Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2022, 12:02   #5236

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
6. I am also thinking of installing PPF on front and rear bumpers or the four corners. From my experience with my present XUV500 that have been very useful in protecting the paint in these scratch prone areas.

For insurance I have taken quote from Policybazar which is coming to Rs 45,000 after claiming 45% NCB from my present policy. The dealer is not pushing for any accessory or incidental charges etc.

Any advice from this group would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
I have a similar list for accessories. Unable to decide on PPF - getting a quote of 140k for the entire car and dealer is advising against part of the body (colour differential)

This quote is including GST? I applied 45% mcb and got a quote of 52k(rti, 0 dep, key replacement & Eng protection cover) for chennai (Idv of 22.89) from United India Ins.
Old 10th April 2022, 12:30   #5237

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
Hi Ramkalyan,
1. The seats are not compatible for future upgrade to ventilated seats.
2. Minister road Hyderabad had an outlet which converts regular hatches to powered doors. Not sure if it's still functional.
3. May we know which dealer you booked from pls? (I have booked with Automotive RP Road)
Congrats on your new buy
Thanks Col.Ajay, I booked from a dealer in Nalgonda (Sansai) because a close friend is related to the owner. That apparently did not help in anyway the delivery schedule because M&M tightly controls everything.
Old 10th April 2022, 12:59   #5238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraharah View Post
I have a similar list for accessories. Unable to decide on PPF - getting a quote of 140k for the entire car and dealer is advising against part of the body (colour differential)

This quote is including GST? I applied 45% mcb and got a quote of 52k(rti, 0 dep, key replacement & Eng protection cover) for chennai (Idv of 22.89) from United India Ins.
In my opinion full PPF is not worth it for following reasons
1. Prohibitive cost for a good self healing PPF
2. In case of a major dent/scratch, denting painting may be required any way
3. With PPF on you can never get the real feel of your painted car surface, you know what I mean.

My current 500 is sunset orange and has the four corners protected with PPF, I found no change in colour in the last 5 years.

There is too much hype about PPF and Ceramic Coating in the last couple of years.in case of an accident these things cannot save the paint. If you take good care of your car the paint can be maintained in good condition. Watch this video
sudhirjaipur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 13:33   #5239
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkalyan View Post
Thanks Col.Ajay, I booked from a dealer in Nalgonda (Sansai) because a close friend is related to the owner. That apparently did not help in anyway the delivery schedule because M&M tightly controls everything.
What if an XUV700 reaches the dealership and the orginal allottee refuses to take delivery due to some reason? Normally in such cases the ball is in dealer's park and they sell the car to their accquiantices or anyone who pays cash upfront. Is Mahindra using another approach here like alloting the said car to the next person in line?
Old 10th April 2022, 13:47   #5240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Don't bother with PPF. They are really meant to be used on very high end exotic cars like Lambos or classic ferraris which lose value if their original paint is damaged. If you get into an accident, 70% of the time you will lose your PPF too and that also needs to be re-applied after you repair and paint your car

I think its a massive marketing campaign that is responsible for the sudden increase in people thinking they need PPF on their mass market cars. For the price of applying PPF, you can repaint whatever damage is caused to your car or even replace the panel entirely and thus get it completely new looking. My current car has had multiple bumps and small accidents repaired and repainted at the dealership itself and it cost me barely a fraction of the amount PPF would have cost, especially with insurance. It also looks completely new since I think I have replaced the bumper almost every 2 years
Cresterk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 14:13   #5241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Normally in such cases the ball is in dealer's park and they sell the car to their accquiantices or anyone who pays cash upfront. Is Mahindra using another approach here like alloting the said car to the next person in line?
Yes, Mahindra has a strict policy of cancellations going to the next person in line as per algorithm. I had a detailed discussion about this with my Mahindra dealer and this is what he told me:

1. When a delivery is refused/cancelled, the dealer notifies Mahindra.
2. Mahindra then sends the dealer a list of next people in line.
3. Dealer calls up the people in that list and asks if they're willing to take delivery.
4. Dealer then sends Mahindra the name of person from that list who is willing to take the delivery and then Mahindra approves it.
5. Mahindra's explicit approval is required before a car is invoiced and sent for reg, so the dealer has to get approval and cannot just sell the car at a premium to others. (at least in Mumbai)

The only case in which Mahindra allows for booking transfer is if the person is an immediate blood relative of the original customer. (cousins, distant relatives, friends don't count).

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 10th April 2022 at 14:16.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 14:35   #5242
BHPian

Hi guys

I recently got my XUV700. I did not opt for the extended warranty then, but since 60 days have not passed since, I am getting the EW at the same price.

However, the dealership is offering for me to purchase the extended warranty from themselves and are throwing in some added benefits -

1. Anti Rust Coating or Teflon Coating (any-one)
2. Car Wash Coupon
3. Car Dry Clean Coupon

This is my first time purchasing extended warranty. Is this a good enough deal or should I negotiate more? If I should be negotiating more, what more should I ask of?

Also, do you need to purchase the extended warranty from the original dealership itself (from where we purchased the car) or can we pursue some other dealership as well?

Thanks in advance!

P. S. - In case anyone is wondering, the dealership is Durga Motors, Moti Nagar, Delhi
rnkgrg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 17:00   #5243
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know if Apple Carplay is now active on XUV700?
Not yet, still says coming soon
Old 10th April 2022, 18:03   #5244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur
Does anyone know if Apple Carplay is now active on XUV700?
Quote:
Nope… checked with the Sa yesterday during my pdi… another 3 months is his estimate
As per customer care it’s expected to launch end of this month.

Name:  3C6D586BE6EF4836BC961C2CDE0D5495.jpeg
Views: 2750
Size:  220.8 KB
Old 10th April 2022, 18:21   #5245
BHPian

Its been 10 days of pure bliss with my white Sabertooth , so thought of penning down my entire experience right from beginning to owning this beast.

Although we had multiple cars in our family ( city,duster,getz, xcent,verna), almost all were owned/driver by my brother. my first car was TATA ZEST which i owned for 6 years. It was a complete niggle free experience ( except battery issue once) which led to me looking to exchange it for my dream car- SAFARI. Still remember the old advertisements of Safari with the tag line of "Reclaim your life" and i always thought of owning it one day. Was very happy to see Tata launching/rebadging the Gravitas as Safari and was decided on getting it. However had few issues with it:

i) The exteriors are awesome but interior wise, i dint get the feel of a major upgrade from my Zest.
ii) I am 6.2 feet and my knees were touching the dashboard, it was very inconvenient
iii) No 360 degree camera, none of the gizmos which Hyundai offered ( like blind view monitoring, ventilated seats etc)
iv) No AWD or 4x4 .

But compared to other cars in the market at that price point, i couldn't find any other car which came close to it. And yes i considered Alcazar also. Dint like it from the beginning plus the power ratio is too less for a SUV/7 seater. Also saw the XUV500 and came close to booking it( was getting it for 23 lakhs on road ) but was advised by the Sales to wait for the launch of XUV700 and then decide.

I wanted an All in one go anywhere car and thus the wait continued. At that time the announcement came that Mahindra is launching the new XUV and it got me excited. But i was still circumspect as i thought the price will be way beyond my budget. There were rumors that the price might be between 25-30 lakhs , so i was sure that i cannot afford it. But still waited for it to launch and kept on drooling over its promos. The only bummer was the pre -release leaked picture of it which dashed my hopes. Went to the Freedom drive in Aug 21 and was blown away by the looks of it. Waited with baited breath for the launch prices and was giggling when they announced it. Did a test drive on the launch day and immediately decided to book it. Although the test drive was a short one, but still loved the way it drove.

Loved the power figures ,ADAS, other features and the fact that it was also coming in AWD version. It ticked all the boxes and i paid the dealer the pre-booking amount ( yes the dealers started accepting pre bookings from 2nd October itself). Was disappointed to know that there was no AWD Luxury variant and i voiced my opinion with the dealership manager. He told he will pass the feedback to Mahindra and after 2 days, got the news that Mahindra has added the AWD luxury variant. Immediately told the dealer to book it and it was done at 10 am on 7th october. Was very happy to book the variant i wanted and the fact that my booking was within the 1st 15k bookings. Got the mail and message from Mahindra and started dreaming about the driving experience.

And here where the realities of life started. Was pestering the sales agent for a longer test drive and at last got one in december 21. Loved the way it handled and the drive experience. But forgot to test it in my parking lot which is a bit smaller. . Got a mail from Mahindra that my delivery will be on 7th Feb 22 and started preparing the finances. Welcome to the new year and the first news i got was that my sales agent at BG road has resigned and my booking has been transferred to Anant cars Mysore road. Spoke to the Manager there and was assured that i will get my vehicle on the promised date. Put my old Tata Zest for sale and was able to see it for a good price . Was looking for car lease from my company but got to know that i missed the eligibility by 2000 rs. Tried all ways to convince my company and the dealer but it dint work out. In the meantime, 7th feb came and went and the vehicle was nowhere in sight. I was left with no car , no finance and got hit by Covid also. Started pestering the dealer and they gave a new date of 13-27th feb. The routine of daily followups started and in the meantime spoke to the Car loan ppl and got a good deal ( 6.8%) from BOI. With the loan sorted, i was looking for some word from Mahindra.

Even after multiple assurances from the dealer, the next delivery date was also missed. I was frustrated and started looking for advice on how to escalate it. Thanks to the good ppl from this forum, got the mail id of SVP -customer experience and wrote a scathing mail to him.He responded immediately and promised that my vehicle will be delivered in March. Also spoke to the General Manager and got the new date of 2nd-17th march. Was apprehensive on these dates but had no option but to wait. And believe me, i never had that much need of a car than in these 2 months of not having one. Every other day, i had some or other work which required lot distance commute. Was badly missed by Jackie ( Zest). Then on 7th March, got the news that the vehicle has been allotted to me and it will be delivered in 4-5 days. My car loan was already approved, so was waiting for PDI, so that i can pay the dealer and take my car. The next 5 days went in a jiffy and guess what- nothing happened. 5 days became 10,then 15 but the vehicle was nowhere in sight. Again escalated and got to know that the vehicle was not shipped yet. At this point, i was so frustrated with Mahindra and their handling that i decided to cancel my booking and go with Safari. Gave myself one more day and voila, got the news the next day that the vehicle has reached the dealership.

Went for PDI with Team BHP's checklist and completed it successfully. Money was paid and the vehicle was delivered to me on 1st April. Yes, got my WHITE SABERTOOTH DIEGO on Fool's day . Here is my few bits on it:

1) Price of the vehicle was 2289000+475479( road tax)+2600( reg charges)+600(fast tag)+27000( ext. warranty)
2) Insurance quote was 127000 from dealer but they agreed on matching it from outside. Got 2 quotes from Policy bazaar and acko for around 70K and the dealer agreed to match it. With a NCB of 50% from my previous car, got the insurance done for 57k with RTI, 0 DEP, Engine cover,RSA(Edelwiess)
3) Got ceramic quotes from multiple dealers and decided to go with Mahindra for 40k ( full body, wheels,plastic,glass). Plus they added free ppf for mirrors.
4) Got the below accessories from Mahindra/Outside
Airbag friendly seat covers
Side step
7d mats
rear seat entertainment (2)
Body side molding
sun film for rear and side
12v-220v converter
side beading
door protector
front sensors
pedal covers
Screen protector and Scuff protectors ( tail gate and sides)
Rear guard
Antirust coating and steering cover

Cost me another 1.5 lakhs for the above. So the price of vehicle was 30 Lakhs for me on road with all accessories.

Few observations:

a) Car drives like a charm. Raced and beat a fortuner( not an actual race) in one of my drives.You will feel like reciting this dialogue “Kabhi kabhi lagta hai, apun hi bhagwan hai".Nothing can touch you when you are inside it. No potholes,no bumpers, no outside vehicles
b) Goes to 3 digit figures just like that. You have to be very careful of the silly speeds you are doing.Otherwise the traffic cops will be very happy with you. I missed the traffic cops 3 times now in the past week itself. Car holds the road and nowhere you will feel like losing the grip. Cornering stability is also awesome.
c) Best thing is that its not just the driver but the 2nd row people also will not have any issues on its handling. They were most comfortable in the back seat.
d) 3rd row is usable . Just that the ppl there have to adjust a little. Sliding 2nd row is sorely missed here
e) Felt that the vehicle struggles a little bit between 30-40 speed. It is not picking the next gear.Not sure if it is calibration or the turbo lag but surely between 30-40, the RPM goes beyond 2000. Will show it in the first service.
f) Alexa behaves weird. Sometimes accepts the commands and sometimes stays silent. My son is enjoying playing with her. Android auto works with cable but has issues connecting wirelessly. Will check it in the 1st service.
g) Have driven 1k in 1 week, so will be sending it for its 1st service tomorrow.
h) No issues apart from the above. Tires are bridgestone ecospice and they are good.
i) Dint use the AWD ( my variant is AX7L AWD) yet but happy to have it.
j) Mileage is around 14 ( tank full method) which i hope is good.
k) Haven't checked ADAS or other features yet. Was lost in the driving pleasure till now. Will explore those options this week.

My apologies for the long post. Hoping i have covered everything. Leaving with few pictures of Diego
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220325-14.20.37.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220325-14.06.06.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220409-20.40.17.jpeg  

rambharat is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 20:43   #5246
BHPian

Congrats on finally getting your car, great write up as well!

Can you answer a couple of questions about the below accessories?

1. Which seat cover is this? Are you sure it doesn’t hamper the seat airbags?
2. Which product for rear seat entertainment?
3. Do the front sensors integrate into the camera app in infotainment system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Airbag friendly seat covers
rear seat entertainment (2)
front sensors

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 10th April 2022 at 20:47.
Old 10th April 2022, 22:05   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post
However, the dealership is offering for me to purchase the extended warranty from themselves and are throwing in some added benefits -

1. Anti Rust Coating or Teflon Coating (any-one)
2. Car Wash Coupon
3. Car Dry Clean Coupon

This is my first time purchasing extended warranty. Is this a good enough deal or should I negotiate more? If I should be negotiating more, what more should I ask of?
Always take the maximum extended warranty from the manufacturer - never from the dealership. Manufacturer warranty is honoured across all dealers and this way you will not be locked in with a dealer for any repairs. Extended Warranty can also be purchased online through the With You Hamesha app.
Old 10th April 2022, 22:36   #5248
BHPian

Quote:

There is too much hype about PPF and Ceramic Coating in the last couple of years.in case of an accident these things cannot save the paint. If you take good care of your car the paint can be maintained in good condition. Watch this video
https://Youtu.be/GmvExN3fEs4
Thanks for sharing the video. I think in most cases detailing shops are charging insanely high amount for PPF or ceramic coating.

I got my XUV 700 done with TPU self healing PPF on bumper corners, doors & bonnet to protect from stone chipping & other minor damage. Remaining parts of the car were applied a ceramic coating to protect the paint from bird droppings, tree sap, etc. It all costed me Rs 30K, with a warranty of 3 years. I knew the owner of the workshop.
I think this is the max cost one should think of spending on the exterior protection. I was hesitant to spend, but had seen the results on year old harrier which motivated to get the treatment done.
nickelniks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 01:13   #5249
BHPian

Took Delivery of My Ax7 AWD without the L Pack on 24.03.2022.
I have got both the keys with the car however the rear sequential indicators dont work. I went to the MASS yesterday, where they connected the laptop to check if everything is alright.
Upon inquiry, they checked the VIN in the database to confirm if the rear sequential indicators have been disabled and shall be provided later. The person could not provide any info on that and I was told that they need to open the rear lights to check if any parts are missing. Could not do that as I didnt have about 2 hours which I was told shall be the time required.
I am a bit hesitant in that as I dont want any rattles due to any loose nuts after the checkup.
Also, while I was cleaning the car today morning, both the screens went blank and horizontal and vertical lines (red and blue) appeared on both the screens along with pops and cracking sound coming from the speakers. After a while, the screen came back to normal, however I could feel an issue with the refresh rate on one of the screens.
Will inform the MASS about the issue.
Dont know if the issue crept after the laptop was connected via the OBD port or its just timing.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 05:55   #5250
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Yes, Mahindra has a strict policy of cancellations going to the next person in line as per algorithm. I had a detailed discussion about this with my Mahindra dealer and this is what he told me:
...When a delivery is refused/cancelled, the
The only case in which Mahindra allows for booking transfer is if the person is an immediate blood relative of the original customer. (cousins, distant relatives, friends don't count).
That is something rarely seen in our market and it should be a standard practice across the industry. As far as I know, no company maintains wait list like Mahindra is doing
By the way, what is the expected waiting period on AX5 diesel (or any other variant) if booked today?

Last edited by sbm : 11th April 2022 at 05:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks