Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2022, 14:19   #5356
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Any idea on how to get rid off that particular beep at 80 KMPH ?
It is definitely an overhead specially at 80, same thing is in my NiOS as well.

Thanks.
In VAG cars this can be disabled via ECU , need to be checked via some good tuner who tune cars if they can do that.
Old 21st April 2022, 19:43   #5357
BHPian

Opinion needed BHPians

i have booked AX7 D (Non L) on 5th Feb but Now I am getting tempted to book AX5 D looking at the waiting time of 44 weeks. i called the SM and he told be to additionally book AX5 and then take whichever comes earlier. he said that 21k he will refund or Adjust in Accessories. ADAS + Cruise control + better interiors is telling me to stick to AX7.

What do you guys think i should do?

TIA
Old 21st April 2022, 21:03   #5358
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on how to get rid off that particular beep at 80 KMPH ?
It is definitely an overhead specially at 80, same thing is in my NiOS as well.

Thanks.
The primary beep (chime) triggers at 80 kmph and isn't that intrusive as it chimes only once every 2 minutes. It will continue playing every 2 minutes until the speed is reduced to 76 kmph or goes beyond 120 kmph. I don't think we can disable it.

Secondary level buzzer will trigger periodic chimes when the vehicle speed reaches 120 kmph and it will continue playing until vehicle speed is reduced to 114 kmph.
Old 22nd April 2022, 10:21   #5359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhiraj View Post
Anybody who booked on the 7th and not have their dates preponed. Mine still shows July. Feels weird with dates of people who booked later getting preponed and/or them getting intimidated by Mahindra/dealer. Am starting to lose my patience a bit now.
+1, No respite for Day 1 bookings, I guess we are at the mercy of the Algo baba who definitely has taken a lot of banned substance for sure. In the meanwhile the dealers or should I say the Apostles of the Baba are peddling lot of misinformation and minting money from others. In a way the mantra I use to keep calm and giving myself false hope is hopefully the initial niggles are fixed by the time I receive my car. Again its a hope against hope and might turnout to be hopeless. The other interesting fact is removal of features or should I say installment delivery of the car, when you want all the money upfront to close the invoicing why deliver a car in parts. Will not be surprised to hear that by the month of Aug -Sep people who booked on 7th Oct 2021 getting a steering and 4 wheels and rest of car in installment through FY23
Old 22nd April 2022, 10:37   #5360
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody who booked on the 7th and not have their dates preponed. Mine still shows July. Feels weird with dates of people who booked later getting preponed and/or them getting intimidated by Mahindra/dealer. Am starting to lose my patience a bit now.

Not sure if the season makes any difference, but don't want the car delivered during rainy season.

Am already not happy with the price bump by Mahindra again, especially for people like me, who booked on the first day(7th Oct, 2021) & have not got their cars delivered. The prices now makes me wonder if i should consider other options like Jeep Compass. Tried the Tata Safari/Harrier, but my left knee touches the body and it hurts. What other options do i have. Would have booked the MG ZS EV blindly, only if India had good EV infrastructure setup. Maybe 5/7 years down the line.

Am keeping myself cool - will wait a bit, but am also keeping a close watch on peoples reviews everyday. If Mahindra compromises on quality or starts removing any features or delays providing any more features(whatever reasons), then am definitely heading towards the Jeep Compass or other options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
+1, No respite for Day 1 bookings, I guess we are at the mercy of the Algo baba who definitely has taken a lot of banned substance for sure. In the meanwhile the dealers or should I say the Apostles of the Baba are peddling lot of misinformation and minting money from others. In a way the mantra I use to keep calm and giving myself false hope is hopefully the initial niggles are fixed by the time I receive my car. Again its a hope against hope and might turnout to be hopeless. The other interesting fact is removal of features or should I say installment delivery of the car, when you want all the money upfront to close the invoicing why deliver a car in parts. Will not be surprised to hear that by the month of Aug -Sep people who booked on 7th Oct 2021 getting a steering and 4 wheels and rest of car in installment through FY23
My AX7L D AT AWD was booked on 7th October and estimated delivery always showed June-18th to July-18th. However, I got the car delivered on 20th March after receiving communication from dealer on early allotment. All this while the website kept showing estimated delivery date as June-18th to July-18th even 10 days after my car was delivered! It got updated only on 30th March when the dealer updated my delivery, registration records, and KYC on Mahindra's system.

Don't rely on the online status of estimated delivery dates and keep the dealer engaged with regular follow ups, it helps. Wish you get your hands behind your wheels soon.
techdarshan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 10:58   #5361
A M
BHPian

A question for AX5 owners. Does it come with a cooled glovebox?
Old 22nd April 2022, 13:55   #5362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
A question for AX5 owners. Does it come with a cooled glovebox?
Nope. I think even AX7 does not get a cooled glovebox, but a cooled center console.
Old 22nd April 2022, 14:34   #5363
Senior - BHPian

Top view of the Mahindra XUV700 gears.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220422_143247.jpg

Quote:
When something is beautiful inside and out, it shows. Mesmerised by the world-class MahindraRise Chakan factory. Too many moments to count.
Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd April 2022 at 14:40.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 14:46   #5364
BHPian

Quote:

I booked my XUV 700AXL AWD on 07 Oct.
Delivery Date given to me was 26 July to 26 Aug 2022.
No change as of now.
Demoralizing to see those who booked in Dec '21, getting their cars in Apr '22.
That said, happy to see that all are enjoying the purchase
Old 22nd April 2022, 15:32   #5365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
3. Expecting the estimated delivery date to be extended further. Since the Scorpio is due for release, half of the resources (including Microchips) / manpower & production capacity may be dedicated for the Scorpio and production may decline, pushing the delivery dates by at least 6 months. While I was in the process of getting my booking cancelled, I brought up this point to the manager. He mentioned that the Scorpio release wont affect XUV deliveries as they do not share production lines. However, the issue isn't production capacity and it Shortage of microchips (at least as per Mahindra & their sales staff). Where are they going to get the additional chips that the Scorpio production needs?
Looks like the above point is turning out to be true now, irrespective of what the manager said.

I booked my AWD in Dec and the initial estimated delivery date which I got was Aug 2023 on the portal. While confirming with the dealer I got to know that it moved to May 2023 as of Mar. end in the dealer's internal system.

Now comes the shocking part, April 2nd week onwards, the portal started showing the revised delivery date of Feb. 2024. Yes, it moved from May 2023 to Feb 2024. Moved back freaking 9 months. So in total I got a waiting period of over 2 years. Even after multiple calls to the dealer, customer care numbers and area sales managers there is no clarity as to why this thing happened to me. But they have given me verbal assurance that I will receive my vehicle well before May 2023 and asked me not to take the portal seriously.

Not sure which source to believe and which to ignore. This is becoming pure chaos now.

Although I'm not in a hurry to get the car and would be ok to get it by this year end but 2024 is ridiculous.
UltraViolence is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 16:12   #5366
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Nope. I think even AX7 does not get a cooled glovebox, but a cooled center console.
Maybe I should re-phrase. Does AX5 come with a cooled glovebox/centre console/storage area?
Old 22nd April 2022, 18:47   #5367
BHPian

Question to 7OO Owners.

1. Anyone of you guys have got the rear bull bar installed on your vehicle ? If yes, would request price, picture of that product to be shared here.

Besides that, where to get that from ? M&M Dealership or After Market ?

2. Anyone got Reverse Camera from dealership ?
If yes, how is the quality ?
And does the rear view is visible on existing display screen or have they added any extra screen module ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by naveenchhillar : 22nd April 2022 at 18:57.
Old 22nd April 2022, 19:08   #5368
BHPian

Booked today AX7L D AT AWD (Mindnight Black) having a whopping waiting period of 92 weeks.

Before booking, for Test Drive, I had specifically been looking for AWD machine for it, but no dealers in Bangalore have one and Mahindra's headquarter too could not find one in Bangalore. I ended up testing AX7L P AT and AX7L D AT, one after another.

My observations about the vehicles matches with those that others have already stated so I will not repeat them but mention only those things which, I believe, are not already shared.

I test drove petrol first and then diesel and did affording in diesel - drove over large piles of broken bricks, drove on an unlaid road, drove on roads having very large potholes, did articulation on large dump of sands etc and the vehicle did really well as it always had enough torque on offer. I observed that the diesel engine was able to attain 16km/hr speed without any acceleration, which I found good.

Following information I got from my interactions with sales agents -

1) Sales proportion - 3 (petrol) : 2 (diesel); this makes me wonder why Mahindra did not think about the petrol AWD?

2) AWD forms just a small proportion of sales and I found multiple SAs making efforts to influence me into changing my mind over to non AWD. What could be the reason?

In AX7 range, tyres are 235/60 R18 Bridgestone/Apollo/MRF having 103H as Speed and Load rating. I am thinking of getting Bridgestone on the car that I will get from Mahindra but that, right now, is too far.
waypoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 22:49   #5369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypoint View Post
1) Sales proportion - 3 (petrol) : 2 (diesel); this makes me wonder why Mahindra did not think about the petrol AWD?
This is quite a surprise for me. I myself booked the petrol being bowled over. But always had this lingering feeling that an SUV and diesel are made for each other and as a petrol SUV buyer i was an outlier!
Old 23rd April 2022, 12:48   #5370
BHPian

Quote:
Question to 7OO Owners.

1. Anyone of you guys have got the rear bull bar installed on your vehicle ? If yes, would request price, picture of that product to be shared here.

Besides that, where to get that from ? M&M Dealership or After Market ?

2. Anyone got Reverse Camera from dealership ?
If yes, how is the quality ?
And does the rear view is visible on existing display screen or have they added any extra screen module ?

Thanks in advance.
I got both these things fixed in my car. Rear bumper protector, I purchased from a car accessories shop in Chennai. Paid around 7k. It’s quite strong and already a rash 2 wheeler banged on it couple of weeks back but it withstood the impact.

I bought the reverse cam from the dealer while taking the delivery. 3k was the price I think. It’s the same as the factory fit cam, except that it doesn’t have the housing that comes with the AX7 and luxury variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-ea428ff4b69347b3b60e9fbac55f99e1.jpeg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Enthusiast81 : 23rd April 2022 at 12:49.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks