Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 08:54   #6481
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Got first service done for my MX petrol variant last week. Anant Cars, Banerghatta Road, Bangalore. I reported the following problems:
  1. Noise from the rear, specially at < 5kmph, when going up and down inclines or bumps. The SA immediately recognized this, said they will tighten suspension and spare tire bolts. Voila, no noise anymore!
  2. No Android Auto. Official brochures and website publicize this for MX variant as well. The SA (rightly) said they'll flash in the latest software. No Android auto even then. I assume there should be a separate swipe-able card for Android Auto on the infotainment screen.
Rs 0/- service invoice. It takes a looong time (6+ hours for a top-up service) to get the job done - given the number of vehicles and the resultant general chaos. But the job done in the service and cleaning bays themselves left nothing to complain about at all!

Android Auto for MX: Had written a while back to Mahindra customer care, who (as usual) put this on the dealer. Not sure what the dealer can do in this case . Any guidance would help!

Last edited by dust-n-bones : 14th August 2022 at 08:58. Reason: added how I checked for absense of android auto
dust-n-bones is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 09:26   #6482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Got first service done for my MX petrol variant last week. Anant Cars, Banerghatta Road, Bangalore. I reported the following problems:[list=1][*]Noise from the rear, specially at < 5kmph, when going up and down inclines or bumps. The SA immediately recognized this, said they will tighten suspension and spare tire bolts. Voila, no noise anymore!
Is this is the same thud-thud rolling noise from the rear that was fixed? I am frustrated with that noise - will head over to them right away if they were able to fix it, could you please share the SA name?
Old 14th August 2022, 10:59   #6483

Need help before taking delivery of XUV 700

Hello! Posting on behalf of a friend who’s looking to take delivery of his XUV 700 in a couple of days after a few months of waiting. He is eager to get his hands on his dream vehicle, but a couple of doubts have creeped in after he did the PDI based on the excellent advice from this community. The sales executive has been pissed off by his relentless questions and isn’t being too friendly
In his own words:

“Hi all! I recently went for the PDI of my XUV 700 and found that the odometer read 136 KMs. The sales executive said that it's because the car came to the showroom via train and that sometimes they do their own PDI in the manufacturing plant. I asked them to show me the odometer readings of the other vehicles in the warehouse — almost all of them had their readings <50 KMs with the exception of one, which was around 83 KMs. Is this something I should be concerned about? Everything else about the vehicle looked fine. The VIN says that the car has been manufactured last month (July 2022).

I drove for around 4 KMs in the afternoon and the bonnet of the car was considerably hot. The sales executive said that it was because the car has a heavy engine and because we used AC on full speed. He also said that I have unnecessary doubts. Later in the day I checked the bonnet of my own car (Santro) after driving back from the showroom, which is about the same distance as what we drove XUV for. My car was somewhat heated too, so probably not much of an issue, but thought I’d mention it. Thanks for any guidance. Anything else that I should be aware of specific to this XUV 700 before taking the delivery?”

Appreciate if you have any words of advice for my friend. Thanks!
NewMonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 15:04   #6484
BHPian

Quote:
Got first service done for my MX petrol variant last week. Anant Cars, Banerghatta Road, Bangalore. I reported the following problems:
  1. Noise from the rear, specially at < 5kmph, when going up and down inclines or bumps. The SA immediately recognized this, said they will tighten suspension and spare tire bolts. Voila, no noise anymore!
  2. No Android Auto. Official brochures and website publicize this for MX variant as well. The SA (rightly) said they'll flash in the latest software. No Android auto even then. I assume there should be a separate swipe-able card for Android Auto on the infotainment screen.
Rs 0/- service invoice. It takes a looong time (6+ hours for a top-up service) to get the job done - given the number of vehicles and the resultant general chaos. But the job done in the service and cleaning bays themselves left nothing to complain about at all!

Android Auto for MX: Had written a while back to Mahindra customer care, who (as usual) put this on the dealer. Not sure what the dealer can do in this case . Any guidance would help!
I still do not understand the logic behind directing every query to the workshop. I am facing a lot of issues with the Adrenox app. Wonder what will the workshop do about it. (They are not software development units). Planning to write to higher up's in Mahindra about instilling some logic in the way queries are handled.
Old 14th August 2022, 15:08   #6485
BHPian

Re: Need help before taking delivery of XUV 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMonk View Post
Everything else about the vehicle looked fine.
If everything else is fine, then I would not consider 136 kms as a serious issue, particularly considering that it was manufactured just a month ago.

Regarding salesman telling your friend that he was having unnecessary doubts, it is the job of the salesman to clear the doubts of a customer (mostly necessary, sometimes may be unnecessary). XUV 700's success does not mean that people should take the delivery without asking questions and getting their doubts cleared.

Last edited by NH08 : 14th August 2022 at 15:17.
NH08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 19:34   #6486
BHPian

I am facing 'Kat Kat' noise from the front suspensions of my XUV 700. This is not constant but happens intermittently when the car goes over sharp speed breakers at slow speeds. This also happens when going over pot holes over slow speeds.

I am not sure if anyone else is facing this issue. The sound is as if some metal part or nut is loose and is knocking against the body.

This was first reported to Mahindra almost a month back and they had tried changing the Struts but the issue persists.

This time I made a proper video from inside the car using my mobile and also by using my GoPro which was mounted outside the car on the front doors. The sound is very clearly audible. I shared this with the dealership service team as well as the Mahindra Customer Service person appointed at the dealership. I was again asked to bring the car to the MASS.

The car was kept for a day and given back today morning with an assurance that the issue has been resolved by re-aligning the struts. I was not very confident with was told to me so again took the car for a test ride and found that the issue still persists.

Again want to the MASS and this time took a long trial with the senior engineer and reproduced the issue. I am not told that the suspension mounting may have an issue and they would try replacing them.

I am not sure if this diagnosis is correct.

Not wanting to create a big issue against Mahindra but for diagnosis purpose, posting the YouTube video link here if anyone can help me with the issue.

Mods: Posting this YouTube link here so that members can identify the issue I am facing. Please delete the link if it violates any of the forum policy.
bill1182 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 22:37   #6487
Distinguished - BHPian

Apparently, Mahindra has enabled Apple CarPlay in select XUV7OOs for beta testers.

Once it gets the green signal for a full go-ahead, it will be rolled out for all 7OO owners.
Thanks to Shubham!

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th August 2022 at 16:30. Reason: YouTube link removed as requested.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 23:08   #6488
BHPian

Quote:
Got first service done for my MX petrol variant last week. Anant Cars, Banerghatta Road, Bangalore. I reported the following problems:[list=1][*]Noise from the rear, specially at < 5kmph, when going up and down inclines or bumps. The SA immediately recognized this, said they will tighten suspension and spare tire bolts. Voila, no noise anymore!
Please share the service advisor name.
Old 14th August 2022, 23:12   #6489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Apparently, Mahindra has enabled Apple CarPlay in select XUV7OOs for beta testers.
Is it only me or did someone else notice something weird about the video. Twice the display screen changes before any physical touch input on the screen. Would love to stand corrected.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 02:17   #6490
BHPian

Anyone getting calls from various tour groups inviting for a dinner buffet and when asked where they got the number from, they say they have all Mahindra and Tata new car buyers database. They particularly mention my model and then invite me to hotels for the dinner for a pitch.

It's an old-time scam but the annoying part is, how and from where did the information got leaked? I'm trying to reach the root of the leakers (dealer? service center? someone from Mahindra itself?)
Old 15th August 2022, 04:33   #6491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Once it gets the green signal for a full go-ahead, it will be rolled out for all 7OO owners.

Thanks to Shubham!
Video looks fake. Multiple things are suspect — crossfade transitions is not how original UI works, song plays but playback time doesn’t change.

Whoever made this video (I assume it’s the same guy Rahul on FB groups) is either faking it for reasons best known to him or has the beta builds but isn’t allowed to post actual working demo. That Rahul guy earlier too had posted about rgb ambient lighting which he claimed to have spent 6 months developing himself, turned out it was sourced from China (as most stuff is). So I’d take anything he posts with a grain of salt.
Tanmay007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 08:24   #6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Anyone getting calls from various tour groups inviting for a dinner buffet and when asked where they got the number from, they say they have all Mahindra and Tata new car buyers database. They particularly mention my model and then invite me to hotels for the dinner for a pitch.

It's an old-time scam but the annoying part is, how and from where did the information got leaked? I'm trying to reach the root of the leakers (dealer? service center? someone from Mahindra itself?)
Yup, started getting them week after getting the car. They knew the exact model and city where I live. They would not answer where they got the number from. After a while I started blocking the various numbers. Haven't received any call this month now.
Old 15th August 2022, 10:24   #6493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post

This is not limited to certain manufacturers. I recently bought Creta and got similar call. It is not difficult for tele-marketers to get access to any database these days. I simply block the number after hearing the free dinner offer. There's nothing much we can do
Old 15th August 2022, 12:32   #6494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Is this is the same thud-thud rolling noise from the rear that was fixed? I am frustrated with that noise - will head over to them right away if they were able to fix it, could you please share the SA name?
Please check your PM.
Caution: You seem to suggest you've tried to get the noise in your vehicle resolved without success earlier. In my case, the SA was immediately able to spot the problem and its solution, as if its a well known issue. So these could be different things.

No harm in getting your car checked though.
dust-n-bones is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 12:38   #6495
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Please check your PM.
Caution: You seem to suggest you've tried to get the noise in your vehicle resolved without success earlier. In my case, the SA was immediately able to spot the problem and its solution, as if its a well known issue. So these could be different things.

No harm in getting your car checked though.
Can you please talk to your SA and get information about where the actual problem is? This will help others to get the problem resolved.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks