Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 19:39   #6106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
Once the car reaches the dealer you would be given a reasonable amount of time to arrange your finances, this could be in the range of 10-14 days. Beyond this the dealer can and will assign the car to the person next in line, which is fair.

There’s no way to hold the booking for a few months. Hope things work out and you’re able to get the car.
Thanks for the info. I am not expecting dealership to hold the car for me for few months. What I mean to say was if I pass this car, will my next delivery date be allotted like how a new booking would get like somewhere in ball park range of 2024 or later, or will I be hold my booking queue and Mahindra allot me next car whenever they produce next batch of XUV700 version that booked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivsubs View Post
Hi Team-BHPians,

Please advise if should get ready for the long wait or cancel my booking and look at other alternatives, none of which appeal to me.

PS: I was considering MG Hector +, Tata Safari and Kia Carens before finalizing XUV7OO.
Based on my experience from today, wait to be surprised by Mahindra on the delivery date. Considering my case as an example, Scorpio bookings might spring a surprise date for you.
But again, it depends on how long are you willing to wait. I would suggest would be to wait for couple of months from Scorpio delivery start date.
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 19:47   #6107
BHPian

Quote:

Please advise if should get ready for the long wait or cancel my booking and look at other alternatives, none of which appeal to me.

PS: I was considering MG Hector +, Tata Safari and Kia Carens before finalizing XUV7OO.
That’s the crux of the problem, none of the options (including the one’s you’ve shortlisted) come close to what XUV700 delivers. Having said that, two years is a long time to wait for any car to be delivered.

My suggestion would be to keep the booking and test drive all the other shortlisted cars again. Maybe you’ll like a car that’s available now or has a lesser waiting period. But do hold on to the XUV booking, you never know if there’s a surprise in store for you
eagles_ts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 20:07   #6108

Quote:

There is high chance you would get the car in 8 to 10 months, considering Scorpio-N bookings. Look at other options in the meanwhile. Try to get your dealer to agree for zero cancellation fee. I have one such booking for xuv 700 with zero cancellation fee and one more for Scorprio-N.
Scorpio-N is a real good alternative, if you are okay to let go of gizmos and boot space.
harish11128 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 22:22   #6109
BHPian

Quote:

Welcome to the club! I had posted something similar a few months ago and was advised by members of this forum to wait for my AX7L Petrol AT. I continue to do so, not just because I was advised by current owners of the cars and other experts here, but simply because of the fact that the competition is not truly competitive! So unless MG Hector/Safari offer a similar package, I will not even consider looking elsewhere. Even when they do (reports suggest an update is coming soon) XUV700 may still be a better choice.

In conclusion, please wait, as rewards of this wait are guaranteed to be sweet!
GPJ_23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 22:23   #6110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Now I am panicking on my finances as due to recent road tax hike the overall on road costs is going out of budget. I still want to buy the car but few month later, as I have already committed financially to other investments.
Thanks
Sid
Pricing will only go north from now. Just imagine the pricing of Scorpio-N after the first 25K bookings and there will also be price hike on XUV7OO to maintain the positioning. Don't forget the ROI hikes from RBI and so total cost of ownership will only be climbing. Unless you have other financial priorities, take the car and enjoy the ride while looking at future price hikes.
atluri_rkc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 22:26   #6111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Test drove the AX7 L diesel automatic . Had to perform a homa to get hold of a test drive vehicle.

Now to the drive : I cannot put a finger on the what but was never comfortable driving it. There was constant side to side movement even on flat roads. And even though the power on tap was abundantly available , the surge was a bit hard to control. So wasn't comfortable there too. The 2nd row passengers felt that the alcazar seats were much more comfortable than the XUV seats.

I know ill get fried here for the comments but felt that the Alcazar was a better vehicle put together(though the crash rating doesnt reflect it). Whether its the features, the fit and finish, the engine NVH and even the much maligned Bose system in the Alcazar sounded better than the Sony one on XUV.

Also am sure the Alcazar D AT will give a better mileage than the XUV D AT considering the lighter build and smaller engine.
Is it possible that your TD vehicle in particular was just poorly maintained? Given that your observations in some cases are diametrically opposite to the general view, especially in comparison to an Alcazar, may I suggest that you try test driving another vehicle from another showroom perhaps.

End of the day, if you like Alcazar you should go with it, especially if your family agrees. On the bright side, your waiting period might not be as much
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 22:37   #6112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Welcome to the club! I had posted something similar a few months ago and was advised by members of this forum to wait for my AX7L Petrol AT.
Hello couldn’t DM you .May I know when did you book and with which dealer ? I have booked only last week the exact same variant as yours and it’s Anand cars Marathalli . My SA said that he is almost certain to get the car in 6-7 months .
Old 11th July 2022, 22:51   #6113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Hello couldn’t DM you .May I know when did you book and with which dealer ? I have booked only last week the exact same variant as yours and it’s Anand cars Marathalli . My SA said that he is almost certain to get the car in 6-7 months .
Anant cars Mysore Road. My calculation for wait period is as follows: per recent reports, bookings are hitting the rate of 10-12k, whereas manufacturing stands at 6k per month. Close to 80k orders outstanding. So do the math factoring about 10-12% cancellations and watch out for news of Mahindra's supply chain issues easing out, which may lead to production capacity increasing! I'm deliberately ignoring one key aspect, that is, lower variants are actually being delivered much sooner. It is only the luxury pack which is increasing the wait period significantly. I had even asked the SA if he can at least give me 360 camera as an addition over AX7 (without L) i would go for it, but there is no such option. So better to wait and get a factory fit and finish!
Old 11th July 2022, 23:53   #6114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Unless you have other financial priorities, take the car and enjoy the ride while looking at future price hikes.
Thanks for the response, I too want to get it, just been excited from the day I test drove and booked. But Telangana last month raised the road tax from 14% to 20% for ex-showroom price greater than 20 Lacs . This just pushed price way beyond than what I was expecting to pay. Its more like a heart Vs Brain decision.
Hoping my company gives a raise soon for me to make a decision.
Old 12th July 2022, 00:00   #6115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_shish137 View Post
Hello!
Can you pl confirm the extension cord for the 12v socket that you just mentioned?
I got it from Maruti Genuine Accessories. You need to collect it from one of the Maruti dealers or service centres after ordering it online.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 10:49   #6116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Is it possible that your TD vehicle in particular was just poorly maintained? Given that your observations in some cases are diametrically opposite to the general view, especially in comparison to an Alcazar, may I suggest that you try test driving another vehicle from another showroom perhaps.

End of the day, if you like Alcazar you should go with it, especially if your family agrees. On the bright side, your waiting period might not be as much
Hi .Thanks for the reply. I thought so too that it must be that particular vehicle which must be bad. The vehicle had hardly run 3000 kms i believe. While the Alcazar had run close to 15k kms. Ill try to get another vehicle though.
Old 12th July 2022, 11:55   #6117
BHPian

Leather key covers for the key fob have started trickling in. Ordered an unlisted item by working closely with a seller from Amazon and found the cover to be of good fit and finish. Have shared the necessary feedback with him to make the future products better. The item is expected to be listed in a month or 2 on Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220709-7.15.12-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220709-7.15.14-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220709-7.14.57-pm-1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220709-7.14.57-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220709-7.14.58-pm-1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220709-7.14.58-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220709-7.14.59-pm.jpeg  

normaltusker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 12:52   #6118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakt_23 View Post
Need some help from XUV700 petrol automatic owners. My friend has booked Petrol automatic but he is hearing it quite often that it gives a single digit fuel efficiency most of the time. In my opinion, this might be the case for city driving conditions. But if driven on highway in 80-95 kmph range, it should return 11 to 13 kmph. I have read it on few occasions but not sure about its authenticity and hence I need some owners authentic feedback on this aspect. Appreciate your honest feedback!
As per my usage in heavy Delhi traffic, you can expect 7.5-9 and on highways at constant speeds below 100 it can average 12 - 14 with light footed driving.
souvik6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 13:09   #6119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I am facing an issue with Android Auto.
If I connect my phone (galaxy s10, Android 12) via wireless AA, it connects fine, connects to Mahindra's inbuilt eSIM WiFi, but AA does not have internet access. So it results in not able to play songs via Amazon music or unable to search any destinations on GMap. For internet, I have to switch on my phone's data.

Whereas if I connect AA via USB, everything works just fine.

I have checked all settings but nothing seems to work. Anyone knows how to fix this?
Visited Sahyadri motors, Wakad workshop to fix this issue. However, I am told, there is no issue, this is how wireless Android Auto works.

Meaning, when you connect your phone to ICE using wireless AA, though it connects to ICE inbuilt WiFi, it does not have internet connection. You have to switch on your phone's data in order to access internet.

Whereas when you connect your phone to ICE using USB cable, it can access internet via ICE supplied inbuilt WiFi!

You can see the difference in the name of WiFi connection on your phone:
When it connects wirelessly, WiFi says connected for Andriod Auto
When it connects using USB cable, WiFi says connected.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 15:33   #6120

Hello!

My first post here - this forum has been so helpful for me, when I bought my Maruti Dzire before 3 years and now when I have purchased an XUV 700! We were actually waiting for the Hyundai Creta facelift (and some rivals like Toyota and Maruti) to be launched later this year and were not really looking for a 7-seater car. However, I happened to read some of the owner reviews here and on other websites as well and my wife and I saw the XUV 700 and fell in love with it. When we booked it, with an expected waiting period of 15-18 months, our reasoning was that if by Nov-Dec 2022, Creta facelift is launched and if in case, by any chance the XUV 700 is also ready then, we would be able to decide.

So, we booked XUV 700 AX7 Petrol - MT on 16th April 2022 and the expected delivered was Feb-March 2024. However, in the last week of June, I got a call from my dealer, asking if we wanted to continue the booking or cancel it/move to Scorpio N and I said that we were only interested in XUV 700 and just for the heck of it, I told them that I'm waiting for 1 more month, otherwise I'm booking MG Hector. And within 3 days of that call, I got a call again saying we have been allotted a car, as there was a cancelation and something about being next in line (later my SA vaguely told me that they put our booking number as a preference and since it was petrol and manual, we got the car in 2 months of booking it). So, after this call, I actually started considering whether to buy it or not and that's where this thread was super helpful, what with all the concerns about suspension noise, software issues, FE etc but overall, I feel its a great car and great value for the price. Anyway, so the car was invoiced to us on 30th June and we took delivery last Saturday (oh and did the PDI - checklist given here was very helpful).

There are many ownership reviews already on this thread and maybe I will post my experience after driving it for a month or so, but for now just wanted to share some points which may be helpful to others.

1) Insurance : Dealer was forcing me to buying insurance from them, with a quoted price of Rs 120,000, I got a quote a quote from outside for TATA AIG for Rs 65,000 (with Zero dep, RTI, Key and Engine cover etc) and had to fight with the dealer. I told them to write me an email saying its compulsory to buy insurance from them and that did the trick - they came back to me with a quote of 75,000 and the sales manager requested me to get it and said his job would be on the line, so I agreed but I told them I will not go for the mandatory accessories package of Rs 30,000, to which he agreed. Other than this, the whole buying experience was very smooth and service was great. No other charges like incidental charges etc charged by the dealer.

2) Accessories: So, I refused the mandatory package of Rs 30,000 and the dealer gave us pedal covers, mud flaps, screen guard and sun shades without any charges (Thanks to our SA)

Got rear bumper guard from a nearby shop at Rs 3500 (SS one), there was an all black PU one too, but it was not sturdy enough so got an SS one. Always the danger of some 2-wheeler crashing in your car from behind, in Surat.

Got 7D mats from Autotech - it's based here in Surat only, saw some post on this thread that it costed soneone Rs 6500, but I paid Rs 4500 for it, and the distributor takes another Rs 200-300 for courier charges if you want it outside Surat.

AutoTech distributor - Pintu Patel +91 95378 67304

There are also mats by Autoform which are supposedly better quality and priced at Rs 8500.

Sidesteps - As everyone knows, the company ones are the sleekest and they are charging Rs 22,750 for it, however I spoke to a couple of accessory shop owners and they said the sleek ones are not that sturdy and wont be able to hold much weight and they recommend Hikro company ones at Rs 10,000-11,000 and said there are no issues with ground clearance. However, I am still deciding on this and have not purchased yet.

Also, found a good website for buying accessories (they sell spare parts too!)

https://boodmo.com/vehicles/mahindra-278/xuv_700-12428/

Also, we checked if we could add cameras and get the 360 view with blind spot monitor (I think it's very useful) but have gathered that still the programming has not been cracked for it and an accessory shop owner said they can experiment if someone keeps the car with them for 5-10 days!

Also checked if speakers could be added (we get with AX7) but was told it cannot be done, we can add a woofer and amp if we want and change the speakers to improve the sound quality, but since we have just got the car, we might think of this later, if required.

3) I purchased the paint protection and engine polishing plan from the dealer - for Rs 14,700 and they got one coating done (it covers the underbody too, they said). A couple of shops outside quoted around Rs 13,500 with 2 year warranty and Rs 18,500 with 3 year warranty for Turtle Wax ceramic coating. I asked my SA for his suggestion and he said since my parking is covered, its not really required and he said he will get another coating done by their workshop (in the plan I purchased, without any charges). So the car was picked up yesterday and returned after another coating and SA said now the ceramic coating is not really required.

The car is great to drive, the cabin is very luxurious, love the skyroof, petrol engine is very refined and is super silent, pick-up and power is great - so not sure about the niggles and issues yet but right now, it feels like a great decision!
ishaan_999 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks