Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2022, 15:43   #6001
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

All these days I was blaming Mahindra for not able to connect Android auto to my OnePlus Nord 2. Today received software update for OnePlus Nord 2 (Current version is 13) and bingo Android auto is connected and up and running.

So in my experience the issue is with your mobile software and not with XUV's.
Piyush_DT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 16:15   #6002
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I took delivery of the XUV 700 AX7 D AT L AWD Midnight Black. Though there was excitement for the new car but I was equally scared about driving the AT after driving MT cars for more than 25 years. After driving a Fiat Linea for the last 10 years, where the light and wiper stalks are on opposite sides, I have to make adjustment for this too.

The XUV had only 14 KM at the time of delivery. It came with single key fob and rear sequential lights missing. Attaching some pictures.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3b1413b8ac2e4a738f10cfed02cf0c84.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-099be0e4fcd846df8e45f102986ca2bd.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-4897b503218d454cb5352fa8e19aeb0e.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-69885f58a03b4b43bbd0ff68936284c9.jpg
Sommos is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 19:09   #6003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

The XUV had only 14 KM at the time of delivery. It came with single key fob and rear sequential lights missing.
Congratulations and wish you at least a decade of happy mile-munching with her!

Could you tell me if your booking was from the launch date? Also what is Mahindra's take on the missing sequential indicators & 2nd key fob? Have they committed to provide them in foreseeable future?

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 2nd July 2022, 19:24   #6004
BHPian

Can someone tell me typically how much time does it take from this current status to the actual delivery and most importantly what are the next sequence of steps that I should anticipate from the dealership in regards to invoice generation, pdi and payment etc.[/quote]

Don’t go by the website status. It’s completely wrong. Even after I received my vehicle it said it’s in production.

Keep the dialogue with your sales guys and talk to them and their higher ups. This might help things.

In my case I cancelled the vehicle and then the sales guy immediately called me and said not to cancel and I can get the vehicle in a month time. I booked the vehicle on day 1 and got the delivery in Jan first week.

Once you receive a call confirming that your vehicle is invoiced it takes a maximum 15 days for you to take delivery. Insist for PDI and then make the payment.

Keep pushing. It’s worth the wait.

Last edited by zeus_700 : 2nd July 2022 at 19:26.
zeus_700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:22   #6005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Also what is Mahindra's take on the missing sequential indicators & 2nd key fob? Have they committed to provide them in foreseeable future?

Cheers,
Vijay
My AWD L booked on 07 Oct 2021 was delivered on 01 July 2022.
Dealer informed me that sequential indicators would be installed "later" and the second key fob would be delivered after 4 to 6 months.
Consent letter is as below.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220703_084132.jpg  

ColAjayDrives is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:54   #6006
Senior - BHPian

Just a little confused, does the AX5 variant not get automatic climate control? The brochure says that AX7 gets automatic climate control, but there is no word on automatic climate control anywhere in the AX3 or AX5 variants. I’m surprised that a 25 lakh car does not get automatic climate control ( if it’s true!).
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:55   #6007
BHPian

Ax5 is manual ac and no auto climate control
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just a little confused, does the AX5 variant not get automatic climate control? The brochure says that AX7 gets automatic climate control, but there is no word on automatic climate control anywhere in the AX3 or AX5 variants. I’m surprised that a 25 lakh car does not get automatic climate control ( if it’s true!).
niteshsharmab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 23:22   #6008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Yes it is true. The AX5 and below variants don't have climate control. While I am not at all a fan of climate control, having experienced it on several cars (my own car has dual zone CC but I have used it only a handful number of times till date), I do have to agree that it should have been provided on an otherwise well equipped car.

The manual air con controls stick out like sore thumbs. These could have been designed better. Climate control, power folding mirrors and ESP (on the petrol) are major misses in my view for a variant that costs 25L OTR in some states.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 08:06   #6009
BHPian

Good Morning everyone,

Had a question for those of you who have tested both the 5 and 7 seat versions.

Is there an additional legroom in the 5 seat version vs. the 7 seat version for the second row.

Tried looking it up, but found it hard to get the answer to that exact question.

Thanks for your inputs!

Regards
M
Old 4th July 2022, 09:46   #6010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
Good Morning everyone,

Had a question for those of you who have tested both the 5 and 7 seat versions.

Is there an additional legroom in the 5 seat version vs. the 7 seat version for the second row.

Tried looking it up, but found it hard to get the answer to that exact question.

Thanks for your inputs!

Regards
M
No. There is no extra legrooom. The spacing remains the same. All that you get with a 5 seater is a flat board boot with loads of extra space.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 10:44   #6011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
Dealer informed me that sequential indicators would be installed "later" and the second key fob would be delivered after 4 to 6 months.
Where are the signatures from the dealer side or Mahindra acknowledging their commitment to provide the same? Or is there a separate consent form for that?
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 11:27   #6012
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
I got my XUV delivered yesterday, but they didn't make me sign any consent forms. Can they refuse to install the indicators and provide the second key? I think this undertaking is for the dealer and the responsibility to provide these missing features rests with the company.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 11:52   #6013
BHPian

Is coozo 7D mats best option to install in xuv700? I heard Mahindra one is not as good and also double pricing
Old 4th July 2022, 12:18   #6014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
No. There is no extra legrooom. The spacing remains the same. All that you get with a 5 seater is a flat board boot with loads of extra space.
In addition to this the 2nd row seats are reclinable in the 7 seater version. I believe they are fixed in the 5 seater variant. Also missing in AX5 is the middle seat arm rest/cup holders. 7 seater variant is the one to go for even if you don't plan on using the 3rd row seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Is coozo 7D mats best option to install in xuv700? I heard Mahindra one is not as good and also double pricing
Yes cozoo mats are decent. I got to check them out in person when buying mine. I checked out autofurnish and cozoo and autofurnish mats were a bit thicker so I went for those but cozoo were pretty good too. Do not go for Mahindra mats, they are highly overpriced. For 10k you can get 7D mats for all rows + boot as well. While you're at it do check out 3D mats from Kagu, they were my first choice but were not available yet, should be in stock by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I got my XUV delivered yesterday, but they didn't make me sign any consent forms. Can they refuse to install the indicators and provide the second key? I think this undertaking is for the dealer and the responsibility to provide these missing features rests with the company.
The form is sort of a guarantee from the company that you will get the missing parts within 6 months. Without the form there is a chance they could refuse. Get the form from your dealership just to be safe.
Tanmay007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 12:34   #6015
BHPian

Thanks sir. I'll check auto furnish.

Where can I check Kagu? I can't find any website of this brand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
IWhile you're at it do check out 3D mats from Kagu, they were my first choice but were not available yet, should be in stock by now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks