Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:23   #5146
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
You did mention about your wife also using the vehicle. For that, I would strongly suggest waiting for the XUV. Even on other counts, it is too good (not saying safari is any less).
Ditto, it is worth the wait, my wife also found it easy to drive. Even I am waiting since Oct 7, the website now shows delivery between April 10-17.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 14:12   #5147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post

I have two questions:

A. Should I continue waiting? Will Mahindra be able to deliver cars in even 6 months’ time? There were posts suggesting that production will increase, but monthly sales figures are not even touching 4-5k XUV 700s! The wait is just grueling. Any insights? @ram87pune sir, miss your updates!
B. Should I forget about XUV 700 and go for Safari? After the #Dark edition, the Kaziranga is looking even more stunning. My personal favourite though is the Adventure Persona. But knowing what I will miss, I am not able to make up my mind! Just feels like a bad deal for the money. I did not mention ADAS till now as its usability is something I can only judge after using properly, but nonetheless I want it!
Waiting periods are not that bad as it made out to be through media or general perception.
I had booked my petrol AX7 automatic on 18th Dec on their portal. It showed May-June 2023 delivery date. I was but I knew it won't take that long.
Got my XUV alloted on 18th March, brought her home yesterday. Flat 3 months. From 15 months to 3 months is something

Nothing comes close to XUV's petrol refinement and muscle. So don't compromise on what you want by just looking at waiting periods. If you can wait, it's totally worth it.
StepUP! is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 19:56   #5148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Update 2 April morning.
Final update 3 April
After some extensive investigation by the workshop team, the alignment has been sorted out. It seems there was some sort of incorrect learning in the SAS sensors which resulted in car pulling left despite wheel alignment being ok. They did recalibration again a few times (i don't have details of how this one was different from previous one), and now it's driving pretty good. I will be testing it further in coming days.
The underbody sound has also disappeared for now - they tightened the underbody shield. However i suspect this might re appear.
Closing this thread.

PS: highly appreciate the prompt action of area customer care team - the area incharge was at the workshop, took the test drive with me and was personally directing senior technicians to look into the issue. Later tracked and followed up with the team as well. Very impressed!

PS again: my belief that this car is overly complex for today's workshops gets reinforced at both workshops only selected technicians were qualified enough. In some other XUV700s they were doing remote sessions with plant teams to resolve specific complaints.

Last edited by piyush1.a : 3rd April 2022 at 19:59.
piyush1.a is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 23:20   #5149
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I just completed 1100 km Nagpur to Bangalore drive, with a stopover at Hyderabad in a XUV 7OO P AT
I travelled with my wife & 2.5 yrs old son. I drove 100% of the way.
Here are my observations.

Performance & Handling -
Absolutely phenomenal. Power is always available & overtakes are easy.
The car easily cruises at 120 kmph with engine at 2krpm.
Engine is barely audible.
Highway curves are handled easily while giving full confidence to the driver. Body roll is well contained.
Absolutely in love with the car & did not feel tired even after 1100+ kms of driving. Max speed I went to was 120, that too when road was open & obstruction free for a long way ahead.

High speed comfort is good, and potholes are well absorbed. Though some potholes do filter in at times, and it is unpredictable which potholes will be absorbed which will filter through. At speeds of 110+ a mild vibration was felt in the front section of the vehicle, not sure if it is due to balancing problem or suspention passing on the road undulation. Pls let me know if anyone else felt these vibrations at high speeds. This was mor prominent when tyre temperature was 55+ & pressure was 36+ due to the high temperature.

Mileage -
Though not important. But i reset the trip just before start.
MID showed 13.5 kmpl till Hyderabad, 12.5 before entering Bangalore & 11.7 when I reached home. Sunday Ugadi traffic was at its peak & airport to bellandur took me 2 hours.
Did not test with tankful method. But I am satisfied with the numbers. Most of the journey was done at speeds of 100-110 kmph..

Comfort -
Seats are accomodating & comfortable. Tyre noise could have been better.
The only sore point is the AC vents in second row, they are too low & woefully inadequate. While the overall AC is powerful, second row occupants are left wanting due to the poor blower design.

ADAS -
I was of the opinion that ADAS would be useful on such a long highway drive. But, boy was I wrong.
Lane keep assist - just does not work on a 4 lane highway system where no one follows the lane discipline. It keeps beeping & correcting too often. Switched it off in the first 30 mins.
ACC - Cruise control works well for the most part. But when it detects a slow moving vehicle up ahead, it applies brakes pretty hard. Making the ride uncomfortable.
Also, if the smart pilot assist is tick marked, lane keep assist automatically turns on during cruise control. I had to take a second stop to figure this out & disable it.
ACC needs to be disabled everytime there are slow moving vehicles in both the lanes, otherwise ACC applied hard brakes on detecting the vehicle up ahead.
Overall, lot of jugglery is required to make ACC work. There were times when I just decided to drive without ACC, as I did not want to do all the jugglery.
ADAS features work well on expressways. Like Hyderabad ORR, in that road, i could switch on all features & relax a bit while driving.

Overall summary - XUV 700 is a fantastic vehicle, which the entire family will love.
Having driven Harrier, innova & fortuner in the past. I would say XUV is better than all of them in terms of power, space, comfort & refinement as on overall package. Yes, even fortuner (may be an unpopular opinion).

Last edited by Sheel : 4th April 2022 at 10:49. Reason: Merged Back to Back posts.
nickelniks is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 12:18   #5150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
ADAS -
I was of the opinion that ADAS would be useful on such a long highway drive. But, boy was I wrong.
Lane keep assist - just does not work on a 4 lane highway system where no one follows the lane discipline. It keeps beeping & correcting too often. Switched it off in the first 30 mins.
Is turning off ADAS simple and quick?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th April 2022 at 07:00. Reason: Capitalising, punctuations. Please proof read your posts before submitting.
Old 4th April 2022, 14:43   #5151
BHPian

Quote:
MID showed 13.5 kmpl till Hyderabad, 12.5 before entering Bangalore & 11.7 when I reached home.
This mileage is impressive! This is inspiring and would try cruising around 90-100 in the next trip.

Quote:
ACC - Cruise control works well for the most part. But when it detects a slow moving vehicle up ahead, it applies brakes pretty hard. Making the ride uncomfortable.
Did you try reducing the time gap between vehicles? That made the braking much more natural for me.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 15:08   #5152
BHPian

After long time, I thought of checking my booking status and I was in for a surprise.
My booking is gone!! Cant see anything under my bookings!
Anyone else has faced this issue?

I have not received any communication on my email or phone regarding this. Hope its just a glitch and not cancellation.

Reached out to dealer and yet to hear back from him.

BTW I have booked AX7 D MT on the first day and estimated delivery is Aug22.
Old 4th April 2022, 15:10   #5153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@SIM View Post
Is turning off ADAS simple and quick?
Not really. Each individual feature needs to be switched off using the steering controls. Takes about 12-15 clicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Did you try reducing the time gap between vehicles? That made the braking much more natural for me.
I drove at normal safe highway speeds 100-110 kph, which gave a good mileage. Screenshot below.

How to reduce the gap between the vehicles? I Could not find it in any settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220402_173941279.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220402_174000866_hdr.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220403_201325518.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220403_201339660.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th April 2022 at 07:00. Reason: Back to back posts, quoted post edited.
nickelniks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 17:02   #5154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
After long time, I thought of checking my booking status and I was in for a surprise.

I have not received any communication on my email or phone regarding this. Hope its just a glitch and not cancellation.

Same here, But the showroom called this morning and told me that the car has been billed it would take 12-15 days for it to reach Bangalore. I haven't received a official confirmation by e-mail or text message . and the Booking status shows empty !

Buying this car has been the most challenging experience in my life ! I Literally had to beg and plead with them almost 30 times for an update. My question is, if they had it automated they have to make sure at least the website is free of glitches, They could just put up a "Updates" popup or something when you land on XUV700 official website.

The buying process to the equipment availability or even the communication is by far the worst I have experienced, Why are we(the customers) expected to know about all of this thru Team BHP or other sources ?Its sad that the company that can make a good car cannot send an automated e-mail update for this.
sriku23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 17:16   #5155
BHPian

Quote:
Not really. Each individual feature needs to be switched off using the steering controls. Takes about 12-15 clicks

I drove at normal safe highway speeds 100-110 kph, which gave a good mileage. Screenshot below.

How to reduce the gap between the vehicles? I Could not find it in any settings.
Please check the videos in youtube from jojowheelie. It should be there.
Old 4th April 2022, 17:16   #5156

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Waiting periods are not that bad as it made out to be through media or general perception.
I had booked my petrol AX7 automatic on 18th Dec on their portal. It showed May-June 2023 delivery date. I was but I knew it won't take that long.
Got my XUV alloted on 18th March, brought her home yesterday. Flat 3 months. From 15 months to 3 months is something

Nothing comes close to XUV's petrol refinement and muscle. So don't compromise on what you want by just looking at waiting periods. If you can wait, it's totally worth it.
Petrol bookings are getting delivered much earlier than projected. I got mine in 3.5 months, against the projected time of 6 months, which was booked on 2nd day. The Petrol engine is raw power, with no car in this price point at this moment. I guess most waiting is in Diesel engine higher variants.
Old 4th April 2022, 17:35   #5157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post

Same here, Same model same delivery time frame i.e. Aug-Sep'22 and Midnight black from Ananta cars Bangalore. I just hope we are not falling prey to some scam here. I even tried the customer care and the showroom no response from either one of them.

Last edited by Monty1 : 4th April 2022 at 17:40. Reason: additional detail
Old 4th April 2022, 17:48   #5158
BHPian

Latest Update:

1. Customer care lady asked me to send a complaint via e-mail so they can check with backend team. When I asked for delivery update she mentioned "Your car has been sent to dealership on Feb22" I was shocked as the portal was showing delivery as Aug22 till last week. They asked me to check with the dealer directly.

2. Called up the dealer, he says the customer care doesn't know all the details and as per him the updated date is July.

I feel there is some kind of scam happening here. How come dealer has more information than customer care? I should have kept calling customer care to get an update instead of dealer all these days.
RachhaMan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 18:00   #5159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Cruise Control Button cluster has the center click. Press it to reduce the car gap. It works in a cyclic manner.

See below:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-acc.jpg
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 19:24   #5160
BANNED

Hi
I'm planning to buy XUV 700 MX Diesel variant. It would be my first car ever. Any idea about the waiting period for it, in North India? Moreover, how should I go about it as I have no prior experience or friend who can guide me through the process.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks