Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 05:41   #5851

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello everyone
Have a quick question for my fellow BHPians. I came across a person who has booked an XUV700 and has got delivery dates. He doesn't want the vehicle anymore and is ready to pass on the booking to me. I enquired with Mahindra and they said delivery has to be taken in the name of the person who has booked the vehicle. My concern here is that officially I will become a 2nd owner of the car if i get the ownership transferred after delivery.

Do you guys know if booking can be transferred in my name and then i can take delivery and get the vehicle registered in my name?
rohitonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 06:17   #5852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Dear all.

My car delivery is in next month XUV700 AX7 Luxury automatic diesel.

After reading so many problems I'm very very scared. Should I go ahead with the car or not in the owners opinion? I'm used to maruti, where I visit service center once in 6 to 12 months for servicing only.

Also my car is chauffeur driven, so such issues like sunroof stucking, electronics problem etc will be even big problem as drivers won't have knowledge?

I'm also thinking to look at Scorpio N, but it'll not be great ride quality for city as its BOF
1. The general number of problems is not that high. It's manageable. And in most cases Mahindra has addressed the problems well.
2. I have 4 700 owners in my office itself, none of whom have reported any issues so far.
3. There has been literally just one odd incidence of sunroof getting stuck to my knowledge.
4. From the recent scoop, the Scorpio-N has good road manners as well. Someone had shared some leaked info a couple of weeks back. So even if you do switch over, you wouldn't be very disappointed.
5. There is a likelihood of facing an issue with your car with almost any brand. What with VW and their EPS, AC issues, Hyundai/Kia having some injector issues and so on.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 08:06   #5853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Hello everyone
Have a quick question for my fellow BHPians. I came across a person who has booked an XUV700 and has got delivery dates. He doesn't want the vehicle anymore and is ready to pass on the booking to me. I enquired with Mahindra and they said delivery has to be taken in the name of the person who has booked the vehicle. My concern here is that officially I will become a 2nd owner of the car if i get the ownership transferred after delivery.

Do you guys know if booking can be transferred in my name and then i can take delivery and get the vehicle registered in my name?
Its impossible as the invoice can be only raised in Mahindras system on the booking name. This invoice only will be used for RTO registration. Hence there is no possibility of name change before first registration.
Old 21st June 2022, 08:15   #5854

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Its impossible as the invoice can be only raised in Mahindras system on the booking name. This invoice only will be used for RTO registration. Hence there is no possibility of name change before first registration.
Thanks for the clarification
Old 21st June 2022, 09:05   #5855
BHPian

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for giving confidence. I had a VW vento and I swear I'll never buy a VW, their service is worst to say the least.

Sir if you can highlight about the suspension noise in xuv700, does it make the ride uncomfortable and noisy?

Any issues with ADAS you faced? I follow a famous youtuber his brakes failed and had ADAS issues

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
1. The general number of problems is not that high. It's manageable. And in most cases Mahindra has addressed the problems well.
Old 21st June 2022, 10:10   #5856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Thanks for the clarification
I think they only allow it to be transferred to a blood relative after furnishing an affidavit.

Cheers!
Pranay
Old 21st June 2022, 14:33   #5857

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I am unable to digest the reasoning given by the service advisor that the malfunction was due to a software.
Even i had difficult time believing this but SA explained that the sensors were showing some error and when they flashed the error along with new software update the same sensors didn’t show any error. Basically a wrong signal was being sent to car’s brain.

Their is definitely some software component involved in otherwise mechanical working of Skyroof as one can ask Alexa to open it or do it via key fob and also through AdrenoX Connect app.
In all these commands the car’s ECU is involved.
Old 21st June 2022, 14:59   #5858
BHPian

Hi Guys. Need to bounce of some thoughts with this group and get some suggestions.

Context:
I had booked the XUV 7OO AX7L Diesel AT on 8th Oct 2021. I have Day 1 price protection since I had the vehicle in my cart and was unable to complete the booking on 7th Oct. Original time frame for delivery was 9th Aug to 8th Sep 2022.

Last week I got an SMS from Mahindra that my order is under planning. On checking online, the delivery timeline was advanced to 26th Jun to 3rd Jul 2022. The booking is with NBS in Mumbai.

I called up the dealer and they confirmed that these are the dates but that this is an estimate and the actual timeline may differ. Dealer explained the process as follows:
1. Once the car is ready I will get a mail asking me to confirm if I want to take delivery
2. After my confirmation they will give me 10 days or so to arrange the finances.
3. After payment is done, they will have the registered vehicle ready for delivery in a weeks time.

Now this is where it gets interesting.

I obviously told the dealer that I will release payment only when after a PDI. The dealer told me that PDIs at the warehouse have been discontinued - made some vague remarks about no client area availability in the warehouse and COVID. I said you can't deny me a PDI. The dealer said they will arrange a PDI at the showroom which is about 40 KMS one way.

This is where I need some help - in my mind, I would rather that the vehicle not be driven for 80 KMS for a PDI. I am happy to go to the warehouse. I also have family that lives close to the warehouse and suggested that we do a PDI there but the dealer is insisting on PDI at the showroom only.

Anyone else who has booked via NBS Chowpatty or Andheri and has faced a similar issue? I'd be keen to know if there are any other ways to resolve this. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
Old 21st June 2022, 15:08   #5859

Quote:

the suspension noise in xuv700, does it make the ride uncomfortable and noisy?

Any issues with ADAS you faced? I follow a famous Youtuber his brakes failed and had ADAS issues
1. The suspension noise is bearable and ride in itself is very comfortable in most road conditions and driving behaviour. If someone takes the vehicle for granted and drives like maniac(the concerned Youtuber) in bad road conditions then one may face unpleasant ride.
Additionally, adequate tire pressure can be helpful in further enhancing ride quality.

2. ADAS works just fine given our traffic conditions and it is a boon on highways/expressways. The problem lies where people expect it to work like Tesla works in North-American/European road/traffic conditions.

3. Regarding that Youtuber's brake failure, it can be attributed to below par workmanship of that particular Mahindra Service Station who failed to diagnose the issue in time and also to Youtuber's personal driving habits.
He drag-raced in the name of testing limits of the vehicle and took the car on Delhi to Ladakh road-trip while the car was still in run-in period.
In subsequent videos he rammed his brand new Fortuner's underbelly on a sewage drain at high speed while it was raining, night time and road was water clogged during his Mumbai trip(reflects his driving habits). He has managed to somehow break-down a Toyota vehicle also within days of ownership.

It(XUV's brake failure) was single odd event arsing out of various factors involved and doesn't reflect on the build quality of XUV 7OO in general.

I wouldn't take him(Youtuber) seriously.

Last edited by sb13 : 21st June 2022 at 15:21. Reason: Minor spelling error and some added points
sb13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 15:11   #5860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any issues with ADAS you faced? I follow a famous Youtuber his brakes failed and had ADAS issues
I thought the brakes of Explore the unseen 2.0 failed because there were air bubbles in his brake line. Nothing that some careful brake bleeding cannot solve. He also brought up the issue of brake pad wear within 10,000 kilometres

Personally I think he sold it off because
1. There is robust demand for the AX7L AWD version that might taper off after the ScorpioN is released. Meaning, if he ever wanted to sell the time was now, otherwise he would have had to take a depreciation hit
2. His whole chassis was opened and put back together as per his mechanic and he did not want to have a new vehicle that was opened up so soon out of the factory
3. The mileage he was able to get from the vehicle was 7-8 and that did not go down well with his financial planning for his future trips
TheARUN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 15:35   #5861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
1. Once the car is ready I will get a mail asking me to confirm if I want to take delivery
The entire chain of events is accurate. Only thing being you won't get an email but the dealership gets an email when the vehicle is billed and VIN alloted to your booking id. Post dispatch from factory it takes around 7 days to reach Mumbai.

Quote:
The dealer said they will arrange a PDI at the showroom which is about 40 KMS one way.

...I would rather that the vehicle not be driven for 80 KMS for a PDI. I am happy to go to the warehouse.
There could be logistics and personal issues at the stockyard. My dealer was very accommodating and the Salasar stockyard at Panvel had plenty of space. My dealer did mention that the personnel at stockyard are usually busy I might have to wait but I insisted and they managed it for me.

That being said, I had to do the PDI in open under scorching heat, it's wasn't very pleasant since the PDI took more than an hour. Now that it's monsoon, I'd recommend you go with the dealer's advice and perform the PDI at dealership in a much more comfortable environment. The 40km drive doesn't matter cause anyway post payment, they would have to drive it down from stockyard to dealership for delivery.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 21st June 2022 at 15:38.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 15:54   #5862
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone else who has booked via NBS Chowpatty or Andheri and has faced a similar issue? I'd be keen to know if there are any other ways to resolve this. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
I am in the same boat. Had booked on 8th Oct via NBS Chowpatty. Car is now at the RTO formalities stage. They did not agree to a PDI at their stockyard at Mumbra, they had a ready list of excuses. They asked me to pay the ex-showroom price (without looking at the car) and then do a PDI. I obviously declined to do so.

The only compromise we could reach was that I paid 2 lakhs, they in turn got the car to their Andheri showroom and I completed the PDI over there. They have agreed to keep the car at Andheri and not send it back to Mumbra. Have noted down the odometer reading to validate if they have kept their promise.

I was quite surprised since this is a company owned showroom. In contrast my experience with Linkway Honda a decade ago was very smooth, they arranged the PDI in a very hassle free manner. NBS Mahindra was in no mood to budge.

Looking forward to delivery sometime next week.
eagles_ts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 16:08   #5863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb13 View Post
Even i had difficult time believing this but SA explained that the sensors were showing some error and when they flashed the error along with new software update the same sensors didn’t show any error. Basically a wrong signal was being sent to car’s brain.

Their is definitely some software component involved in otherwise mechanical working of Skyroof as one can ask Alexa to open it or do it via key fob and also through AdrenoX Connect app.
In all these commands the car’s ECU is involved.
Thanks. I can vaguely appreciate the need if sensors are in the picture.

Still wondering what kind of sensors are associated with it though, my perception being the roof operation should be similar to the power windows.

The only thing that comes to my mind is the anti pinch, but that’s an old feature and I haven’t heard of software update for such a feature.

Hoping that the sunroof has anti pinch feature.
Old 21st June 2022, 16:18   #5864
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys. Need to bounce of some thoughts with this group and get some suggestions.

I faced the same issue with NBS Andheri. My car was delivered to their Mumbra stockyard on 1st Feb and I insisted on a PDI without which I would not pay a single penny. They dragged this over email approvals for two weeks and I was fed up with their excuses and finally raised social network escalations with Mahindra leadership. They still did not agree to a PDI at their stockyard but agreed to bring my car to their showroom for a PDI and assured of keeping it safe till delivery. Did a detailed PDI, ODO showed 90KM, found no plastic covers and many dirty spots. Overall not a very good experience and hence PDI is MUST! Finally got delivery on 1st March, though am really happy with the car.
k_gpatel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 16:25   #5865
BHPian

Quote:

This is exactly what I did. Although I had made part payment, they said if I can reject the car after the PDI is done at the showroom.

The team is far better than any other showroom from the posts on Team-bhp.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks