Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2022, 18:35   #6121
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
What I mean to say was if I pass this car, will my next delivery date be allotted like how a new booking would get like somewhere in ball park range of 2024 or later, or will I be hold my booking queue and Mahindra allot me next car whenever they produce next batch of XUV700 version that booked.
If you decline delivery you go back to the starting point, similar to a new booking.
eagles_ts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 19:38   #6122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
If you decline delivery you go back to the starting point, similar to a new booking.
Man thats such a bummer for me. Although wasn't expecting to drive the XUV 700 before Dec 2023 based on Mahindra's original timeline, but now with timeline revised to Aug 2022, I have mixed feelings as I wasn't expecting this early jump. I had multiple chats with SA on timeline, he specifically told me at best few months early delivery from Dec 2023 and he was 100% sure of no possible delivery this year or even in Q1 2023. Looks Scorpio N might spring a surprise to everyone in this forum. And considering the Chip situation getting better, a lot of people who have multiple booking for different vehicles are canceling after delivery.
I booked both Carens Lux plus D AT (Feb 2022) and XUV 700 AX7 (March 2022). Kia hasn't even called yet or bothered to provide any status update. Seems like Mahindra is way better interms of planning.

Will keep posted when SA reaches out to me.

Thanks
Sid
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 21:48   #6123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Hello couldn’t DM you .May I know when did you book and with which dealer ?
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I booked on Jan 3rd, 2022.
Old 13th July 2022, 13:46   #6124
BHPian

My 2 cents. Doubt if deliveries being moved up is the Scorpio N effect.

1. Bookings for Scorpio N have not even started (officially).

2. Pricing for the Scorpio N AT is not out yet

3. Buyers who want to switch between XUV7OO and Scorpio N who have already made XUV7OO bookings would not cancel the same immediately. They would wait to see the delivery timelines on the Scorpio N and perhaps go in for cancellations at the last minute. Hence keeping both options open.

4. Many would keep the Scorpio N as a second option and wait for a 3 month period or so when the actual real world drive results are out before making a final decision.

5. Scorpio N should only complicate the semi conductor supply chain issues for Mahindra given the usage of semi con in both and the double (triple+) bookings across both models.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 18:59   #6125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
My 2 cents. Doubt if deliveries being moved up is the Scorpio N effect.

1. Bookings for Scorpio N have not even started (officially).

2. Pricing for the Scorpio N AT is not out yet

3. Buyers who want to switch between XUV7OO and Scorpio N who have already made XUV7OO bookings would not cancel the same immediately. They would wait to see the delivery timelines on the Scorpio N and perhaps go in for cancellations at the last minute. Hence keeping both options open.

4. Many would keep the Scorpio N as a second option and wait for a 3 month period or so when the actual real world drive results are out before making a final decision.

5. Scorpio N should only complicate the semi conductor supply chain issues for Mahindra given the usage of semi con in both and the double (triple+) bookings across both models.
1. Officially dealerships are taking KYC's at the moment, so kind of pseudo bookings are on, due to the add to cart feature.

2. I am assuming people are using XUV 700 as base to estimate the price range of AT and 4WD. which would be fair, unless Mahindra as surprise in store for us.

3. Based on what happened with my booking, My AX7 and AX7L both were moved up by 16 months from original timeline, Dec 2023 to Aug 2022. So I think Mahindra might be trying to push Top variants which could be profit makers to ensure those don't switch to Scorpio N. Based on market reaction, lot of people want AX7 and above specifically for its ADAS and added safety feature like 6 airbags. So those buyers who don't need ADAS might switch to Scorpio N as it has 4WD/RWD and ruggedness for off-road where ADAS is essentially useless. So to protect the profit books that might be a reason. Also they can track buyers who have XUV 700 booked and trying to book Scorpio N (add to cart feature). Good data is nifty tool for decision making.

4. That's true, I am assuming Mahindra wants to allot vehicle better this time to avoid its XUV 700 delivery fiasco. So if a buyer booked both XUV and Scorpio N, Mahindra will deliver higher variants of XUV 700 to free up Scorpio N for customers who booked Just Scorpio N, that way keeping cancellation for any single model under control and also keeping the sale with in their brand.

5. Scorpio N doesn't have ADAS so doesn't need those many chips and based on Vijay Nakra's interview during Scorpio N launch, he mentioned they have planned Supply chain well ahead and can deliver 6000 vehicle per month.
Wakeupsid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 19:51   #6126
BHPian

Recently I met an accident. Due to a wet road, a motorcycle from a corner road skidded and came in front of my vehicle. Since it is on my blind eye area, i saw at the last moment and even after braking, hit the crash guard of the bike on my left side bumper. Luckily, no injuries to anyone. The indicator light of the motorcycle was broken. Due to this impact, my bumper for a small crack and dislodged the light fitted in the bumper. I had to replace full bumper.

When i started looking at the dashcam, I observed that all the videos are playing except the exact accident video. All the previous videos (3 min long) are playing perfectly. But the accident video of little more than 1 min appears in the folder but is unable to play. During playing, this file is getting skipped. (I checked it in the service center and they also could not do anything)
I don’t know whether it is a bug or a one-time issue. Since I have to remove the micorsd to check the same in any computer, I haven’t checked it.

Does anyone know where to take this in Mahindra? Any specific email id of Mahindra?
Old 13th July 2022, 21:37   #6127

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
The camera guidelines seem to be aligned perfectly in your car, while many have complained that it's pointing towards the sky in theirs. Have they used any special procedures for the installation?
There's no special procedure. Mine was also pointing towards sky, but I got hold of a mechanic and made necessary adjustments through screws to let me see the blind spots in bottom, basically footpath or any small obstacles. Otherwise the camera quality is very basic and I use my instincts and RV mirrors like my previous cars.
Old 14th July 2022, 00:49   #6128

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Congratulations on your new car, I am sure you will enjoy driving it for many years. Which variant have you purchased?

The cigarette lighter port is in the third row on the right side; you may need to buy an extension chord if the pump does not reach all 4 tyres, I had to. You can keep the air pump behind the third row along with other tools and cleaning essentials. As regards TPMS my advice would be to think of it as guidance only, get a pressure gauge and top up air pressure on a weekly basis or as required. Do not rely on the petrol pump or TPMS reading.
Could you please confirm which extension cord you bought & from where... First hand feedback would be very helpful! Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 00:59   #6129

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I got it from Maruti Genuine Accessories. You need to collect it from one of the Maruti dealers or service centres after ordering it online.
Can you share a few pics of the same please? Is the quality good? And what is the length?
Old 14th July 2022, 10:59   #6130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_shish137 View Post
Can you share a few pics of the same please? Is the quality good? And what is the length?
I too have bought the same extension cable from MGA website. It was delivered to the nearest Maruti dealer that I selected. The quality of the product is good and I have not faced any issue with the same till date. It is long enough to reach the co-passenger side near the centre console.

I think I bought it for 399 which was the cheapest I could get. The product it Made in China though.
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 12:06   #6131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Although wasn't expecting to drive the XUV 700 before Dec 2023 based on Mahindra's original timeline, but now with timeline revised to Aug 2022, I have mixed feelings as I wasn't expecting this early jump. I had multiple chats with SA on timeline, he specifically told me at best few months early delivery from Dec 2023 and he was 100% sure of no possible delivery this year or even in Q1 2023.
Which model have you booked and on what date? i have booked AX7 D MT in Feb but my delivery date still shows August next year
Old 14th July 2022, 12:41   #6132
Distinguished - BHPian

Roof carrier :-

I came across this XUV7OO while visiting my brother. It's an AX7 Petrol AT. The roof cross bars were installed at the Mahindra showroom while taking delivery and the carrier was installed from an accessory shop at Atul Kataria Chowk in Gurgaon. The owner has done some long distance trips with luggage and hasn't faced any issue as yet. Sharing the images as shared.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220714_105610.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220714_105759.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220714_105909.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220714_110012.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220714_123748.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220714_123812.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220714_105328.jpg

It looks good in my opinion and serves the purpose too.
BoneCollector is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 13:42   #6133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@SIM View Post
Which model have you booked and on what date? i have booked AX7 D MT in Feb but my delivery date still shows August next year
I booked on March 21st 2022 for AX7 D AT (Red) and March 23rd 2022 for AX7 L D AT (Red). This booking is done in Hyderabad, so that can also be a factor in update to delivery time.
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 13:44   #6134
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please confirm which extension cord you bought & from where... First hand feedback would be very helpful! Thanks
Sometime back they were not available on Amazon.in so I had got one from US as my daughter was coming from there, but now I see some like this one. The one I got is similar and working well and reaching all wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220714-1.38.48-pm.png  

sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 18:35   #6135
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I am not around my car for a few days; so cannot get a photo. I do not remember the length too. It's was sufficiently long to let the pump reach front left tyre. Quality was good too with thick wires. The dimension given on the MGA page is wrong; it's the size of the package.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks