Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2022, 10:52   #5326
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Have you added any accessories at all? I have an MX Petrol booked for a relative and we are considering adding:
  • 17 inch alloys from the AX5
  • Fog lamps
  • Reverse parking camera
  • Window sill Matt chrome applique

All of these are available from the Mahindra M2All store.

What is the exact fuel efficiency you are getting?
I did get some accessories from M2ALL, some from external vendors and few more will be added during first service as M2ALL/Dealer did not have them during delivery, also I am not a chrome guy so avoided any applique:-
  1. Art Leather Seat Covers, Arm Rest cover, & Steering Wrap
  2. Wheel Caps
  3. Paddle Covers
  4. Basic Scuff Protectors
  5. Car Cover
  6. 7D Mats
  7. Pending - Mud Flaps
  8. Pending - Reverse Camera
  9. Pending - Fog Lamps
  10. Pending - Puddle Lamps - Doubtful
  11. Front Sensors - Doubtful

Have not tested fuel economy using tank-2-tank method yet but MID shows anywhere between 4 - 10 km based on traffic conditions, on an average am getting 6.5 km, also I am not a heavy driver as I mostly keep rpms within 2.5K range.
Old 19th April 2022, 14:47   #5327
BHPian

This video is worth a watch.

sudhirjaipur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 17:24   #5328
BHPian

Mahindra's delivery situation is getting ridiculous by the day. I have a couple of issues with how Mahindra is addressing the demand Vs Supply and also how they are trying to milk their customers who seem to be at their mercy.

I booked mine (AX7 AT Diesel) early December 2021 and got the delivery date of June 2023. I was hesitant to book back then, looking at the ridiculous waiting time but then the dealership staff said that this you will get it in 6 months as Mahindra is ramping up production and also sourcing microchips from multiple vendors. As I was smitten by the car, I hoped for the best and booked. Since booking, the price has been hiked twice and by the time I get the car (if this ever happened ) the price would be close to 30Lakhs on road after a couple of more rounds of price hikes. Also, the car will be due for a facelift by then and prices may go up by a couple of lakhs.

I finally lost patience. As I am due to upgrade my car and cannot wait any longer, I cancelled my booking over the weekend.

Here are my top reasons for being disappointed by the way Mahindra is handling this:

1. Mahindra simply doesn't have the capacity to manufacture cars to deliver to their customers. I believe their current bookings stand at around 1.5 lakhs to 2 lakh bookings were customers have paid Rs 21,000 and are awaiting delivery. The capacity on the other hand is 6,000 units / month. (Doesn't appear to be increasing). Quick math tells you it will take over 2 years for them to deliver the current bookings at this pace.

2. Inconsistent & opaque booking & delivery. I know someone who booked at the same time I booked mine and already got his delivered. My aunt got her XUV 700 delivered in less than 2 months as she knows the dealership owner. (I also tried this route but failed)
Mahindra doesn't rally care about customers waiting for a car after paying the booking amount and being the dark. I however got multiple calls for feedback from Mahindra. I don't understand what kind of feedback they are looking for. I also got calls and the brochure for accessories (for a non existent car).
In short, Mahindra should have limits on booking. Don't take more bookings than what they can deliver in 4 to 6 months. I believe some manufacturers do this.

3. Expecting the estimated delivery date to be extended further. Since the Scorpio is due for release, half of the resources (including Microchips) / manpower & production capacity may be dedicated for the Scorpio and production may decline, pushing the delivery dates by at least 6 months. While I was in the process of getting my booking cancelled, I brought up this point to the manager. He mentioned that the Scorpio release wont affect XUV deliveries as they do not share production lines. However, the issue isn't production capacity and it Shortage of microchips (at least as per Mahindra & their sales staff). Where are they going to get the additional chips that the Scorpio production needs?

Last edited by vb-saan : 20th April 2022 at 09:33. Reason: typo
Pri2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 18:40   #5329
Distinguished - BHPian

In a nutshell, it’s the classic Indian jugaad at play. Whoever can pull some strings is doing so and getting their cars allocated. Then there is the option to pay your way to the front of the queue. Dealers have a massive opportunity here to extract the maximum moolah from each sale. So it is not really in their best interest to honour bookings in a FIFO (first in, first out) manner.

Customers waiting patiently are being shafted twice over - delayed deliveries + increased cost. Mahindra is probably busy counting the money in the bank and not really bothered about where or whom it comes from! A sold car is a sold car for them.

This is one tunnel, at the end of which, I don’t see any light.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 20:10   #5330
BHPian

I have recently got the XUV 7OO. It is a monster. Would suggest you wait for your XUV. It will be worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
I have two questions:

A. Should I continue waiting? Will Mahindra be able to deliver cars in even 6 months’ time? There were posts suggesting that production will increase, but monthly sales figures are not even touching 4-5k XUV 700s! The wait is just grueling. Any insights? @ram87pune sir, miss your updates!
B. Should I forget about XUV 700 and go for Safari? After the #Dark edition, the Kaziranga is looking even more stunning. My personal favourite though is the Adventure Persona. But knowing what I will miss, I am not able to make up my mind! Just feels like a bad deal for the money. I did not mention ADAS till now as its usability is something I can only judge after using properly, but nonetheless I want it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
As the car went for its first service today (more on that later), it seems like a good time to finally write an initial ownership report
My XUV’s Alexa is erratic. Sometimes works sometimes does not. Have you faced anything similar?

Quote:
Mod Note - Please quote only relevant portion.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th April 2022 at 04:44. Reason: Merging back to back posts & trimming quoted text
abhijeetsng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 09:19   #5331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
I did get some accessories from M2ALL, some from external vendors and few more will be added during first service as M2ALL/Dealer did not have them during delivery
Has any AX3 or MX owner tried to use the LED headlamp offered by the official M2All store? It claims to convert the halogen headlamp to LED. I wonder if this would provide sufficient throw and also not be too distracting for oncoming drivers? It is also not clear if this doubles up for low beam and high beam or only covers high beam. A set of two will set one back by 18K but my relative is interested in getting these installed in her MX Petrol that is set to arrive anytime soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-capture.png  

Old 20th April 2022, 09:31   #5332
Distinguished - BHPian

@84.monsoon - Staring right at you is Luminous flux in the specs, It is less than equivalent 55W halogen lamp. You will get white light but that is about it.

This is a similar story with most LED retrofits , less light output overall.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 11:19   #5333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
This video is worth a watch.

https://Youtu.be/ZK1YxOUeNjg
Very true. All the points mentioned are correct. I also have the AWD variant and have observed these issues. Additionally i cannot connect to Android Auto wirelessly on my RealmeXT phone. Service center says Realme phones cannot do that even though my OS is Android 11. I have to make do with the wired connectivity only. Not sure how the Vendor matters when the OS is the same.
Old 20th April 2022, 11:27   #5334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
I finally lost patience. As I am due to upgrade my car and cannot wait any longer, I cancelled my booking over the weekend.
Curious to know what you are purchasing as an alternative? Completely agree that Mahindra should possibly stop taking new bookings and quoting 2024 as possible delivery dates. Having said that, I have decided to wait as suggested by many fellow Team BHPians! Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get lucky with an early delivery
GPJ_23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 16:31   #5335
BHPian

Quote:
Curious to know what you are purchasing as an alternative? Completely agree that Mahindra should possibly stop taking new bookings and quoting 2024 as possible delivery dates. Having said that, I have decided to wait as suggested by many fellow Team BHPians! Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get lucky with an early delivery
I currently drive a Fiat Punto Diesel which is 12 years old & has been driven almost 1.5 lakh kms. I love this car and never had any issues. The need for a newer ride is due to a couple of things like safety (airbags / ABS) parts due to be replaced due to the age of the vehicle, space to accommodate additional members in the family etc.

My top requirements currently are:
1. Safety (All the safety equipment that modern cars have)
2. Diesel (I drive to work and I keep travelling to my hometown & in laws often ~1K round trip every month + I am addicted to the torque + low running costs due to my usage)
3. Space 6 or 7 seater (can compromise)

To be honest, the XUV 700 was the perfect car for me. Ticked all boxes related to space, safety, bells and whistles and was well priced too. Rarely you see such a combination. The variant I had booked was a Diesel - A7X Auto.

I was also interested in the Nexon EV when the XUV 700 was launched. But as the charging infrastructure wasn't available on my travel routes, I did not consider it back then. Fast forward 6 months, I have 2 fast charging stations on the same route. And come to think of it, my EV options also have increased. I am currently looking at the MG ZS EV & the Nexon EV.
Pri2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 16:58   #5336
BHPian

Quote:
Good decision. I dont think there is any vehicle south of 30 Lakhs which has got this impressive package. The only car which comes close is Safari but going with it is individual choice ( i personally loved the looks but dint feel it was an upgrade from my existing Tata Car). The moment you get you hands on the XUV, i am sure you will forget all these negative talks and the waiting pain.
rambharat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 17:05   #5337
BHPian

Just completed one month with my XUV700 AX7L D AT AWD and with 1500kms on the ODO, here is the list of features I personally never knew existed and only discovered during my first month of ownership -
  1. That sweet sounding turn indicator notification with an option to select from 3 different sounds and 3 levels of volume adjustments too!
  2. Sweet sounding driver/co-driver seat belt alert
  3. Average Fuel Efficiency (AFE) auto reset option after ignition or after refueling
  4. Valet mode to set the vehicle in a predefined state when giving for valet parking
  5. Cornering lamp integrated with the fog lamps illuminating the road in the direction of turn, love it.
  6. Driver info cluster displaying Turn by Turn Navigation info and Full / Partial Map view from Android auto or native navigation
  7. Tiretronics equipped with additional features like Tyre Temperature, High Temperature alert, Tyre Fill Assist and Tyre Auto Learn - not sure if such features are a standard in today's world.
  8. Tyre Direction Monitoring System (TDMS) - while I was aware this feature exists, it's such a boon and makes the life much easier.
  9. Favorite function for the Driver info cluster displaying the screen which was already saved as favorite
  10. Configurable Lane Keep Assist to set the Lane Departure Warning at "Warning Only" level, a welcome feature if you find "Warning + Assist" to intrusive to your liking.
  11. Steering wheel vibrations along with beeps to alert driver during Lane Departure Warning or Auto Emergency Braking (AEB)
  12. Single beep when vehicle speed crosses 80kmph and continuous beeps after reaching 120kmph.
  13. Useful alert when the mobile device is left in the wireless charging tray after ignition is off and driver door is open
  14. Scheduled service alert that is displayed 200kms before the service is due. I saw this alert after reaching 800kms on the ODO for the first service that is due at 1000kms.
  15. Lack of pre-installed, factory fitted SD card for the Drive Video Recording (DVR) system - you need to purchase the same as an accessory! Also, you can only re-play the recorded videos from the infotainment screen and can't transfer them to your personal device.
techdarshan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 17:45   #5338
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked an MX Petrol on 7th October, got delivery on 1st March and simply putting it, I JUST LOVE my drives with XUV700 MX Petrol.

For a month and a half and 600+ odd kms on the odo I have faced ZERO Niggles. Probably less tech = Reliable Mahindra. ICE and electricals are working seamlessly so are all mechnicals.
Thank you for your unbiased views, tremendously helpful to people like me in taking the right decision with a new platform.
Here's wishing you many years of pleasant rides ahead.
dust-n-bones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 19:51   #5339
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked an MX Petrol on 7th October, got delivery on 1st March and simply putting it, I JUST LOVE my drives with XUV700 MX Petrol.

For a month and a half and 600+ odd kms on the odo I have faced ZERO Niggles. Probably less tech = Reliable Mahindra. ICE and electricals are working seamlessly so are all mechnicals.
I got the delivery of AX7 Luxury Petrol Automatic on 12 April and have been driving it around town. Loving the smooth and quiet drive; no niggles. Had owned two XUV500's back to back since 2012 and my experience with them also was excellent.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 20:53   #5340
BHPian

Delivery date for my AX7 L AWD has been moved closer by a month. May-June instead of June-July. Sadly, this happened after I bought a different car (Carens). Have others also witnessed the same? If yes, this could signal a boost in production.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks