Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 16:43   #5866
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

How did they rectify this? Did they change the vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
I found no plastic covers and many dirty spots. Overall not a very good experience and hence PDI is MUST! Finally got delivery on 1st March, though am really happy with the car.
Old 21st June 2022, 18:53   #5867

Anyone who got their XUV700 serviced in Gurgaon, especially 1st Service. I'm new to Mahindra and would like to know the better service centres in the city.

Thanks!
Old 21st June 2022, 19:28   #5868
BHPian

Dear sir. Can you share the vendors details. I'm from Mumbai and will check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post
I have not installed it yet. Found few after market vendors who are quite confident about the installation. But I have my doubts.
Old 21st June 2022, 19:52   #5869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
How did they rectify this? Did they change the vehicle
Nope, only cleaned and apologized. With no mechanical faults, I felt these are minor issues and not deal breakers, also, was too excited to reject an allotted XUV700!
k_gpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 20:36   #5870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Anyone else who has booked via NBS Chowpatty or Andheri and has faced a similar issue? I'd be keen to know if there are any other ways to resolve this. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
I had faced the same issue where NBS Andheri gave me same excuses for not allowing PDI at warehouse. I was very clear that I need to do a PDI before I make full payment. A few calls exchanged with Sales Advisor for a few days & then he said they can get car to showroom for PDI but then again it will go back to warehouse. I told them this is just not acceptable. Either I do PDI at warehouse or if I do it at the showroom the car stays there till delivery. Since no conclusion could be reached I sent an email to Customer Care Mahindra with a copy to Regional Sales and next day I got call from GM of NBS. Agreed to keep the car at showroom only post PDI and also told me to make payment only after PDI is done. Vehicle had clocked 74 kms when PDI was done at Andheri & same during Delivery. So you can expect around same or 10 kms more.

So handle it patiently and it will get sorted out. Cheers.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st June 2022 at 22:08. Reason: typos and punctuation.
bimal8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 20:50   #5871

Hello Sir,
I received delivery of Petrol MX in June 2022 without a second Key FOB. The dealership did not ask to sign any form related to the same but mentioned it may be delivered in 2-3 months.
Old 21st June 2022, 20:52   #5872
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for giving confidence. I had a VW vento and I swear I'll never buy a VW, their service is worst to say the least.

Sir if you can highlight about the suspension noise in xuv700, does it make the ride uncomfortable and noisy?

Any issues with ADAS you faced? I follow a famous Youtuber his brakes failed and had ADAS issues

Thanks again
1. There is plenty discussion about the youtuber in question. I wouldn't call him "famous". That person seems to have a history of abusing cars. His next car, a fortuner, also ran into issues after purchase. I feel like there is more to that story than the youtuber is letting on. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
2. I have driven the 700, and the suspension noise is not all that noticeable. It definitely does not make the ride uncomfortable and noisy. We were 4 fully grown adults on board. So the car was decently loaded. What I drove had about 80% good roads, and 20% mixed. Nowhere was the suspension noise that noticeable.
3. Within the same drive, I also got a small demo of AEB (auto emergency braking), and lane assist in action. The ADAS system did not get over-triggered even in moderate traffic situations. It is not intrusive.

Overall, there are about 300 pages of user observations on this thread. I have been following this thread from its very inception, and yes, there have been issues. However they are nowhere as extreme or widespread. Certainly not any greater than most of the competition I would say.
ashishk29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 20:58   #5873
BHPian

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if any of you who has been facing suspension sound, has been able to successfully get it fixed ? I have been in discussion with couple of service centers and while they all accept informally that this is an issue, but they don't seem to have any guidelines from Mahindra on resolving this.

I have also reached out to regional customer care manager who acknowledged this issue to be present with multiple vehicles, but he is not able to provide any long term solution other than torqueing the suspension setup which is of no respite.

I also see a petition on change.org with this issue which proves that this is not an isolated issue and Mahindra not able to address this is not a good sign.

https://www.change.org/p/mahindra-xu...reless-carplay
Old 21st June 2022, 21:19   #5874
BHPian

Thanks for the reply.

Can we not switch off the ADAS completely?

Reading everything I'm at comfort now to go ahead qith delivery.

Now only thing left is how to install a roof carrier /box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Overall, there are about 300 pages of user observations on this thread. I have been following this thread from its very inception, and yes, there have been issues. However they are nowhere as extreme or widespread. Certainly not any greater than most of the competition I would say.
Old 21st June 2022, 22:19   #5875

Have a suggestion for this issue. The headlamps switching automatically to low beam from high in auto mode is probably due to the fact that you may have selected the option of high beam assist. This makes the headlamps go to low beam from high beam when it senses any ambient light coming from the front (which in our conditions is most of the time).

Solution : Go to Settings >> Driver Assistance >> High beam assist.
Uncheck the box.

Now you have 'manual' control over the high and low beams by using the stalk conventionally even while the headlamps are in the auto mode.
airavat@22 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 23:05   #5876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
I own AX5 D AT 7-Seater and there is no CC available in this particular model. Besides this, I personally felt that AX5 models are actually Value for Money because Ax7 & beyond would have more Electronics and all of us know how M&M works. Drove XUV 5OO for a decade and I know how it was when it comes to electronics/ sensors.

However, I was also amazed to see that there is no CC. It was available a decade back in my W6. Infact, 5OO was much better in many aspects (despite being cheaper by almost 8-9 Lakhs).

Key Differences (W6 vs AX5 D AT 7-Seater):
I can totally relate to what you're saying. We uses to own the first gen W6 which came with almost all bells and whistles except ESP and touchscreen and it was a steal back then.

For points 1 & 6, Kindly check RavenAvi Sir's post. There are possibilities as the wiring is already present. Only hardware is required.

Remaining points I think M&M took a back seat and they're hell bent on not providing sliding mechanism for 2nd row seats and more bootspace

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd June 2022 at 11:20. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2022, 07:18   #5877
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Can we not switch off the ADAS completely?

Reading everything I'm at comfort now to go ahead qith delivery.

Now only thing left is how to install a roof carrier /box
I think ADAS can be disabled.
I can imagine turning it off in cities, where lane markings may not be consistent, and we have very messy streets. But on the highways, it would be safer, and helpful too.

Won't the roof carrier/box go against the sky-roof? Would block most of the view above. Though I can understand the necessity considering the meager boot space.
Old 22nd June 2022, 09:09   #5878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
My personal take :
The demand and waiting for XUV700 did not come from these Youtubers - it came from their product packaging and the customers who saw value in it and trusted them with their hard earned money, they need to wake up and treat these customers with the respect that they deserve before it’s too late! Just 1-2 decent alternate product launches from competitors and people are not going to be sticking around here long.

I suggest you start tweeting Anand Mahindra now.I see the ASM,Customer experience manager are not responding here. 3 Months without the delivery and you paying EMI is very bad.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd June 2022 at 11:21. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:09   #5879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
I suggest you start tweeting Anand Mahindra now.I see the ASM,Customer experience manager are not responding here. 3 Months without the delivery and you paying EMI is very bad.
I remember him mentioning somewhere that he is in the line too waiting with his and wife’s booking

I have mentally checked out from my XUV700 booking, have had enough - not worth the hassle and my time. Looking at new Tucson and Fortuner as alternate options, if the dealer/Mahindra can deliver on their own before these materialize then will take it otherwise will go with one of these.
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:59   #5880
BHPian

XUV7OO AWD D AT AX7L highway efficiency of 17+ kmpl with 4 people on board and all their luggage.

Highway run: Mumbai to Delhi.
Cruising speed: 80-100 kmph.

fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks