Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:17   #3961
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

A question for XUV 700 owners without Luxury pack, is the headroom increased because the roof mounted speakers aren't there?
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:17   #3962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Happy New Year

Another thing I observed was that the door handles popped out when the XUV 7OO stopped at the signal. It seems the engine was either shutdown or automatically stopped because of inherent start stop feature.

Other than compromising safety, It looked really bad too.

The handles got retracted once car started moving.

Here is the pic:
I think this part should be manageable by changing the settings by driver.

Jojo wheelie has good videos on YouTube about xuv700 settings , features, hardware and software etc.

One should be able to manage the door handle position acoording to their preference
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:17   #3963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Are the top variants available, by any chance with 5-seats. Will the company be interested to take one of order?
Also is the black real black not darkest blue?
Apologies for naive questions.
As of now no 5 seater in Top end variant.
I am not sure if Mahindra will be interested in 5 seater, feedback i got from SA was customers were more inclined to buy 7 seater variant even for lower variants - it's easier to fold seat and use it as 5 seater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam05 View Post
Had booked AX5 under price protection (7th Oct) and was given May 2022 as tentative delivery month - which was fine for me since it bought me time to save some more money. Today suddenly I received a call from sales executive stating that the model was “suddenly” available and allotted to me.
If your booking is 7th Oct, might be possible that it's arriving early. I heard few instances of it, I posted one such here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5220081 (Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries)

* if it's not your order, which is basically cancellation based allotment then typically dealer ask you to send mail to Mahindra customer care informing that you will like to get available vehicle and if you don't accept, you can always wait for your order to be completed.

* if it's your order, like SA said, if you do not accept, booking gets cancelled and you are back in the queue.

Quote:
Simply because it's lighter by quite a few kilos.

This optimum weight also helps it's achieve the 5-stat safety rating as corroborated by statement from M&M that to achieve maximum safety ratings the weight has to brought down.

+1 On this, Mahindra is focussing on lighter vehicles -

https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-and-...-a-good-thing/

Quote:

With the increasing buzz around the safety of new automobiles, countries’ biggest manufacturers are now scratching their heads to make cars even safer. For the longest period of time, people have associated heavier cars with more safety. However, R Velusamy, chief of global product development, Mahindra, thinks that this is a misconception. “Once you decide to achieve 5-star safety, there is no option but to reduce vehicle weight.” he said, at the 2021 Lightweighting Conference organised by Autocar Professional.

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 2nd January 2022 at 12:26.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:33   #3964
BHPian

Quote:
Simply because it's lighter by quite a few kilos.

This optimum weight also helps it's achieve the 5-stat safety rating as corroborated by statement from M&M that to achieve maximum safety ratings the weight has to brought down.
The 700 is overall lighter than the Safari? Wasn't aware of that. I have struggled so far to find the officially listed kerb weight of the 700. M&M site doesn't list it. That's why I was confused when it was listed as 1860 for both the cars in the screenshot here.

What exactly is the official registered kerb weight for the 700?
Old 2nd January 2022, 14:21   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I'm genuinely baffled!
How the heck does the XUV return better FE while still having a more powerful engine?!
Also did they load up the cars equally to get them to weigh the exact same?
To be honest, I am not surprised XUV7OO diesel gives superb economy figures. I reckon, almost any car when deliberately driven to yearn out an optimum combination of efficiency and speed, will give good figures.

This December 2021, with part AC working, and 75% city driving, I got around 14.25 kmpl tank method. This is phenomenal for a bulky SUV. 160k Km on the odometer. Without bumper to bumper city traffic, this figure could have easily inched towards 15+ kmpl.

New engines with better compression ratios, better fuel mixing ratios, not to mention better fuel quality, and add to that good roads, and good driving habits. We should get 15+ kmpl at least.

BTW, Kanpur roads are the worst, yet, during elections we do get some improvements. Although, Industrial area roads never improve.

Coming back to XUV7OO, a best case scenario would be around 15+ kmpl in the city and 18+ kmpl on the highway. Under 2000 rpm.
fazalmirza is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 14:37   #3966

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
If your booking is 7th Oct, might be possible that it's arriving early. I heard few instances of it, I posted one such here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5220081 (Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries)

* if it's not your order, which is basically cancellation based allotment then typically dealer ask you to send mail to Mahindra customer care informing that you will like to get available vehicle and if you don't accept, you can always wait for your order to be completed.

* if it's your order, like SA said, if you do not accept, booking gets cancelled and you are back in the queue.

https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-and-...-a-good-thing/
Thanks for your response. Any idea how I can verify whether this is a cancellation based allotment or this is my order? SA is insisting that this is my order but it's difficult to trust because there was absolutely no communication from Mahindra or dealer about my order's progress. Dealers could be pushing one of their cancelled order to me to clear their stock or achieve sales targets. Even Mahindra's tracking site did not show any progress. How is one to plan their finances if Mahindra and dealers keep their customers in complete blind about their order's progress?
Old 2nd January 2022, 15:14   #3967
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response. Any idea how I can verify whether this is a cancellation based allotment or this is my order? SA is insisting that this is my order but it's difficult to trust because there was absolutely no communication from Mahindra or dealer about my order's progress. Dealers could be pushing one of their cancelled order to me to clear their stock or achieve sales targets. Even Mahindra's tracking site did not show any progress. How is one to plan their finances if Mahindra and dealers keep their customers in complete blind about their order's progress?
Calling customer care or sending mail to Mahindra is an option.

In case you are only hesitant because of sudden allotment, I would encourage you to go with PDI and next step, As of now XU700 is in hot demand, few customers are even ready to buy by paying premium, considering all this, I don't see any reason for Dealer pushing for delivery, I am sure Dealer will be more than happy if you ask him to cancel you "price protected" order.
Old 2nd January 2022, 15:41   #3968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
And third, for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to change the music service to something else other than hungama
Alexa doesn't support Amazon music in the car, which is a disappointment. If you ask "Alexa play music on amazon music, it says Amazon music not supported on this device"
If you change the default app for music in the phone Alexa app to something else, it will use that like jio savaan.
Quote:
5. The AC vents don't have a 'shut' position. Might seem like a minor one, but this is definitely a miss. Not everyone sitting in the car wants to have direct AC airflow.
I stand corrected on this one - AC vents indeed have a shut feature by sliding the AC vent slider all the way to one side.

Quote:
Any idea how I can verify whether this is a cancellation based allotment or this is my order?
I was in the same boat. I was given a car which was cancelled or refused by someone else. The dealer told such cases are offered to next in queue. So possibly you are next in queue. But there is no way they can cancel your booking of you refuse or want to postpone. Look at this way - someone else probably wanted to delay their delivery and it came to you. Now it will go to next in queue if you want to delay it too. But don't accept the dealers shenanigans of order being cancelled. Mahindra online system will not have any idea about this since dealer has full flexibility.
Old 2nd January 2022, 15:48   #3969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
To be honest, I am not surprised
Coming back to XUV7OO, a best case scenario would be around 15+ kmpl in the city and 18+ kmpl on the highway. Under 2000 rpm.
This is an interesting aspect about FE and car/engine health in general. I have a question which I request the experts to answer.

From the little knowledge I've, i believe the fuel economy and health of a car engine along with other factors, also depends on engine RPM on which we usually drive the vehicle.

In that case will someone put light on what is the optimum RPM to drive a car.

I understand it'll be different for different cars and may be different for same engine with different tunings.

Let's for example let's take AX7L D MT(the one I've booked)

What should be the optimum RPM to drive after running in period with focus on FE and engine longevity and maintenance?

Thanks in advance
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 18:02   #3970

Quote:
I was in the same boat. I was given a car which was cancelled or refused by someone else. The dealer told such cases are offered to next in queue. So possibly you are next in queue. But there is no way they can cancel your booking of you refuse or want to postpone. Look at this way - someone else probably wanted to delay their delivery and it came to you. Now it will go to next in queue if you want to delay it too. But don't accept the dealers shenanigans of order being cancelled. Mahindra online system will not have any idea about this since dealer has full flexibility.
I have written an email to the dealership asking for clarification about whether this is an allotment due to cancellation or my order. They clearly mentioned about cancelling my booking if i refused to pay for the registration. Could be a month end sales target tactic. Waiting for their response. If they confirm that this is my order I will go ahead and purchase.

Thanks
jam05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 19:32   #3971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
This is an interesting aspect about FE and car/engine health in general. I have a question which I request the experts to answer.

From the little knowledge I've, i believe the fuel economy and health of a car engine along with other factors, also depends on engine RPM on which we usually drive the vehicle.

I understand it'll be different for different cars and may be different for same engine with different tunings.

Let's for example let's take AX7L D MT(the one I've booked)

What should be the optimum RPM to drive after running in period with focus on FE and engine longevity and maintenance?

Thanks in advance
That's a great question to ask but I feel sticking around 2000 rpm would give you a combination of both, speed and efficiency.

Many a time, driving at 60kmph doesn't give as much a gain as 85-95 kmph. Rpm hovering around 1800 to 2000 when searching for optimum.

However, I feel, for modern diesel engines, 2000 to 2200 rpm should give a cruising speed of about 120 kmph in 6th gear, while only reducing efficiency slightly.

I believe most diesel vehicles produce their peak torque at around this rpm.

I am sure you will find your optimum soon as you start driving around your new vehicle.

Last edited by fazalmirza : 2nd January 2022 at 19:45.
fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 19:51   #3972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post

While there are generic recommendation on RPM to maintain, here is what Mahindra recommends for their engine -

Diesel

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220102-7.47.07-pm.png

Petrol

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220102-7.47.16-pm.png
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 20:24   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_10 View Post
Hi Everyone, I have just got my Xuv 700 (AX7 AT L Petrol) booking done last week (24th December)

Got an estimated delivery date of Aug/Sept 2023. I am not sure how I should feel , happy on getting a car booked or sad that I know I will never wait so long and eventually have to cancel it. :-D
I too got delivery date as 2023. What is the procedure for cancellation?
Old 2nd January 2022, 20:32   #3974
BHPian

Anyone got AX5 D AT delivered? What is the initial feedback?
Old 2nd January 2022, 20:45   #3975
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podilam View Post
I too got delivery date as 2023. What is the procedure for cancellation?
Just go to your booking online and click on the three dots and it will show you option to cancel booking. You will get your amount back with 10% deduction
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220102204243_chrome2.jpg  

sam_10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed