Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 13:17   #6541
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

It seems it is a trend across the board with Mahindra dealers, they are exploiting customers and using the demand supply gap for their benifit. I am having a hard time dealing with the useless and unethical staff at silver jubilee motors Pune. I had booked my AX7 DSL AT on 16'th Nov 21. The dealership recently asked me for a down-payment of 5 lakhs for a priority delivery. Unfortunately I fell in the trap and did the down-payment, post that when I inquired after one month i was told i will get the vehicle as per my allocation by Mahindra. So essentially the priority delivery promise was just to extract funds from gullible customers. Bewere of such antics by the dealers. It is unfortunate that inspite of paying astronomical amounts for our cars this is the kind of experience we get.

Last edited by OHCVtec : 19th August 2022 at 13:18. Reason: Spelling correction
OHCVtec is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 15:12   #6542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post

Here is my hypothesis, it feels like the car is braking (preparing to brake??!!) as soon as we leave the accelerator at 80+ speeds suddenly. It mimicked engine braking on a honda city petrol when you take it above ~4000 rpm. I assumed it to be engine braking and felt good but puzzled as I haven't seen something like this on any other diesel car that I've driven (Creta, Verna, Swift). It was even more evident when I had to suddenly brake a couple of times because of dogs crossing the highway. It felt like the car started autobraking although AX5 doesn't have it. Please let me know if I am overthinking this.

Here is an extract from XUV700 manual. Maybe, it was the 'Electric Brake Prefill' in action. Hope this helps.

"6.28 Electric Brake Prefill - EBP

EBP is a value-added feature in ESP, the target of the function is to reduce the air gap of the wheel brake by putting low brake pressure to the brake pads such that the brake pads come in close proximity to the brake disc.

The system detects an emergency braking by monitoring the rate of release of the acceleration pedal. A sudden release of accelerator pedal signifies an upcoming sudden braking.

By actively pre-filling the brake-system, the brake response time is reduced for an upcoming braking and full vehicle deceleration is achieved earlier. This results in a shorter stopping distance"
nazeer_ahamed is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 16:40   #6543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
1. No such comms from Mahindra direct.
What is the booking date shown in the online portal? If it’s anything other than 7 or 8th, you won’t get automatic price protection. If you have something in writing then that would have to be looked at from a case to case basis. I’m not even sure dealerships have the power to offer price protection, that is purely up to Mahindra and is mostly automated based on booking date.

Quote:
2. The dealer is responsible. Why promise a lie? I see the dealer as solely responsible.
For sure the dealer is to blame. As far as I remember, those who couldn’t book on 7th were given an opportunity to complete payment by 8th and lock in the price. I guess the dealership did not confirm the booking on 8th.

Quote:
All other manufactures freeze bookings for the year in such cases.
That’s not true. Plenty of brands abroad have multi-year wait lists. Unfortunately when demand far outmatches supply it’s bound to happen. Apart from M&M, almost nobody else in the industry offers price protections now, you can check for yourself.

There’s a good chance since you have it in writing, Mahindra will consider your case. Just tweet to their official customer support handle and they will have someone reach out to you.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 17:30   #6544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Should I buy an electric car? This car is used by my wife for her daily commute to office. Approx 30-35 kms a day in full-fledged Mumbai traffic. I also drive an X3 so for my wife buying an SUV was not an absolute requirement. She just liked the car a lot.

I am really confused and would appreciate suggestions on this situation. Thank you in advance.

Since this car will be used by your wife, ask for her opinion and get her the car that she prefers. The rear sequential turn Indicators, the second key fob and Apple car play would be provided by M&M at a later date and these should not be major issues in your ownership experience.

Quote:
Thanks much!
I'm not very conversant with Twitter - may I have the handle I should reach out to?
Search for Anand Mahindra and Asha Kharga in twitter.
You can also mail to asha(dot)kharga(at)mahindra(dot)com.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 02:30   #6545

Booking Date - 8th Oct 2021
Model - AX7 L D AT AWD
Billed Invoiced - 31-Jul-2022
Reached Dealership - 18-Aug-2022
Manufactured Month - July 22

Finally did my vehicle's PDI yesterday. They have a part missing (motor for the electric seat). So the delivery was most likely going to be next week once they receive it. But I am planning to take the delivery on 31st (Ganesh puja).

Convinced my SA to complete my KYC. So that I can be at ease keeping tabs on my vehicles whereabouts and movements on my phone.
This idea came from one the BHPians here. The people here at the dealership were unaware that they could do it before the vehicle is actually delivered. But eventually they agreed to give it a try, and within 15 Mins it was all done!
rayXR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 03:12   #6546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaan_999 View Post
...they said the pick-up and drop is chargeable, Rs 180 each way..
The First 3 services including pickup/drop are supposed to be free. At least that is what was told to me by my dealer plus my first service pickup/drop was totally free too and prior to that I had dropped my vehicle to reflash the software due to a blank screen issue and they dropped it off at no cost.

You're just being looted (it doesn't matter if the fee is insignificant, even a penny taken out of exploitation is a bad practice). They can't force sell you anything either.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 10:27   #6547
BHPian

Hello everyone. I'm thinking of buying a diesel automatic AX7 as my daily. I live in Delhi and my running is 35km/day on an average. Due to the nature of my job, this is in bursts (home to clinic, clinic to one hospital, then to another and the same drill in the evening). I plan to keep it for as long as the government allows me to. My dad has a BS6 Thar and doesn't find the DPF regen to be a hassle. He drives 15km to the hospital in the morning and back in the evening. I hope it would be manageable for me too. I know, given my kind of running, a petrol is better, but I face typical Delhi traffic. My BS4 diesel Brezza gives me 13-14. My Ciaz used to give me 11kmpl. I believe the XUV petrol AT won't give me more than 6.
So dear experts, my main concern is the stress I will be putting on the engine by subjecting it to small, short city runs, or are modern diesels able to handle it without problems long term? TIA for any input.
Sumer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 12:03   #6548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer View Post
I'm thinking of buying a diesel automatic AX7 as my daily. I live in Delhi and my running is 35km/day on an average.
I would rather get the AX7L Petrol AT. The running isn't too much for the fuel cost difference to matter significantly.

The petrol is better to drive too. And the luxury kit gets you some nice-to-have features such a blind spot monitoring.

You can call a TD vehicle to your home. Drive it around your house and/or your daily route and you will get a fair idea of mileage.

For reference, my friend drives from Noida to Okhla daily in peak traffic and manages up to 9kmpl, which is quite good for a car this size, and similar to a relative's Ecosport AT, a car two segments lower.

Last edited by naru80 : 20th August 2022 at 12:06.
naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 12:22   #6549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
I would rather get the AX7L Petrol AT. The running isn't too much for the fuel cost difference to matter significantly.

The petrol is better to drive too. And the luxury kit gets you some nice-to-have features such a blind spot monitoring.

You can call a TD vehicle to your home. Drive it around your house and/or your daily route and you will get a fair idea of mileage.

For reference, my friend drives from Noida to Okhla daily in peak traffic and manages up to 9kmpl, which is quite good for a car this size, and similar to a relative's Ecosport AT, a car two segments lower.
Thanks for the input but is your reason for recommending petrol the wear and tear my running will put on the engine?
Old 20th August 2022, 13:36   #6550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
This idea came from one the BHPians here. The people here at the dealership were unaware that they could do it before the vehicle is actually delivered. But eventually they agreed to give it a try, and within 15 Mins it was all done!
Good to know about this precedent being set by Mahindra dealers. A friend of mine had to push the Maruti dealer to get his KYC done on the day of the delivery of his Brezza.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st August 2022 at 05:17. Reason: Typo
Old 20th August 2022, 13:54   #6551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
Booking Date - 8th Oct 2021
Model - AX7 L D AT AWD
Billed Invoiced - 31-Jul-2022
Reached Dealership - 18-Aug-2022
Manufactured Month - July 22

Finally did my vehicle's PDI yesterday. They have a part missing (motor for the electric seat). So the delivery was most likely going to be next week once they receive it. But I am planning to take the delivery on 31st (Ganesh puja).

Convinced my SA to complete my KYC. So that I can be at ease keeping tabs on my vehicles whereabouts and movements on my phone.
I did my PDI today too. They said the same thing about the driver's seat not being able to move so delivery will be delayed by a few days.
Old 20th August 2022, 16:48   #6552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
I did my PDI today too. They said the same thing about the driver's seat not being able to move so delivery will be delayed by a few days.
Is this about the vehicles of a particular batch or a case similar to the 2nd key hob and lights? Since they aren't delivering without the motor, I suspect it to be a batch issue.
Old 20th August 2022, 18:29   #6553

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Yes, they have had a change of vendor (at least for this particular part). They are calling it a "pending upgrade".
Btw the motor got installed today.
Old 20th August 2022, 18:32   #6554

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Is this about the vehicles of a particular batch or a case similar to the 2nd key hob and lights? Since they aren't delivering without the motor, I suspect it to be a batch issue.
"Change of vendor" is the reason that ASM gave me.
Old 20th August 2022, 19:26   #6555
BHPian

Just started looking for a car after recently moving to Mumbai and was considering VW/Skoda quadruplets or Hyryder/Grand Vitara. I hadn't even shortlisted XUV due to the waiting period and no automatic variant in my budget of 15-16L.

Randomly checked AckoDrive and it was showing Dec 2022 timelines for few variants of XUV. Then out of curiosity crosschecked with Mahindra dealers in Mumbai who quoted 12 weeks for petrol variants and 40+ weeks for diesels. Anyway AckoDrive people kept saying that their timelines are accurate and updated on a daily basis inconsultation with Mahindra dealers. Wanted to take a chance and booked an MX Diesel for 16.3L OTR Mumbai. Lets wait and see what happens

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks