Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 11:18   #5701
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Do you have Mahindra genuine side steps installed or after market ones? Side steps from Mahindra are costly, but they are very sleek. After market ones although cheaper, take away a considerable amount of GC.
Mine is an after market one. It has taken away at least 10 mm clearance
Old 6th June 2022, 17:55   #5702
BHPian

How does personalised safety message work?
I recorded the voice message and set the speed limit to 80 kmph in Adrenox. However when I crossed 80 in the next trip, crossed 100 kmph, it wasn't trgiggered. But after crossing 80 when I dropped speed below 80, it was triggered.

Ideally it should trigger immediately after I cross 80 kmph? Or network delay is at play here?

Last edited by StepUP! : 6th June 2022 at 17:56.
Old 6th June 2022, 18:37   #5703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
Why auto unlock the car when ignition is turned off ? This could have been programmed with the opening of the driver's door ( or any door ) from inside.
There is an option in the infotainment 'Vehicle Settings' which says 'If you enable this, only driver door will be unlocked'. I have this enabled but it does not make any difference. All door unlock when I switch-off engine, use the unlock button or the door lock on the driver door. Does anyone know what this setting is supposed to do? I cannot find the same in manual too.
Old 6th June 2022, 19:17   #5704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
Why auto unlock the car when ignition is turned off ? This could have been programmed with the opening of the driver's door ( or any door ) from inside.
This is how it is for automatic cars I suppose. Although I believe the car needs to be in P for it to auto-unlock doors. Even my CVT Honda City auto-unlocks on ignition off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
There is an option in the infotainment 'Vehicle Settings' which says 'If you enable this, only driver door will be unlocked'. I have this enabled but it does not make any difference.
That option only refers to unlocking the car from outside using the remote. When you press unlock once, only driver side door will unlock. When you press it again all door handles pop-out.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 22:43   #5705
BHPian

With no signs of my AX7L AWD delivery and the dealership also pushing the CPD dates further at each tentative billing date - i wonder if it makes any sense to reach out to the Mahindra salespersons covering Mumbai / Maharashtra for some credible inputs. Not sure if the email IDs of the Mahindra sales managers were shared earlier on the forum, but any leads shall be very helpful. The website too refuses to budge from the Order under Planning for over a month ...
Old 7th June 2022, 00:04   #5706
BHPian

01st Update for my MX Diesel.

Have completed 1200 kms in 20 days. The car went for the first service last week. So far the experience driving this car has been very good. The car is indeed a looker and catches attention wherever it goes. But, Midnight Black is a maintenance heavy colour. I had to spend one complete Sunday morning applying Turtle Wax Graphene infused Max Wax. The results were remarkable with high gloss and slickness. Cleaning off dust has become much simpler after the application. I have also got 3m PPF fixed on door sills, door edges and door handles which costed Rs 2800.

FE has improved over the time. I got average FE of 16kmpl with Tank to Tank method. I am a sedate driver and I always drive with AC on 100% time(in Econ mode). As of now I am getting 17-17.5kmpl on Ecosense app, consistently. I will be extremely satisfied if I continue to get this FE .

Now, coming to the service experience. I got my car serviced at Sahyadri Motors, Wakad. I had fixed appointment using the Mahindra app however I did not receive any confirmation call from the service centre, this is complete opposite to my experience with MS wherein the service centre always used to call in to confirm the appointment.

I had highlighted a small niggle in my previous post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVector View Post

One minor niggle observed so far is feeble noise from the left rear brake everytime brakes are engaged at slow speed. Will get this checked out at service centre shortly.
My observation has been that the suspension almost always make hollow sound when passing over uneven surfaces at speeds of 20-25 kmph or braking at slow speeds. While this is not irritating and noticeable only on roads with very minimal traffic I wanted to get it checked during the first service.The SA shared that the sound is due to short travel of the suspension and that they will try to fix by tightening the setup. However, I feel that the issue is not resolved even after the service. On the contrary the noise has increased a bit. I have informed the SA about this and will currently hold for some more time to see if the problem persists before visiting the service centre. So, may be M&M is aware of the issue and the likely cause but does not have a solution to fix this problem currently. Hopefully, we should soon get a fix for this. As of now the best solution is to switch on the music, enjoy the ride and ignore the mild thuds .

Other important point to share is that the gearbox has smoothened a bit after the first service with occasional roughness while slotting to first gear.

Jaihind!
StarVector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 07:07   #5707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
With no signs of my AX7L AWD delivery and the dealership also pushing the CPD dates further at each tentative billing date - i wonder if it makes any sense to reach out to the Mahindra salespersons covering Mumbai / Maharashtra for some credible inputs. Not sure if the email IDs of the Mahindra sales managers were shared earlier on the forum, but any leads shall be very helpful. The website too refuses to budge from the Order under Planning for over a month ...
Seems to be the case with many AWD bookings, atleast the ones with price protection - my billing date is being postponed every other week since promised delivery date of Apr 1st week, the latest being may end to June 2nd week to now June 3rd week. Every time I call it’s a new date! My dealer Anant Cars has completely put the blame on Mahindra and doesn’t even bother to update me on any date changes nor help with escalation at Mahindra end.

Please pass on any mahindra contacts that you manage to get and I’ll do the same. Can’t wait to put an end to this saga, my third emi is going to get paid in 2 days and it’s frustrating to see no sight of delivery yet
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 11:43   #5708
BHPian

Just came back from Week long tour covering 3 states and 4000 KM. My Diego lives up to its name and is a beast on the road.

Did the Bangalore-Mangalore-Udupi-Bangalore trip firstcovering 1000 km+. Got to drive it in the bad ghat roads of Sakleshpur and with continuous rain, tested the vehicle to its limit.

Did the Bangalore- Vizag- Puri-Konark-Chilika-Bhubaneshwar-Vizag-Bangalore trip next covering 3000 + Kms. My entire family is blown away by the vehicle and the way it drives. Few observations:

1) No issues whatsoever with the mechanics. The Vehicle performed brilliantly throughout the trip. I was able to do Bangalore-Vizag nonstop trip in 15 hrs( single day) and still i dint feel fatigued.
2) No thudding noise experienced throughout the trip.
3) ACC is a boon on highways. Haven't used normal cruise control before, but i feel ACC is a must have feature. The only thing you need to make sure is that when the vehicle breaks itself,you have sufficient distance between you and the vehicle behind you.
4) Auto headlamps are a boon. But miss the hi beam mainly on highways during low visibility times. Corner lamps,low beam are very good, but we should have the option to turn on the hi beam when we need it ( and not when the vehicle feels it).
5) Had two instances of the OTA updates happening. Not sure if they were successful but the ORVM's don't close/open automatically now.Will get it checked at the service center.
6) DEF is at 50% now. I think its time for a visit to the service center for DEF top up.
7) The biggest issue i face is when i connect via Bluetooth and play songs via the Gaana/Amazon app. Every now and then the songs stop ( mainly when the vehicle is stopped/started) even though the bluetooth is connected, i still cannot play the songs. Only way is to connect via cable to Android auto post which i miss the normal navigation screen and other dashboard features ( android auto doesn't allow you to go back unless you press the drive mode or 360 degree camera button).
8) On ease of driving, i can give 110/100 to this vehicle. Its so easy to drive,handle and maneuver in the traffic. The only worry is keeping it below the 120 speed limit.
9) I got a mileage of 13-14 KMPL during the entire trip. Speed was around 100-120 on highways and random inside the city. Crossed 140 multiple times during the trip.
10) Keeping the vehicle in a constant speed increases the mileage considerably. More so when you keep it in the 80 range. i got around 16 from Tirupati to bangalore drive by keeping it in 70-80 range. Taking it above 120 decreases the mileage considerably.
11) Side steps ( i got after market ones) are a big help in keeping bikers from getting too close. The only issue is that they will hit the road when going on uneven speed breakers ( mainly in Bangalore).
12) Got some minor glitches on hill hold control,TPMS, Traction control etc, all of which went way when the vehicle was stopped/started.Dint face the loss of power issue which i reported in my previous posts.

All in All very happy with the vehicle till now.Had multiple instances of people coming to take photos and enquire about it. Felt like a superstar Mine is an AX7L AWD white.ODO shows 6500 kmS now.
rambharat is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 12:24   #5709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Seems to be the case with many AWD bookings, atleast the ones with price protection - my billing date is being postponed every other week since promised delivery date of Apr 1st week, the latest being may end to June 2nd week to now June 3rd week. Every time I call it’s a new date! My dealer Anant Cars has completely put the blame on Mahindra and doesn’t even bother to update me on any date changes nor help with escalation at Mahindra end.

Please pass on any mahindra contacts that you manage to get and I’ll do the same. Can’t wait to put an end to this saga, my third emi is going to get paid in 2 days and it’s frustrating to see no sight of delivery yet
Yet to manage any meaningful contact within M&M. Am now in half a mind to book the Safari and then take delivery of whichever vehicle comes first. This endless wait, and then random postponement of CPD dates is not helpful. I wonder what the sanctity of a CPD date is, when M&M can push it out at their own free will. If anything, does make a bit of a mockery of their operations management....
Old 7th June 2022, 12:59   #5710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
I have a quick query, anyone who has reveived dwlivery without the 2nd key fob and the sequential indicator, have they started getting them from Mahindra
I have heard few people not getting the second key and the rear sequential indicator and they are being made to sign a declaration with the dealer.

Just curious to know how many chips is M&M saving by depriving its customers of such basic things which costs more than 20 Lakhs.
Old 7th June 2022, 14:35   #5711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
7) The biggest issue i face is when i connect via Bluetooth and play songs via the Gaana/Amazon app. Every now and then the songs stop ( mainly when the vehicle is stopped/started) even though the bluetooth is connected, i still cannot play the songs. Only way is to connect via cable to Android auto post which i miss the normal navigation screen and other dashboard features ( android auto doesn't allow you to go back unless you press the drive mode or 360 degree camera button).
Thanks for sharing your experience. In Android auto, you can see Mahindra app. Once you click on that, it will bring you back in the normal screen. Check if it helps.
Old 7th June 2022, 14:41   #5712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
all of sudden while coming back from Pune, the car lost eSIM network at around 6pm, its 6 hours since and the network is still gone. No in-built user accessible way to diagnose the issue. No eSIM network means none of the connected car features work.

I’ll be taking the car for the first service this week and hopefully they’ll resolve this network issue.
Completed first service today. The eSIM no network issue got fixed by disconnecting the battery terminal for 5 minutes and putting it back. Funny how a restart is the universal fix for any electronics.

They also flashed the system to the latest version. Attaching pic of the latest software version below:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220607-2.38.01-pm.png
(You can reach this screen by tapping the settings button multiple times)
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 17:57   #5713

Hi Nikhil.. Can you share link of Amazon product that you bought for number plate frame set and screen guard (with cutout)? I was not able to find online. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Speaking about myself here: I ordered the screen guard for my AX7 from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. Got this for just 799/- as opposed to 1,800/- quoted by the Dealer. Also ordered a number plate frame set from Flipkart for just 199/- as opposed to 750/- quoted by the Dealer. Quality of both seems spot-on and came in a well-packaged box. Read through the reviews and made an informed decision. Rest of the car accessories ordered via the dealer itself. Awaiting delivery of the car though, revised date shared by Mahindra is 20th December. Fingers crossed

The small accessories can be easily ordered via Amazon/Flipkart etc, since you can just send it back if you don't like it. Hassle-free really.
Old 7th June 2022, 20:19   #5714

Hi All, My car AX7L Diesel Auto model is showing under planning for last 20 days now. I called customer care a few times, but they ask to contact the dealer. I have been following up the dealers and they keep saying that it will billed in a day or two for past 10 days. Literally frustrated now. Can someone guide me if what is the process to escalate.
Old 7th June 2022, 21:16   #5715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
Write to kharga . asha @ mahindra . com.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th June 2022 at 22:02. Reason: Spaced out the email address. Thanks.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks