Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2022, 19:33   #6526
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

How are you guys getting updates on your delivery dates? Do you guys do some follow-up? Mine has not changed since the beginning. I booked on Jan 3rd, 2022 and website still shows Sept 26th 2023 since then!
Old 17th August 2022, 23:28   #6527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I will totally freak out if you say you booked at Anant cars Bannerghatta Road
India Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
How are you guys getting updates on your delivery dates? Do you guys do some follow-up? Mine has not changed since the beginning. I booked on Jan 3rd, 2022 and website still shows Sept 26th 2023 since then!
No specific follow up. Not with Mahindra atleast. Was in touch with my SA. But to give them their due, even they didn't know much about the allocations.
The SMS from Mahindra was pretty much out of the blue.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 23:40   #6528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hello everyone, I'm sure i must be the thousandth person to ask this question but here I go
How long does the car take to arrive after it has been allotted?
10-15 days. Depends. Stay in touch with your SA. They'll assist you better with the timeline and further updates. Don't just rely on the site.

There have been times when the site would lag behind while the car is already at the stockyard and vice versa.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 12:59   #6529
BHPian

Quote:
I got an out of office response from Asha Kharga, so you may want to try the customer care email. I was able to get a response from them,
Yup, I sent an email to Asha Kharga yesterday and copied the CC on that email. Didn't get any out of office response though.
Mjbharat4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 18:25   #6530
BHPian

So Koncept sector 2 NOIDA gave it to me in writing on my booking form that the price-locked AX5 D MT 15.6L Ex-Showroom would be applicable at the time of delivery since my case was that of an 'add-to-cart' scenario, but with failed checkout during the flash sale.

In fact, before I went to the showroom, I was called by them promising the same if I proceed with offline booking due to the chaos on launch day.

Today, I am told by them that 15.6 doesn't apply and they're trying to palm off the current ex-showroom price of vaguely 17.2L.

What does one do - remember that they gave it to me in writing and signed and stamped the same. How does one go about fixing this/them?
wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 18:55   #6531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
So Koncept sector 2 NOIDA gave it to me in writing on my booking form that the price-locked AX5 D MT 15.6L Ex-Showroom would be applicable at the time of delivery since my case was that of an 'add-to-cart' scenario, but with failed checkout during the flash sale.

In fact, before I went to the showroom, I was called by them promising the same if I proceed with offline booking due to the chaos on launch day.

Today, I am told by them that 15.6 doesn't apply and they're trying to palm off the current ex-showroom price of vaguely 17.2L.

What does one do - remember that they gave it to me in writing and signed and stamped the same. How does one go about fixing this/them?
The mail from Mahindra confirming the booking (with the OTF details) had a line “You will be happy to know that for your booking the price that prevailed on 7th Oct will be applicable”. Didn’t you get this mail ?
Old 18th August 2022, 19:51   #6532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
The mail from Mahindra confirming the booking (with the OTF details) had a line “You will be happy to know that for your booking the price that prevailed on 7th Oct will be applicable”. Didn’t you get this mail ?
No. No such email. Ideas are welcome..
Old 18th August 2022, 23:53   #6533
BHPian

Hey guys,

Confused about purchase of the XUV 700.

I had booked the XUV 700 A7L AWD Diesel version in Feb 2022.

I was given a delivery date of Nov 2023 and honestly I was very comfortable with the date. We don’t need a car right away and we wanted to explore other options also.

Meanwhile my wife suddenly has an affinity towards electric cars and I suggested the MG ZS EV. Only problem is charging infrastructure in my building is nonexistent ( lets not discuss on that, it’s a work in progress )

So we were mentally ready to wait for 9-12 months for the purchase of our new car.

Also I have been hearing XUV being delivered without all the promised features. So I was happy I wasn’t buying one now.

Suddenly today I got a call saying that the person ahead of me has not confirmed his booking and I can get my car in 15 days.

On further inquiry the Sales guy confirmed that that dynamic turn indicator feature is missing and would be installed in 3-6 months. He also wasn’t able to confirm if apple carplay is available or not.

I am really confused what to do. Should I wait the period out and buy the car once things have settled? What if there is a price increase? Or should I buy the car now and deal with the situation like everyone else is?

Should I buy an electric car? This car is used by my wife for her daily commute to office. Approx 30-35 kms a day in full-fledged Mumbai traffic. I also drive an X3 so for my wife buying an SUV was not an absolute requirement. She just liked the car a lot.

I am really confused and would appreciate suggestions on this situation. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th August 2022 at 09:03. Reason: typo
Old 19th August 2022, 03:24   #6534
BHPian

Quote:
Start from the bottom. Talk to the dealership's GM. See if he is able to resolve the issue.

If not, reach out to Mahindra and ASM. Tweet to Mahindra. Most likely the issue at this point will be resolved.

If they too don't resolve it then the next step is to file a grievance with the consumer helpline (google it, you'll reach the consumer affairs gov. portal) (takes a few mins, explain the matter and attach your proof). It'll take time but emails will start going out to the company, dealership, etc. from the consumer helpline's end to respond to your issue and by this time, they'll know you aren't just another customer who will let go and they should come up with solutions to solve this matter.

Your last option is to actually take this matter to consumer court (provided you have all the written proofs with you). While it'll take time for this but you'll most likely get justice for sure. However, I highly doubt you would have to take this route as most definitely your issue should be resolved in one of the above steps as no company or dealership would want it dragged further or taken to court.

While you're at it, make sure to keep your communications via email as much as possible and everything documented properly with the dealer or the company. Don't just take things verbally, put everything in writing (You've already done a good job getting it in writing, that is solid proof already).

P.S. Don't give up. I can tell you from my personal experience, that if you're serious enough, you'll win this. Good luck!
Smartomotive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 06:41   #6535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Hey guys,

Confused about purchase of the XUV 700.

Should I buy an electric car ? This car is used by my wife for her daily commute to office. Approx 30-35 kms a day in full fledged Mumbai traffic. I also drive a X3 so for my wife buying an SUV was not an absolute requirement. She just liked the car a lot.

I am really confused and would appreciate suggestions on this situation. Thank you in advance.
Since you say, the EV charging infra in your building is non-existent, unless you find another place for charging (say, your wife's office or a private charging station nearby), it appears a non-practical option.

AX7L AWD - No feature drop in this model. Mahindra is promising (in writing) customers it will be installed at a later date. CarPlay - Posts from this forum and other sources indicate, it might already be in Beta testing with some users. Should be available soon. IMHO, these shouldn't influence your NO GO decision.

Since your wife liked the car very much and in a lucky turn of events, you are getting it early, this car might be your destiny .
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 11:10   #6536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Should I buy an electric car? This car is used by my wife for her daily commute to office. Approx 30-35 kms a day in full-fledged Mumbai traffic. I also drive an X3 so for my wife buying an SUV was not an absolute requirement. She just liked the car a lot.
Going purely by your wife's requirements an electric would be the correct choice. Try to get the charging infra set at your residence. If it turns out to be impossible then I'd say drop the electric plan, buying an electric car and relying solely on public charging infra will backfire sooner or later.

Even if you decide to drop the EV plan, the XUV700 isn't really fun in Mumbai traffic, it's far too big. I'd suggest your wife to take a long-ish test drive of the XUV700 in Mumbai traffic and then decide if it works for her as a daily driver.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 11:13   #6537

Hi All,

Just wanted to share - so my XUV700 is up for the 1st service now - I got a call from the dealer and I said yeah sure, please get the car collected and they said the pick-up and drop is chargeable, Rs 180 each way!

I mean it's a trivial amount but you would ideally expect this service to be given, I have a Maruti Dzire too and I have never paid any pick-up/drop-off charges in 3.5 years. The dealer/showroom is President Motors, Surat.

They forced me to buy insurance from them and said that the quote is lower from external providers because we have to give service also

Quote:
I am not sure how the algorithm works, but I know it is not optimum. Cause, I booked the exact same model (AX7L P AT - Midnight Black) on March 10, but there hasn't been any updates on the website (stuck at Dec 2023).
The only other variable I can think of is the colour; Midnight Black is harder to get? @MarutiGuy1977 what's your colour?
I think the Luxury variants usually take more time, I booked AX7 P MT - Midnight Black on 16 April 2022 and got it on 30 June 2022.

Last edited by bblost : 19th August 2022 at 11:17. Reason: back to back.
ishaan_999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 11:18   #6538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Search your email (including Spam) and SMS for any such confirmation message of price protection directly from M&M. Every customer who had the price protection have received this sort of message. In case you can find such a message, show it to the SA and the matter would be resolved.

In case you have not received any such message (I am assuming from your post that the showroom gave it to you in writing), then you can only explain the reasons and facts and request to Mr. Anand Mahindra to provide the price protection as promised by their dealer in writing. You can easily use Twitter to make a representation to Mr. Mahindra.

Last edited by Sommos : 19th August 2022 at 11:19.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 11:56   #6539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaan_999 View Post
Hi All,
I think the Luxury variants usually take more time, I booked AX7 P MT - Midnight Black on 16 April 2022 and got it on 30 June 2022.
Yes, you are right. But @MarutiGuy1977 has booked a month later than me and the same variant, same colour and same city and yet he has got an earlier delivery date. (@MarutiGuy1977, no hard feelings hope both of us get the car soon ). I have seen a few more similar instances.
Customer Service had this to say about the algorithm: "M&M has partnered with one of the top 3 global consulting companies to devise and implement an algorithm-based process to help in planning deliveries"

But clearly it is not working as intended.
amahale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 12:14   #6540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Search your email (including Spam) and SMS for any such confirmation message of price protection directly from M&M........

..... then you can only explain the reasons and facts and request to Mr. Anand Mahindra to provide the price protection as promised by their dealer in writing. You can easily use Twitter to make a representation to Mr. Mahindra.
Thanks much!
I'm not very conversant with Twitter - may I have the handle I should reach out to?

1. No such comms from Mahindra direct.
2. The dealer is responsible. Why promise a lie? I see the dealer as solely responsible. Shame on them. Booking day I got a whiff of it and thus I took in writing with the dealer's stamp on it. I'll give them until this evening to get this sorted out.
3. I expect Mahindra HQ to go nil profit on this and for them to enforce the dealer to follow suit. That's an ideal world. Frankly, I don't see why Mahindra HQ should care less. In which case legal it is.

M&M cannot:
1. Have its dealers fib blatantly.
2. Collect potfulls of money even though a vehicle is backorder by over a years production capacity. All other manufactures freeze bookings for the year in such cases. Over 3 lakh open bookings for their bestsellers? That's a lot of money. Where are the regulators?
3. Provide zero appreciation on the booking amounts. Aren't wallets like paytm also prohibited from profiting on wallet balance? Furthermore you lose capital as they remove features if you don't want a compromised deal come delivery day!
4. Renege on commitments so as to cause mental frustration, capital loss, other missed opportunities, etc. In which industry does such behavior go uncorrected? The govt looks out for such scenarios and I pay more than my fair share of taxes.

I've had sour experiences with M&M holidays (we're in a legal tussle right now) and now the noida Koncept dealership. I've booked scorpios at guaranteed launch prices at Harbir, chandigarh, so I really don't care what comes of my relationship with Koncept right now.

This is besides the poor delivery experience and their 10k 'incidental' charges for delivering a diesel vehicle with no fuel and ill-fitting accessories, paint damage, and billing for not-installed-at-the-time 'mandatory accessories'.

Koncept will not learn. I guess I'll have to bring out the Twitter / legal whip
wooka is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks