Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2022, 12:48   #5821
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Follow instructions on this. Some of the screenshots may vary. Once set up, in the Alexa app, tap to speak and start with “Ask Mahindra to…..”

Hope it helps.
Cheers!
Thanks a lot, will try and revert.
Old 19th June 2022, 13:36   #5822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
I have already paid 3 EMI trusting on their Apr date.
You should never ever pay a single penny without first seeing the vehicle in person and doing a thorough PDI yourself. It’s surprising that the dealer took money from you even before car allotment, I’m pretty sure this is against Mahindra’s SOP. Please email higher-ups in Mahindra (you can find their emails in this thread) and tell them your case.

Dealerships in Mumbai or at least my dealer (Salasar Autocrafts) was just wonderful. Never pressured for any payment, was more than happy to let me do PDI at stockyard, no push for accessories or insurance, even handling charges practice has been stopped.

On a side-note, is your booking an AWD model? If it is then I’m afraid you have no option but to wait as most AWD deliveries are being delayed. There seems to be severe component shortage issue with those.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 14:35   #5823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
You should never ever pay a single penny without first seeing the vehicle in person and doing a thorough PDI yourself. It’s surprising that the dealer took money from you even before car allotment, I’m pretty sure this is against Mahindra’s SOP. Please email higher-ups in Mahindra (you can find their emails in this thread) and tell them your case.

Dealerships in Mumbai or at least my dealer (Salasar Autocrafts) was just wonderful. Never pressured for any payment, was more than happy to let me do PDI at stockyard, no push for accessories or insurance, even handling charges practice has been stopped.

On a side-note, is your booking an AWD model? If it is then I’m afraid you have no option but to wait as most AWD deliveries are being delayed. There seems to be severe component shortage issue with those.
Thanks, I should have made it clear - I am using top up loan for my car finance and the money is still with me in my account. As you mentioned, not paying them till a thorough PDI.

Mine is an AWD but the thing that’s left me extremely frustrated is the absolute lack of any kind of communication and continuous false promises, I have even told them on multiple occasions that I am ok with a little bit of more wait but keep me informed on date changes but they just don’t care.
Old 19th June 2022, 14:45   #5824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Mine is an AWD but the thing that’s left me extremely frustrated is the absolute lack of any kind of communication and continuous false promises,
Ahh if it’s any consolation even my dealer never kept me in loop about delivery dates. He contacted me for first time only after my car was billed at the Chakan plant. Every time I got in touch with him I got the same standard response.

I’m not sure dealer has any clue whatsoever about the allotment progress. It is when Mahindras internal system decides to bill you, the dealer will be notified via email. Until then I believe even the dealership promises are worthless as dealer has 0 influence on allotment.

My advise to you would be to either wait it out (as AWD deliveries are delayed pan-India) or directly keep pushing Mahindra (via emails/tweets). No use blaming dealer as there’s very little in his hands.
Old 19th June 2022, 15:52   #5825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
One of the reasons I booked XUV instead of Harrier was that there were so many niggles associated with Harrier. Now I am seeing many problems being reported in XUV and some of them are even dangerous. Back to square one.
There were no mechanical issues with harrier except gen1 having clutch issues. Most issues with harrier were related to infotainment or rattling in cabin. Hopefully similar case with XUV700.
Old 19th June 2022, 16:20   #5826
BHPian

Team,
Need recommendations for good neck support while driving. There are a lot of options available both online & offline. However, would appreciate if someone can vouch the quality personally. Been tough off-late to drive in my XUV 7OO since the headrest is too far off from my neck.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th June 2022, 16:39   #5827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Team,
Need recommendations for good neck support while driving. There are a lot of options available both online & offline. However, would appreciate if someone can vouch the quality personally. Been tough off-late to drive in my XUV 7OO since the headrest is too far off from my neck.

Thanks in advance.
There are few options available in amazon.Found this one good.

https://www.amazon.in/MRRON-Headrest...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 17:54   #5828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Team,
Need recommendations for good neck support while driving.
I have been using this model for the past one year and have found it to be supportive, while it has retained its firmness & shape.

If you are ordering it online, please confirm if you have the ability to return it, if the support does not suit your requirements.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 22:06   #5829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
You should never ever pay a single penny without first seeing the vehicle in person and doing a thorough PDI yourself.
Each time whether direct purchase or company car lease the full amount is paid upfront for me.For an old stock or slow moving car the dealer could be flexible.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th June 2022 at 16:11. Reason: Broken quote tags
Old 19th June 2022, 23:40   #5830
BHPian

Can anyone tell me what is the waiting period of xuv700 in Bangalore !!
Old 19th June 2022, 23:47   #5831

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav27 View Post
Attachment 2321198

Is this the latest version of the software? AX7L D.
Yes even i have same version in my Diesel AT AX7 L.
It was updated few days back from Harbir Automobiles, Chd
Old 20th June 2022, 01:12   #5832

Can anyone suggest a good tire inflator which is compatible with XUV 7OO (given that 12V point is given in boot and thus the inflator should have a long wire so as to reach all tires).

Thanks
sb13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 01:52   #5833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb13 View Post
Can anyone suggest a good tire inflator which is compatible with XUV 7OO (given that 12V point is given in boot and thus the inflator should have a long wire so as to reach all tires).

Thanks
You should go fir portable tyre inflator.

Deal of the day: RNG EKO GREEN Wireless USB Chargeable Portable Digital Electric Air Compressor/ Tyre Inflator/ ABS Plastic Tire Pump with LED Light, Suitable for Ball, Motorcycle, Bicycle, Car - Black(Pack of 1) https://amzn.eu/d/5AIwNjX
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 07:17   #5834
Distinguished - BHPian

Look at these idiots

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfAkL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Your car has ADAS, but it doesn’t mean that you leave everything at the driver seat!!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 08:31   #5835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Can anyone tell me what is the waiting period of xuv700 in Bangalore !!
A friend who booked the AX7L AWD variant last month, got an expected delivery date of March 2024.

Most Viewed