Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2022, 16:45   #6256
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Mine happened, i booked AX7 D AT and AX7 L D AT in March 2022 in hyderabad, that time estimated delivery was Dec 2023 or Jan 2024, a week back i got a message that my vehicle is in planning stage and updated delivery date is Aug 7 to 14, 2022.
That was big surprise for me as I wasn't planning a new car before Dec 2022.
I too booked my AX7L P AT in March 2022, but no such luck for me. Delivery date is Nov-Dec 2023. I pestered by SA every week to give me updates if any and finally last week he said that the date has been advanced to Dec 2022-Jan 2023. I don't see any such updates in the tracking website though. May be the SA just wanted to keep me happy and not bother him for sometime
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 17:15   #6257
BHPian

How long will it take for getting HSRP plates in Bangalore ?
Dealer says it will take 2 weeks.
Old 25th July 2022, 18:25   #6258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
An internal circular has been issued informing the staff that prices for the Extended Warranty "Shield" packages will see a significant increase come August 2022.

For example, the 4th & 5th Year Extended Warranty "Shield" package which was priced at Rs 24,779/- when I got my AX5 diesel MT in April 2022 was increased to around Rs 27,300 after that. But by August, this particular 4th & 5th Year "Shield" package will see a steep rise to around Rs 40,500! (including GST)

So, for those who haven't yet opted for Mahindra's Extended Warranty "Shield" packages for the XUV700, please do so as soon as possible.
dealership.
Checked in the "With You Hamesha" app and was shocked to find that the Shield Extended Warranty prices have already been hiked to Rs 43,540 including GST for 4th and 5th year and Rs 22,890 for 4th year alone.

Even the dealer says that Mahindra has hiked the prices three days ago.

Classic case of changing the rules after the game has begun.
ColAjayDrives is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 18:58   #6259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
My question is are they really worth such astronomical sums ? If done, how long will they last ?
Avoid ceramic, it’s a waste IMO, it neither protects from scratches nor swirl marks. The only thing ceramic provides is temporary hydrophobic properties and shine. There are several spray-on ceramic products available now. Just get you car detailed every year, apply some of the spray on wax/ceramic solutions yourself and you’re good.

As for PPF it depends on the car. A 1.4L PPF from a reputed brand on a 1cr+ car makes sense. PPF is the only solution that protects your paint from scratches and swirl marks to an extent.

There are unbranded options available too which are about half the cost. You can get your entire XUV covered for ~60k with a decent quality PPF. Check my posts over at the PPF (Paint Protection Film (PPF)) thread for details.

The issues with PPF such as paint peel and breaking are now solved with newer TPU based film and acrylic based glue. Even then due to our harsh climate I’d recommend to replace the PPF after 5 years.

As for it’s worth, for me PPF gives me peace of mind in following cases that are sure to happen during course of use:
- some stupid biker trying to cut in and scratches
- paint chips on bonnet in highway drives
- bird/tree dropping that seep into paint causing discolouration

As many people said getting your car repainted will probably cost you same. PPF only makes sense if you are very very particular about keeping it pristine and maintaining a showroom look for as long as possible.
Tanmay007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 19:40   #6260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
The price is the same whether you buy it from the dealer or through the app. I bought extended warranty from the dealer, it’s not showing as active on the app yet (takes 20 days as per the dealer). However I remember reading on this thread that purchasing extended warranty via the app results in instant activation, if that matters to you. Haven’t purchased 4th and 5th year RSA yet.
Extended warranty purchased via the dealer is yet to be activated on the Mahindra app. It’s been 3 weeks plus that I have been chasing the dealer on this. In light of my experience I would urge all members to purchase extended warranty via the app and not the dealer.
Old 25th July 2022, 20:16   #6261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
Hi,
I own AWD L White, booked 07 Oct at Hyderabad, delivered on 01 July, 53 days ahead of schedule. Car was manufactured in June 2022. Answers to your queries:-
(1) AT AWD comes with EBD.
(2) My car came with 9 coils in the rear suspension spring, so no recall needed. My car is not mentioned in the list of recalls. As mentioned earlier in this thread, only a particular batch seems to be under recall. I don't see any reason for you to get worried at all, except about delivery delays. I may be lucky (till now), but I haven't faced a single niggle or malfunction in my 630km so far, except for Alexa's complete disobedience (due to lack of Vodaphone network). So cheer up buddy...the future is bright

Any idea on the list of recalls ? Can you share please
Old 25th July 2022, 20:56   #6262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I too booked my AX7L P AT in March 2022, but no such luck for me. Delivery date is Nov-Dec 2023. I pestered by SA every week to give me updates if any and finally last week he said that the date has been advanced to Dec 2022-Jan 2023. I don't see any such updates in the tracking website though. May be the SA just wanted to keep me happy and not bother him for sometime
Also mine is diesel version. I haven't spoke to SA, but mine actually has updated time on website tracking. So essentially if i contact SA not sure if he will have same timeline. I am planning to push my purchase to Q1 next year. So hopefully it doesnt push be back long.

Plus what color is yours, that mught be a factor on how the timing gets recalculated. Mine is Red for both AX7 D AT and AX7L DAT.
Old 25th July 2022, 23:12   #6263
BHPian

Quote:
An internal circular has been issued informing the staff that prices for the Extended Warranty "Shield" packages will see a significant increase come August 2022.
Extended warranty is like an insurance policy - and typically a lot of actuarial analysis goes into setting the rates, doing blind studies and control group tests to assess how much the market can "bear" etc. OT, but not for nothing is AppleCare Apple Inc's most profitable product.

There is also a conundrum here. The better the quality of your product, and better the "Reputation of quality" of your product, the less likely are users to buy your extended warranty. Ask Toyota!

What does all this mean in the context of Mahindra? I hope this does not mean that product defects and in-warranty failures remain very high, and the "insurance product" is risking unprofitability. This is not a good sign about Mahindra's confidence in the quality of their product. However, for consumers, please absolutely BUY the extended warranty - for the longest possible period.
Contrapunto is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 01:58   #6264
BHPian

These are the complete specs of the built-in Snapdragon 3rd gen automotive platform powering the Adrenox system in XUV700 and Scorpio-N. Haven't seen these posted before so some might find it interesting.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220726-2.16.59-am.png

[Source]

Edit: Qualcomm site lists 2 specs for the Kyro octa core CPU. SA6155P and SA8155P. Not quiet sure which of these 2 the XUV is based on but my guess would be the SA6155P.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 26th July 2022 at 02:28. Reason: Corrected specs
Tanmay007 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 02:10   #6265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
These are the complete specs of the built-in Snapdragon 3rd gen automotive platform powering the Adrenox system in XUV700 and Scorpio-N. Haven't seen these posted before so some might find it interesting.

Some exciting features the platform supports but Mahindra didn't opt for:
- Fingerprint based ID
- 4K miracast for rear seat displays
These are really some interesting specs considering this implementation has ADAS for which computational processing needs to be higher, because life literally depends on it.
Also any one has any background if Mahindra's ADAS has some machine learning aspect for the ADAS to evolve. The only automaker i know is probably Tesla, rest all are non commercial players like Waymo and others.
I am assuming this ADAS is from Bosch.
Wakeupsid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:19   #6266
BHPian

Quote:
Plus what color is yours, that mught be a factor on how the timing gets recalculated. Mine is Red for both AX7 D AT and AX7L DAT.
You might be correct; mine is Midnight Black which apparently is the more popular colour. But wont there be more cars manufactured for the popular colours as opposed to others? If this was true, then the choice of colour should not matter.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:28   #6267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
This is the exact same thing i could observe in my TD too. Go soft on the A pedal and its all good. Go hard and it shakes you off hard too.
Seems that this is a typical trait of the engine and gearbox combo. I've seen a couple of posts on the XUV500 forums around where people with AT have had this experience as well. I'm not sure what causes this. Perhaps the more enlightened lot on this forum or someone who has identified the issue and gotten it rectified might be able to help.

Anyone?
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:53   #6268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
Checked in the "With You Hamesha" app and was shocked to find that the Shield Extended Warranty prices have already been hiked to Rs 43,540 including GST for 4th and 5th year and Rs 22,890 for 4th year alone.

Even the dealer says that Mahindra has hiked the prices three days ago.

Classic case of changing the rules after the game has begun.
Quote:

For example, the 4th & 5th Year Extended Warranty "Shield" package which was priced at Rs 24,779/- when I got my AX5 diesel MT in April 2022 was increased to around Rs 27,300 after that. But by August, this particular 4th & 5th Year "Shield" package will see a steep rise to around Rs 40,500! (including GST)

So, for those who haven't yet opted for Mahindra's Extended Warranty "Shield" packages for the XUV700, please do so as soon as possible.

The price hike was effective from 25-07-2022. Here is the full circular for those who are interested.
Sommos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 11:40   #6269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Seems that this is a typical trait of the engine and gearbox combo. I've seen a couple of posts on the XUV500 forums around where people with AT have had this experience as well. I'm not sure what causes this. Perhaps the more enlightened lot on this forum or someone who has identified the issue and gotten it rectified might be able to help.

Anyone?
This was my response on an earlier comment - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5364937 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

I think this is what all of you guys are experiencing?
Old 26th July 2022, 11:43   #6270
BHPian

Quote:
Also any one has any background if Mahindra's ADAS has some machine learning aspect for the ADAS to evolve. I am assuming this ADAS is from Bosch.
ADAS is from Intel's Mobileye. All of it's integration and the Adrenox UI is developed in partnership with Bosch.

As for machine learning, I doubt there is any kind of reinforcement learning (post system integration) like Tesla. This is because Tesla and others are aiming for a level 5 system, all of their software and hardware related to it are developed in-house and working towards level 5. Indian automotive brands simply lack the technical skills to build such a complex system. Almost all of them use a 3rd party solution such as Mobileye.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks