to comment before, but got busy with my Choosing an SUV up to 22L thread.

I agree with much of what has been said above, but just thought I should add my 2 paise.

Despite a manufacturer saying that an engine doesn't need to be run-in, and some beliefs about modern engines not needing it, I try to be more pragmatic about the issue.

Running in period (first couple of thousand kms or so), contrary to popular belief is not only about the engine, but about all moving parts in the vehicle. It allow the stress to be imposed gradually on the system, and allows it to "set in" well.

While manufacturers might claim that the running in is not required, the quality control and design remain imperfect. It is a bit of an insurance towards better health of one's car. Sample the post below about how Mahindra's vehicle as improved the years. I suppose it would be to do with improvement in specifications/design/quality control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
I currently drive the XUV500 W11 AT, bought it at the launch of the current face-lift version. I think this was the most refined XUV500, I have the previous 2 versions within my extended family and the latest one felt the most mature.
One loses little in taking some precautions for a while, for a good life of the vehicle.

A tiny bit more and links to more details about running in here (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
I say this after the number of vehicles completely or largely being run-in by me being in double digits.

Last edited by Poitive : 16th December 2021 at 19:35.
Poitive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 20:09   #3637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Monday ? you are not availing any finance so I was expecting faster delivery. delay is due to RTO registration ?
Well, now it looks like Tuesday. Just another in a series of dealership idiosyncrasies. I have anyway booked a choice number and handed over the receipt to the dealership; all they have to do now is deposit the road tax and safety cess along with the requisite paperwork; this ought not to take more than 2 days at the max. I finally went to the dealership today and had a stern conversation with the guys there, so now keeping fingers crossed about Tuesday. Beyond a point, there's very little one can do

Last edited by Aditya : 17th December 2021 at 17:47. Reason: Let's keep it civil
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 22:11   #3638
BHPian

Quote:
Was eagerly awaiting the Key Fob, since it was Out of Stock on M2All website for so long. Finally ordered it last week and couldn't wait to get my hands on it; this was going to be my first "official accessory" of the XUV 700. Not even kidding, but the moment I opened the package, I was not just stunned, but wanted to really throw it directly into the bin! The only term that comes in my mind after seeing the alleged Key Fob: THIRD-CLASS.

What a severe disappointment, Mahindra! This literally feels like an item picked up from a street-vendor! Neither the brading is what it was claimed to be, nor is the new Mahindra logo even embossed properly (it's tilted!). For a pricing of 1,099/- including shipping, this is a cruel joke to say the least! The visual reference on the portal was a sleek and sophisticated product. Cheap doesn't even begin to describe this monstrosity!
You should return it and demand a refund. This is just atrocious.
Old 17th December 2021, 09:47   #3639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, now it looks like Tuesday. Just another in a series of dealership idiosyncrasies. I have anyway booked a choice number and handed over the receipt to the dealership; all they have to do now is deposit the road tax and safety cess along with the requisite paperwork; this ought not to take more than 2 days at the max. I finally went to the dealership today and had a stern conversation with the guys there, so now keeping fingers crossed about Tuesday. Beyond a point, there's very little one can do
I can sympathize with you having gone through similar ordeal with Hyundai dealer for my Creta. Having opted for insurance myself and not opting for any accessories pack, I was not expecting my SA to be prompt and he obliged to the fullest

I guess this is the price we pay for not going with dealer TnC.

Don't lose sleep over it. Once you have the car with you, it'll all be forgotten and you can go back to enjoy life (drive)

Last edited by Aditya : 17th December 2021 at 17:48. Reason: Quoted text edited
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 11:17   #3640
BHPian

Ax5 delivery without booking

I had tried to check out variants of petrol AT on October 7th. I had added to cart, but didn't make any booking amount, as I found AX5 had features less.

Cut to last week, I had received a call from Mahindra saying that my car is shipped and should reach dealership in another 5 days. I thought it was a joke and when I informed him that I haven't booked yet, he said it might be due to system glitch. But he wanted to know if I want to take the delivery. I got confused and I checked online, two days ago, using my phone number and OTP, it is showing that my car is available at the dealership.

I wasn't keen on going ahead, hence called the dealership and told him that I wasn't going ahead with the purchase.

Unable to upload screenshot of booking status. Will upload soon.
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 12:22   #3641
BHPian

Any idea of the offroad performance? I have the 3.2 Endeavour and use it quite a bit in the estate. Its offroad package is very good. Replacing it will be tough and Im not too fond of the fortuner. So Im hoping that the XUV700 will have some decent offroad capability?
Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 12:28   #3642
BHPian

Ax5 delivery without booking

I had tried to check out variants of petrol AT on October 7th. I had added to cart, but didn't make any booking amount, as I found AX5 had features less.

Cut to last week, I had received a call from Mahindra saying that my car is shipped and should reach dealership in another 5 days. I thought it was a joke and when I informed him that I haven't booked yet, he said it might be due to system glitch. But he wanted to know if I want to take the delivery. I got confused and I checked online, two days ago, using my phone number and OTP, it is showing that my car is available at the dealership.

I wasn't keen on going ahead, hence called the dealership and told him that I wasn't going ahead with the purchase.

Last edited by K.grg : 17th December 2021 at 12:29. Reason: Posted twice due to some probable technical glitch. Mods apologies for the same
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 13:11   #3643

Re: Ax5 delivery without booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
========

Welcome to the club !
I had received the same call 2 weeks ago when I was just browsing their website and added an AX5 AMT into the cart and did not checkout.

Note : I never received any messages from their end.

Called the dealer and asked him, he told me that this is a technical glitch and my booking will be terminated.
The sales rep told me that they get a minimum of 5 calls in a day about false bookings and asked to be terminated.

Mahindra needs to work on these soon. This is causing a lot of inconvenience.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th December 2021 at 13:16. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Thanks.
Old 17th December 2021, 13:19   #3644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
I informed him that I haven't booked yet, he said it might be due to system glitch. But he wanted to know if I want to take the delivery. I got confused and I checked online, two days ago, using my phone number and OTP, it is showing that my car is available at the dealership.
This is true - I have one car on my name from AS dealership though I am in KA and that wasn't even booked by me

Around Oct 3rd, I was playing with their order page and created a configuration. I kept the colour as black even though I wanted it in Red. The delivery is in April/May 2022
Old 17th December 2021, 13:45   #3645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk98 View Post

Note : I never received any messages from their end.

Called the dealer and asked him, he told me that this is a technical glitch and my booking will be terminated.
There is a slight twist in my case, as the SA is constantly calling up to make payment. He is ready to provide VIN no and he is, in fact, requesting me to do the PDI and arrange for payment. He is OK with outside insurance too.

Last edited by K.grg : 17th December 2021 at 13:46. Reason: Removed unnecessary smiley

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks