Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2021, 12:13   #3556
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi Friends ,

I got my delivery on 10th Dec , AX5 P MT, Midnight Black ,
Initially it was sometime in Jan but it got preponed .

Great ride for sure.

Thanks all for keeping this thread as one of the busiest thread😀
anirbanm is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 12:58   #3557

Hi fellow BHPians,

I have got an offer for a "Display" vehicle AX7 P AT midnight Black. I spoke to the dealer and there is no bargain on Insurance or 25k Accessories.
Seeing the demand for the vehicle from other people willing to go for the same vehicle without any questions ,is forcing a decision on me . Is it worth it ?
Now, for the accessories part which accessories are better to opt from Mahindra itself.
I see the seat covers doesn't offer much options (skipping that), anybody has gone for the Side steps and rear Protector in SS?is it worth it ?
How about the reviews for 7 D mats ?

TIA.
Vinpower87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 13:45   #3558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
AX7 L Diesel Automatic, Highway mileage @ 80-100 kmph. Tank method.

Zap mode: 14.62 kmpl
Zip mode: 13.9 kmpl
Zoom mode: 11.36 kmpl

On expected lines.
Might not be most accurate method, he used adaptive cruise control in-between, adaptive cruise control automatically changes driving modes which suits particular drive environment.

In city using lowest tune of 155BHP (zip mode) will give best result, highway i think might be good idea to use zap mode with speed moving in between 80-100KM.

On side note, I like Diesel offering mainly because of option of driving mode, I believe we get option of running on lower tune in bumper to bumper traffic which is missing in Petrol AT.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 13:51   #3559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Till today morning, the status was stuck at "Order Processed". Just checked and the status suddenly shows that the vehicle has arrived at the dealership. Delivery date was 20th December. Awaiting communication from the dealer.
Congratulation, I have been following your messages around delivery delays and tracking, good to know all sorted.
looking forward to your ownership blog :-)
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 16:25   #3560
BHPian

Any idea where the micro sd card slot is located ( for the dvr ). Dealer had no clue and now I am stuck with a brand new 128gb micro sd
Old 12th December 2021, 18:14   #3561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Also received the Mahindra 7OO key fob cover today, for 1000 bucks its just not worth it, the quality is extremely poor and it doesn't even have the XUV 7OO branding.
Some update on this: I requested a return immediately via email support, it was escalated to their higher-ups and Mahindra promptly arranged a pick-up after that. It has been delivered back to them, now I’m awaiting a refund.

Also soon after the email I noticed Mahindra took down the product from their website. So as far as after sales support goes, I’m very happy and I hope this level of service stays the same for their vehicles as well.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 12th December 2021 at 18:15.
Tanmay007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:44   #3562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Some update on this: I requested a return immediately via email support, it was escalated to their higher-ups and Mahindra promptly arranged a pick-up after that. It has been delivered back to them, now I’m awaiting a refund.
Same pinch. Had requested a return and M2ALL customer care was prompt to revert with a return pick-up scheduled via courier service Delhivery. They e-mailed the stickers to be printed and pasted on the return packet. Delhivery guy picked-up on the same day. Hoping the refund is processed next week.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 22:53   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
I find something fishy and strange about the AWD variant offered in XUV700. I feel:

(a) Mahindra is not confident of the AWD variant

(b) Will ultimately discontinue it (and give an option to switch variants to the customers who booked AWD) without really releasing it

(c) Limit the production volume of the AWD variant before phasing it out early in the XUV lifecycle.

Allow me to share my observations to back my statements:

1) Not a single, yes not a single Real-world/ showroom review of AWD variant by Youtubers, Auto journalists, fellow BHPians or anyone and that too for a car which is arguably the most Vlogged/Reviewed car in the Indian auto history. For every variant of this car- 5 seaters, 7 seaters, Autos/Manuals, petrol/diesel, base/mid/top and even for all colours- there is a video review available. The only AWD video I came across is the launch drive one, which is too short to really comprehend anything.

2) Most of the people who booked the AWD variant either have got hugely delayed and unreasonable delivery dates or haven't even got one

3) Mahindra never ever advertises its AWD variant in any of its promotional drives- not even in the XUV's Leh drive (it was actually a great tailor-made promotional tool to showcase its AWD capability) or in the Endurance run. In each of these drives, both petrol/diesel variants were part of the programs.

4) AWD is such a huge differentiator for XUV compared to all other cars below 26lacs (barring Thar), yet it amazes me, how can Mahindra not leverage such a huge promotional opportunity

5) Just one variant for its AWD variant! Limiting the AWD to top-end diesel autos mean low volume. Why would the company invest in R&D for such low volume variant '? It beats me

All these points to either the company being unsure of its AWD tech or maybe it's still under development or will be eventually discontinued. I hope my assumptions are proven wrong and we actually get to see a real SUV (one with AWD).
You have made some good arguments, but I think that the awd variant needs more chips and due to the supply shortage right now they might be preferring to use those extra chips for other variants since demand is already high.

Also, I have definitely seen a few awd promo/review videos on youtube.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_2021121222511556.jpg  

Peri_patetic99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 23:14   #3564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinpower87 View Post
Hi fellow BHPians,

I have got an offer for a "Display" vehicle AX7 P AT midnight Black. I spoke to the dealer and there is no bargain on Insurance or 25k Accessories.
Seeing the demand for the vehicle from other people willing to go for the same vehicle without any questions ,is forcing a decision on me . Is it worth it ?
Now, for the accessories part which accessories are better to opt from Mahindra itself.
I see the seat covers doesn't offer much options (skipping that), anybody has gone for the Side steps and rear Protector in SS?is it worth it ?
How about the reviews for 7 D mats ?

TIA.
Side step is worth , the fit is excellent looks as if its factory fitted .. even the rear protector is nice .
7d mats you can skip not worth the price IMHO.. I went for cozoo .. it fits very well and the quality is excellent.
anirbanm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 00:13   #3565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
AX7 L Diesel Automatic, Highway mileage @ 80-100 kmph. Tank method.

Zap mode: 14.62 kmpl
Zip mode: 13.9 kmpl
Zoom mode: 11.36 kmpl

On expected lines.

https://Youtu.be/9DKuCXZjioI
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Tad lower than my expectations.
~~~~~
Edit: 20 kmpl here! https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5213765 (2021 Tata Safari Review)
And now we have @AshwinRS 's Jeep Compass return an FE of 20.5 (MID) on a 590 run from Noida to Jodhpur. Though it is a diesel manual, it remains a big difference.

The test on the XUV700 was (also) done in Rajasthan. And at night. Which suggests lesser than typical highway traffic.

Link (Jeep Compass : Official Review)

I wonder if the aura of XUV700 will diminish if real life FE is much below competition. Though it should matter lesser at it's typical price point, recent rapid increases in fuel rates don't help.

Last edited by Poitive : 13th December 2021 at 00:19. Reason: Refinement
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 00:55   #3566

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Any idea where the micro sd card slot is located ( for the dvr ). Dealer had no clue and now I am stuck with a brand new 128gb micro sd
MicroSD card is installed near A-pillar on the left side.

The Front-Left scuff plate and A-piller cover will need to be removed to install the MicroSD card.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-microsd-card-location.jpg

The dealership was also provided with a special tiny machine to push the MicroSD card in its slot, but the person who installed it told me that he could easily do it directly without the tool.

Also, the dealer was only supplied with 32GB MicroSD cards by Mahindra, and since I needed larger storage, I requested him to enquire if larger capacity is supported (64 or 128GB).
He enquired at his end and told me that 32GB is the max storage supported.
However, I found no information regarding maximum capacity in the Owners manual or anywhere else I could search.

If anyone is able to use a larger than 32GB MicroSD capacity successfully, kindly update.
talha is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 00:57   #3567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
1) Not a single, yes not a single Real-world/ showroom review of AWD variant by Youtubers, Auto journalists, fellow BHPians or anyone and that too for a car which is arguably the most Vlogged/Reviewed car in the Indian auto history. For every variant of this car- 5 seaters, 7 seaters, Autos/Manuals, petrol/diesel, base/mid/top and even for all colours- there is a video review available. The only AWD video I came across is the launch drive one, which is too short to really comprehend anything.
That's indeed a valid point and it makes me wonder, why I haven't come across a video of AX7L Diesel Manual variant as well? It seems pretty peculiar for two luxury variants that were added at a later date on "customer request", i.e. AX7L Diesel Manual and AX7L AT AWD. Not even a single video of a XUV7OO with AX7L badging and Manual Transmission. Seems really odd, considering Auto Journos have been pushing out XUV7OO videos consistently, even after 2 months post launch.

Sadly, in case of AX7L MT, there wasn't even a single vehicle in the said configuration either at the launch drive event or in the Auto Journo's videos that have been published post launch.

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 13th December 2021 at 01:01.
Moto_Bear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 01:16   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by talha View Post
MicroSD card is installed near A-pillar on the left side.

The Front-Left scuff plate and A-piller cover will need to be removed to install the MicroSD card.
Attachment 2244548

The dealership was also provided with a special tiny machine to push the MicroSD card in its slot, but the person who installed it told me that he could easily do it directly without the tool.

Also, the dealer was only supplied with 32GB MicroSD cards by Mahindra, and since I needed larger storage, I requested him to enquire if larger capacity is supported (64 or 128GB).
He enquired at his end and told me that 32GB is the max storage supported.
However, I found no information regarding maximum capacity in the Owners manual or anywhere else I could search.

If anyone is able to use a larger than 32GB MicroSD capacity successfully, kindly update.
Thanks. I will visit the dealer this week for HSRP and ask him to install the micro sd card ( 128gb ). Hope it works. Will carry a backup 32gb card jic the 128gb isn't recognized
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 08:13   #3569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Thanks. I will visit the dealer this week for HSRP and ask him to install the micro sd card ( 128gb ). Hope it works. Will carry a backup 32gb card jic the 128gb isn't recognized
Quote:
Originally Posted by talha View Post
He enquired at his end and told me that 32GB is the max storage supported....
If someone is doing this - please format the SD card with FAT32 or primitive file system and use that card. 64GB should be supported IMHO. Its a BlackBerry QNX platform - the old tricks of using SD cards with those different file system formatting may work.
Old 13th December 2021, 09:12   #3570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Was eagerly awaiting the Key Fob, since it was Out of Stock on M2All website for so long. Finally ordered it last week and couldn't wait to get my hands on it; this was going to be my first "official accessory" of the XUV 700. Not even kidding, but the moment I opened the package, I was not just stunned, but wanted to really throw it directly into the bin! The only term that comes in my mind after seeing the alleged Key Fob: THIRD-CLASS.

What a severe disappointment, Mahindra! This literally feels like an item picked up from a street-vendor! Neither the brading is what it was claimed to be, nor is the new Mahindra logo even embossed properly (it's tilted!). For a pricing of 1,099/- including shipping, this is a cruel joke to say the least! The visual reference on the portal was a sleek and sophisticated product. Cheap doesn't even begin to describe this monstrosity!
Perhaps you can ask for a refund.

This says a lot about how much a company cares about quality. I’d say zero and I’m not surprised.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks