Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2021, 02:05   #3886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noufal.ps View Post
Folks, I test drove Xuv700 yesterday. Drove Petrol AT and Diesel AT for a good 8-9 kms and liked everything but ride quality.

Suspension is on the stiffer side ....

Any of you have similar observation? XUV expert opinions please
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
Never felt that way during the 2 test ride that I took. Maybe the tyres in the TD car would be overinflated. In-fact every review has talked about their mature suspension set-up.
noufal.ps and Abhikumar629, In my little experience, it was very good and planted at highish speeds, however I too was surprised at the roughish ride quality at lower speeds, especially over 2"-4" unevenness I crossed. (In my case, 3 tyres were a bit underinflated, and one adequately)

I have posted a pretty detailed drive experience (not focused on features, but the actual drive and cabin experience) on the forum here.

Last edited by Poitive : 28th December 2021 at 02:06. Reason: Corrected names.
Poitive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 03:10   #3887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Very interesting video, @Manojah. Thank you. Some points:

A) The long list of limitations further makes me wonder whether ADAS will make things better or worse in the Indian context. With a car which is deemed safer, people tend to take more risks (had read studies about it long back). If that system has as many limitations and is on road situations as disorganized and complex as in India, I lean towards believing it might make one less safe.

B) Even if I were to go in for the XUV700 and end up with a model with ADAS, I am quite sure I'd keep it turned of for the large part.

C) At 4:30, it appears ADAS won't work for head-on collisions.

D) The video just might be based on the company adding (sort of) disclaimers in the manual, to avoid litigation and save it's image if things were not to work well.
Old 28th December 2021, 05:42   #3888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Very interesting video, @Manojah. Thank you. Some points:

A) The long list of limitations further makes me wonder whether ADAS will make things better or worse in the Indian context. With a car which is deemed safer, people tend to take more risks (had read studies about it long back). If that system has as many limitations and is on road situations as disorganized and complex as in India, I lean towards believing it might make one less safe.

B) Even if I were to go in for the XUV700 and end up with a model with ADAS, I am quite sure I'd keep it turned of for the large part.

C) At 4:30, it appears ADAS won't work for head-on collisions.

D) The video just might be based on the company adding (sort of) disclaimers in the manual, to avoid litigation and save it's image if things were not to work well.

The fact of the matter is that the Indian Roads and our traffic is not ready for ADAS or to put it the other way around, ADAS has very limited capabilities looking at our road conditions and chaotic traffic.

ADAS may be a more of a liability than an asset in most Indian road conditions & would need to be turned off in most driving scenarios in Indian conditions.

It is a great feature to have, but we need to learn as to when it would be effective and as to when it can cause confusion and maybe accidents.
Old 28th December 2021, 07:26   #3889
BHPian

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that the Indian Roads and our traffic is not ready for ADAS or to put it the other way around, ADAS has very limited capabilities looking at our road conditions and chaotic traffic.

ADAS may be a more of a liability than an asset in most Indian road conditions & would need to be turned off in most driving scenarios in Indian conditions.
I disagree.

ADAS will be very beneficial in a number of situations. Such as driving on a good marked highway with adaptive cruise control on. No cruise control user in other cars have ever called it unsafe with all its limitations. And hence, no ACC users should complain if they get improved capabilities. Of course, users will need to understand limitations. This is not an autonomous driving vehicle.

Another excellent capability is the automatic low beam when it detects another vehicle coming from opposite side and once the vehicle crosses turning on the high beam.

I believe ADAS is going to teach good behaviours like using the indicators before switching lanes and in the process making the driving safer and also the roads safer.
p_darshi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 08:20   #3890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Today I got a call from the SA and he said he has 4 Electric Blue AX5s in stock and if I want to switch over from the midnight black that I had booked and awaiting the delivery in April 2022. Since I was not very impressed with the blue coloured XUV700, I had to say no. If anyone else had booked in the same showroom (MM Motors, Ayyappanthaangal, Chennai) and interested for a swap, please check with your SA. I guess they are allowing variant change too.
Update: My wife and kid had visited the showroom to check on the blue and they were quite impressed and since then started nagging me to accept the swap. I had to give in and say ‘yes’ to the Electric Blue colour. They liked it more than midnight black. The dealer had asked me to sent a request mail to Mahindra for the change of colour and I’ve done the same. The delivery has been promised to happen in the first week of January. The SA also asked me if I want to do a PDI and I said yes. Can someone throw some light on what things should be checked in a PDI or guide me to the relevant post/thread? Thanks in advance.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 09:57   #3891
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

It is a great feature to have, but we need to learn as to when it would be effective and as to when it can cause confusion and maybe accidents.
I humbly disagree with your view. With the thousands of kilometres of expressways and other high quality road projects (U/C) which are going to become operational in the next 2-3 years, you would be better served with an ADAS equipped vehicle. For instance, the 1300km 8-laned Delhi Mumbai expressway would be vastly more comfortable to traverse in a Adaptive Cruise Control cum Lane Keep Assist equipped vehicle. Absolutely zero mental fatigue even when traveling 1000+ kilometres in 10-12 hours (which is the main reason why lakhs of crores are being spent on such projects).

The road infrastructure in this country is improving by leaps and bounds every year. It's high time we get vehicles which completely utilise the added benefits these new roads offer.

Last edited by Sheel : 30th December 2021 at 07:59. Reason: Minor typo.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 10:49   #3892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
Another excellent capability is the automatic low beam when it detects another vehicle coming from opposite side and once the vehicle crosses turning on the high beam.

I believe ADAS is going to teach good behaviours like using the indicators before switching lanes and in the process making the driving safer and also the roads safer.
As per review of a few XUV700 owners, they had to turn off this feature(High beam assist) as the high beam automatically shift to low beam even if some lights from the shops beside highway enters the sensor.

Also, I am observing, that to use blind spot view cam , a many users are using the indicator. This gives a false indication to the other vehicle that the car is either turning to the sides or indicating the vehicle behind to overtake .

I really hope there is some mechanism to use the blind spot cam without triggering the indicator lights .
Old 28th December 2021, 11:14   #3893
BHPian

There is an interesting description of various features and their explanation / limitations in this blog:

Old 28th December 2021, 11:38   #3894
BHPian

Quote:
An excellent point which many are missing. Understanding them is crucial to know when and where to use them and when they might be counter-productive.

If you expect it to be magic you will be disappointed but know when to use it correctly and it will enhance your driving experience by miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
With the thousands of kilometres of expressways and other high quality road projects.
ACC isn't being given enough of a credit. It is hands down the USP of this car. Once people realise how helpful it is on 100s of km of trips on expressways, they will insist on ACC in their next car as well. Even if you leave out city driving, having ACC just for those long trips is completely worth it.

I'm also positive about the traffic assist feature, there are already a couple of videos showcasing it working in Indian traffic jam conditions. Although I'd reserve my final judgement until I try it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
they had to turn off this feature(High beam assist) as the high beam automatically shift to low beam even if some lights from the shops beside highway enters the sensor.
If there are shops besides highways with enough light to trigger the auto-high-beam off then I'd say it's doing its job. If there is enough light, high beam becomes kinda unnecessary don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
I really hope there is some mechanism to use the blind spot cam without triggering the indicator lights .
Why would you need to use it if you're not planning on turning/lane changing? The 360 camera button is always an option.
Tanmay007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 13:35   #3895
BHPian

ADAS is a good feature, I agree, but as I said, we need to learn as to when it would be effective and as to when it can cause confusion and maybe accidents in the present roads context. It is ahead of times for India and India might have the required infra. in the next 8 to 10 years for ADAS to be actually effective.

Highway driving is normally 30% of total driving for most and would be less than 5% overall for most on our very limited good marked highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
I disagree.

ADAS will be very beneficial in a number of situations. Such as driving on a good marked highway with adaptive cruise control on. No cruise control user in other cars have ever called it unsafe with all its limitations. And hence, no ACC users should complain if they get improved capabilities. Of course, users will need to understand limitations. This is not an autonomous driving vehicle.

Old 28th December 2021, 14:22   #3896
BHPian

For ADAS discussion on forum -

India is ready for ADAS, what's important is context, which ADAS level.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211228-2.09.50-pm.png

Tesla is ADAS level 2, I believe we are going to play around in 1-2 levels for a very long time. ADAS implementation in India will improve in future while staying at same level.

Here is quick simple ADAS use case, not from XUV-700 but Astor.

mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 18:05   #3897
BHPian

I had booked XUV 700(AX7L Diesel Manual) on first day i.e. 7th October 2021 which entitles me for the price protection. The applicable ex showroom price on that day was Rs.19,99,000 whereas the current price of the same variant today comes around Rs.20,29,000.
Although i have price protection of first day the dealer is asking the taxable amount for RTO to be todays price(20,29,000) whereas the RTO tax should be applicable on the first day price(19,99,000) which is increasing the tax amount by 25000rs which i am not ready to pay.
I have made the full payment to the dealer(Loan amount+downpayment) today and now i am not ready to pay 25000 more.else what is the use of price protection by mahindra.
Old 28th December 2021, 19:09   #3898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
I had booked XUV 700(AX7L Diesel Manual) on first day i.e. 7th October 2021 which entitles me for the price protection. The applicable ex showroom price on that day was Rs.19,99,000 whereas the current price of the same variant today comes around Rs.20,29,000.
Although i have price protection of first day the dealer is asking the taxable amount for RTO to be todays price(20,29,000) whereas the RTO tax should be applicable on the first day price(19,99,000) which is increasing the tax amount by 25000rs which i am not ready to pay.
I have made the full payment to the dealer(Loan amount+downpayment) today and now i am not ready to pay 25000 more.else what is the use of price protection by mahindra.
Sorry to disappoint you on this but as far as I know the RTO will consider the current ex showroom price for calculation.

Even though one has price protection because of first day booking,it is just consider as discount by them.

Government will not let go a single penny of tax money
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 19:27   #3899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
else what is the use of price protection by mahindra.
The use of price protection is that everything apart from taxes is offered at promised rate.

The RTO will always tax as per current ex-showroom price and not some discounted price. This is as per law. Otherwise what’s stopping dealers/customers from tax evasion. The dealer can show the car at even 50% discount and do backhand deals with customer to evade taxes.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 19:40   #3900
BHPian

Thank you for your replies Tanmay and Mohit sir.
I understand that now that the process has become online in Maharashtra. Mahindra cant do backhand tampering with tax calculations.
And my car is ready to be delivered so wont be fair to bitter and delay the experience for some unfair policies.
Will go ahead then.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th December 2021 at 05:00. Reason: Capital letters
niranjan.mulye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks