Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2022, 23:13   #4981

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

An issue has popped up on our roughly month old P AT AX7. About three weeks after the delivery, a guy from the showroom visited for a demo of the car, even though we knew pretty much everything there was to know, but regardless we took it. He got us to park in one spot to explain the features and stuff. He started to talk about the remote functionality and the AdrenoX app. At that time it wasn't working (stuck on the enabling device screen) so he wanted to reset Alexa for some reason so he tried logging out but it didn't work, multiple times we tried but it didn't work. He said the signal there mustn't be very good for Vi e-sim. So went to another spot, the log out worked, logged back in, Alexa was reset, the remote functions were working fine. We moved on to other stuff.

So a few days later, I notice that adrenoX isn't working at all. The 'last updated' shows the time we parked the car after the demo. Tried refreshing, but didn't work. The car is showing no signal bars on the e-sim. And this isn't in just one particular place. It isn't working anywhere.
Has anybody else encountered this issue? Any obvious solutions? Any not-so-obvious solutions? Should I contact the SA?
Old 14th March 2022, 09:33   #4982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
After days of following up and escalations with Mahindra , got the news last week that my vehicle is billed and will be delivered this week. Scampering to get my finances ready now.
Congrats Ram, glad to hear that you are all set to take your XUV home . Have you got any accessory pricing list from Anant cars? Would you mind sharing?

I just got a sms that my delivery has moved up a month to April now, keeping fingers crossed.

Last edited by Sandegov : 14th March 2022 at 09:34. Reason: Quote fixed
Old 14th March 2022, 09:52   #4983
BHPian

Quote:
After days of following up and escalations with Mahindra , got the news last week that my vehicle is billed and will be delivered this week. Scampering to get my finances ready now.

Was also looking for accessories and ppf/ceramic coating. Got a quote from Autoriz. As per them, the cheapest ppf coating will be 120000+ 18% GST (garware ppf- mine is a white car) and ceramic will be around 55000 +18% GST ( Ultra 9h) . I asked for a mix of ppf and ceramic and i got a quote for 85k + gst for ppf ( bonnet and fenders/bumpers) + ceramic other parts.Is this price good enough to go for ? or is it too much ?
Ceramic should not cost you more than 19K - 22K for 9H. That is the quote that I have in hand.

Garware PPF quote given to me is 110000 (Including GST). The roll itself costs around 84000. If purchased in bulk, it might cost maybe a little less than that. I personally opted for PPF as mine is midnight black.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 11:09   #4984
BHPian

Some observations using Remote Functionality in the Adrenox App

I have noticed that the car develops some bugs while remotely starting the car using the Adrenox app versus normally operating the car. If anyone else observe these please feel free to comment and here they are

1. When I normally start the car with the Stop Start Engine button, the Reverse parking sensors and the turn indicators function normally with sound. That is to say the turn indicators beep when I toggle them, and the reverse parking sensors also beep when I am backing up and close to any obstacle. This is all with the infotainment system turned off. But when I remotely start the car, the reverse parking sensors and the turn indicators function silently. Meaning that, when I am backing up, I cannot hear the sensors beeping indicating that there is an obstacle, but I can only see the sensor lines go from green to yellow to red. And the turn indicators do not beep at all. I need to turn on the infotainment system to get the sounds. That’s a bit strange I thought!

2. When I remotely start the engine, I choose the climate settings as well. But in spite of turning off the front and rear defroster, the Air con is on Auto (full blast of the blower) and with both front and rear defrosters engaged. Which results in the AC not cooling effectively. I have to go disengage the defrosters (either in the app or physically) for it to start cooling the cabin.

Anyone observe the same or different?

I will be giving the same feedback to the my Service Advisor. But tech team should look into make the app more user friendly.

For one I should be able to choose if I want the Air con turned on or not. And if I do, along with the temperature which it does allow, I should be able to choose the blower speed, defroster on or off, Rear AC on or off.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 12:37   #4985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
Ceramic should not cost you more than 19K - 22K for 9H. That is the quote that I have in hand.

Garware PPF quote given to me is 110000 (Including GST). The roll itself costs around 84000. If purchased in bulk, it might cost maybe a little less than that. I personally opted for PPF as mine is midnight black.
If possible can you share the quote( both ppf and ceramic), i will use it to speak to the people here and try and reduce their pricing
Old 14th March 2022, 13:49   #4986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Congrats Ram, glad to hear that you are all set to take your XUV home . Have you got any accessory pricing list from Anant cars? Would you mind sharing?

I just got a sms that my delivery has moved up a month to April now, keeping fingers crossed.

Here you go. Seems they don't have front sensors ( i was looking for it).

On another note, i was enquiring about ppf and ceramic coating and one of the dealers ( Plastidip) told that ppf is a strict no-go on white car and advised to go for ceramic only ( that too will be good for max 2 years). Is this correct ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220312-11.46.22.jpeg  

rambharat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 14:21   #4987
BHPian

Quote:

On another note, i was enquiring about ppf and ceramic coating and one of the dealers ( Plastidip) told that ppf is a strict no-go on white car and advised to go for ceramic only ( that too will be good for max 2 years). Is this correct ?
PPF is highly advised for dark colour. Ceramic for white is the right way to go.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 16:19   #4988
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you Ram

Personally - I am staying away from PPF/ceramic or any other treatments, factory paint should hold good going by our other cars that have aged well with time.
Old 14th March 2022, 17:03   #4989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Some observations using Remote Functionality in the Adrenox App
Sorry, I do not recall which variant of the car you have so some of my answers may not be exactly relevant, still want to give it a try from my experience of owning AX7L AT D. So please bear with me.

Quote:
1. When I normally start the car with the Stop Start Engine button, the Reverse parking sensors and the turn indicators function normally with sound. That is to say the turn indicators beep when I toggle them, and the reverse parking sensors also beep when I am backing up and close to any obstacle. This is all with the infotainment system turned off. But when I remotely start the car, the reverse parking sensors and the turn indicators function silently. Meaning that, when I am backing up, I cannot hear the sensors beeping indicating that there is an obstacle, but I can only see the sensor lines go from green to yellow to red. And the turn indicators do not beep at all. I need to turn on the infotainment system to get the sounds. That’s a bit strange I thought!
This is an interesting observation - I will try to see if I can reproduce this. Here is what I do - I actually stop the Radio and Music - never shut down the entire ICE. I need a lot of stuff from ICE like BT Phone calls, maps. Hence I don't power off the ICE using the IntelliControl knob. You can try this too.

Quote:
2. When I remotely start the engine, I choose the climate settings as well. But in spite of turning off the front and rear defroster, the Air con is on Auto (full blast of the blower) and with both front and rear defrosters engaged. Which results in the AC not cooling effectively. I have to go disengage the defrosters (either in the app or physically) for it to start cooling the cabin.
If the adrenox settings aren't allowing you to configure, try setting user profile on the ICE, Link it with your Adrenox App and it should then work fine. In the user profile, you can always set your desired climate settings and from your adrenox, that settings can be invoked on remote start/ stop etc.

Quote:
I will be giving the same feedback to the my Service Advisor. But tech team should look into make the app more user friendly.
In general, the app is good, and haven't had any issues except the vi network being patchy.
Old 14th March 2022, 18:52   #4990
BHPian

Someone at our office sure got lucky! That's an A7L. Amazing looking thing.
I parked the sibling right next to it.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1230.png

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1229.png
ashishk29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 19:52   #4991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Today my petrol automatic stalled when it was in crawling speed. I shifted to park and tried starting the engine. This is AX7 with push button start. It kept cranking and in 4-5 seconds I released the brake assuming the engine is not starting. But to my surprise, the moment I released the brakes, I could see the RPM display indicating that the engine is live.
Issue turned out to be same as what bhipan Mudhalaipatti faced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
somehow the canister, which is supposed to capture only vapour, had accumulated fuel, quite a bit.
I faced the vehicle switching off while accelerator is not depressed again today repeatedly and noticed lose of pickup too. The technicians at service center first thought it might be an ECU issue but noticed petrol smell and vehicle switching off again even after resetting ECU and suspected a leak somewhere. They couldn't detect a leak; meantime I looked up and found the post by bhipan Mudhalaipatti. Technician opened the canister, and voila, petrol spills out. Just like bhipan Mudhalaipatti had, I too had put full tank of petrol; and no 'top up' after the first auto-cutoff while filling.

PPS service center at Sullikunte has been patient and friendly on this issue so far and have assured a quick resolution. They need to go through Mahindra's tech team for resolution. Fingers crossed that my upcoming road trip and first vacation since the lockdown started won't be spoiled by a niggle! Anyways, this seems to be something that Mahindra need to find a resolution for ever.
impala is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 20:01   #4992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Issue turned out to be same as what bhipan Mudhalaipatti faced.

I faced the vehicle switching off while accelerator is not depressed again today repeatedly and noticed lose of pickup too. The technicians at service center first thought it might be an ECU issue but noticed petrol smell and vehicle switching off again even after resetting ECU and suspected a leak somewhere. They couldn't detect a leak; meantime I looked up and found the post by bhipan Mudhalaipatti. Technician opened the canister, and voila, petrol spills out. Just like bhipan Mudhalaipatti had, I too had put full tank of petrol; and no 'top up' after the first auto-cutoff while filling.
Thanks for sharing your experience. This is now almost confirmed. Mahindra better redesign their Evap setup, before some untoward incident happens with the XUV700.

When did you fill the tank and how many km had you driven, before this stalling happened. I'm sensing there's a pattern to this and wanted to confirm. Also I filled fuel today and wondering if I should expect the engine to stall. Driving on the edge !!

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 14th March 2022 at 20:20.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 21:21   #4993
BHPian

Silver AX7 L AT Diesel PDI done.

Estimated Delivery on Sunday, March-20th. So far so good with my Dealer SKS Automobiles, Salem TN
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.23.28-am.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.23.59-am.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.24.02-am.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.24.17-am-1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.24.17-am-2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.24.18-am-2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.24.20-am-2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.24.21-am-1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.24.20-am.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220314-7.24.22-am-2.jpeg  

motorhead123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 21:29   #4994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
When did you fill the tank and how many km had you driven, before this stalling happened. I'm sensing there's a pattern to this and wanted to confirm.
Thank you for documenting the diagnostics in detail; without that diagnostics for me would have taken much longer.

After full tank, I had a 3KM drive home. After that, I took the car out after 8 days and the car switched off after around 15km. Throughout this period, the car was parked under cover too; unlike the case you mentioned where the car was parked under hot sun. Till now, whenever I filled full tank, it was on a long road trip. It was the first time I parked long after filling the tank full.
Old 14th March 2022, 21:35   #4995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
So, after a long and thorough discussion in our family, we finalised the 7OO (variant, type & seating option) and I completed the online booking formalities earlier in the evening today.

Will discuss with my fam, look at the finances and decide.
Congratulations for booking this fabulous vehicle. You are really lucky to get the car so early.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks