Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 09:35   #3706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Actually, Adaptive cruise control is not on the AX7. It is only on the AX7L.
I was under the same impression but the AX7 AT variants get it. You dont need to have 'L' pack for it.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 09:51   #3707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I was under the same impression but the AX7 AT variants get it. You dont need to have 'L' pack for it.
Oh I didn't know that, Thanks!
Old 20th December 2021, 10:44   #3708
BHPian

I asked my SA on the difference between adaptive cruise control on AX7 automatic and adaptive cruise control + stop and go on AX7L automatic. He explained below:

on AX7L:
If you set adaptive cruise control at 80 km/hr following a vehicle ahead, assuming it slows down, your car will slow down and then accelerate automatically without any driver input . Even when vehicle ahead comes to a complete halt, your car will come at halt and will again accelerate up to 80km/hr. If the vehicle ahead zooms above 80km/hr; your car won't cross 80km/hr

on AX7:
If you set adaptive cruise control at 80 km/hr following a vehicle ahead, assuming it slows down, your car will slow down but then won't accelerate automatically. Even when vehicle ahead comes to a complete halt, your car will come at halt but, will require driver's accelerator input to accelerate and reach 80km/hr cruise limit.

So basically AX7L ensures you maintain cruise set speed without the need to press accelerator and brake. It's activated only above 30 km/hr.

AX7 on other hand, brakes in case of an obstacle but will require driver to press accelerator implying cruise control will be reset.

Last edited by StepUP! : 20th December 2021 at 10:56.
StepUP! is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 10:58   #3709
Distinguished - BHPian

From the User Manual here: https://storagewyh.blob.core.windows...rs-Manual.html

Mahindra XUV700 Review-acc.jpg

Stop & Go works if the stop duration is less than or equal to 3 seconds I read somewhere.

Also - the difference in regular ACC fir MT and Stop&Go for AT is, the car can completely come to halt and still take off if car ahead moves in less than 3 seconds.

I noted some time earlier (can't recall source) - in MT it's going to be difficult to keep ACC engaged - higher gear, 50kmph vs lower gear stop & go to 5 kmph - will the same gear hold... No. I think the way AT has certain advantages in this department... So Stop&Go ACC is only for AT - L pack may not have anything to do with this.
abirnale is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:13   #3710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
While this is nice, I think it is worth considering if this constitutes an endorsement of the car by Team BHP. e.g. I don't believe Team BHP has even officially reviewed the car, and certainly we cannot at this stage vouch for the long-term reliability of the vehicle.
Just to clarify, the reviewer Omkar in the official review is a member of the Team-BHP Support Crew

So yes, the XUV7OO has been officially reviewed by Team-BHP.
akash_v12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:33   #3711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
AX7 on other hand, brakes in case of an obstacle but will require driver to press accelerator implying cruise control will be reset. [/b]
AX7 will slow down if the vehicle ahead slows down and will accelerate automatically if vehicle ahead accelerates (if above 30) or lane is changed to a free one. The SA is referring to condition of a complete stop or speed going below 30 post which ACC will be disengaged on AX7. I've already mentioned this previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Also - the difference in regular ACC fir MT and Stop&Go for AT is
There is no ACC in MT. MT gets normal cruise control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
So Stop&Go ACC is only for AT - L pack may not have anything to do with this.
L pack has everything to do with Stop & Go because it requires an electronic parking brake. Without an EPB, the vehicle cannot perform auto-hold for 3 seconds and then start moving automatically when vehicle ahead moves.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 20th December 2021 at 11:35.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:55   #3712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post

on AX7:
If you set adaptive cruise control at 80 km/hr following a vehicle ahead, assuming it slows down, your car will slow down but then won't accelerate automatically. Even when vehicle ahead comes to a complete halt, your car will come at halt but, will require driver's accelerator input to accelerate and reach 80km/hr cruise limit.
As per my understanding, if you are trailing a car on an AX7 (which doesn't have ACC) and the car ahead slows down, your car alerts you to slow down first and if you don't act till the last minute, it will apply emergency braking. This is not a smooth slowing down but a jerky/abrupt stop and should be reserved only for real emergency situation. In essence, driver should be in control of slowing down but the car picks up to the set speed as you release the brake.
Old 20th December 2021, 11:59   #3713
BHPian

Mahindra needs to sort this out somehow-

Book Mahindra XUV700 now and get it in 2023, SUV's waiting period reaches 1.5 years

https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 20th December 2021, 12:01   #3714
BHPian

My Brother in law whose Fortuner was stolen last March, has finally gifted himself Xuv700 AX7L Petrol Automatic.

Since the launch, I was thinking of going Mahindra showroom & check the car in person, but i guess i was too lazy to do. Finally saw car in person yesterday & was super impressed & car has indeed come a long way if compared with Xuv500.

Needless to say, i as well voted for Xuv700 as Car of the Year.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700.jpg  

woodstock3001 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 12:11   #3715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
if you are trailing a car on an AX7 (which doesn't have ACC).
AX7 also has ACC. What you are referring to is only limited to the MT version with normal cruise control.

Man people are really confused about ACC. Let me clear it up on what version gets what.

ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control)
All automatic variants of AX7 and AX7L get adaptive cruise control. Vehicle will match speed to the car ahead (by automatically accelerating or braking).

If speed goes below 30, ACC will disengage on the AX7 trim.

ACC with Stop & Go (also known as traffic assist)
Only automatic vehicles with EPB get this. Which as per specs only L variant gets. (and maybe AX7 AWD).

In this 2 things happen:

1. ACC will not disengage when speed goes below 30km/hr.
2. Even if vehicle ahead comes to a complete halt, ACC stays engaged (upto 3s) and automatically starts moving car if vehicle ahead moves.

If more than 3s pass, all you have to do is press resume and the vehicle will start moving again.

Basic cruise control
AX7 and AX7L manual transmission gets basic cruise control. Vehicle only matches the speed set and will not adapt to vehicle ahead. In case the car moves very close to vehicle ahead, AEB will get triggered (if enabled) and the vehicle will come to an abrupt stop.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 20th December 2021 at 12:14.
Tanmay007 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 12:14   #3716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
AX7 also has ACC. What you are referring to is only limited to the MT version with normal cruise control.
Sorry, yes I forgot that AX7 gets ACC as well. What I wrote is valid for variants with normal CC.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 14:23   #3717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Brand new Mahindra XUV700 met with an accident in Bengaluru. No impact to the cabin but the front fascia is completely damaged.

Attachment 2246931

Attachment 2246932

Attachment 2246933

Link
No airbag deployment concerns me

Or maybe the driver wasn't wearing seatbelts.

Both the scenarios are disappointing.

I always wonder what could be the reason behind linking seatbelt wearing and airbags.

Why shouldn't the airbags open during a crash irrespective of driver wearing a seatbelt or not

Last edited by manson : 24th December 2021 at 02:12.
Old 20th December 2021, 15:15   #3718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Mahindra needs to sort this out somehow-

Book Mahindra XUV700 now and get it in 2023, SUV's waiting period reaches 1.5 years

https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...?ocid=msedgntp
Why? It is good for them just like the last time. Sustained demand for 3-4 years assured and then a facelift with added features and power will keep it going for some more years.

Reality is that right now there are more people waiting to book than those who have booked, they just need that extra motivation to know when the vehicle will arrive at a reasonable amount of time to put the money down, that is it.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 15:27   #3719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Man people are really confused about ACC. Let me clear it up on what version gets what.

ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control)
All automatic variants of AX7 and AX7L get adaptive cruise control. Vehicle will match speed to the car ahead (by automatically accelerating or braking).
If ACC (adaptive cruise control) can match the speed of the vehicle ahead and brake or accelerate as per situation, it will still follow the speed set by the driver, right?

E.g. A long, empty, 6 lane highway with a speed limit of 50kmph (Dehradun has one) sees the driver set 50kmph in Adaptive cruise control and the car ahead starts increasing the speed to 75kmph since the driver in the car ahead is okay with over speeding.

Will ours also follow it by accelerating?

I think that the acceleration and braking works only within the set speed. Right?

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 20th December 2021 at 15:31.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 15:39   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Will ours also follow it by accelerating?
If car in front crosses the speed you set in ACC, your car will maintain cruise at the set speed. For ex. if 75 is set and vehicle in front goes to 100, your car will go up to 75 and stay there.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks