Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 11:27   #6436
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
No CarPlay has really started to get annoying now, more so cause Mahindra (or Bosch?) keep missing their deadlines
The latest miss is after their customer care confirmed to someone on twitter via DM that Aug 10 is the date. I have hard from folks, they have even received emails from customer care with the same date.

See this,
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-dmwyh.png  

Old 10th August 2022, 16:46   #6437

Mahindra id really struggling with CarPlay. Also will happen like the old school pen drive flashing way. Why do they even have the OTA option ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220810-4.43.32-pm.jpeg  

Old 10th August 2022, 16:55   #6438
BHPian

I had booked an AX5 AT Petrol in May 2022 and it showed a delivery of March 2023. I changed it subsequently to an AX7 AT Diesel with AWD as i preferred AWD on the same booking id.

My problem is that the https://auto.mahindra.com/ website is no longer showing the delivery date of the AX7 and its been 3 weeks even after it shows the updated car change!

The dealer is saying that now onwards, the website will NOT show any delivery date and he will keep me posted. There is no "Track My Booking" option showing up

Has anyone else experienced this? Please do advise as i am concerned on what to do next.

Thanks

Last edited by originalamit : 10th August 2022 at 16:57.
Old 10th August 2022, 17:44   #6439
BHPian

Was at the service center today for my 1st service - Apple car play is still not available and the feedback to my "football in the boot issue" was that other owners have complained too and there is no resolution to it yet - they are hoping for a recall to fix from the company.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:15   #6440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
It's like a big football is moving around in the boot, hitting the insides each time
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Let me guess, this happens in 2nd gear at around 27-28 kmph and feels like a dog trying to shake off water.
Welcome me to "football in the boot" and "dog shaking water" group after about thousand kms on odometer

Hats off to the minute observations of @sbm & @roadrunner_nv

Last edited by MissionManali : 10th August 2022 at 18:18.
MissionManali is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:57   #6441
BHPian

Anybody able to get the "in-home Alexa" functionality working ? When I try to link the account an xml error code happens. Have shown this to Mahindra CC / Dealership team dozens of times over the past 9 months but no go. Having in home alexa functionality work properly would enable me to switch on my bedroom AC on the way back home from office seemlessly.
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 22:26   #6442
BHPian

Really missing the CarPlay. The new problem in AdrenoX is it has become too slow to respond. When I press the phone button in the steering it takes almost 15 seconds to load the dialler screen. Annoying to the core.

Hoping to get the CarPlay sooner. Checked with the service center and those guys say they are even pressurising Mahindra with complaints on a daily basis.

Football in the boot - has started to hear as music to my ears
Old 11th August 2022, 03:08   #6443

Booking Date - 8th of Oct 2021 (Introductory Price Protection)
Model - AX7 L D AT AWD
Billed (Invoiced) - 31-Jul-2022
Online Status - "Vehicle at Dealership" since last 10-11 days.
Expected Delivery - 2nd to 9th Aug 22 (Now this date has been removed today)

And there's no info about my vehicles whereabouts. Neither the customer care nor the Dealership has any reliable info. Even contacted ASM, and even he doesn't have clear picture of my vehicle's estimate delivery date.

Whereas there are people such as these, who booked in Feb 22, same variant, and got it Delivered in Jul.

I don't know how to make sense out of all this.

Anyone here with a similar experience?

I am from Nasik btw, the usual trend here is that once the vehicle is billed (invoiced), it reaches the dealership within 2-3 days. (From Chakan Plant, Pune)

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220811-3.05.47-am.png
Old 11th August 2022, 07:04   #6444

It has been 2 months with the XUV 700 now for me. I bought the AX7L diesel model and the car keeps mesmerising me. The car never goes short on power at any speed. With the monsoon being heavier than normal, the places in and around Pune have looked beautiful and this car has taken me to places where I was unable to earlier with my Ford Figo.
Few observations which I wanted to share with fellow BHPians.
1. The fast USB charger in the front does not work as expected. I checked with the service station guys and they keep on telling it is as expected. The fast charger Infact works slower than a normal USB charger. The type C charger at the rear works as a fast charger.
2. The rear AC vent does not always through cool air. Have now got it checked twice at service station, but still do not have any resolution.
3. The driver door does not need to open with key fob, if you have the key in pocket then by pushing the door handle it automatically opens, I surprisingly found this feature. Earlier I used to find this in creta and not in XUV 700. But this works well in 700 as well.

If anyone of you have faced problems similar to point 1 and 2, Kindly let me know.
kanshekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 08:41   #6445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanshekh View Post
2. The rear AC vent does not always through cool air. Have now got it checked twice at service station, but still do not have any resolution.
Happens in my vehicle as well. Usually when temp is set to anything other than 'Lo'.
vaibhav27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 09:35   #6446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
I've installed 3M RE70 which has 47% heat rejection. I've installed on all glasses of the car including the wind shield
Doesn't putting sunfilm on the windshield affect the effectiveness of ADAS? Or am I missing something here?

Last edited by Aditya : 13th August 2022 at 04:50. Reason: Quote tag fixed
niranjan.mulye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:14   #6447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Anybody able to get the "in-home Alexa" functionality working ? When I try to link the account an xml error code happens. Have shown this to Mahindra CC / Dealership team dozens of times over the past 9 months but no go. Having in home alexa functionality work properly would enable me to switch on my bedroom AC on the way back home from office seemlessly.
Try Checking the Default permission under App Infor for AdrenoX Connect App. "Open Supported Links" and Supported web addresses both must be allowed.

I lodged the complaint for same issue on the Android App Store and got a call from their App development team to get this sorted.
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 12:15   #6448
BHPian

Quote:
1. The fast USB charger in the front does not work as expected. I checked with the service station guys and they keep on telling it is as expected. The fast charger Infact works slower than a normal USB charger. The type C charger at the rear works as a fast charger.
Have you tried using the charging cable which came with the phone? Charging speed can also depend on the cable. Some poor quality cables will not work as expected.
I haven't tried it in the car as I haven't got mine yet . But have had bad charging experience with poor quality chargers/cables.
Old 11th August 2022, 12:24   #6449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few observations which I wanted to share with fellow BHPians.
3. The driver door does not need to open with key fob, if you have the key in pocket then by pushing the door handle it automatically opens, I surprisingly found this feature. Earlier I used to find this in creta and not in XUV 700. But this works well in 700 as well.

If anyone of you have faced problems similar to point 1 and 2, Kindly let me know.
Regarding point 1 I too agree if you are referring to the charging port apart from the one used for Android Auto. That port is utterly slow in charging the phone. But haven't bothered asking service guys as I normally plug in the phone for Android Auto.

The point 2, I'll make sure to check with my family members this time as i do not normally sit in the back at all in my car.

As for point 3, I too was pleasantly surprised at this feature when i discovered it accidentally. I used to think the car is sorely missing the request button for key less entry
Old 11th August 2022, 13:43   #6450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
Online Status - "Vehicle at Dealership" since last 10-11 days.

And there's no info about my vehicles whereabouts.
It's rare for Mahindra's online tracking to be wrong, I mean sure it's not always up-to-date but chances of it being incorrect are slim. If it says vehicle is at dealership then most likely it has been billed at the Chakan plant. When a vehicle is billed, the plant sends an email to the dealership with the chassis number and other tracking details. Your dealer should have got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
Whereas there are people such as these, who booked in Feb 22, same variant, and got it Delivered in Jul.
It's most probably a cancelled delivery. Happens a lot but completely depends on luck.

Quote:
The driver door does not need to open with key fob, if you have the key in pocket then by pushing the door handle it automatically opens, I surprisingly found this feature.
Only the luxury variant gets passive keyless entry, it's one of the unique features mentioned under luxury in the brochure. Even the rear boot works with PKE and unlocks automatically if you try to open it with key in pocket.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks