Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2021, 20:27   #3826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
In my many years of owning multiple cars, never have I ever experienced such exhilaration or people swooning over the car, asking for photos and wanting to chat about shared experiences, that too in public. Definitely did not expect this in Mumbai for sure, where cars are a dime a dozen. Also, the amount of people who have reached out on Facebook groups, wanting to know about the booking/delivery process and features of the car is crazy.

Almost feels like you're part of a cult!
Congratulations on your XUV700, the perfect early Christmas Gift!

I know that exact feeling when I had gotten my Ford EcoSport in 2014, people would stare at the car, want to sit in it, ask about the experience. Never had I expected that kind of rush in a city like Mumbai for a 10L car!

The XUV700 completely deserves the attention, the way Mahindra has turned it into a package (almost getting everything one could've asked in a car with a 5 star safety rating) and that too at an attractive price is what has clicked for the masses. Congratulations once again, wish you lakhs of happy kms and enjoy your ride to the fullest .
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 20:35   #3827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Based on my limited experience yesterday, this is definitely a concern. This risk became obvious the very first time I noticed it applying brakes.
Many ambassadors used to have a red colour sticker at the rear - POWER BRAKE, which was meant to caution the vehicle following it.

Maybe it is time to design a similar sticker.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 20:55   #3828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
There is an interesting comparison by EVO India
Interesting but this is a comparision between Taigun (not Tiguan) and XUV700.
Old 24th December 2021, 21:53   #3829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
@talha, would you know if this installed on a AX7 or AX7L. I’m at the dealer now and the SA tells me that there’s no such slot for a memory card in AX7 MT Petrol. This after they installed on their test AX7 MT Petrol vehicle and asked me come over for installation.
What was the final outcome on this? I thought the recording function was a part of the 360 camera package, without that the vehicle has only one reverse camera to record from. Am I missing something here?
Old 24th December 2021, 22:48   #3830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I know that exact feeling when I had gotten my Ford EcoSport in 2014, people would stare at the car, want to sit in it, ask about the experience. Never had I expected that kind of rush in a city like Mumbai for a 10L car!

Congratulations once again, wish you lakhs of happy kms and enjoy your ride to the fullest .
Thanks a lot for the wishes, sir! Yes, the Ecosport truly set a new trend back then; I remember the eyeballs we used to get while driving around in cousin's Black Ecosport. Total nostalgia!

The most surprising part for me was the exuberance and excitement the XUV 700 has created even amongst the people in Mumbai. One would expect this kind of attention in Tier-2 cities and beyond, but for this to happen in Mumbai is a strong vote of confidence for Mahindra; especially with the twin success of Thar and XUV 700.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 23:22   #3831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
@talha, would you know if this installed on a AX7 or AX7L. I’m at the dealer now and the SA tells me that there’s no such slot for a memory card in AX7 MT Petrol. This after they installed on their test AX7 MT Petrol vehicle and asked me come over for installation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
What was the final outcome on this? I thought the recording function was a part of the 360 camera package, without that the vehicle has only one reverse camera to record from. Am I missing something here?

Digital recording is only available on AX7L

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211224-11.08.08-pm.png
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 00:17   #3832
BHPian

Does anybody know how to stream using yt music / amazon music / jio saavn etc on the built in alexa ? Mine uses Hungama music and the library is a bit dated compared to youtube

Many thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 12:13   #3833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Does anybody know how to stream using yt music / amazon music / jio saavn etc on the built in alexa ? Mine uses Hungama music and the library is a bit dated compared to Youtube

Many thanks
Mahindra said they would add new apps so maybe it will come soon. It's quite odd that they have Amazon's Alexa in the car but don't use Amazon Music.
yuvmudapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 12:23   #3834
BHPian

My car has reached the dealership.Today and tomorrow being holiday can make the payments on Monday i.e. 27th and RTO passing on 28th i.e. tuesday.Should i proceed or wait for 1st january for registration year as 2022 on RC card?
what will be the merits/demerits?
Old 25th December 2021, 13:08   #3835
BHPian

To the people who have received their XUV700, have you considered or explored the possibility of getting auto dimming IRVM. Especially since it is available in XUV300. Is it a direct fit? Or is it difficult due to the placement of ADAS equipment and sensors? Thanks in advance
The Alchemist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 14:25   #3836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
Congratulations . Could you let us know how much whole tyre set costed you ? As my XUV 500 tyres are due for replacement now.
Thanks
I traded my existing Apollo tires for 11k each and got Michelin 255/55 for 16K per tire.
TorqueTwist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 14:58   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueTwist View Post
I traded my existing Apollo tires for 11k each and got Michelin 255/55 for 16K per tire.
16K for a michelin that’s the lowest I ever heard. Even continental’s are costing 19k here each for 235/60 spec. Could you share the details of the tyre shop from where you bought yours ?
Thanks you
MayurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 15:18   #3838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Does anybody know how to stream using yt music / amazon music / jio saavn etc on the built in alexa ? Mine uses Hungama music and the library is a bit dated compared to Youtube

Many thanks
Go to the Alexa mobile app which you would’ve used to connect with the car. More ——> Settings —> Music & Podcasts ——> Default Services. Here you can change it to the app of your choice.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 15:54   #3839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
16K for a michelin that’s the lowest I ever heard. Even continental’s are costing 19k here each for 235/60 spec. Could you share the details of the tyre shop from where you bought yours ?
Thanks you
Do check the manufacturing date on the tyre..
Last time I got such low quote it was for 3 yrs old stock
Old 25th December 2021, 16:40   #3840
BHPian

Are there any details available on the XUV 700's AWD system? Like typical and max power distribution limits, whether it has any form of brake-based torque transfer (or BLD) to the other wheel in the axle (I'm guessing no, since that'd have been a headline-feature since the new THAR has it) etc?
The mahindra website seems to be awfully barebones with respect to details and there seems to be absolutely no reviews of the AWD sytem, except for the staged one from launch - which isn't exactly useful.

My layman's understanding from watching XUV 500 AWD videos (mainly by bhpian anshuman) is that it (XUV 500) doesnt have any brake based torque-channelling abilities - so if one wheel each at front or back has lost traction then the car wont really be able to move. So I guess the XUV700 is probably going to be the same.

Not that it matters an awful lot, but I wish these details were more readily available. ram87pune (not sure if this tagging works), would you happen to know by any chance?
Transmission is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks