Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 20:55   #4741
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Today when I was driving down the Mumbai Pune expressway, I got a Hill Descent Control error. To clear the error, I parked the car on the hard shoulder and switched off the engine, waited for a minute. Started the car again and the error was no more.

Started driving down the expressway again and noticed that all ADAS options had reset. Lane assist was switched off. Smart Pilot was unchecked. Also, the drive mode has reset itself to Zap mode. I was driving in Zip mode when this happened. This was very strange. I activated all the options again and it started working as expected.

I tried checking the software version and it now shows 7.0.12. When it was last updated by the workshop during the first service it was 7.0.11.

I am unable to understand this issue. Has anyone else witnessed the OTA update of the software? Can someone who has 7.0.11 updated, please check and confirm if the software version in their car has automatically updated to 7.0.12?

This also raises many questions with regards to the reliability of tech-enabled cars where any such software update may brick the system while you are driving and can pose a big risk.

Planning to go to the service center tomorrow to understand this more. Will keep you all updated on this.

P.S. - Got a fantastic FE of 21KMPL as per the MID

Last edited by bill1182 : 21st February 2022 at 20:57.
bill1182 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 20:59   #4742

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I tried checking the software version and it now shows 7.0.12. When it was last updated by the workshop during the first service it was 7.0.11.
Can you tell me how to check the software version? I've not been able to figure it out
Old 21st February 2022, 21:17   #4743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrajks View Post
Can you tell me how to check the software version? I've not been able to figure it out
Keep selecting the settings cog icon 8 to 10 times and you will see a service menu. You can see the Software version in this menu.
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:16   #4744
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
This also raises many questions with regards to the reliability of tech-enabled cars where any such software update may brick the system while you are driving and can pose a big risk.
The bare minimum I expect from OTA updates is that they should occur only when car is switched off. But then, you could drive with one version of firmware to your highway dhaba stop, and drive away with another version.
Old 22nd February 2022, 11:49   #4745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post

The initial mileage reads 7.1 kmpl but I will wait for clear figures until the first service is done. Also, I had to drive through heavy traffic last night.
Would suggest that you shouldn't rely on what's shown on screen. Have you tried calculating manually using any method ? like Tank to Tank...

Moreover, it should increase after 10-12K KMs after services.
Old 22nd February 2022, 15:24   #4746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I checked the oil level for the first time today and found it high. SA didn't flag it during first service.
I took the car to service center as driving the car with oil an inch above the max mark is not good. SA mentioned that the excess oil I see is the oil that get smeared to the dip stick from the dip stick tube. I found this a bit strange as I never had this issue in my Baleno if the car was parked overnight. Anyway, SA showed that oil level is just right up to the max mark by cleaning and dipping the sitck multiple times; it was showing the right level on one side of the dipstick but the other side was showing higher. Anyone observed this issue with XUV700 or any other models? Looks like I failed the dipstick test!
Old 22nd February 2022, 15:35   #4747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I found this a bit strange as I never had this issue in my Baleno if the car was parked overnight.
This issue not so uncommon. Here's an old thread that talks of the same in other cars - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-dipstick.html (Flawed engine oil dipstick?)

I do not know if there is a reliable solution to it without doing something major to the stick / tube geometry.
hagarthenormal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 16:24   #4748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagarthenormal View Post
This issue not so uncommon. Here's an old thread that talks of the same in other cars
The gist of the thread quoted is nothing wrong with dipstick, just a simple case of overfilling the oil.
Good read nonetheless for best practices relating to oil changes and dipstick reading.
Stolidus500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 19:45   #4749
BHPian

Has anybody in Mumbai who booked their car (AX7L D AT) on the 8th of October, received it? Looking at the rate of deliveries recently, I'm starting to think that the Oct/Nov '22 timeline given to me seems rather late (I've booked a Midnight Black AX7L D AT).

Last edited by CapKoura : 22nd February 2022 at 19:47.
Old 22nd February 2022, 21:15   #4750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
Has anybody in Mumbai who booked their car (AX7L D AT) on the 8th of October, received it? Looking at the rate of deliveries recently, I'm starting to think that the Oct/Nov '22 timeline given to me seems rather late (I've booked a Midnight Black AX7L D AT).

I have booked an AX3 D MT 7 str, Midnight black on 8 Oct, and received a timeline of Aug-Sep'22 for delivery. But looking at some of the other deliveries, am hoping this will get pulled forward as well. Really keen to do some long distance trips before mid of this year! Maybe someone on this forum can suggest probability of timeline being pulled forward.
ayushg11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 22:40   #4751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushg11 View Post
Maybe someone on this forum can suggest probability of timeline being pulled forward.
Given the booking backlog, I would not place too much hope on this. When I went to look at the car this weekend, the sales person said that the waiting period for AX5 Petrol AT was around 5 months, but he can try to arrange for something in 3 months. I took it with a pinch of sales-talk salt, though. From a peace of mind perspective, I would say, it is best to assume that the initial date given to you is the earliest possible and expect further delays. Because estimates are just that.
Old 22nd February 2022, 22:46   #4752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Would suggest that you shouldn't rely on what's shown on screen. Have you tried calculating manually using any method ? like Tank to Tank...

Moreover, it should increase after 10-12K KMs after services.
Yes. Tried that too. It’s around 9-9.5 kmpl inside the city. This is after 1200 kms
Enthusiast81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 00:37   #4753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
For some weird reason, my app does not show the Trip summary at all in the drop down and having checked the App Store see no updates available. Not sure what can make it be different in the same iOS platform.
Someone from Mahindra called me regarding a review I had in Play Store about the app. I asked about the average mileage display on the app. He clarified that it is part of the Ecosense feature that's present only for manual variants; which takes clutch usage into consideration. Enthusiast81 owns a manual variant.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:22   #4754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
Zeus completed the first service. First service cost is Rs 235/- They charged only for the consumables.
Congrats on you purchase. Wishing you happy miles. Btw, when you say first service, is it the first service at 1000 km or the service at 10,000 km. The first service is completely free, as there's nothing to be changed. Perhaps just a software update. Or was this Rs.235 part of the OVRM paintwork ?
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:40   #4755
BHPian

Test drove a petrol automatic XUV700 last Friday. Was pretty impressed. The first and second rows are extremely comfortable. The third row is good enough for the hieght of my family members.

That said, the boot space is non existent. We can manage this when we are 6 of us by folding one seat. But on the rare occasions when we are 7, we need a solution.

Though there have been some discussions related to roof carrier, could not find anything conclusive. Does anyone know for sure if the variants with sunroof can accommodate a roof carrier? The sales person said they do not have an official accessory, but it can be done outside. I wonder why they said that. Will it cause issues and hence they do not want an official accessory for that?

Also, the sales person orally said the delivery time is 6-7 months, but her whats app message says 14 months. I will have to keep the latter in mind I guess.

Last edited by Bh.P : 23rd February 2022 at 09:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks