Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2022, 20:30   #5806
sbm
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
While I don't care much for these YouTubers, I am seeing a lot of owners complaining of issues on their XUV on various social media platforms. Not very comforting with the delivery coming up soon.

Unfortunately, there aren't many viable alternatives. I was considering the Compass but the rattling issues scare me. The Thar is, of course, a dream and keeps tugging at the heart; I may still go for the Thar but it will be difficult to convince the family.

Yes, all different cars and I need to make a call soon. It isn't easy.
It seems like the XUV is going to have its own share of issues, no way less than its competitors. But it's hard to judge what percentage of users face issues with their cars because those who are satisfied with their cars never write about their pleasant experience; only those who have problematic cars use social media and forums to highlight the issues.*
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 20:48   #5807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
This video has got 4.8 lakh views in 1 day. That’s huge.
Well his purpose is served. I used to see videos of this guy. And the video where he takes XUV for service gave me a hint that next set of videos will be XUV bashing & exactly the same happened. Just stopped watching his nonsense after that as it was clear that this guy has a different agenda. But he is getting the views and thats all he is concerned about.
bimal8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 21:11   #5808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
It seems like the XUV is going to have its own share of issues, no way less than its competitors. But it's hard to judge what percentage of users face issues with their cars because those who are satisfied with their cars never write about their pleasant experience; only those who have problematic cars use social media and forums to highlight the issues.*
Well, we still get to hear them. I fully expected the XUV to have its fair share of niggles but not issues related to suspension, loss of power or brake failure (a one-off, hopefully).
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 21:13   #5809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
As per this Youtuber, XUV 700 is MAUT KI MACHINE -
Just hurriedly saw this video and was about to post here, only to find that it already has been. At first, I was aghast. Sharing further thoughts and observations below:

At first, it appears that brake oil bleeding wasn't done properly, or that there was some kind of a leak. If a bleeding issue, of course the service center and technician are at fault, but such issues aren't acceptable as it risks lives quite directly. It could also be seen as improper procedure or a lapse of procedure too, as for matters of this nature, there needs to be an extra level of check. The works manager signing after verifying any brake related issue, perhaps.

However, is this even a service centre issue? I'm not sure. He mentions the issue (milder perhaps) happening in his Ladakh trip as well. Please see the part from 13:10 to 14:20 (specifically 14:10 to 14:20). There is a chance that something got damaged on the trip, and there was a slow leak of brake oil leading to insufficent pressure in the line.

If so, who is responsible?
- The driver for not taking care of a brake issue till things reached this state.
- Mahindra, in case the leak happened in within normal acceptable limits of the car's use (consider the SUV positioning), however who is to say how the vehicle was driven?
- Service centre (and Mahindra), for not noting the leak, especially when brake-work was done.

Last edited by Poitive : 18th June 2022 at 21:17. Reason: Refinement
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 21:27   #5810
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Well, we still get to hear them. I fully expected the XUV to have its fair share of niggles but not issues related to suspension, loss of power or brake failure (a one-off, hopefully).
One of the reasons I booked XUV instead of Harrier was that there were so many niggles associated with Harrier. Now I am seeing many problems being reported in XUV and some of them are even dangerous. Back to square one.
Old 18th June 2022, 22:27   #5811
BHPian

1. Call me skeptical, but it is too much of a coincidence that there are suddenly multiple videos pointing out problems with the XUV7OO.
2. If one follows this YouTuber, then you might know that he has a gang of friends who are also YouTubers who have also posted videos of problems with his XUV7OO or their own.
2a. In fact one of them mentions that the drive modes are not named properly and contributed to him selling it. Basically not enough substance.
3. That is why a forum like TeamBHP is most valued where one can get unbiased feedback on the performance of a particular car.
I would 100% go by the posts / feedback on this forum rather than trust a YouTuber who drag races a brand new car, shoots videos with one hand while driving, sleeps in the middle row while being driven on a highway.

More the reason why TeamBHP is even more relevant today in the age of social media and unverified information.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 22:40   #5812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Sorry guys, if someone buys a brand new car and then immediately tries to offroad, do a drag race , try to charge multiple devices at one time in cold climate and then cry that the battery has gone out, i would call that guy an idiot and nothing else.
Well, the guy has fallen into ‘bad’ company. His content quality has also gone down the same way.

There are several other XUV700 owners who have also taken their cars off-roading and haven’t faced any issue. And there were several other cars with him during his trip, that didn’t face any issues at all, so why did his XUV700 only do.

Looks like a bad service was the reason, they didn’t do the work with the required attention especially changing brakes, and this was the result.

I believe his Thar will also see the exit door soon.

Quote:
With his Fortuner also going down-either he is a bad driver , stupid or very unlucky or a combination of the three
In case of the Fortuner, I can’t believe his underbody already took a bad beating due to his careless driving in the rains.

He has created so much suspense behind the actual reason for the XUV700’s selling off and Fortuner’s issue that his views are just going to mount! He could’ve cleared both in a single video, but no he wants to drag everything to the limit.

Quote:
Please don't blindly follow these Youtubers
Never have and never will !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
One of the reasons I booked XUV instead of Harrier was that there were so many niggles associated with Harrier. Now I am seeing many problems being reported in XUV and some of them are even dangerous. Back to square one.
One such ‘Youtuber’ facing the dangerous issue doesn’t mean others are as well. Incompetent service centres are a major reason as well, he used to service his XUV500 from his trusted FNG and ran it for 1 Lakh kms no issues!

We have a very detailed XUV700 AWD ownership review on T-BHP which you can follow and no such issues have been faced there.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...10k-km-up.html

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 18th June 2022 at 22:54.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 22:46   #5813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
How did you do that. I am able to set up my XUV700 as a Device on Alexa app on my iPhone but it does not recognise any question about the XUV .
Follow instructions on this. Some of the screenshots may vary. Once set up, in the Alexa app, tap to speak and start with “Ask Mahindra to…..”

Hope it helps.
Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mahindra Custom Skills for Alexa.pdf (677.1 KB, 467 views)
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 23:48   #5814
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=MeC_csFFbmQ
I would really appreciate it if Mahindra came up with a detailed explanation regarding this particular incident, such view hungry youtubers should not be entertained but this guy has raised some serious questions which should be answered. The way he was abusing the vehicle was quite depressing, the guy who purchased his vehicle is one brave fellow

By the way I was fortunate to have taken the delivery of my vehicle last week. I had to rush the delivery as when the car reached the dealer, the next day happened to be the marriage anniversary of my mom dad. Everything from the PDI to loan to registration etc. was completed within 36 hours. Fortunate to have a wonderful sales staff who were very forthcoming and made sure that the delivery happened on the very day. To add to the experience they also had an event organized to celebrate the occasion in the presence of my parents, who had no clue about the vehicle and both were pleasantly surprised. Turned out to be one of the moments i will cherish for a long time.

As for the vehicle viz AX7 L D AT, it has been worth every penny and worth every second of wait thus far. Next day of delivery I took it out for Pooja at Ozar Shree Vignahar Ganpati temple near pune along with my family comprising 5 adults and 2 children and 2 toddler in all. Although it was on the pune nashik highway, the traffic was horrible and the vehicle returned a mileage of 13 on the display. Had been driving the vehicle inside city mostly and the mileage is hovering around 13 to 14. Dying to take the car out on the highway, that is one with minimal traffic where I can stretch it. I have mostly driven it in zip and zap mode only.
The seating is very comfortable and the suspension is very nice, I unknowingly went past some speed breakers and potholes at high speed and they were handled quite well, no noises. Brakes make some sound at very low speed but it didn't seem abnormal, I drove a creta that sounds somewhat similar, I only noticed it as I had become more conscious after reading the reviews. The sunroof is wonderful and it lifts the mood inside, kids are loving it very much. Air-conditioning is great and the vehicle cools in no time, the second and third row passengers are also well served by the AC. Light colour Interior is an issue with kids inside, one has to ensure that kids have washed their hands after meals and that they don't eat inside, though unavoidable most of the times. Lane assist is fun to use, auto hold is very useful, couldn't use ADAS much. All in all a masterpiece from Mahindra.

A special thanks to Mahindra for offering me the price protection of day one, As I couldn't place the booking on day one due to technical issues at their end and I was told by the dealer that I will have to pay the price of 2nd day but the issue was sorted finally to my favour. Also thanks TBHP for everything
Dark water is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 00:05   #5815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
I would 100% go by the posts / feedback on this forum rather than trust a YouTuber who drag races a brand new car, shoots videos with one hand while driving, sleeps in the middle row while being driven on a highway.

More the reason why TeamBHP is even more relevant today in the age of social media and unverified information.
So so true and agree 100%. As a person who loves cars, it is just painful to watch some these jokers torture and trash their cars around in the name of review. I'm almost certain that true car lovers like the BHPians in this forum, will not hesitate to push their cars to the limits, but always be aware of what is use and what is abuse!

I believe that car manufacturers who spend a hefty sum on R&D, know what they do. Like in any manufacturing there may be defective pieces, but they are mere exceptions. Be it a Mahindra, Tata or even a Mercedes, there will be defects. What differs is percentages in which such lemons end up in customers hands, and when they do, what manufacturers do to rectify.

A person's decision making for buying a car should not rely on filth on the net. Though i must say i have also spent hours watching videos of XUV700, but my decision was made relying on Autocar, motoroctane, Team BHP reviews, this forum and my own test drive experience!
GPJ_23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 00:38   #5816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
1. Call me skeptical, but it is too much of a coincidence that there are suddenly multiple videos pointing out problems with the XUV7OO.
I totally agree with the skeptisism towards this video and others on the forum. Some of the issues being pointed out such as suspension noise and bad service etc don't appear very convincing enough to be selling the vehicle altogether.

Additionally as I have also faced niggles with my xuv I have personally been satisfied by the level of service and attention provided by Mahindra. My issues with logo rusting are well documented on the forum and were promptly resolved by Mahindra. Further they also investigated the issue on priority to make sure it was not a widespread concern.

Another point which may be there is that YouTube influencers need to be changing vehicles to keep up viewer interest and since the prices of xuv700 have increased steadily, they may be able to sell of the cars at a profit after exploiting it for content. However that's just my two cents.
nasir88 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 01:17   #5817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
I would really appreciate it if Mahindra came up with a detailed explanation regarding this particular incident, such view hungry Youtubers should not be entertained but this guy has raised some serious questions which should be answered. The way he was abusing the vehicle was quite depressing, the guy who purchased his vehicle is one brave fellow
Mahindra should take a legal action against this youtuber who is relentlessly badmouthing their stellar offering just for increasing his views.There should be a clause for voiding warranty of vehicle due to its abusive use like drag racing and using it on grueling terrain.Blame should be passed on to him via his own youtube videos.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th June 2022 at 15:57. Reason: Trimming quoted post; please quote only relevant sections of the post.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 08:40   #5818
BHPian

My personal take :
Mahindra is equally to be blamed, they need to realize that there is a real world outside of social media and also have some confidence in their product - they should stop bending over backwards for these youtubers and treating them as lords at the expense of regular customers, one trivial video and they have an army of senior folks calling him and visiting his place in no time to solve his issues,dealer taking him out for coffee etc etc whereas a regular customer who has put his trust and his hard earned money on them and waiting for delivery is left to bear the brunt of their broken system both at the company end and dealership end. They have got their priorities wrong.

As a case in example, here’s a jist of my experience so far:
My promised delivery date was Apr 1st week and it is well past due and today is June 19th and there are still no signs of delivery or billing and I have already paid 3 EMI trusting on their Apr date. How did Mahindra and their dealer treat me all along this delay?
1.Not a single email/call/sms from their end informing me on change of dates anytime, this after repeated requests and escalations to at least inform me when the dates change.
2.Customer experience head at dealer - she refused to take my last calls and when I persisted she made somebody else receive it and say she is in meeting, call back request was refused and a new name given to speak to. No response to emails as well. Indirect message to not bother her anymore! This after I had reached out to her as an escalation after her whole sales team and managers all went MIA.
3.Mahindras own ASM - started reaching out to him after the above experience, he kept giving me billing dates after dates - previous occasion gave me a billing date which again was missed and there was no response to my emails enquiring on status. Called customer care twice and they can’t confirm on billing neither can they arrange call back from ASM and asked me bluntly to call back when ASM is available and in his working hours. Called back second time next day and the customer care tried getting ASM in conf call and he dint pick call from their toll number but picked it next time when it was from another number only to be told that he can’t speak and I should call back at 6 in the evening when he gets free.

The demand and waiting for XUV700 did not come from these youtubers - it came from their product packaging and the customers who saw value in it and trusted them with their hard earned money, they need to wake up and treat these customers with the respect that they deserve before it’s too late! Just 1-2 decent alternate product launches from competitors and people are not going to be sticking around here long.

Last edited by Sandegov : 19th June 2022 at 08:56. Reason: Typo, quotes
Sandegov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 09:41   #5819
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=MeC_csFFbmQ
I too have watched many videos of this Youtuber, only reason I watched him was to see his experience with XUV 700 and now he just seems to bashing the car for content.

He drives the car in a very harsh manner and then complains about rattles?

I had watched some of his earlier videos too when he had the XUV 500, he complained about Mahindra service then too, but then he decided to go and buy not one but two Mahindra cars and then he complains about them for content.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 12:05   #5820
BHPian

I watched the video and there's something I couldn't understand.

At around 14:00 mark, he casually mentions that he experienced the same brake issue once or twice during Ladakh trip as well, but didn't pay much attention to it at the time.

As someone who is new to the automobile, I wanted to ask, how serious is that brake issue? If that is something serious enough to consider selling the vehicle, then how could he drive it in those difficult terrains at Ladakh?

Or maybe I'm missing something here?

What if I experience something similar, what should be my immediate course of action at the time? Should I keep driving slowly or get it towed?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks