Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 21:09   #4951
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
This is a bummer. Wondering if this is applicable for the ones who have booked in Oct'21 or only booking done recently. By the time we get the car delivered, what else is going to go off is the question.

Bro,

I am honestly torn at this point. The Sales Advisor from my Dealership advised the car is arriving at their yard on Friday, March-11th and Pre-Delivery inspection can be performed on Friday or Saturday.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I am sure I am anxious to check whats missing rather than whats there.

I have this in my list for PDI which I will be grilling the dealer:

1. Single Key vs Double
2. Missing Sequential Indicators
3. What else? May be tires, steering and brakes?

At this rate, by the time you get your car delivered, you need to check if the car is there or not, just kidding

Last edited by motorhead123 : 9th March 2022 at 21:15. Reason: grammar
motorhead123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 23:12   #4952
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 wins the Indian Car of The Year 2022 award.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220309_230903.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220309_230911.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220309_230914.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220309_231327.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th March 2022 at 23:15.
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 06:43   #4953
BHPian

I think the issue with "missing features" like Sequential tail lights is being exaggerated. When they're committed to replace them with the sequential unit once available, then what's the big deal?

I understand the single key is going to be a little hassle for 6-8 months till they get the chip shortage sorted, but surely not worthy of passing snide comments.

Lets cut them some slack & continue with constructive discussions.
WorkingGuru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 06:58   #4954
BHPian

Very bad experience with India Garage, Whitefield branch.

A person by name Santhosh supposed to be a "Works Manager" had created a whatsapp group "We Care for Mr..." and I shared couple of information on how deliveries are biased and skewed towards newer customers and not the one who booked on 7th Oct 2021. On this without any explanation I was abruptly removed by him and when I sent a message asking him why was I removed from the group, he has blocked me on whatsapp. Such high handedness by Santhosh from India Garage.

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2022 at 07:46. Reason: Not a good idea to share someone else's cell number on a public forum
benroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 09:25   #4955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I think the issue with "missing features" like Sequential tail lights is being exaggerated. When they're committed to replace them with the sequential unit once available, then what's the big deal?

I understand the single key is going to be a little hassle for 6-8 months till they get the chip shortage sorted, but surely not worthy of passing snide comments.

I don't see anything wrong in people wanting the entire package together rather than go back to retrofit things which were supposed to be there in the car in the first place. Also not all dealers/service centers may do the work in the right way causing unnecessary hardships to owners.

But I do understand & appreciate the manufacturer in trying to prioritize the deliveries.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 09:37   #4956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to share a small incident.

Nov 2019, I bought a new Seltos diesel mid variant. Back then, this new kid on the block was hot in demand and garnered a lot of attention.

We were driving a day old car and stopped at a fuel bunk in Rajahmundry to refuel. The pump attendent was very keen to get a peek into our car. He asked us about the sunroof, the lane change cameras, air purifier and more, none of which was available in our variant. He was disappointed but gave us a weak smile and started refueling our car.

Even to this day, my wife hasn't forgotten this incident although it was fun for me. Had I bought the top variant and yet, not got such features, I wouldn't have been a happy man that day.

PS: This is not a stray incident. Few days later, we encountered another curious pump attendent at Shell, Bangalore. And more curious friends and family. But my wife was prepared by then.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th March 2022 at 10:05.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 16:51   #4957

Booked AX7 P AT on Jan 1st week. From the portal, delivery date was showing as June 2023. But to my surprise, I got the call from the dealership (Zulaikha Motors), on whether I would be interested in taking delivery of the car as the previous booking for that car got cancelled. Looks like, I was the next in the queue for this model. I said yes and requested that PDI to be arranged. Sales Executive did an excellent job in keeping me updated on status. During PDI confirmed chassis # (& that it was Feb 22 manufactured vehicle) and no major issues. At the time of PDI, car has run only 32 km.

After PDI, it was a smooth process and took the vehicle delivery yesterday. Overall, a very good experience from booking to delivery.

Will post a detailed review after I complete a long trip.

One question:
I requested for latest software version to be updated before delivery. But I find Android auto is still not enabled. How to check the software version? I tried navigating but couldn't locate it.

Thanks.
joethedriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 17:55   #4958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethedriver View Post
How to check the software version?
Tap the settings icon 8-10 times and you will see a service menu.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 23:20   #4959
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think its that simple and straight forward, if you see they are non committal on the availability or any kind of estimated time for the tail lights. By the time chip shortage is over there will be a design overhaul.

Quote:

Something similar had happened with Tata nexon bookings earlier last year, I personally know few friends who are still struggling to get a spare remote key.

The irony is I'm not sure if there is any legal way or otherwise that we customers can challenge it.

Last edited by Monty1 : 10th March 2022 at 23:21. Reason: Quote check
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 05:02   #4960

Quote:

Though a very new member, I agree 100%
Old 11th March 2022, 11:37   #4961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Glad to know that I'm not the only one facing the issue. And also, I remember as well reading ram87pune's post regarding the suspension noise. I wonder if it's because of that? If that's the case, Mahindra has issued a fix already as per him for next batch. But, I wonder if we need to get the same done as well at dealer level, and also whether Mahindra would issue an advisory for the same.

Will be visiting the city tomorrow for some work so I guess I'll get the Android Auto patch as well as apprise the Service Centre folks about this. Will update the thread if I am able to get any updates on the same.
Hi @wadewilson, any luck on your discussion with the service center on the suspension sound. When I spoke to my M&M service manager he says this is a "operational noise" which I disagree.
Old 11th March 2022, 22:09   #4962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
Hi @wadewilson, any luck on your discussion with the service center on the suspension sound. When I spoke to my M&M service manager he says this is a "operational noise" which I disagree.
Hiya Mahesh, I was about to write a post on the same but since I didn't have anything substantial to write about, I refrained from doing so. Anyway, so the suspension noise that was there seemingly disappeared on the 250+ kms ride to the city. There was road widening going on (4 laned road in my district finally) for a stretch of 60kms and I had to drive the car slow in some areas which had become potholed and a bit fast in some areas which had become one-laned.

Throughout the drive, there was literally no suspension noise from the front or the rear. When I reached the proper 4 laned roads, I tested the same but the noise remained absent. I didn't ask the service folk at Mahindra because of the same. I simply told them to install the update, installed the mud flaps which finally arrived, completed some other work in the city and returned back home. On the drive back as well, in the city and on the highway, I tried to emulate the same but there was no noise - which left me confused.

Though there appeared to be some noise which came from the front passenger door - like something had come a bit loose - a very small creaking noise but one present nonetheless. I'm now worried if the same sound will disappear by the time I drive to the service centre again.

Regarding the Android Auto update, since I use only Carplay in my Creta, it was a bit confusing but I managed to set up Android Auto and while it's not as intuitive as Carplay, in my humble opinion, I feel it does the job. Though Android Auto seems to lag for some reason while using it wirelessly and the screen also froze a few times since - The Mahindra Infotainment didn't freeze but rather the Android Auto interface Anyway, attaching a few pics I took of the software update that took place.

Would also like to write a bit about the update process and a few miscellaneous things related to the same - First, they installed the update through a USB stick. Upon enquiring whether there was different software for the different models, the technician confirmed the same. He assured me that he was installing the proper version which was for AX7L Diesel. After installing the software, he calibrated the same using a proprietary flashing software by plugging into the OBD port. When asked why they couldn't just send the file, the technician said the file size was quite big - a few Gigabytes in size and since incomplete downloads or even corrupted downloads due to patchy internet may damage the system, they wanted to get the update done at the service centre itself. Plus, the calibration also was to be done by a proprietary flashing software. I sat through the entire process which didn't take more than 20 mins or thereabouts.

The car is working fine post update and we've crossed 2000kms now
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220308_164050.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220308_170243.jpg  

Last edited by libranof1987 : 11th April 2022 at 15:41. Reason: Two smileys/post
wadewilson is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 07:07   #4963

Quote:
Originally Posted by avijayr View Post

hi @veelubai, I had originally thought of posting my buying and post-buying experience. But, became hesitant with the excellent write-ups provided by @Mudhalaipatti and some of the others.

I can try to jot down specific points though:

Bad
1) middle row reclining has been removed
3) no vanity mirror light
4) no trunk light
I finally got the chance to install both the LED lights (one for the missing vanity mirror light, and one for the trunk).
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220310225754.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220310225820.jpg

Both of these are quite bright, the protrusion/thickness is manageable, and the outer casing can be removed (carefully such that the 3M sticky tape doesn't peel off from the roof) to be able to charge via USB (not type C).

The other update that I had was that I finally removed the polythene coverings, and was able to successfully verify a previously incorrect statement that I had made: Both portions of the middle row allow reclining! I am a happy customer with regards to this!

Finally, I had ordered a seatback organizer, which also came a couple of days ago. But, trying to get this fixed was not a good experience. The elastic that fixes at half height doesn't work well due to the captain's bucket seat form. So, I'll have to find other models that might fit the need.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th March 2022 at 08:07. Reason: Trimming quoted text.
avijayr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 10:07   #4964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avijayr View Post
I finally got the chance to install both the LED lights (one for the missing vanity mirror light, and one for the trunk).
Hi,

Can you please there the link/product info of the trunk light solution? I've been looking for something similar as well, and will order the same if you are happy with the performance. TIA!
Old 12th March 2022, 10:36   #4965

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Hi,

Can you please there the link/product info of the trunk light solution? I've been looking for something similar as well, and will order the same if you are happy with the performance. TIA!
I thought I had shared this link earlier: https://www.amazon.in/QAWACHH-Touch-...09LD6YMSZ&th=1

(IF the link is not showing up, here's the title of the specific product: "
QAWACHH 6 Led Touch Light for Every Dark Place Home/Car/Kitchen/etc."
avijayr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks