Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 15:18   #6046
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
That's the biggest problem. My dealer is Ananta Mahindra, especially the Outer ring road Marathahalli branch. Completely useless and hopeless on that front. No fixed SAs nor do they even bother about giving the right information and they never have any right updates. Once the SA gave me a shock of my life stating that my tentative delivery date is sometime in 2024. I laughed hysterically, since I was so angry, as I had got a confirmed booking on the 1st day i.e. 7th Oct'21, that too by physically visiting their showroom. Later the Mahindra customer care confirmed me that the dates are between 1st-16th Aug 2022. I stressed twice on the year just to be sure. Yet the dealer has no such update. Not sure what to do here

Welcome to the club. Biggest mistake of our life was choosing Anant cars . Irrespective of their branch, their overall experience is the same - Pathetic. Try to get in touch with Area sales manager and keep on following up with him/her till you get the delivery. The status update on the website is a joke,so dont take it seriously.
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 17:47   #6047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Go into the setting of phone and search for android auto and activate the wireless android auto. In new Android OS , now android auto setting are available inside settings options of android phones.
Thanks for this pointer. However, I couldn't locate the setting that you mentioned above.
Old 6th July 2022, 18:15   #6048

Can anyone please let me know in your experience, how reliable is the booking status in Mahindra website. Mahindra status page shows that my booking status is "Order under planning" and the expected time of arrival (ETA) is 21st Aug to 5th Sep 2022.
I called up the sales consultant to confirm the status, but he is saying he hasn't received any email yet.

Is the Mahindra status page reliable and generally how much does it take to move from "order under planning" to "Vehicle Production"
Old 6th July 2022, 18:16   #6049
PKH
BHPian

I booked a XUV700 AX7L D AT AWD in Midnight Black on 14/10/2021 where delivery was scheduled on Feb-Mar 2023 but I got a confirmation that the person who had booked the car ahead of me had cancelled and I am next on the queue and the vehicle will be invoiced in a week and to keep my funds ready or they can arrange finance if required.

But I have not yet received any e-mails from Mahindra so do I need to expect any mails or messages from Mahindra on the allotment? Or should I take the dealers word for it who confirmed the VIN number will only be available once the vehicle is invoiced.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th July 2022 at 05:24. Reason: Typo
PKH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:22   #6050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish11128 View Post
Is the Mahindra status page reliable and generally how much does it take to move from "order under planning" to "Vehicle Production"
Portal isn’t accurate and varies. Generally you can expect the status to change to production at around the same time as your estimated date. If your ETA is 5th Sept, expect allotment in Sept and ~15 additional days till delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKH View Post
should I take the dealers word for it who confirmed the VIN number will only be available once the vehicle is invoiced.
You won’t get any emails from Mahindra for a cancelled allotment. You can trust your dealer for any future updates.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 22:03   #6051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Where are the signatures from the dealer side or Mahindra acknowledging their commitment to provide the same? Or is there a separate consent form for that?
Add to this I have also got an email from the dealer mentioning the same. So I dont suspect any foul play here.
Old 6th July 2022, 22:46   #6052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish11128 View Post
Can anyone please let me know in your experience, how reliable is the booking status in Mahindra website.
The status is the most reliable source.The car delivery is an important event for us,but for dealer it is just routine job.So they will be least interested to follow the status with Mahindra.In my case,I informed them it is on the way based on the status on Mahindra website and 3rd day it reached the dealer.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th July 2022 at 05:25. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 6th July 2022, 22:49   #6053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Hey
Just today I received delivery of 7D mats for my XUV700 AT. I had ordered them from a vendor in Delhi. They sell it on Amazon for 5500. If you order directly, they offer a 10% discount, incl shipping.

I found them pretty good, except for the coverage on the sides of first row and below first row seats.
Has anyone gone for a full floor carpet on the XUV7OO and then mats on top of it? Happenned to see a YouTube video with this arrangement and it seemed to be pretty good. The full floor (bed) carpeting was velcro based and hence the seats were not removed.
Old 7th July 2022, 08:51   #6054

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Has anyone gone for a full floor carpet on the XUV7OO and then mats on top of it? Happenned to see a YouTube video with this arrangement and it seemed to be pretty good. The full floor (bed) carpeting was velcro based and hence the seats were not removed.
Can you please post that YouTube link here?
Old 7th July 2022, 13:27   #6055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Can you please post that YouTube link here?

The carpet is shown from 3 mins 45 seconds.

There are a few more videos on YouTube where they do show the installation process as well though Murphy visited me and I can't find that link
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 13:57   #6056
BHPian

Folks!

People who booked their vehicle on Oct 7th or 8th under price protection and later changed the variant (doesn't matter when), do check with your dealer because if it was a proper amendment for variant change, then you're still eligible for price protection and could easily save up to 1.76L on the top-end model (AX7 L P AT) on ex-showroom price.

The amended booking is considered as a new booking and the delivery timeline is also accordingly allotted but the price protection is still given.

The dealer may try to generate invoice as per the new price but it should most likely throw an error for them. Not everyone knows this and people usually think they're losing the price protection due to variant change but that's not the case.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 21:20   #6057
BHPian

I am slated to take delivery this saturday i will take the extended warranty + rsa for 4th and 5th year, but just checking if there is any difference between what the dealer is offering and the one available on the app? The dealer is saying its 26k warranty +3k for rsa.
Old 7th July 2022, 21:44   #6058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
I am slated to take delivery this saturday i will take the extended warranty + rsa for 4th and 5th year, but just checking if there is any difference between what the dealer is offering and the one available on the app? The dealer is saying its 26k warranty +3k for rsa.
The price is the same whether you buy it from the dealer or through the app. I bought extended warranty from the dealer, it’s not showing as active on the app yet (takes 20 days as per the dealer). However I remember reading on this thread that purchasing extended warranty via the app results in instant activation, if that matters to you. Haven’t purchased 4th and 5th year RSA yet.
eagles_ts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 22:16   #6059
BHPian

Guys noob question.. what happens if one wishes to postpone delivery. My xuv700 ax7L diesel.AT is showing delivery due in Feb 2023 and i would like to take it in April

Is that possible by the dealer?
Old 8th July 2022, 00:18   #6060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
The exact price for RSA on app is 3020/-.

Most Viewed