Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2022, 12:57   #4831
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
My experience with Lane Keep Assist

I find the technology completely useless for India. The way vehicles run on Indian roads, this technology only increases chances of an accident...

eastern peripheral expressway and used this feature. There were many vehicles running in the middle of lane marking even on an open road...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
It is important to understand the limitations of any advanced tech,

Know when to use it and you’ll realize it’s importance.
Horses for courses or as in this case Technology for Traffic.

I side with Tanmay007 on this. I have used Adaptive Cruise Control on Gloster and I love the feature. However, its useful only on expressways where majority other users drive with discipline (eg. in my experience Yamuna Expressway / Agra-Lucknow expressway). However, on other highways & expressways, ACC becomes pain as it brakes frequently to 'avoid' the lane cutters. So, I switch it off. Same goes with Blind Spot Detection warning.

Another is Automatic Parking assist. At current calibration, it simply refuses to park in spaces where I can park easily on my own. I works ok when parking space is big enough to accommodate one and half vehicle sideways.

ADAS is new in India, as the time goes and penetration increases, OEMs will have more data on local conditions and improve the system.
AutoNoob is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 16:37   #4832

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
We are also a family of 6, I own a XUV500 and I was debating if we can convert the Driver side third row seat in some kind of a luggage hold it would provide a good amount of space. 2 people in the first row, 3 in the middle and one at the back. I even figured out how to remove that third row seat. I am looking for some sort of strong netting and some hooks which will keep the luggage from falling to the passenger side on turns etc. Would welcome suggestions if some lone has tried this, the same solution can be applied to the 700. Thanks
The 3rd row seats of my xuv700 fold flat, so for the solution you are looking at i will not have to remove the seat completely.

Do let me know if you find any such net and hooks solution. Thankyou in advance!!
Old 28th February 2022, 17:21   #4833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
However, out of the 5 times AEB has automatically applied brakes, I felt 4 times it was not at all needed. In one case I was driving on an open flyover and the vehicle applied brakes automatically. Thankfully no one was coming from behind. In yet another case, there was a lady walking way outside the left range of the vehicle and it applied brakes. In the other cases also, it was due to motorbikes/ vehicles cutting in or pedestrians crossing when the vehicle was dead slow. I felt it was not needed.
It is these experiences that puts me out of opting for advanced electronics in cars. Such advanced features will be more in future cars and I think Govt should come out with a legal Angle too towards any possible mishaps that are not attributed to the driver. How do you prove is a big complication. Intereting to hear from others too
Old 28th February 2022, 17:24   #4834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post
The 3rd row seats of my xuv700 fold flat, so for the solution you are looking at i will not have to remove the seat completely.

Do let me know if you find any such net and hooks solution. Thankyou in advance!!
Actually as suggested by Mudhalaipatti in Post no. 4803, there appears to be no need to remove one seat. Do not fold the third row seats and just insert some thin (5-8 mm) ply between the two seats as shown in the photo for my XUV500. This will act as a barrier between the two seats and will prevent the luggage on the right seat to move to the left. In the photo I have used a small piece of ply wood lying around; the actual size would be around 33" x 34" I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-seat-partition.jpeg  

Old 28th February 2022, 17:37   #4835
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer and he informed that the Android Auto update has been released for XUV700. Probably I will leave the vehicle tomorrow to get the update done

Last edited by Enthusiast81 : 28th February 2022 at 17:50.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 18:22   #4836
BHPian

Just got my XUV's software updated today. Android auto is enabled now. Apple CarPlay will take some more time.
Seems like games are available too as seen in the Punch.

P.S. Sorry for poor quality pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220228_180916.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220228wa0002.jpg  

quantobigboot is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 18:52   #4837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
Just got my XUV's software updated today. Android auto is enabled now. Apple CarPlay will take some more time.

That's great. What is the software version after the update?
Old 28th February 2022, 18:54   #4838
BHPian

Good news for Android Auto users! Android Auto is now available to be activated.
He asks that you take appointment before landing up there.

Video below by Jojo Wheelie!

Awaiting Apple CarPlay!
Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 18:58   #4839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post

Thanks for the info. Great news ! I was waiting for this update to take my Blue Bolt for software update as it is still having 6.XX version
Old 28th February 2022, 20:09   #4840
BHPian

Hey guys

My dad just got his XUV700 a couple of days back. It is the first AT car in our house, and consequently we are a little clueless about the same. I had the chance to drive it for a little while. However, in the initial gears I was experiencing an unusual lag in the gear upshift. I read up the owners' manual and it says that the system is auto - calibrating and takes a few hundred kilometers to adjust. But I am confused if it should be like this. Should I be worried or am I just being paranoid?

Also, a side question if anyone has a clue about this. Are we allowed to login to only phone on the AdrenoX app at a time, or can we use it simultaneously on more than one phones? I am constantly being logged out of the app with the error - "Session Timed Out".
Old 28th February 2022, 20:22   #4841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
That's great. What is the software version after the update?
It updated from version 6.XX... to 7.XX...
A much more detailed review is given by bhpian Mudhalaipatti here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5266829 (Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review)
Old 1st March 2022, 11:47   #4842
BHPian

Guys, noticed rusting in the driver side door hinge bolt of my XUV700 today. Pls advise if this should be of immediate concern, or can be looked at or replaced in regular service in few months. Car is 3 months old now.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220301_075024.jpg  

nasir88 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 13:17   #4843
BHPian

A quick question for all those who have received the Android Auto update, will the navigation in google maps come in the instrument cluster or will it only be there on the infotainment screen?
Old 1st March 2022, 13:35   #4844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Any suggestions ? Customer care is also not responding . Is there a way to reach higher ups ?
You can reach out to Anand Mahindra, velu_mahindra, rajesh664 and anishshah21 in twitter.
Hope you will definitely get a response.
Old 1st March 2022, 13:42   #4845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
A quick question for all those who have received the Android Auto update, will the navigation in google maps come in the instrument cluster or will it only be there on the infotainment screen?
Only the directions to the next turn. Not the entire map

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks