Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2022, 14:53   #6376
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypoint View Post
Update on my booking, which was done in 2nd Half of April 2022. The order status had been showing for about 3 months in Order under Planning state but now it is being changed to Vehicle at dealership - an unbelievable state change given the mention of 92 weeks ETA in the booking docket. More so after recalling the facial expression of dislike shown by manager of my SA when the boss was informed about variant being AWD.

If the status is true, though it feels like a won lottery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabharish77 View Post
Hello,

Something similar happened to me, I booked AX7L D AT Red Rage on the first week of May, 2022. Initial delivery timeline was around Dec 23 - Jan 24.
Now this seems to have moved up and the website says production under planning and delivery date is August 2022. I am ready to take delivery of the car ,but the car seems to be stuck on "production under planning stage". I have not been contacted by the dealership.
Have you tried contacting your SA? and what does your Booking Tracker say?

Thanks
You guys really have won a lottery. I booked AX7L P AT Black in early March 2022. There is no change in my booking tracker, it still says Nov-Dec 2023.
Even more so given the fact that Petrol variants are supposedly easier to get. And I am ready to take the vehicle and have asked my SA repeatedly to prioritize my booking (if at all something like that is possible)

My dealer is Anant cars, Bannerghatta RD, Bangalore. Which are yours?
amahale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 15:43   #6377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post

What concerns me is a sound from the rear which comes while reversing or moving at crawl speeds. It's like a big football is moving around in the boot, hitting the insides each time I brake and creating a DHUB-DHUB sound. Is anyone else hearing this sound? I will get it checked during my next visit to the service centre.
Well looks like I am not crazy, same DHUB-DHUB sound is being heard while moving and breaking in slow speeds.
I had AX7 D MT delivered early July and recently I have given it for first service and then I observed the issue. As other Bhpian mentioned I had filled the tank more than 70% and you can feel that something is on loose in the boot or back seat. Worst part is you can feel the sound from the armrests and seats

And its amazing to see few folks achieving 16-17 KMPL MID mileage for D MT, I have driven 1200kms till now and the best I got is 13.6 MID on a highway. City drives are around 11-12 KMPL on MID. Hope it improves overtime.

But everything said, XUV 7OO is a hoot to drive.
RachhaMan10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:52   #6378
PKH
BHPian

Should be taking the delivery of my car next week after registration. Two things that disappointed me are

1. Omission in feature - Sequential indicator missing in AX7 L AT AWD even though the website still states it’s there the vehicle does not have it.

2. Change in cost for extended warranty changed from 27139 to 43541 changed in 2 weeks.

And only 1 key for the next 4 months thats fine with me as long as they do provide me with one without any additional cost.
PKH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:46   #6379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
You guys really have won a lottery. I booked AX7L P AT Black in early March 2022. There is no change in my booking tracker, it still says Nov-Dec 2023.
Even more so given the fact that Petrol variants are supposedly easier to get. And I am ready to take the vehicle and have asked my SA repeatedly to prioritize my booking (if at all something like that is possible)

I have also booked AX7L P AT Midnight Black on Jan 3rd, 2022. Original delivery date said Aug-Sept 2023 and that has not changed till date. I reached out to customer care and below is their response:

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd!

The ongoing pandemic situation continues to throw challenges in relation to chip/semiconductor supplies globally. This has also impacted us and other brands. We shall do our best to deliver your vehicle.

However, the current CPM of your booked vehicle is September 2023. Having said that, if the situation improves, the supplies may also get better. We will keep you updated, regarding any developments in the future.

Please bear with us in the meanwhile.

Thanks & Regards,

Xxxxxxxxx
Customer Care-Automotive Division
GPJ_23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:11   #6380
BHPian

I have a Dec 2021 model and I do not have this issue of suspension sound which many of the members have reported. The only irritant is the soft thud noise while the diesel tank is full.
zeus_700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:13   #6381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabharish77 View Post
Hello,
====
I have not been contacted by the dealership.
Have you tried contacting your SA? and what does your Booking Tracker say?

Thanks
Mine is still under order under planning, i haven't contacted my SA yet as i haven't figured my finances because of the new timeline. I am waiting for SA to reach back to me. If its pushed to December, i will be able to buy it or will need to rebook.
Wakeupsid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:32   #6382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Mine is still under order under planning, i haven't contacted my SA yet as i haven't figured my finances because of the new timeline. I am waiting for SA to reach back to me.
Thanks for the reply. I contacted the Mahindra sales manager yesterday and he too was confused at this. He said he would look into it and get back, and when i checked the status today it was back to 2023 August. It's an error i guess. Haven't spoken about the status change to him yet.
Sabharish77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 21:45   #6383
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
Well Worst part is you can feel the sound from the armrests and seats
But everything said, XUV 7OO is a hoot to drive.
I too can feel the thud-dhub on the armrest. This should not happen because there are baffle tanks inside the tank to avoid splashing of fluid while moving around. Now that we know the issue, I'll escalate it to Mahindra through the service centre during my next visit.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 22:11   #6384

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post

Mine is CAI Coimbatore. This is bug/system error i suppose. I had contacted my dealership yesterday and today the delivery date has changed from August 2022 to August 2023 :( .
I believe waiting periods will reduce significantly ,now that the chip shortage has eased and many have switched to Scorpio N.
Sabharish77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 23:50   #6385

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Whether XUV700 AX3 Petrol AT (5 seater) has the following features:

1. ESC or ESP,
ESP is present in all automatic variants as per the official brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV700 Brochure-Vertical.pdf (5.69 MB, 173 views)
Car Stalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 01:26   #6386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
I have an April manufactured car and as far as I can tell I don't face the suspension noise everyone seems to be so worried about. I have seen a couple of videos where the noise seemed a lot sharper, but in my case the sound is a more of a muted thud and felt normal for a suspension setup.
That's really wonderful. I mean, this car is so well thought out. Barring the sliding middle row and ventilated seats. All the rest is just about perfect. I have given up on auto dimming IRVM.
To be honest this car is comparable to an X3, so the value one gets at more than half the price is phenomenal. I am so looking forward to the mid life update, whenever it comes. Surely, all these issues should get resolved in that one. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
Please take a proper test drive of ScorpioN before finalizing. I had 2 test drives before cancelling ScorpioN, where I noticed constant body movements not only on bad roads but even on good city roads. It doesn't fit my needs as a daily driver.
Well, honestly, I m still waiting for a test drive of 4WD diesel automatic. I have heard 4WD has stiffer suspension. I want to see how stiff.

This can go both ways. Just stiff enough to partially mask little body movements of the 2WD, or much stiffer, providing a jarry low speed ride.
I would hope, it would be the former. I believe it should be the former.

My current Scorpio (2014-15) was a great improvement on the OG Scorpio, with relatively controlled body movements on the highway. And ScorpioN is a generation or two ahead of that. I could feel it from it's first test drive.

Wife gave thumbs up to ScorpioN who used to call my Scorpio, "Dabba". That's a big deal as I had thought I would need more convincing to switch from 7OO to N.

Coming back to what you felt during your drive. I am very surprised because even people who drive current gen Fortuner, absolutely loved the driving behavior of the ScorpioN. These are general public, and not influencers, youtubers or reviewers. By the way, what car do you drive from which you compared.

Yes, I already read Poitive's exhaustive comments on his thread. Very informative. In the end, one chooses what works for oneself. Imagine, my dad and I were set on the Innova in 2014, but after back to back test drives bought the Scorpio. Loved it ever since. And it has been supremely reliable for it's part.
fazalmirza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 06:41   #6387

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Worked on fixing a Dashcam in my XUV700 AX7 model. If any of you are looking to hardwire it then FYI - please use f19 for red (vcc) and f47 for yellow (acc). This is the best working combination that allows you to enable parking surveillance.
Can you please suggest which fuse should be taken off to disable the inbuilt wireless charger mine being an AX7L Model. Actually, with the extremely slow speed of charging & overheating issues, the charger is no good! Atleast disabling it will help me utilise the space for storage 😅
rish_shish137 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 11:18   #6388
BHPian

On delivery date the best thing is to check with you Dealer, they have a different date.
Like in my case AX7 D MT (booked on 5th Feb) the date as per website is August 2023, but the dealer tells me that as per his system it is Jan 2023.
He further mentioned that there are X amount of customers before me and i should get the vehicle before end of this year hopefully.
W@SIM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 11:55   #6389
BHPian

Is there a dedicated XUV700 niggles thread ?

The 'torque distribution' view on my July-manufactured AX7L AWD shows no torque going to the rear wheel even when I put it in AWD lock mode.

Has anyone else experienced this ?
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 16:52   #6390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_shish137 View Post
Can you please suggest which fuse should be taken off to disable the inbuilt wireless charger😅
The fuse for wireless charging is shared with the USB charging dock (according to Mahindra cotek at Chandigarh) and should not be disabled. What you can do is you can remove the rubber mat then unscrew the wireless charger and unplug the cable.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700wcm.jpg  

sunilsoft is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks