Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 19:24   #5956
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
They are supposed to give you the VIN number. I got both the chassis number and engine number to confirm the month of manufacture.

Yeah. Got this info. Thought I'd be able to get Form also.
Old 28th June 2022, 19:25   #5957
BHPian

Quote:
They are supposed to give you the VIN number. I got both the chassis number and engine number to confirm the month of manufacture. In all my previous purchases including Mahindra I have received this information as soon as the car is allotted. I hope this helps!

Cheers!
Same here - got my VIN and other details on the day the allocation happened as a confirmation from my SA.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 22:02   #5958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Did anyone get Form 22? The dealer is refusing to share. They claim they got instructions from Mahindra to not share too. They can show it seems but not share.

Can I at least get the Engine/Chassis number before it goes for the registration? Thoughts?
You can ask the SA to send across a screenshot of the From 22. My dealer was also not too keen to share it at first, but i insisted and then they got it to me. I was told that they need to ask their RTO guy for the doc and hence it takes time or some such excuse.
Speedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 23:10   #5959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Yeah. Got this info. Thought I'd be able to get Form also.
Other than engine and chassis number, the form only has emission data. Isn’t that correct? Is there a reason one needs this?

Am I missing something?
Cheers!
Old 28th June 2022, 23:21   #5960
BHPian

Quote:
Other than engine and chassis number, the form only has emission data. Isn’t that correct? Is there a reason one needs this?

Am I missing something?
Cheers!
Yes. That’s correct. I only wanted to validate the info and that document being from manufacturer makes it authentic.

However, an email from dealer with vehicle info served the purpose too.
Old 28th June 2022, 23:36   #5961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
..can't deny me a PDI. The dealer said they will arrange a PDI at the showroom which is about 40 KMS one way.

This is where I need some help - in my mind, I would rather that the vehicle not be driven for 80 KMS for a PDI. I am happy to go to the warehouse. I also have family that lives close to the warehouse and suggested that we do a PDI there but the dealer is insisting on PDI at the showroom only.

...Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
I was one of the eager ones who always used to do a PDI before delivery many years back.
Over time, I realized that there is nothing much one can make out by an amateur physical inspection of a car during PDI at a dusty warehouse (when the vehicle is most of the time covered with dust in the parking yard). Minor damages to panels during transit is a probable occurence (even if it is rare), such minor panel jobs may be done by the dealer and these are quite difficult to detect by the customer.

The only thing I've done for the last 2 deliveries is to just get the VIN number of the vehicle allotted and decode the manufacturing month.
For fast selling vehicles which just fly off the shelf, it won't stay in the dealer yard for long. If the VIN shows a much older mfg-date for a fast-selling vehicle, then there can be a question as to why it has been lying around when the demand is so huge and warrants some inspection.
As long as the VIN reports the manufacturing month upto a couple of months, its all good. The PDI can be safely skipped. The fact that the dealer is ready to get the car 80KMs to and fro for a PDI itself shows his confidence level

Last edited by for_cars1 : 28th June 2022 at 23:47.
for_cars1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 09:41   #5962
BHPian

Where do you guys shop for accessories? Offline in Bangalore any recommendations? Online?

I’m looking for 7D mat and sun shades. Online ecom sites have mixed reviews with quality or fitting issues.
Old 29th June 2022, 11:33   #5963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
. . . Anyway, will update the thread in the afternoon and see. Hope other members with XUV 7OO AT haven't faced such issues.
Bumping up my post here, I tested the car again the next day and found the behaviour to remain the same. So fingers crossed for now. Will take it to the service centre on Saturday and then post again on the forum as to what the issue was.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 11:37   #5964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
As long as the VIN reports the manufacturing month upto a couple of months, its all good. The PDI can be safely skipped.
Respectfully, this is terrible advise. Performing a PDI is hugely beneficial since you have to right to reject the delivery in case of any issue. Without PDI if you notice any problem during delivery, you have no option but to repair that issue. PDIs not only allow you to inspect the car inside-out but to also turn it on and run it for a bit.

I remember this very famous instance on Youtube where a customer found check engine light on of his new car during delivery. The dealership simply cleared the error and delivered the vehicle. A few kms from the dealership, the error returned and that car turned out to be a lemon riddled with issues.

Please always do a PDI yourself, especially in vehicles with ton of sensors. Do not ignore any errors shown in the cluster during the PDI and insist the dealer on getting them resolved and perform a PDI again till you are satisfied.

Besides engine/electronics other common issues such as panel gaps, scratches/dents during transport, squeaking noise, etc are easily identified during PDI. Now would you rather have the dealer fix these before payment or fix them post delivery and have your brand new car in service center for a couple of days.

If one is spending north of 20 lac, a PDI is the least you should do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I was wondering if this sudden downshift and reduction in speed comes to play while driving down a slope.
Unless Hill decent control is turned on this should not be happening. Maybe try manually pressing the HDC button to toggle and see if it makes any difference, it could be a HDC related malfunction. We here can only speculate, the service center should be able to diagnose it accurately. The issue seems bad enough (any issue that causes a new engine to behave out of spec is bad IMO) that you should not delay it any longer and visit the service center asap.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 29th June 2022 at 11:46.
Tanmay007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:25   #5965
BHPian

Respected Members of the Forum
Kindly Enlighten:

I am a current Scorpio owner for last 7 years and a loyal Mahindra customer for last 15 years.
I booked a XUV700 AX7L with price protection on day 1 of the Launch. As I had an important meeting so I left my office staff at the Dealer and I don't know whose mistake it was but the colour booked was Black while I never ever buy a Black colour. I am a White/Silver car guy.
I didn't noticed this mistake until now when I got a call from the dealer that the Vehicle is billed and would reach me in next 15-20 days. I checked the booking sheet and found this Gross Error.

Now I am in a mess. What to do.
Can there be a way out. I am ready to wait for another 2-3 months if I can get a White or Silver. Kindly help.
FidoDido is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:45   #5966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Can there be a way out. I am ready to wait for another 2-3 months if I can get a White or Silver. Kindly help.
Talk with your dealer about a possible color swap with someone who has booked the same variant as you in white. For example if some customer from same dealership has booked same variant as you in white color with a promise date 2-3 months away, the dealer can offer that customer early deliver with your black color.

Of course as per my understanding all this has to be approved by Mahindra; chances are slim but it's worth a shot.

Other option is to accept delivery, midnight black color is not true black, it looks premium and is actually the most booked color cause of its dual look.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 17:31   #5967
BHPian

Quote:
Respected Members of the Forum
Kindly Enlighten:

I am a current Scorpio owner for last 7 years and a loyal Mahindra customer for last 15 years.

Any commitment done for change in colour will be false and you will be moved at the end of queue in that case.These kind of mix up is rare and I dont think anyone will be ready to exchange white with midnight black owing to its high mantainence.Best is to take the delivery and enjoy dual tone colour.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th June 2022 at 18:12. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Gaddibuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 17:41   #5968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post

Any commitment done for change in colour will be false and you will be moved at the end of queue in that case.These kind of mix up is rare and I dont think anyone will be ready to exchange white with midnight black owing to its high mantainence.Best is to take the delivery and enjoy dual tone colour.
Thanks.

What do you think would be the fate of my price protection which I have currently with my black colour.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th June 2022 at 18:12. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 29th June 2022, 18:36   #5969
BHPian

[quote=FidoDido;5347123]Respected Members of the Forum
Kindly Enlighten:

Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 18:45   #5970
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

What do you think would be the fate of my price protection which I have currently with my black colour.
They will definitely not honour the price protection since you are letting go your current allotment.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks