Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 14:35   #6466
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

No. They don't install on top behind ivrm where there is a camera. No issues at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Doesn't putting sunfilm on the windshield affect the effectiveness of ADAS? Or am I missing something here?

Last edited by Aditya : 13th August 2022 at 04:50. Reason: Quote tag fixed
niteshsharmab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 14:38   #6467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Jean-Luc View Post
AX7L, ADAS

I have some burning questions.

1. Has anyone tried Lane Assist features in their AX7L ? I may be wrong but I think it is only after the 8.0.something update that the lane assistance tries to keep the car in the same lane and controls the steering (all this while ADAS is off and based on your setting of "warning +assist" for Lane Guidance option.). This never used to happen before the update but can anyone confirm? This happens irrespective of Smart Pilot feature is turned ON or OFF.

2. Speaking of Smart Pilot I absolutely do not recall this being in an option and only started noticing it after the software update. Anyone who has used ADAS extensively can please comment.

Thanks!
Both of these features worked well in my 7 something version.
After updating to 8 something too, both features are working well.
Hope this helps
ColAjayDrives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 17:04   #6468
BHPian

Few observations which I wanted to share with fellow BHPians.
1. The fast USB charger in the front does not work as expected. I checked with the service station guys and they keep on telling it is as expected. The fast charger Infact works slower than a normal USB charger. The type C charger at the rear works as a fast charger.
2. The rear AC vent does not always through cool air. Have now got it checked twice at service station, but still do not have any resolution.

If anyone of you have faced problems similar to point 1 and 2, Kindly let me know.[/quote]

I have been facing both the issues.These are reported by many other owners too.
Old 12th August 2022, 20:56   #6469
sbm
BHPian

I ordered the new reverse parking camera AW60118 for my AX5 on the 4th of August. 8 days later, the order is still processing. On asking the customer service, they say that the delivery timeline is 10–12 days. Are these guys always so slow? I mean, who takes 12 days to deliver a package these days? Can anyone else share their experience with these guys?
Also, has anyone found an aftermarket alternative to the super costly luggage cover/parcel tray from M&M?
Old 12th August 2022, 21:27   #6470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I ordered the new reverse parking camera AW60118 for my AX5 on the 4th of August. 8 days later, the order is still processing. On asking the customer service, they say that the delivery timeline is 10–12 days. Are these guys always so slow? I mean, who takes 12 days to deliver a package these days? Can anyone else share their experience with these guys?
Also, has anyone found an aftermarket alternative to the super costly luggage cover/parcel tray from M&M?
M2all is not at all reliable source to buy accessories. Apparently, they also take order even if the item is not available in stock. For items in stock, they are delivered within a week. To add to agony, the customer care is not at all helpful. I had already burnt my fingers once with them so decided to stay away and got the newer reverse camera installed from the dealer.
In case items are not delivered in 12 working days, you can request for cancellation.
StarVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 21:44   #6471
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVector View Post
M2all is not at all reliable source to buy accessories. Apparently, they also take order even if the item is not available in stock. For items in stock, they are delivered within a week. To add to agony, the customer care is not at all helpful. I had already burnt my fingers once with them so decided to stay away and got the newer reverse camera installed from the dealer.
In case items are not delivered in 12 working days, you can request for cancellation.
The way things are going, I think it's going to be the same with me. The problem is that my dealer is too lazy and can't get even a single thing done on time. They have not been able to procure the new camera as they are really not interested in doing anything out of their ordinary routine. It's a relief to know that I can get a refund if it's not delivered in 12 days.
Old 12th August 2022, 23:39   #6472

Hello,

I got lucky on one of my booking, got allotment against a cancellation. However issue now is dealer not ready to register vehicle in Mumbai (he will be penalized by Mahindra as this territory comes within their jurisdiction, NBS International). In Mumbai it's all NBS, and they cancel franchise if any other dealer registers. Now I am in big dilema how to register within Mumbai or let it go and wait for NBS to allot (which may go upto another year from now, and I don't want to wait for so long). Will be indebted for life if anyone has any way in, dying to get my hands on.
Old 13th August 2022, 00:06   #6473
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerSam View Post
Hello,

I got lucky on one of my booking, got allotment against a cancellation. However issue now is dealer not ready to register vehicle in Mumbai (he will be penalized by Mahindra as this territory comes within their jurisdiction, NBS International). In Mumbai it's all NBS, and they cancel franchise if any other dealer registers. Now I am in big dilema how to register within Mumbai or let it go and wait for NBS to allot (which may go upto another year from now, and I don't want to wait for so long). Will be indebted for life if anyone has any way in, dying to get my hands on.
Get temporary registration done from the dealer and then, get your car registered in Mumbai on the basis of that.I did the same with my previous car.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 00:47   #6474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Do write a mail to kharga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com, you'll get a response.
Thank you. I just did. Lets see if that helps.
Old 13th August 2022, 02:17   #6475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post

2. The rear AC vent does not always through cool air. Have now got it checked twice at service station, but still do not have any resolution.
Have similar issue in my AX7 D AT...had told the service station during 1st Service that the vents in 2nd row dont throw cool air at times...however when they checked it worked fine. I am travelling and 3 days back my brother took the car and again the 2nd row vents were not throwing cool air. Will have to again follow up once I am back.
Old 13th August 2022, 15:10   #6476

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Get temporary registration done from the dealer and then, get your car registered in Mumbai on the basis of that.I did the same with my previous car.
I spoke to Dealer about this, but they say its not allowed for them and rules are very strict to register vehicle outside of their territory. There will be penalty of upto 5 lacs and may cancel their franchise. Yet he was ready to speak to ASM and see if any option.
I personally do not understand this rule in current market scenario, where NBS itself don't have vehicles to allot and yet don't allow their buyers to go outside!!

I will circle back today on what ASM has to say on this matter.
Old 13th August 2022, 16:35   #6477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However issue now is dealer not ready to register vehicle in Mumbai (he will be penalized by Mahindra as this territory comes within their jurisdiction, NBS International)..
Get TR from your dealer, and bring it across to Mumbai. Reach out to an agent / approach RTO yourself.

A friend recently picked up a new car (Maruti) in Goa, and has brought it to Bangalore on TR plates. Now waiting for preferred number so registration can be completed here.
Old 13th August 2022, 17:17   #6478
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to Dealer about this, but they say its not allowed for them and rules are very strict to register vehicle outside of their territory. There will be penalty of upto 5 lacs and may cancel their franchise. Yet he was ready to speak to ASM and see if any option.
I personally do not understand this rule in current market scenario, where NBS itself don't have vehicles to allot and yet don't allow their buyers to go outside!!

I will circle back today on what ASM has to say on this matter.
In 2015, I bought my Baleno from Ranchi as there was no NEXA dealer in Bokaro (both in the same state) at that time. They told me that they could register the car in Ranchi at my Bokaro address, but I preferred getting it registered in my town. So, I requested that they issue a TR and, after that, I applied for permanent registration on my own in Bokaro. Dealer employees (or most humans for that matter) have the habit of steering clear of things they haven't done before. I am facing the same behaviour from my dealer on a different matter. Also, they are not'registering' the vehicle in their city, they are just getting a temporary registration.
Try talking to the customer care representative of the dealership and enquire at the RTO about the issue of TR. One other thing is that, nowadays, cars are delivered with number plates fixed on them, so TR is not required in most cases. That might be one reason why the dealer personnel might not know about it and hence refuse to get it done.
Old 13th August 2022, 21:20   #6479
BHPian

Quick question. I am considering the ax5 petrol automatic as the sales person is confident of getting a car delivered slightly earlier. Is there a hill hold assist in this version as well as ESP? Waiting on this to book.
Old 14th August 2022, 08:12   #6480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Have a June manufactured AWD - checked yesterday and I could see the torque distribution view showing torque going to rear when I engaged the AWD switch.
I can see distribution when I engage AWD but no distribution post mid 40’s.Manual says Auto mode is on post 80 . Also no distribution is shown post mid 40s’.Pls check and confirm .
Thanks
MM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks