Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2021, 18:50   #3691
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Thank you! I booked with Sahyadri motors at Baner

Can someone please explain me the difference between adaptive cruise control function in AX7 and AX7 L trims?
Nice, I booked at Sahyadri as well.

No difference between adaptive cruise control, Only thing is it's available in automatic variants of AX7 and AX7L.

I know brochure specifically mention that under AXL but if you look at small section where they explain "feature and conditions apply", they mention about this.
Attached Images

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 19th December 2021 at 18:52. Reason: added more explanation.
Old 19th December 2021, 18:55   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like it hit the divider / base section of the metro pillars. May be driver stepped on the accelerator instead of the brakes ?
If it's an AT, then could be a driver moving from MT to an AT.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 19:06   #3693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Thank you! This is a good calculation. While cost of petrol might not be a priority, but it's definitely there on the list

Hence INR 8K difference over 70K km works out to a 9 paise difference per kilometer. Would my understanding be correct?

If so, then that is not a significant difference even in the long run (insert disclaimer around fuel prices over the next 5 years here!)
Yeah, As per Mahindra diesel maintenance is ( labor + parts ) is comparable with Petrol.

What basically tilt scale towards diesel is milage. since when you say running cost for 70K KM, then even at current rate, diff of 3 Rs per KM translate to 2.1L.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 19:54   #3694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
What basically tilt scale towards diesel is milage. since when you say running cost for 70K KM, then even at current rate, diff of 3 Rs per KM translate to 2.1L.
Valid point. Thank you.

How about depreciation / retained value? Any significant difference between petrol and diesel cars?
Old 19th December 2021, 20:36   #3695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Question - this is specific to the XUV7OO - and in some sense also generic to petrol v/s diesel powertrains.

If the priority is NOT
1. Fuel efficiency / mileage
2. Cost of fuel

BUT

The priority is:
1. Lower cost of maintenance over the lifetime
2. Lesser number of niggles (engine specific)
3. Coupling with an automatic transmission

What would make a better choice? The Petrol or the Diesel?
Generic: I would look at each of the engines and decide accordingly. Hyundai Elantra offers a 2.0 petrol and 1.5 Diesel. (With your considerations) I'd pick the Petrol; MG Hector offers a 1.5 petrol and a 2.0 Diesel, and I'd pick the diesel.

I generally prefer an engine to be somewhat over-capacity than under-capacity to reduce strain on it, especially if one is to be kept long term.

Very broad generalisation: if you're looking to use it for a very high milage, and don't mind some daily care (proper warming up), diesels might be better, though typically more noisy.

XUV700: Both appear to be excellent (In MX petrol is better, considering diesel is a detuned one). Choose based on other factors.

Last edited by Poitive : 19th December 2021 at 20:37. Reason: Typo
Poitive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 20:50   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
It has no cut out for the adrenox logo and hence is unable to sit flush and causes massive bubble at the left bottom corner.
I installed the screen protector from Mahindra and such a bubble is not there.

Name:  Small Screen guard.png
Views: 1241
Size:  247.9 KB

Seeing this post, I was asking about this potential bubble to the person in charge of accessories at the dealer. He had assured that such a bubble will not be there. I couldn't understand whether there is a precisely made cutout for the logo as I couldn't see a gap. I believe there is a cutout as it is unlikely that they will remove the logo from the screen and paste on top of the screen protector!

Anyways, I am not happy about the imperfections at the left edge. They have assured that those bubbles will disappear gradually once the screen heats up but I am not confident about it.

Last edited by impala : 19th December 2021 at 20:53.
impala is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 20:57   #3697
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please explain me the difference between adaptive cruise control function in AX7 and AX7 L trims?
L variant gets stop and go (traffic assist) which means with ACC engaged vehicle will have the ability to come to a complete halt and auto-resume (within 3s).

In the non-luxury variant ACC will get disengaged automatically below a certain speed (20km/hr IIRC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I installed the screen protector from Mahindra and such a bubble is not there.
Thats good to know! Maybe there’s a cutout and I was mistaken or they cut it out manually later.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 21:04   #3698
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good to know! Maybe there’s a cutout and I was mistaken or they cut it out manually later.
I was informed by NBS that they have recalled the screen guard as there was no cut out for the Adrenox badge. Hence its not being sold yet as an accessory. Amazon is selling the screen guard with the cut out as others have bought and confirmed.
Vashanis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 21:32   #3699
Senior - BHPian

I believe the topic was discussed on the thread a bit, but this specific video was probably not shared. Pardon me if it was and this is a repeat.

It shows the XUV700 actually toppling over in the side-impact test and it being discussed openly in the video (no hush-hush) and it being within the protocol to award it 5 stars.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-gncap-side-impact-topple.jpg

An interesting video, this. Link:
Poitive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 21:43   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
Valid point. Thank you.

How about depreciation / retained value? Any significant difference between petrol and diesel cars?
While you might notice diesel vehicle are slowing disappearing from hatchbacks/sedan segment, they do command good value over their petrol counterpart, so compared to say Ecosport Petrol AT, Diesel AT still gets better valuation (even after Ford's exit!)

Coming back to large SUV/Premium SUV segment, even as of today, it's driven by Diesel variants, while it's slowing changing but Diesel still contributes to major sales in this segment.
While resale value is still un-predictable, I believe Diesel XUV700 will still get better valuation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
I believe the topic was discussed on the thread a bit, but this specific video was probably not shared. Pardon me if it was and this is a repeat.

It shows the XUV700 actually toppling over in the side-impact test and it being discussed openly in the video (no hush-hush) and it being within the protocol to award it 5 stars.
I am not surprised, SUV's are known for rollover risk, One of the headline Tesla had was when they avoided it, read more here -

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/02/14...st-for-an-suv/

Last edited by manson : 24th December 2021 at 02:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 21:55   #3701
BHPian

Quote:

No difference between adaptive cruise control, Only thing is it's available in automatic variants of AX7 and AX7L.

I know brochure specifically mention that under AXL but if you look at small section where they explain "feature and conditions apply", they mention about this.
Oh, that's good to know. Yes I know its available in automatic only.
Which variant did you book and when?

If you see the brochure AX7 has adaptive cruise control and L pack adds stop and go function to it. So I didn't get the difference.

Quote:
L variant gets stop and go (traffic assist) which means with ACC engaged vehicle will have the ability to come to a complete halt and auto-resume (within 3s).

In the non-luxury variant ACC will get disengaged automatically below a certain speed (20km/hr IIRC).
I think adaptive cruise control just accelerates automatically when the vehicle ahead accelerates but does not brake when the vehicle slows down. Which stop and go function in L trim does.
I am not sure though. Experts can chip in.
Old 19th December 2021, 22:35   #3702
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, that's good to know. Yes I know its available in automatic only.
Which variant did you book and when?
AX5 Diesel AT in November first week and AX7 Diesel AT yesterday.
some background here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5217801 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
Old 20th December 2021, 00:22   #3703
BHPian

Quote:
I think adaptive cruise control just accelerates automatically when the vehicle ahead accelerates but does not brake when the vehicle slows down
Not true. ACC will apply brakes to match speed if vehicle ahead slows down in both AX7 and AX7L. Stop and go makes use of the EPB to come to a complete halt and resume automatically if required conditions match.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 20th December 2021 at 00:23.
Tanmay007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 03:50   #3704
BHPian

Diesel Manual fuel efficiency around 15.4/16kmpl on highway with tank method. (MID showing 18.7 kmpl).
This is before first service as per this youtube video.

Last edited by manson : 24th December 2021 at 02:12.
fazalmirza is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 08:10   #3705
BHPian

Quote:

Actually, Adaptive cruise control is not on the AX7. It is only on the AX7L.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks