Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2022, 07:40   #4891
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Thought more info shared by actual owners will be helpful for prospective buyers like me to finalise between diesel and petrol.
I have an AX7 Petrol MT. It hasn't been driven much (only 650km), so mileage will definitely improve in coming days. Currently mileage is ~9.5 kmpl in city and slightly increases to ~10 kmpl on the highway. Never seen it go beyond 10.5
Regarding performance, it is strong especially in the city. You can do high speeds without even realising it. Engine doesn't feel unresponsive and a surge of power is readily available.
NVH levels are also excellent and I believe it is the biggest advantage petrol has over diesel.

I do want to post an initial review myself but have been procrastinating on it for long
Old 4th March 2022, 09:55   #4892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avijayr View Post

Bad
1) middle row reclining has been removed
Middle row on XUV700 indeed has reclining feature. Have they removed it in the recent batches?
Old 4th March 2022, 10:04   #4893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Middle row on XUV700 indeed has reclining feature. Have they removed it in the recent batches?
Its only reclining for the portion that doesn't tumble to access the 3rd row seats. Unless I couldn't find it correctly.
Old 4th March 2022, 10:11   #4894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
If Iam not wrong, only the 7 seater variants ie AX 7 seaters/AX7 & above have the recline function. It’s a glaring omission in the lower variants.
Veelubai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 10:56   #4895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
If Iam not wrong, only the 7 seater variants ie AX 7 seaters/AX7 & above have the recline function. It’s a glaring omission in the lower variants.
Yes only 7 seater variants have reclining 2nd row seats. This was observed by other members in the past as well.

Cheers!

Edit: What about AX5 7 seater. Doesn’t the 2nd row recline in there?
Edit: Just saw the below video where you can see that the AX5 7 seater also has reclining 2nd row seats.

Last edited by Vashanis : 4th March 2022 at 11:09. Reason: Additional query
Old 4th March 2022, 14:23   #4896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzasch View Post
Thanks. It was supposed to be this week (after a lot of discussions!) but no update yet. I am not sure what is happening!

What is your current status? Any progress yet? Let me know if the twitter and email escalations work!

Have mailed him , awaiting a response ( hopefully). This is the first time i am going with Mahindra and the experience has been underwhelming ( to say the least). My last car was with Tata and the experience( 6 years) was far far better. Thinking if i made a mistake by choosing Mahindra.
Old 4th March 2022, 17:51   #4897
BHPian

Guys, when I took Blue Bolt to ASC for software updates today, they replaced D Pillar And Rear Bumper screws along with Tail Gate Striker Dampner. When i enquired the SA, did not get much info other than that Mahindra asked to replace it. Does anyone else also got this changed?
Old 4th March 2022, 19:35   #4898
BHPian

I am looking for a seven seater and XUV700 is high up in the list. Answers to these two questions will help my decision making. Requesting other members to pitch in:
1. What are the real world city and highway fuel efficiency numbers of the petrol AT?
2. My usage is less. My current Honda city is almost 11 years old and just touched 80K. Is it OK to go for diesel if the petrol fuel efficiency is very poor? Daily usage will be 4-5 kms in city. It will see 3-4 highway trips a year. Will I be hit by the DPF issues. Will it be more expensive to maintain.
Bh.P is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 21:01   #4899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I am looking for a seven seater and XUV700 is high up in the list. Answers to these two questions will help my decision making. Requesting other members to pitch in:
1. What are the real world city and highway fuel efficiency numbers of the petrol AT?
2. My usage is less. My current Honda city is almost 11 years old and just touched 80K. Is it OK to go for diesel if the petrol fuel efficiency is very poor? Daily usage will be 4-5 kms in city. It will see 3-4 highway trips a year. Will I be hit by the DPF issues. Will it be more expensive to maintain.
I wouldn't recommend diesel for such short city runs. Not only will you be plagued by DPF issues, but you will also not reap the full benefits of a diesel car.
normaltusker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 21:25   #4900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I wouldn't recommend diesel for such short city runs. Not only will you be plagued by DPF issues, but you will also not reap the full benefits of a diesel car.
Have customers started reporting DPF issues on XUV700 already? For buyers who are looking for AWD, unfortunately diesel is the only option. Does the car come with DPF regeneration button or only way to clear is what has been mentioned earlier about running ~60kmph for 20-30 minutes? For someone who will drive in city most of the time in traffic, you'll need to specially go to place to find an open patch
Old 4th March 2022, 22:34   #4901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Hi there I think I'm very close to your conditions

I just sold my 12 yr old Vista with 89k km running and booked XUV 700.

My runs are 6-7 km daily in city and occasional 2-3 highway trips per year. I know this pushes us to petrol mathematically, but I've booked a diesel.

While the daily city runs are ok, I don't want to calculate the fuel cost everytime I plan a longer trip and then wonder what a taxi would cost .
I believe more than maths, a person's psyche will decide if he'll get petrol or diesel.

My Vista (diesel) served me for more than a decade and i never had to think about going anywhere on long trips. I believe (with all due respect to those who differ) that when I have a diesel car, i plan more trips on my own (never have to worry about mileage and cost) and for me that is the whole purpose of having a car

I don't know what will be your decision, but just wanted to convey that my driving requirements are very close to yours and I've booked a diesel.
By the way I've read people reporting mileage in range of 7-13 for petrol and 8-18 for diesel

Anyways diesel or petrol, happy driving

Last edited by sudanmohit : 4th March 2022 at 22:38. Reason: Missed a sentence
sudanmohit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 23:53   #4902
BHPian

For the last 2 days, I have been noticing a lot too many XUV700 parked in the company stockyard without the front bumper. I believe the front bumper does not house any critical electronic component that might be in short supply due to the chip shortage. Not able to decipher what exactly might be the reason for the same. Any Mahindra insider in this forum can share their input.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 00:38   #4903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
too many XUV700 parked in the company stockyard without the front bumper. I believe the front bumper does not house any critical electronic component that might be in short supply due to the chip shortage.
The radar module goes under the name plate, so maybe it's that?
Old 5th March 2022, 06:43   #4904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post

By the way I've read people reporting mileage in range of 7-13 for petrol and 8-18 for diesel

Anyways diesel or petrol, happy driving
I drive a diesel automatic and I have got mileage of 12kmpl by tankful to tankful method. Only city driving after driving 700km.

I bought diesel due to perceived reliability of diesel from Mahindra.

Everyone will have their reasons.
p_darshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 08:20   #4905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Edit: Just saw the below video where you can see that the AX5 7 seater also has reclining 2nd row seats.

https://Youtu.be/aLUNygaX6J0
Yes, even here, you will only see one portion of the middle row is reclining - as I had stated earlier (not the full middle row)
avijayr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks