Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 10:08   #5836
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
You should go fir portable tyre inflator.
I think a portable makes a lot of sense considering that a typical 2.5m-3m cable doesn't reach the front left tyre from the only 12V point in the boot. I had an earlier tyre pump and ended up getting an extension cord from MGA.

Any thoughts on reliability of these portable types as far as charge retention is concerned and keeping a 4000mAh lithium-ion battery in the boot while parking the car in hot sun? I never had to use my tyre pump in 5+ years of my previous car. I do not think the battery powered once are buy and forget!
Old 20th June 2022, 11:52   #5837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb13 View Post
Can anyone suggest a good tire inflator which is compatible with XUV 7OO (given that 12V point is given in boot and thus the inflator should have a long wire so as to reach all tires).

Thanks
Go for Tusa tire inflator , it is a really good tire inflator and is quiet easy to use .

But the only downside is that you need to fold the second row seats to reach all the tires as there is only one 12V socket in the boot.

TUSA Digital Air Compressor Pump(ABS Plastic and Metal) - 12V Digital Car Tyre Inflator with Auto shutoff (1+1 Year Warranty) Yellow , Pack of 1 https://amzn.eu/d/8anW8k3

I myself use this in the XUV 700

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220519_185336.jpg

Last edited by Hawk : 20th June 2022 at 11:55.
Hawk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 12:44   #5838
BHPian

Completed a Mumbai - Ladakh Trip yesterday. Did the complete Ladakh circuit, covering 6230km in 20 days.

I am very impressed with the performance of the vehicle. The route I had taken was Mumbai - Abu - Bikaner - Amritsar - Sonmarg - Lamayuru - Leh - Nubra Valley - Turtuk / Thang - Pangong - Leh - Keylong - Manali - Chandigarh - Jaipur - Ahmedabad - Mumbai.

Throughout the trip I did not face any major issue except two punctures, one at Hunder and another at Swarghat. I was sceptical about the DEF issue, but with normal driving, I did not face any such issue.

Suspension noise is present when you try to ride over rough patches. If you hit a sharp speed breaker or road surface above 40kmph, be ready hear the bottoming out of the front suspensions. The thud is so loud that you feel something is broken. The very next moment, car would perform normally on regular uneven road surfaces.

The roads at Changla pass are in pathetic conditions, with steep gradients. The car climbed up with ease. Hardly any wheel spin noticed. (Mine is a 2WD Diesel AT).

I was surprised by the FE that I got for the entire trip. Most of the highway sections I got 15 - 16.5 with regular highway speeds (90 - 120). On the hills, I was getting consistent FE of around 10.5 which was beyond my expectation. The overall FE that I got is 13.5 which I think is pretty reasonable for a vehicle this size.

I still cant believe I spent around 45k on fuel. Will again check the fuel bills to be doubly sure

Have given the car for 10k km service today. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Brake pad wearing out issue as reported by one of the Youtuber.

I will post a detailed update on my entire trip soon.
bill1182 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 15:42   #5839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Team,
Need recommendations for good neck support while driving. There are a lot of options available both online & offline. However, would appreciate if someone can vouch the quality personally.
Hey Naveen,
I bought this neck support from Amazon.
More than satisfied with the product. Quality is premium & support is just right for my 5'10" frame.
nickelniks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 16:03   #5840
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Completed a Mumbai - Ladakh Trip yesterday. Did the complete Ladakh circuit, covering 6230km in 20 days.

I was surprised by the FE that I got for the entire trip. Most of the highway sections I got 15 - 16.5 with regular highway speeds (90 - 120). On the hills, I was getting consistent FE of around 10.5 which was beyond my expectation. The overall FE that I got is 13.5 which I think is pretty reasonable for a vehicle this size.

I still cant believe I spent around 45k on fuel. Will again check the fuel bills to be doubly sure
45K bill is actual. My XUV700 has run 6200 and i have spent 48K in total. 3 out station trips covering 2000 Kms and rest in City. Average of 12.3Km/l and best of 14.3 Km/l while doing a highway trip. For an AT, i guess its phenomenal.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st June 2022 at 08:29. Reason: Mod note attached.
zeus_700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 17:05   #5841
BHPian

All of these youtubers are just click baits and want views. None of them deserve to be taken seriously.

A minor update on my xuv700 ( AX7L P AT )

1 ) Gear shift lever had to be replaced - car was with mahindra for this and audio issue and came back to me after ~3 weeks but the issue came back within 100 odd km on an outstation trip - replaced under warranty post coming back to the city
2 ) Audio jarring - car went to mahindra multiple times and issue was reproducible in all L variants in the service center. Took months of debugging but finally resolved. This was most likely a software issue in AAC decoding ( Mahindra has not shared the exact RCA with me and this is just my guess )
3 ) Locked door ( closed shut properly - no door open alerts in adrenox / car ) swung open on it's own. Hasn't happened again. Captured on hotel CCTV and details shared with Mahindra - cctv video shown to Mahindra rep on WA video call but not shared by hotel as they wanted a FIR before they can share the footage. Nobody knows how and why it happened but it was scary
4 ) Skyroof refused to close - no debris / dust / any other obstruction. Car shutdown for 20 mins and restart fixed this and issue hasn't recurred
5 ) PKE randomly refuses to work and starts working after ~10 mins. It seems the codes go out of sync ( pressing the request sensor makes the red led on the remote blink so they seem to be communicating but car refuses to unlock - video shared with mahindra )

edit : Forgot to mention :

1 ) One of the two horns works intermittently. Had shared this with Mahindra during the outstation trip and this was still not replaced when the car went back a week later and was with them for 3 days for the gear shift lever replacement ( no stock ). The horn is yet to be replaced and I have decided to get it replaced during the 10k service ( Mahindra had told me they will come to my house and replace it in a few days but I guess they forgot )
2 ) The petrol tank was replaced as a precaution on my request before the long trip as I had read about a lot of cases of petrol overflowing - there was NO leakage in my vehicle

I wish to highlight that Mahindra service has been very very very nice and helpful. 20/10 for the service and effort. It's a new vehicle and even they are learning.

Last edited by akg7091 : 20th June 2022 at 17:32.
akg7091 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 17:29   #5842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
1 ) Gear shift lever had to be replaced - car was with mahindra for this and audio issue and came back to me after ~3 weeks but the issue came back within 100 odd km on an outstation trip - replaced under warranty post coming back to the city
2 ) Audio jarring - car went to mahindra multiple times and issue was reproducible in all L variants in the service center. Took months of debugging but finally resolved. This was most likely a software issue in AAC decoding ( Mahindra has not shared the exact RCA with me and this is just my guess )
3 ) Locked door ( closed shut properly - no door open alerts in adrenox / car ) swung open on it's own. Hasn't happened again. Captured on hotel CCTV and details shared with Mahindra. Nobody knows how and why it happened but it was scary
4 ) Skyroof refused to close - no debris / dust / any other obstruction. Car shutdown for 20 mins and restart fixed this and issue hasn't recurred
5 ) PKE randomly refuses to work and starts working after ~10 mins. It seems the codes go out of sync ( pressing the request sensor makes the red led on the remote blink so
they seem to be communicating but car refuses to unlock - video shared with mahindra )
Dear akg7091, I absolutely agree with You Tubers and other point of views. May I provide an independent view (if you are not offended)? Just look at the list of issues you have faced so early on in to your ownership. I guess you are forgiving towards Mahindra, which I respect, However, I had a similar experience early on with my Hexa and TML and I was very very unhappy.
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 17:31   #5843
BHPian

Why will I be offended my friend. What you are stating is a fact - the vehicle has faced a lot of issues and I am not an offroad person by a long shot. I drive sedately, mostly using CC and avoid bad roads.

I can't blame the service center guys as they have always been helpful. It's the product that's half baked and should have been tested more by Mahindra. Hopefully these issues are fixed in the cars being produced now
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 18:42   #5844
BHPian

Quote:
. . . A minor update on my xuv700 ( AX7L P AT )

5 ) PKE randomly refuses to work and starts working after ~10 mins. It seems the codes go out of sync ( pressing the request sensor makes the red led on the remote blink so they seem to be communicating but car refuses to unlock - video shared with mahindra )
Would want to share that I have also experienced some of the things you mentioned in our XUV700. The sunroof refuses to close and it's only by pressing the close button quickly and in repeated short bursts that it closes. Off Topic: I also noticed the same issue in my cousin brother's Tata Nexon where his sunroof refused to close despite there being no obstruction. This was where I learnt the trick to close the sunroof in that manner. In my Hyundai Creta, there is no issue with the sunroof but in Nexon and XUV700, I've noticed that it refuses to close sometimes.

Regarding point number 5, I've noticed that only after the driver's seat (welcome function: on) retracts back halfway does the PKE works. When I press the handle at first to close the door, it doesn't budge. Only after the seat has reached the halfway point does the handle work and allows me to lock the car. Other than that, have not experienced any other niggle with the car, thankfully.

Last edited by wadewilson : 20th June 2022 at 18:43. Reason: Changed a few words to make the last sentence more legible.
Old 20th June 2022, 20:30   #5845
BHPian

Dear all.

My car delivery is in next month XUV700 AX7 Luxury automatic diesel.

After reading so many problems I'm very very scared. Should I go ahead with the car or not in the owners opinion? I'm used to maruti, where I visit service center once in 6 to 12 months for servicing only.

Also my car is chauffeur driven, so such issues like sunroof stucking, electronics problem etc will be even big problem as drivers won't have knowledge?

I'm also thinking to look at Scorpio N, but it'll not be great ride quality for city as its BOF

Quote:
A minor update on my xuv700 ( AX7L P AT )

1 ) Gear shift lever had to be replaced

Last edited by niteshsharmab : 20th June 2022 at 20:32.
Old 20th June 2022, 20:32   #5846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
Hi,that is right.Mine is MX variant.Headlight performance is just adequate,nothing to boast about.Please check this photo I clicked in the evening.i will try to click photos in pitch dark to provide better idea.
Adding picture of MX variant headlights.As seen here, it is not bad for halogen lamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220620_202346.jpg  

Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 20:37   #5847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Would want to share that I have also experienced some of the things you mentioned in our XUV700. The sunroof refuses to close and it's only by pressing the close button quickly and in repeated short bursts that it closes. Off Topic: I also noticed the same issue in my cousin brother's Tata Nexon where his sunroof refused to close despite there being no obstruction. This was where I learnt the trick to close the sunroof in that manner. In my Hyundai Creta, there is no issue with the sunroof but in Nexon and XUV700, I've noticed that it refuses to close sometimes.

Regarding point number 5, I've noticed that only after the driver's seat (welcome function: on) retracts back halfway does the PKE works. When I press the handle at first to close the door, it doesn't budge. Only after the seat has reached the halfway point does the handle work and allows me to lock the car. Other than that, have not experienced any other niggle with the car, thankfully.
I face the PKE issue atleast once a week and it happens randomly both while locking and unlocking. The sunroof issue happened only once ( I actually climbed out of the sunroof to see if something's stuck in the rails causing anti pinch to kick in but it was clean. Service center guys told me a few other cars have faced the same issue. There was even a DTC generated by the car which showed some sunroof error at the exact time it got stuck but they cleared it. 4 months and it's not happened again. Main concern is the door just automatically opening ( the handles are motorized ) - this scared me shitless
Old 20th June 2022, 22:51   #5848
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone suggest a good tire inflator which is compatible with XUV 7OO (given that 12V point is given in boot and thus the inflator should have a long wire so as to reach all tires).

Thanks
I am having one Michelin tyre inflator which is good. The chord reaches all the tyres comfortably without folding the second row sits. Only for front left wheel, you need to keep the valve position little back.

MICHELIN 12312 Programmable Rapid 4X4/SUV Digital Tyre Inflator, Direct Drive Technology,0-35PSI-2mins*,Bleed Valve to Remove Excess Air,Adaptors,LED Light, with Carry Pouch https://amzn.eu/d/4znZfMj
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 23:31   #5849

Quote:

I faced similar issue once and Skyroof refused to close despite 20 odd attempts. Rushed to Mahindra A.S.S.

Mahindra Service advisor told me that it was linked to software glitch. It has been resolved post software update. Current version 08.01.41

Been working fine since the update and I have extensively used it post update.
sb13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 05:28   #5850
BHPian

Quote:
I faced similar issue once and Skyroof refused to close despite 20 odd attempts. Rushed to Mahindra A.S.S.

Mahindra Service advisor told me that it was linked to software glitch. It has been resolved post software update. Current version 08.01.41

Been working fine since the update and I have extensively used it post update.
I am unable to digest the reasoning given by the service advisor that the malfunction was due to a software glitch.

I would assume that it would have been working just before it stopped working. If you haven’t updated the software between the time that you last opened the roof, and when it failed, I would expect that the software behaviour should not change. Unless, these guys have embedded some AI that would introduce the glitch, which is a far fetched expectation.

I will hope that some expert can help in comprehending the SA response.

Most Viewed