- more power
- more torque
- faster to all speed marks
- better mileage
- also bigger tank, hence longer range
(not mentioned here)
- better features
- proven safety

And yet costs less! Tata is riding their luck due to chip shortage, and not offering any discount even at year end.
pseudo_coder is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 20:09   #3947
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
I am unable to find any review of AX7L D MT on YouTube.

Check this one, AX7(non luxury manual)

mytbhp_turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 20:20   #3948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Man, this looks like a no contest.
True. The few things subjectively in the Harrier's favour:
- Looks
- Better low speed ride on poor roads (moderately tested by me)
- Way better steering feel due to it's hydraulic steering, which leads to a better sense of connect with the vehicle and road.
- Availability.

To add to your list:
XUV700 appears to have better brakes.

Last edited by Poitive : 1st January 2022 at 20:37. Reason: Added road.
Poitive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 20:39   #3949
Senior - BHPian

Are the top variants available, by any chance with 5-seats. Will the company be interested to take one of order?
Also is the black real black not darkest blue?
Apologies for naive questions.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 21:13   #3950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Often times when leaving the car on standby, the car gives a notification "Entering one hour mode". I was not able to to find any information regarding this in my glance through the manual. Does anyone know what exactly this mode does? I'm guessing it is some mode to prevent battery discharge.
I have seen this one hour mode in my TUV300 when the key is on ACC position. It will shutdown the infotainment system after one hour to preserve battery, probably AC/Fans too, if those are running.

Quote:
ACC — The steering is unlocked and can be rotated. In this position all electrical circuits are enabled. Use this mode when you want to listen to music, etc., with the engine temporarily switched OFF.

Last edited by airbus : 1st January 2022 at 21:24.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 23:07   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
True. The few things subjectively in the Harrier's favour:
- Way better steering feel due to it's hydraulic steering, which leads to a better sense of connect with the vehicle and road.
Based on my experience, I felt XUV700’s steering was much better than Harrier’s. Hard steering always doesn’t get translated to a better one. Harrier’s steering felt needlessly hard on slow speeds and it became lighter as speed increased. That is counterproductive.

XUV’s steering on the other hand was light during slow speeds making it easier to manage during traffic conditions, and it weighed up nicely as speed increased. It is not perfect when compared to say Polo’ steering, but I felt it is 100 times better than Harrier’s.
The Alchemist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 23:57   #3952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Are the top variants available, by any chance with 5-seats. Will the company be interested to take one of order?
Also is the black real black not darkest blue?
Apologies for naive questions.
The top variants are 7 seaters as far as I am aware and I would seriously doubt if Mahindra is going to take any custom orders at this point given their order backlog.

It's actually not black, it is a very dark blue which looks like black especially at night / in the dark. In the day it looks like a rich dark blue.
charade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 04:47   #3953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
Based on my experience, I felt XUV700’s steering was much better than Harrier’s. Hard steering always doesn’t get translated to a better one. Harrier’s steering felt needlessly hard on slow speeds and it became lighter as speed increased. That is counterproductive.

XUV’s steering on the other hand was light during slow speeds making it easier to manage during traffic conditions, and it weighed up nicely as speed increased. It is not perfect when compared to say Polo’ steering, but I felt it is 100 times better than Harrier’s.
I totally agree with hard steering not always translating to better ones, just as hard suspensions don't always translate to good handling.

I guess what one finds better depends much on what one is looking from a steering and what one is used to. Quoting a few posts below. The first two link to detailed drive experiences of the two in quesion:

Quote:
EDIT: I drove the Mahindra XUV700 (Diesel Manual) on 21st December
Main II – The Driving Experience
Getting this moving out of a somewhat tight space, I realized that I was much at ease with it and felt quite at home. Home, except the steering felt extremely light (I have been used to a hydraulic on the Optra). Very Hyundai like ...
.... the convenience of the EPS and brute, smooth an eager engine might be more appealing.
Quote:
Tata Harrier (Diesel Manual)
... The steering felt kind of familiar. The Harrier has a hydraulic, something I have been used to.

The following one from a decade ago. A TD of the Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Was the car telling me something?
After the experience with the Linea, this one felt clearly disappointing. The steering feedback was nowhere comparable. Yes, it is an EPS, but I wasn’t really as impressed as the others. What I did like however was how soft and easy it would become at lower speeds and the limited feedback would improve at higher speeds. That said, it may be more practical a steering to be with on your normal runs than the Linea, which was ‘too sporty’ for my everyday drives. So it was a more practical sorta steering feel than an all-out driver oriented one.
A very broad generalization: EPS typically allow for more tuning of how soft or hard a steering feels at different speeds, whereas an HPS give some better connect with what the car and it's tyres are doing though. EPS is usually turned more for comfort. For a good EPS, try experiencing the Jeep Compass, mate.

While cornering / going though bends on ghats, an EPS will typically be easier to drive, however if one wants to push the car, with the same risk taken, one would usually be better with an HPS as one would be able to better judge when the tyre might lose traction, as well as the condition of the road the tyres are moving on. Linea was a class apart on this front (road condition). In fact too much for daily use for comfort.

HPS may often be harder at lower speeds, as are non powered steerings from back in the day.

Some prefer daily convenience. Some - often ones who drive with a sense of connect to the car - often prefer HPS. I like the connect one feels and the am used to an HPS for way over a decade or two, and even non power steering cars before that

PS: There is much I liked in the XUV700; the steering was not to my subjective taste, mate.

~~~~~~~

An interesting old thread on HPS:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-steering.html (Cars that still have a hydraulic steering)

Lots of posts on comparisons such as this might be OT for this thread. To discuss further, please fee free to continue on this thread

Last edited by Poitive : 2nd January 2022 at 05:11. Reason: PS, formatting
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 06:56   #3954
BHPian

I'm genuinely baffled!
How the heck does the XUV return better FE while still having a more powerful engine?!
Also did they load up the cars equally to get them to weigh the exact same?
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 07:58   #3955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I'm genuinely baffled!
How the heck does the XUV return better FE while still having a more powerful engine?!
Also did they load up the cars equally to get them to weigh the exact same?
Simply because it's lighter by quite a few kilos.

This optimum weight also helps it's achieve the 5-stat safety rating as corroborated by statement from M&M that to achieve maximum safety ratings the weight has to brought down.
Old 2nd January 2022, 08:33   #3956
BHPian

Happy New Year and Congratulations to the New owners of XUV 7OO.

Happened to see one white AX7 L last night and it looked awesome. Have to admit though, the road presence is not as prominent as the XUV 5OO. I feel it's mellowed down.

Another thing I observed was that the door handles popped out when the XUV 7OO stopped at the signal. It seems the engine was either shutdown or automatically stopped because of inherent start stop feature.

Other than compromising safety, It looked really bad too.

The handles got retracted once car started moving.

Here is the pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-pxl_20220101_150524414.jpg  

Last edited by pk_del : 2nd January 2022 at 08:36. Reason: Typos
pk_del is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:03   #3957

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Question for fellow XUV700 owners -

Often times when leaving the car on standby, the car gives a notification "Entering one hour mode". I was not able to to find any information regarding this in my glance through the manual. Does anyone know what exactly this mode does? I'm guessing it is some mode to prevent battery discharge.
Based on my experience with the XUV500, This happens when the ignition is turned off and the accessories are left on including the infotainment system. The infotainment system will run off the battery for 1 hour before it turns off. This is to prevent the battery from draining.
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:29   #3958
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my AX7 MT DIESEL white yesterday. The car had been at the dealer for over a week while they were sorting out the paper work with my employer and lease company. Really got annoyed yesterday and went to stage a sit in at the dealer the whole day. Finally came back with the car.

The ride is amazing and it's an absolute driving pleasure. Still testing out ADAS, though it seemed to work on highways more than the internal roads. Some important points - would request knowledgeable folks to provide feedback.

1. one week ago when I inspected the car, the odometer was 61 km (as i reported in my earlier post). At time of delivery this was at 3 km. The SA had no clue how it was reset. This is a real mystery.
2. The zip/zap/zoom mode always resets to zap mode after switching off the engine and restarting. This is a bit of an irritant, as I found the zip mode to be very comfortable for short city drives. This can't be changed as i checked in the manual
3. Alexa is extremely iffy. For one, it does not reduce music/radio volume when listening for voice commands. Second, accuracy is sub par. And third, for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to change the music service to something else other than hungama
4. None of the third party apps in the Applications section work. Don't know if it's just me, but the splash screen of, say, india today, thrillophilla etc just hang in there without moving on
5. The AC vents don't have a 'shut' position. Might seem like a minor one, but this is definitely a miss. Not everyone sitting in the car wants to have direct AC airflow.
6. Lack of a time clock on the center console, when NOT on home screen. They should have just put the time in HH:MM next the date on top left corner. Usually, after interaction with the console, one tends to leave the screen as is instead of going back to home screen and so, there is a need for an always visible clock for checking the time at a glance, especially by co passengers.
7. The screen protector from mahindra is a waste of money. I mean it does its job, but It doesn't come with a pre cutout for the AdrenoX logo. As a result the manual cut looks ugly. And the matte finish tends to reduce the sharpness of the screen. Might just remove it in a few days.
6. Why not two cup holders in manual non luxury variant? Another small irritant, as the co passenger will be hard pressed to find a place for their cup/bottle when the driver has used up the sole cup holder to place his own or maybe even the car keys
7. Lack of hydraulics on the bonnet. Again not that important, but one realises the lack of it when lifting the heavy bonnet.

And my biggest irritant - since mine is a non luxury:
Lack of a passive key less entry. I will now have to press the unlock on the keyfob everytime I want to unlock the car.

I may be accused of fault finding but i wanted to capture these as i genuinely feel mahindra has regressed on some points. Much cheaper cars and even my previous xuv500 had some of these missing features.

On the positive side, whatever is said will not be sufficient, the car is truly amazing. Its a beast on the road.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2022 at 15:21. Reason: Non forum smileys deleted
piyush1.a is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:00   #3959

Had booked AX5 under price protection (7th Oct) and was given May 2022 as tentative delivery month - which was fine for me since it bought me time to save some more money. Today suddenly I received a call from sales executive stating that the model was “suddenly” available and allotted to me, and an RTGS payment was requested to register the vehicle on my name. I informed the SE that I was OK waiting for the vehicle till May, but was shocked to hear SE’s response that if I don’t agree to register the vehicle today, my current booking will be canceled, and a new booking will have to be generated (which will NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRICE-PROTECTION). Clearly an arm twisting tactic to meet sales targets. Have escalated with the dealership - let's see how they respond. This is AMPL dealership in Thoraipakkam, Chennai.
jam05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:15   #3960
BANNED

Hi Everyone, I have just got my Xuv 700 (AX7 AT L Petrol) booking done last week (24th December)

Got an estimated delivery date of Aug/Sept 2023. I am not sure how I should feel , happy on getting a car booked or sad that I know I will never wait so long and eventually have to cancel it. :-D
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220102110117_chrome3.jpg  

sam_10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks