Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 10:31   #3571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Hi all, need your experienced friendly advice on engine run in for BS6 cars. Our car's delivery has been postponed from 7th December (today) to 25th December-1st January, 2022. If Mahindra honours the second date that they've given, we should be getting our car on Christmas or before as per dealership.

Coming to the matter at hand, this will be our first BS6 diesel car and I'm worried about the infamous DPF issue that seems to plague almost all BS6 diesels. The thing is, during engine run-in period, we are not supposed to drive the engine at high revs, however, after reading through the posts on the forum and on the internet as well, it seems that for BS6 diesel cars, if they're driven sedately for long period and in low rpms, the DPF error crops up.

We will be going to take delivery in the nearby city which is 250kms away and I wanted to know: Will it be okay to bring home the car driving in low RPM? Or how should I go about it? Thank you for the advice.

[Mods please remove the post if not appropriate.]
I was also in the same shoes a few months ago as you are now. My daily driver was (and still is) the Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4 CRDi 2009 which is a BS4 diesel but recently I bought a Hyundai Tucson 4WD CRDi A/T which is a BS6 diesel and after driving it for almost 8,000kms I can say that initially yes I was a bit wary of the nasty DPF issues but now I’m totally fine with it and follow the same rules as I followed with BS4 diesels and I’ve driven the car in all scenarios but anyways I don’t take in extremely heavy choc-a-block B2B traffic as I’m more worried of scratches and dings than DPF warning and use my dad’s 2010 petrol WagonR which is perfect for dodging nasty traffic jams and alleys.

Secondly I think it’s the smaller capacity Diesel engines with NSC system (sans AdBlue) having more troubles, big diesels with SCR systems are better off dealing with these issues, another point is the geography of the region you live in, in hilly areas since air pressure drops like humans cars also have problem in intake. For your reference I live in a plateau region which is 600ft above mean sea level. Thank you!

PS-I know and have been following you from 2018s Hyundai Creta thread when you bought a Passion Orange Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX(O) CRDi and shared the fiasco of two dealers,also I loved your DIY Ceramic Coating and I’ve been inspired and adopted many of those techniques
Tony2298 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:12   #3572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Perhaps you can ask for a refund.

This says a lot about how much a company cares about quality. I’d say zero and I’m not surprised.
Yes, they have agreed for a refund, thankfully. Had posted about this on the previous page.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:29   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2298 View Post
I was also in the same shoes a few months ago . . . recently I bought a Hyundai Tucson 4WD CRDi A/T which is a BS6 diesel and after driving it for almost 8,000kms I can say that . . . I’m totally fine with it and follow the same rules as I followed with BS4 diesels and I’ve driven the car in all scenarios but anyways I don’t take in extremely heavy choc-a-block B2B traffic as I’m more worried of scratches and dings than DPF warning and use my dad’s 2010 petrol WagonR which is perfect for dodging nasty traffic jams and alleys.
Hiya Tony, it's nice to know that you're facing no issues with your BS6 Tucson after driving it for almost 8,000 kms. It gives me confidence. Also, regarding heavy choc-a-bloc B2B traffic, yup, I hesitate to take my Creta as well for fear of it getting scratched It's either the Opel Corsa or Maruti 800 for those trips.

Quote:
Secondly I think it’s the smaller capacity Diesel engines with NSC system (sans AdBlue) having more troubles, big diesels with SCR systems are better off dealing with these issues . . .
Yes, after reading up on a few threads on the forum I've also come to the same conclusion. I think the bigger engines would fare better in this regard. But fingers crossed. Let's wait and watch.

Quote:
PS-I know and have been following you from 2018s Hyundai Creta thread when you bought a Passion Orange Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX(O) CRDi and shared the fiasco of two dealers,also I loved your DIY Ceramic Coating and I’ve been inspired and adopted many of those techniques
I'm surprised that you remember such minute details of my car and it's history, haha. Anyway, It's nice to know that I was able to inspire you buddy Stay Safe and thank you for the advice.
wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:08   #3574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
I really don't think that's the case -

1. After visiting most of the dealers I can confirm that top end variants for all cars across segment have longest waiting period.

2. Mahindra heavily advertised AWD variant before launch, check videos posted around Aug 2021 time frame.

3. AWD is one of the highest chip consuming variant, while it attracts users, but compared to other variants ( say AX7L ) its still low in demand.

4. They are trying to optimise chip usage across variants, launch of AX7 smart is part of that plan, they seems to be choosing to allot chips to AX7L variant to reduce supply chain pressure, that might be making business sense even at cost of booking cancellation for AWD variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peri_patetic99 View Post
You have made some good arguments, but I think that the awd variant needs more chips and due to the supply shortage right now they might be preferring to use those extra chips for other variants since demand is already high.

Also, I have definitely seen a few awd promo/review videos on Youtube.
What makes me skeptical is that the only AWD first drive review available anywhere is the one whose screenshot you shared. That was the First media drive organized by Mahindra at its new testing facility. Post that, there are no AWD videos/reviews anywhere of the car in showroom premises, leave alone real-world conditions.

Plus, another point is that I get there is a semiconductor issue going on but Mahindra couldn't batch produce AWD variants for a test drive! It beats me, as the company did for almost all other variants. (I am not talking mass production for deliveries)

Also, the initial test drive cars given to showrooms and Car influencers were the Pre-production cars from the first Media Drive. These cars had wooden finish panels on doors and blank switches near driver memory settings. My question is- Why didn't they share AWD cars with showrooms/influencers from those media drive when all other variants were shared!

All this makes me question- the inclination/commitment of Mahindra towards the AWD variant.

I hope I am proven wrong and Mahindra makes the AWD variant available soon even if it's just for reviews. I say that because this weekend we will be booking the AWD L-Pack model in that electric blue color. I am extremely traditional when it comes to Crossovers and feel they ought to come only in AWD. Hoping they dont ask me to switch to a 2WD variant later on

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2021 at 19:39. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 13th December 2021, 13:31   #3575

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Any idea where the micro sd card slot is located ( for the dvr ). Dealer had no clue and now I am stuck with a brand new 128gb micro sd
Sir, the maximum capacity is 32GB and not 128 and you can't do it yourself. The service center guys only can install it. Just got it installed last week.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2021 at 20:04. Reason: Grammar
manav274 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 14:04   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Till today morning, the status was stuck at "Order Processed". Just checked and the status suddenly shows that the vehicle has arrived at the dealership. Delivery date was 20th December. Awaiting communication from the dealer.
Update:
Received a call from the dealer today. The woman downright refused to allow me for PDI at the stockyard. Also mentioned that they share VIN details only once they receive full payment. Made it extremely clear to her that I will not pay a single rupee unless I see the car myself and that too at the stockyard! She mentioned that they will get the car to the showroom from the stockyard in case I'm really insistent. Now, the distance between the showroom and the stockyard (on the outskirts of Mumbai) is about 33 kms one way. Point to note also is that the fitment of accessories as informed by the dealer earlier happens at the stockyard and not at the dealership, due to space constraints. So, if the car is brought down to the dealership for my visit, they will drive it back all the way to the stockyard again for accessories. That's roughly a distance of 66 kms wherein my brand new car will be driven by a buffoon who obviously doesn't care about running-in and other basic hygiene to followed. Made it very clear, in no uncertain terms that I'm simply not comfortable with someone driving my car unnecessarily and I will not relent on PDI; also told them that I had anyway mentioned earlier that since I'm NOT opting for car financing, my funds are ready and will be transferred immediately if I'm satisfied with PDI. Obviously, I will hold back about 50k till the actual day of delivery and transfer the rest earlier. Now, I know customers from this dealership who have endured the same ordeal and were ultimately allowed PDI at the stockyard. Before banging the phone down, I simply told the woman on the other end that if she's not letting me do the PDI at the stockyard and are behaving like errant children, I'm more than happy to loop in Mahindra senior management!

Let's see what happens now. Will update.

P.s. Apologies for my constant rants; the whole experience is anything but enjoyable unfortunately.
IamNikhil is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 17:07   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
Received a call from the dealer today. The woman downright refused to allow me for PDI at the stockyard. ......[/i]
If you don't mind, which dealer are we talking about here? I too am from Mumbai, and I hope it is not the dealer where I have booked my car from.

Knowing this in advance would always help in handling them in a better way.
Old 13th December 2021, 17:51   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manav274 View Post
Sir, firstly the max capacity is for 32gb and not 128. And you cant do it urself. Service center guys can only install it. Just got it installed last week.
Guess I will need to install the 128gb in some other dashcam. Did you receive the 32gb card with the car or did you buy it separately ?
Old 13th December 2021, 17:58   #3579

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Guess I will need to install the 128gb in some other dashcam. Did you receive the 32gb card with the car or did you buy it separately ?
I bought it separately.
manav274 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 19:03   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
If you don't mind, which dealer are we talking about here? I too am from Mumbai, and I hope it is not the dealer where I have booked my car from.

Knowing this in advance would always help in handling them in a better way.
NBS Mahindra, Andheri West. They're a real piece of work, every little thing is a battle.

Update:
They have finally relented on PDI. Going tomorrow to their stockyard at Mumbra.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 13th December 2021 at 19:04.
IamNikhil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 19:14   #3581
BHPian

Quote:
NBS Mahindra, Andheri West. They're a real piece of work, every little thing is a battle.

Update:
Thanks for sharing the information. I have booked from Harekrishan Auto. So far have had good experience with them.

All the best for PDI. Waiting to know your ownership experience.
bill1182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 19:48   #3582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Update:
All the best. I have had forgettable experience with Hyundai for my Creta booking so you are not alone! Just my observation - service/response level is directly proportional to the customer agreeing to dealer TnC

I know people who had good experience with the same dealer because they just went with the dealer conditions and did not bother the SA much for faster delivery, insurance quote, accessories selection or PDI for that matter!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th December 2021 at 19:52.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 19:57   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
Received a call from the dealer today. The woman downright refused to allow me for PDI at the stockyard. Also mentioned that they share VIN details only once they receive full payment. Made it extremely clear to her that I will not pay a single rupee unless I see the car myself and that too at the stockyard!

Thanks for update, "No PDI, No Payment" is good stance, I told dealer here during booking itself that I will not skip PDI, he had no issues, Mahindra stockyard here is almost 5 mins drive from showroom so they typically never had issue with PDI.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 20:10   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I have booked from Harekrishan Auto. So far have had good experience with them.
Harekishan is quite good from what I know. 2 of my friends have booked from there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Just my observation - service/response level is directly proportional to the customer agreeing to dealer TnC
Hear hear! I think every dealer secretly hopes for a pliant customer. Unfortunately for them, a growing number of people, like us are aware about our rights and how to maneuver through the routine BS churned out by dealers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Mahindra stockyard here is almost 5 mins drive from showroom so they typically never had issue with PDI.
Oh! I envy you. It's going to be an almost 2 hour drive for me from my house till the stockyard, one way! Basically, I have had to set aside the entire day tomorrow for this. Fingers crossed
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 21:04   #3585
BHPian

Front USB charger dropped in AX-5 ?

I generally watch a lot of XUV700 walk around videos on youtube, believe me when i say "all"- some videos even have like 20-30 views :-)
I noticed one thing -

One video posted in first week of November 2021
Mahindra XUV700 Review-image-197.png

And here is one latest video -
Mahindra XUV700 Review-image-199.png

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 13th December 2021 at 21:04. Reason: format
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks