Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 18:52   #6601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Found one useful trick to play Youtube videos in the Android Auto screen.
I have tried it as well, the video playback works even while the car is on the move. Hope it helps those who need it.

sridhar24 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 19:05   #6602

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Yes, I did get a similar call. It's nothing but a scam call. Kindly avoid.
This somehow scares me. It means that my personal information and booking information has been leaked/sold to a third-party scammer by M&M (unlikely) or by the dealer (highly likely)!

Is this a specific city thing or have people noticed it across cities?
Old 22nd August 2022, 19:34   #6603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Found one useful trick to play Youtube videos in the Android Auto screen.
Unfortunately this works only for phones with older/specific Android/AA versions. This won't work with newer Android Auto versions, the app simply won't show up. You can get around it by downgrading or rooting but it's too much of an hassle as Google actively keeps blocking such apps.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:49   #6604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
This is how it is because MnM always tunes its AT gearboxes to maximise driveability and not upshift at the earliest point to maximise FE. The power availability on tap is given priority.

Completely normal, even when using manual mode, I don't think the ECU would let you upshift sooner than it would itself. It's just fine
Yes I know, but this is an easy fix if they give a city/eco driving mode. A lot of people will be satisfied with it.
I was able to manually upshift after the engine hit 2.2K & the torque delivery was better. Also the GB holds higher revs mostly in 2 nd gear, sometimes in third, but never in 1st.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Excuse me for being unaware of terrain, but this trip included hill drive as well and what percent of total trip?
Sorry for not specifying. It was a 700 Km trip, with 100 odd kms in the hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Thanks for sharing the experience and wish you many happy miles

Couldn't help but notice that you got the delivery within a month of booking! How did you manage that? Any pointers if you don't mind sharing.
While I did not specify it, your guess is right. I booked on 8th Jan & got delivery on 24 Feb.
I did not do anything out of the ordinary. I booked online even without visiting the dealership.
However I was diligent in calling the dealership twice a week to remind them I will happily take delivery for any cancellation. So when there was a cancellation, they gave me a call & I paid money immediately after PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I think you misread OP's post. He has mentioned vehicle was Jan manufactured and he got delivery in Feb & has not mentioned about the booking date/month.
I don't know how but Aviator_guy was correct in his guess.
nickelniks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 22:20   #6605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Unfortunately this works only for phones with older/specific Android/AA versions. This won't work with newer Android Auto versions, the app simply won't show up. You can get around it by downgrading or rooting but it's too much of an hassle as Google actively keeps blocking such apps.
Not very sure on the specific Android Auto versions, but I'm using a Samsung S20, with Android 12 and Android Auto version 7.8.622514. It's working flawlessly, and i have to say the videos look very sharp and crisp on high resolution screen of XUV700

Initially it did not download the Fermata Auto app through the AAAD app, but upon multiple trials finally I could download and install without an issue. Best part is no need of debug or developer mode and rooting.
sridhar24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 23:41   #6606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
This somehow scares me. It means that my personal information and booking information has been leaked/sold to a third-party scammer by M&M (unlikely) or by the dealer
I have seen a huge increase in spam and hoax calls since I got the car, in Bangalore. There are two many parties involved, like registration, fasttag, loan etc. who has access to your details. On an average I get two spam calls, while I used to get almost none earlier. Mainly two types - 'As you got an XUV700, there's an event at hotel X', or 'We are calling from Y foundation'.

Your number associated with a 20L car is a good filter for spammers. Unfortunately neither the Trai DND app or Airtel are effective!
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 00:28   #6607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
In that case you should get the service centre to diagnose the issue.
Cheers!
I already did in the first service, explained to them everything, and all they told me was, that they'll try to reproduce the issue since it isn't happening in their tests at the time (over the call when the car was already warmed up enough) but they'll just reflash the gear box software once anyway.

That did not seem to solve anything as of now.

I'll probably go again myself once to explain them in person in the next service.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 01:59   #6608
BHPian

Loved this line -

Other thoughts
- I feel I have become a much more responsible driver after driving a bigger car. I no longer cut across lanes & prefer to drive in my own lane at a safe distance. The moment I see a rash drivers come close in the mirror, I give them space to overtake.

I have myself become a relaxed driving after getting Thar and I have test driven the XUV The 700 Petrol Manual's 200 horsepower will make you smile broadly. When our own in-house Manufacturers create anything of this nature, it is fascinating.

I hope your XUV700 brings you a lot of joy.
swunkjyn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:10   #6609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post

Is this a specific city thing or have people noticed it across cities?
This isn't a city-specific thing. People are getting calls across the country. The data leak has happened at Mahindra End and not at a dealer level. Some employee at the data center level has shared/ sold this database to scammers.

Mahindra should put a greater emphasis on data security and put a data privacy policy in place.
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:50   #6610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Yes I know, but this is an easy fix if they give a city/eco driving mode. A lot of people will be satisfied with it.
I was able to manually upshift after the engine hit 2.2K & the torque delivery was better. Also the GB holds higher revs mostly in 2 nd gear, sometimes in third, but never in 1st.
I don't know why the Petrol doesn't get the eco drive mode. The holding of 2 gear behaviour is to do with the engagement of the lockup clutch. You feel the lag with the fluid coupling in the TC, once the lockup engages, its smooth and fast.
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:48   #6611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I have got it customized at an upholstery store named Car Stylein, Gurgaon. I will be updating details about this as well as other modifications in a new thread by end of this week. (Moderators forgot to multiquote this one. Kindly update)
That upholstery work looks sick! Do share more pictures or a detailed thread on the work.
heartbreakkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 18:56   #6612

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
Hi Guys, I have booked the AX5 Petrol AT 5 seater. I booked it directly at the dealer and they mentioned that they will update it at the website. While i can now see my booking at the website, the status is 'Order Confirmed'. Haven't seen a status like this in most of the screen shots that i have seen. Also i don't have that button that says 'Track my Order'.

Any thoughts?
Hello Friends, I got an SMS today saying my AX7 Petrol AT has moved to "Order under planning" and ETA moved from original Apr-May 2024 to Jul-Aug 2023! Can anyone share their experiences of how much time does it take from "Order under Planning" to delivery? Will it indeed take about an year for my delivery or will it happen much earlier? TIA!
ved_p_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 20:56   #6613
BHPian

Has Mahindra changed specs for MX/AX3/AX5 and added Cruise Control feature in them? The 360 degree view now shows cruise control on the steering wheel. Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-steering.jpg
Old 23rd August 2022, 23:14   #6614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Has Mahindra changed specs for MX/AX3/AX5 and added Cruise Control feature in them? The 360 degree view now shows cruise control on the steering wheel. Attachment 2349922
There must be some issues with the site. I just checked with AX5 model and the CC part is not there.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220823230633_chrome.jpg  

Soumya21me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 00:54   #6615
BHPian

Hey fellow XUV owners,

I am taking delivery of a Petrol AX5 AT in a couple of days, while it's a complete value for money proposition, missing out on electronically folding ORVMs and leatherette upholstery is a big miss in my opinion (besides the damn reverse camera! Went ahead with the updated reverse camera from Mahindra, will share feedback).

I wanted your recommendations on good quality beige leatherette seat covers in Delhi NCR. Also, I have seen on YouTube a couple of shops in Karol Bagh are adding the AX7 ORVMs for ~15,000 to the AX5 to enable electrical folding, is this a safe bet and worthy investment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks