Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2021, 14:14   #3616
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Thanks for that, I have been following your ownership thread as well and it’s been very helpful. Point of clarification on this - do you know if this the case of MT vs AT? I recollect jojo wheelie or somebody else on YouTube mentioning the start/stop would be for AT and hence the question.
Apologies for this misinformation. I stand corrected. I checked with a guy who has a AT and he confirmed that AX7 AT does have Climate Control and Engine Start/Stop option enabled in Mobile App. Incidentally as we speak, the Adrenox app is not working. It appears that there's some upgrade to the app or some backend maintenance work going on.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 15:15   #3617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Apologies for this misinformation. I stand corrected. I checked with a guy who has a AT and he confirmed that AX7 AT does have Climate Control and Engine Start/Stop option enabled in Mobile App. Incidentally as we speak, the Adrenox app is not working. It appears that there's some upgrade to the app or some backend maintenance work going on.
May be this is the case - The Start/Stop as in what M&M refers to as micro-hybrid start and stop of engine is - automatically when you are in N, engine switches off and as soon as you press clutch pedal, engine starts. This applies only to MT. This is there in XUV5OO, Scorpio too.

The Push Button Start and Stop (key required in the cabin) is something that is a convenience of starting car without having to use the key directly. Instead of inserting key in the keyhole in steering column to start engine is not the start stop we are referring... I hope?
Old 15th December 2021, 15:50   #3618
BHPian

The app not having remote start/stop and climate control for manual transmission makes sense as most people park their vehicles in gear. AT should not have any issues with remote start feature.

Mahindra could technically enable the feature for manual if the vehicles is parked in neutral with handbrake engaged. I see no reason why it wouldn’t work. Maybe worth a try emailing their tech team with a request.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 16:13   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Thanks mate for taking your time to check with your friend, this is encouraging. Now if I can only get the EPB availability for AWD confirmed I would be all set.
Old 15th December 2021, 16:49   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post

Now, the VIN says that the car is an October 2021 manufactured vehicle. On asking the guy, he said they received the car along with others only 2 days ago. I didn't press him much, but am wondering what was Mahindra doing for almost 2 months instead of dispatching the vehicle? Does it have anything to with the chip shortage? Anyway, considering that the time period is decent and the production line is hot, I don't want to read too much between the lines. Since mine is an AX7 Petrol AT model, there's virtually no chance this was used as a TD vehicle, since all were only AX7L. I checked for other tell-tale signs, but couldn't find any either.

Interesting tidbit: Father counted 42 XUV700s at the stockyard, out of which 7 were Everest White, 2 were silver and the rest all were Midnight Black! According to the stockyard guy, they have received only 2 Reds and 1 Electric Blue till now. He also mentioned that they have received only 15 AX5 models in these 2 months, rest all have been AX7 and AX7L. Midnight Black seems to be the true hero.

Congrats buddy !, good to know that your PDI went well. Regarding your VIN query, I wonder if chip shoratge was culprit for car seating at plant for that long

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-shortage.html (Mahindra in deep trouble due to severe chip shortage)

Quote:
Mahindra has not started full production of the XUV700 due to the ECU shortage issue. Around 8,000 semi-finished cars are lying in the yard waiting for ECUs at the Chakan plant. The plant will receive around 1,000-2,000 ECUs next month, out of which only 500 will be allotted to the XUV700.
Midnight black was tempting color, Me and family had long discussion around that but whenever I see 2-3 year old black color car, my mind re-confirms that it's not for me. It will always stand out for those who can maintain dark color. I went with Everest white.

As per Mahindra marketing VP, around 60% Introductory booking were for AX7 series so I am not surprised that they only received 15 AX5 at one dealership.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 17:19   #3621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
May be this is the case - The Start/Stop as in what M&M refers to as micro-hybrid start and stop of engine is - automatically when you are in N, engine switches off and as soon as you press clutch pedal, engine starts. This applies only to MT. This is there in XUV5OO, Scorpio too.

The Push Button Start and Stop (key required in the cabin) is something that is a convenience of starting car without having to use the key directly. Instead of inserting key in the keyhole in steering column to start engine is not the start stop we are referring... I hope?
What we are referring to is more of the remote start and stop,climate control etc from the mobile app and Alexa over internet.

Last edited by Sandegov : 15th December 2021 at 17:19. Reason: Typo
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 17:51   #3622
Distinguished - BHPian

XUV700 vs Innova Crysta comparison

CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 19:09   #3623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Quick question on Acko - does it offer all the bells and whistles? RSA, 0 dep, return to invoice etc? My insurance renewal is coming up and am exploring options
Well, Acko does have all the bells & whistles and the pricing especially is mouth-watering, but ultimately the reach and acceptability is in question. The Insurance thread has discussed this bit about newer insurance players like Acko, Digit, etc. Eventually, it's a question of whether one is willing to take a leap of faith. As for myself, I wanted peace of mind and no hassles later, so a delta of a few thousands while choosing an established player instead of Acko seemed doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Congrats buddy, good to know that your PDI went well. Regarding your VIN query, I wonder if chip shoratge was culprit for car seating at plant for that long

Midnight black was tempting color, Me and family had long discussion around that but whenever I see 2-3 year old black color car, my mind re-confirms that it's not for me. It will always stand out for those who can maintain dark color. I went with Everest white.
Thanks man! Yes, dark colours are definitely a pain to maintain. PPF would have definitely been a necessity and the current costs for PPF are not quite budget-friendly for a vast majority, including myself. The XUV 700 in Silver somehow looked pretty underwhelming to me, so White it was. Our Altis is Champagne Gold and the Compass is Silver. Hoping White to add a nice touch to the stable.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 20:03   #3624
BHPian

Does anyone know whether XUV700 comes with underbody anti-rust coating from the factory? I was inquiring about it and a body shop owner advised me that it is not necessary as XUV700 comes with anti-rust coating. During PDI, I did observe what appeared anti-rust coating but unsure about it.
Old 15th December 2021, 20:11   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
and both gave exorbitant quotes now for XUV 700.

There was no way I was going to pay either the Incidental Charges or the inflated Insurance premium as asked by the dealership. They have to relent if you stand firm and hold your ground on sticky issues. Never show desperation in getting quick delivery, that's when they start trying to pull a fast one, in the interest of expediting proceedings.
Congratulations on the success.

Just a query for same subject.
What if the dealer and buyer both are unable to reach a truce on insurance?
Is it possible to switch the insurance after registration and all formalities? I don't know about car insurance, but in other cases of insurance, I think we may surrender the policy within one month of purchase without any charges. If this applies to car insurance, then we may just agree to dealer (and even get some freebies in other form ), and cancel the insurance later.

Sorry if this question looks foolish, as I'm not having much knowledge about insurances.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th December 2021 at 01:51. Reason: Quote fixed. Missing grammar added.
sudanmohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 20:12   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
NBS Mahindra, Andheri West. They're a real piece of work, every little thing is a battle.
Oh boy. I've booked with the same dealer, though my date is a year later.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th December 2021 at 01:51. Reason: Quote trimmed.
CapKoura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 22:28   #3627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
XUV700 vs Innova Crysta comparison.
These motorbeam guys are quoting wrong fuel economy figures. They are saying, the petrol drinks a lot of fuel and you can expect 6-8 kmpl.
For diesel they are quoting 13-14 kmpl.
@16.50 mm:ss

No clarification if these are city or highway figures.
If I were a petrol XUV7OO owner, I'd be more pissed than I m right now.

I feel it is quite absurd for such a widely followed youtube channel to quote fuel economy figures which are more like "out of the hat" rather than realistic!

Last edited by aah78 : 16th December 2021 at 01:52. Reason: Video removed from quote.
fazalmirza is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 23:28   #3628

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Last month, my friend faced similar issue with Hyundai dealer in Jaipur for purchase of Creta. Dealer was forcing to buy insurance at ~81k, whereas similar was available from outside for less than 40k.
Thanks a lot. This really helped. In fact I went a step further and got the insurance done myself using the chassis and engine number which I had noted at the time of PDI. I then shared the Insurance copy with the sales person and asked them to proceed with Registration. This worked pretty well for me. Its just that I missed out on the freebies which the dealer could have possibly given otherwise.

Last edited by Eddy : 16th December 2021 at 01:48. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability
Vik7OO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 23:37   #3629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

2. The first facelift for the XUV700 will come alongwith the launch of XUV900 coupe and it will feature a revised front end wherein the bonnet will be made a bit lower and the overall front look will be made sleeker. Features like laser lights and advanced ADAS can be expected on the facelift.
As always, gratitude and thanks to you for these sneak-peeks into Tata and Mahindra.

The whole idea of a revised front kind of scares me a bit coming from Mahindra given how loud the lights of XUV7OO are. In my honest opinion, the bonnet is already quite low in height(compared to Safari) and lowering it further, would make it seem out of place. For a coupe (XUV9OO) it will work but for a mid-size SUV, it might be a little polarizing.

Quote:
Well, after much hemming and hawing, the dealership had reluctantly agreed to let me visit their stockyard for PDI.
A Heartfelt congratulations to you, Nikhil. After all the tweets and facebook posts, glad to see Mahindra finally delivering your steed. Happy Driving.

Quote:
"Incidental Charges", wherein they were giving me random excuses like "You should have informed us about these charges being unacceptable right at the start before booking" and "These charges are levied by all dealers".
It's been quite some time since these Incidental charges matter was laid to rest by few companies such as TaMO, MSIL and HMIL. Now, they seem to be back again like a rabbit out of a hat. Dealers buy cars at an Ex-Stockyard price and the end consumer buys it at an Ex-Showroom one. These incidental charges are to be borne by dealers and not customers. In Nikhil's case, he can contact the higher ups at Mahindra but for an average customer, I think we at TeamBHP should do something about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Mahindra could technically enable the feature for manual if the vehicles is parked in neutral with handbrake engaged. I see no reason why it wouldn’t work. Maybe worth a try emailing their tech team with a request.
It is indeed available on AX7L Diesel Manual. I believe the condition in most of Manual vehicle is that it should come with an EPB and should be kept in Neutral for the Remote engine Start/Stop to work.
Moto_Bear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 00:58   #3630
BHPian

Came across another accessory that’s designed by incompetent folks at Mahindra - the official screen protector. It has no cut out for the adrenox logo and hence is unable to sit flush and causes massive bubble at the left bottom corner. The person responsible for quality control in accessory dept needs to get fired.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-70222fc39fb04bbdb6b8af73a331879b.png

The ones available on Amazon have the required cut-out as posted by Mudhalaipatti in his thread (Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review).

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 16th December 2021 at 01:07.
Tanmay007 is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks