Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2022, 21:12   #5071
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
In your normal driving you will not panic brake in this case but still AEB kicks in, which means it is a design flaw.
The same would hold true for the AEB doing the same for objects in front of you. No matter if the object is moving in the same direction as your vehicle or perpendicular to it, the radar detects the distance from the car and engages the system. I don't know about the XUV 700 but there would normally be a setting between aggressive and mild to adjust this.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 21:36   #5072
BHPian

Hi folks
Finally went for 1st service today - have an AX7 manual diesel. Some notes. Any feedback or suggestions highly appreciated.
- Front suspension noise - over the 1200 kms, the thud sound has reduced quite a bit but still exists. The SA said they have further 'tightened the torque system'. Indeed the noise was reduced a bit further, but still not completely gone. Was also told they have consulted the M&M team and will let me know if they get any feeedback.
- Brake pedal noise - there is a play in the brake pedal which makes sound if foot is removed quickly with a jerk. In normal operation the sound is less but still there. Feedback from SA - this is common in all 700's and is a design aspect. Cant do anything.
- Horn - there is some intermittent static sound underlying the horn. Faint but present although comes only at random times. Again, feedback from SA - they tried with another XUV700 and its present in that model too. They have shared the feedback with M&M team on this one too!
- (this one is weird) - Slight faint bubble sound from the engine when foot is lifted from the accelerator at 40-50 kmph speed on 4th and 5th gear. SA was clueless on this one but acknowledged he could hear it. Again, no resolution on this.
- Steering wheel misalignment - tilted to the left, car also pulling to left. The poor guys tried to rectify it and messed it up a little more. Will have to take it back!

I have known these guys for 5 years so i know they are trying their best and not cutting any corners. My only conclusion is - this is a new car and the service teams will take time to master it and be able to rectify the minutest of the niggles, but even then i cant help tell myself that this car and its internals and everything are advanced for todays service centers and it will be a while before they can solve issues to customer's satisfaction, on their own without M&M team involvement.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd March 2022 at 04:46. Reason: Typos, more than 2 smileys
piyush1.a is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 23:58   #5073
Distinguished - BHPian

The 7OO was involved in a high speed crash somewhere near Kanyakumari, possibly last night or in the wee hours of today morning, by Andrew Jefferson.

Quote:
Witnessed a high speed accident between XUV700 and a bus... Kudos to Mahindra, passenger cell seems intact even after this high speed impact.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-1.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.jpg

One more crash, this time from Keeraikkadu road, Salem, TN, on 19th March.

Quote:
4 members travelling from Chennai to Yercaud (Salem) met with a accident when the car hit the side railing and turned upside down. All 4 members escaped with minor injuries.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-3.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd March 2022 at 00:10. Reason: added Salem.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 01:42   #5074
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Review-butterfly.jpg
"The Butterfly comes home". Got the delivery of AX7 L AT AWD today, completed ~150 Kms, well 105 was from my side as it was already at 55 kms. Running on MRF wanderers, feels noisy when compare to the Michelin tires that I have on the Brezza. Will be looking at changing them to Michelin Pilot Sport 4 soon and confused on the PPF or ceramic options since the butterfly is MB. The team at "Honnasiri Mahindra" were extremely focused on every detail and ensure that the butterfly was ready for the delivery. The experience has been enthralling so far.

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd March 2022 at 07:12. Reason: Minor clean up edits.
hemanthbs is offline   (12) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:13   #5075
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
since the butterfly is MB
Request: What is MB? Can we please type in full & proper English on Team-BHP, so that everyone understands what is being communicated? We must avoid coming up with unnecessary abbreviations. Nothing like a properly typed post using full words. Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:25   #5076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Request: What is MB? Can we please type in full & proper English on Team-BHP, so that everyone understands what is being communicated? We must avoid coming up with unnecessary abbreviations. Nothing like a properly typed post using full words. Thanks for the support & understanding
I think he is talking about the colour, Midnight Blue
bipinbn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:30   #5077
BHPian

Beast arrived finally...

Silver AX7 L AT Diesel

Booked : 10-OCT-2021
Estimated Delivery: June-18 to July-18

Earlier arrival is still a surprise.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-z1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-z2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220321-10.28.36-pm.jpeg  

motorhead123 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:17   #5078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
In my case they did not replace the canister though, but just drained it fully. They mentioned that they confirmed with Mahindra that flooding cannot damage canister.
Drove almost 1400km over the long weekend and it appears that the issue is resolved for good. I never filled full tank though; but stopped a few litres before.

During the drive which was mix of city and highway, I observed that the mileage is only ~9.5kmpl for my petrol AT, with AC on. I believe when the engine is mostly around 2000rpm, that's what one can expect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
there is some intermittent static sound underlying the horn. Faint but present although comes only at random times.
I had noticed this too except that I felt it is from behind the MID, somewhere on its bottom-left corner. I have vaguely correlated this to line keep assist or forward collision warning but have not gotten a chance to check after disabling it.
impala is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:44   #5079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Drove almost 1400km over the long weekend and it appears that the issue is resolved for good. I never filled full tank though; but stopped a few litres before.

During the drive which was mix of city and highway, I observed that the mileage is only ~9.5kmpl for my petrol AT, with AC on. I believe when the engine is mostly around 2000rpm, that's what one can expect!
Good to know that the issue hasn't resurfaced. After my canister was replaced, I had filled petrol 3 times and drove in almost similar conditions as before and the problem hasn't resurfaced.

I get around 10 in city with AC always on. In the recent highway run, got around 12 kmpl. Hearing that AT numbers are pretty close if not better, is encouraging.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 15:03   #5080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I have a question about the booking process. I have done the booking online but I did not receive any booking reference number or the booking receipt either as a sms or email. Shall I chase the dealer for this?
Use your mobile number with OTP on the XUV700 booking website
https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/...gs/my-bookings For me it took 4-5 days to get updated
W@SIM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 18:49   #5081
BHPian

I was informed by the dealer that my vehicle was billed on the 9th Mar and the delivery will happen in 4-5 days. Its been 14 days now and still no sign of the vehicle. After multiple followups, they informed today that the vehicle hasn't been shipped yet. I escalated to the Customer experience head and also spoke to the area sales manager and after multiple calls ( again), they informed that it will take one more week for the vehicle to arrive . At this point, i am not sure what else i can do other than waiting for it. Any pointers ??
Old 22nd March 2022, 18:56   #5082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
I think he is talking about the colour, Midnight Blue
Small correction - Midnight Black is the colour
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 21:56   #5083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead123 View Post
Beast arrived finally...

Silver AX7 L AT Diesel

Booked : 10-OCT-2021
Estimated Delivery: June-18 to July-18

Earlier arrival is still a surprise.
Congrats for your xuv700. I am wondering about my delivery date. I have booked on Oct 7th 11.30 am to be precise. AX5 D AT 7Seater. My delivery date is Aug/Sep 2022. Wondering about Mahindra delivery logic!!

Between I have opted for Silver. I have second thoughts for other colors say MB or white. After seeing your car, silver is kind of looking refreshing compared to current lot of midnight blue/black; Lot of them are on road. Silver which is typically normal color appearing unique now

Can you post more pictures?

Last edited by Podilam : 22nd March 2022 at 22:01.
Podilam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 09:34   #5084

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethedriver View Post
My adrenox app is not loading maps and it is throwing the following error.

"Device based hit management failed."

Has anybody seen this before?
Got it resolved after writing to apisupport@mapmyindia. They requested for my VIN. After a day, they asked me to check again. It worked. Now I'm able to see the map details of every trip.
Old 23rd March 2022, 09:47   #5085
BHPian

We finally welcomed home our silver beast AWD:

XUV700 Diesel AT Luxury Pack AWD, Dazzling Silver
  • Booked: 7th October 2021, 10:30am with the dealer
  • Estimated Delivery: 18-June-2022 to 18-July-2022
  • Delivered on: 20th March, 2022, 11:00am
  • ODO at time of PDI at the stockyard: 38kms
  • ODO at time of delivery: 48kms

Accessories:
  • 7D mats and Boot mat from Coozo (excellent quality)
  • Infotainment screen protector from Amazon
  • Planning to get mud flaps and SD card from dealer during 1st service

Overall, very impressed with Mahindra's pre and post-sales customer service so far.

This is the first diesel and AT car we got and I am still getting used to the way AT gearbox behaves at low speeds and holds onto 1st and 2nd gear longer than I would like. Didn't experience this during the test drives and was expecting more linear acceleration. As soon as I cross 35/40kmph, the acceleration is very smooth. Is this common in new car? Would love to get some comments from fellow XUV700 D AT owners and experts.

Here are few photos:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220320wa0066.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220320wa0045.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220320wa0040.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220320wa0029.jpg
techdarshan is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks