Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2022, 20:35   #4696

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

AX7 L AWD Delivery and 2 weeks (Almost) ownership experience

This one has been a mixed bag and I really mean it (read on).

Delivery:
Had booked a total of 3 Xuv 700 from different dealers, 2 on 7/10/21 and 1 on 8th oct.
surprisingly the one got delivered was of 8th October.

This one was done through Koncept automobiles Safdarjung enclave.
PDI was flawless and the car had run 42 kms.
The delivery experience was amazing at the dealership end,
Insurance quote was matched with third party and was done through Go digit at their end.
The best part about the delivery was that the HSRP number plate arrived next day after the PDI and full payment, apparently they said they do not bill the car without it.
There was no forcing done for Accessories.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-delivery-xuv.jpeg

Although the whole delivery had one flaw.
While the Drive modes were working on the day of PDI, we found out that they were not working on the day of delivery, immediately took the car back to the dealership and they tried to resolve the issue but they could not. They apologized and promised that a technician would be sent to our home the next day. The car was by default on Normal (Zap) Mode.

Took the car for a spin at night on the delivery day fully loaded with 8 family members almost and must say the comfort and experience was amazing. Last row passengers reported more space than a MG hector plus they had sat in a while ago.

The Next Morning:

The technician was supposed to arrive at home but circumstances forced us to take the car to the workshop. What happened was one of the worst that can happen to any new car owner.

There is an hospital across our house and we have 4 parking slots to ourselves, 2 on the walls of our home and 2 on the walls of the hospital.

Heartbreakingly what had happened was that a portion of the balcony of the hospital had broken and fell down on the car, The whole windscreen was smashed right on the first night of the car along with dents on fender and hood. Attaching pictures.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-windscreen-crack.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-windscreen-crack-closeup.jpeg

Honestly we all were feeling like the car had just come for 1 test drive at our house. Anyways it was pretty sad but what was done was done.

The car went to the workshop on 7th feb and the experience was again pretty good.
The workshop people gave ample updates on what was going on, the insurance claim went smoothly, we were initially unsure on getting the hood and the fender repainted as although dent and scratches were quite visible in a closeup they did not pose a big issue. But the workshop people anyways suggested that they ready the car as new and did a prompt job and delivered the car within 2 days with a software update for drive modes, windscreen replaced, bumper and fender dented and painted as good as new

They were even humble enough to attach a new ribbon and gave a big bouquet.
Basically recreating the delivery experience. All in all a great experience with after sales service. They were genuinely empathetic towards the situation and acted accordingly.

But the issues weren't over

Fast forward to the general drive experience over the span of a week, AWD operation is seamless and smooth, the car has no torque steer on the full throttle as it instantly shifts into AWD mode when given hard throttle so as to keep the traction, The instant torque Distribution is immediately visible on the MID.
This gives a lot of confidence to drive in rains and slippery conditions so i feel AWD drive is a worthy spend. My dad considers Suv's with no form of AWD/4x4 as pseudo suv's so that was our first reason to buy the AWD variant, as well as our upcoming leh ladakh and spiti valley drive's.

To sum it up the car is a bliss to drive and the suspension is amazing with an extra zing.

The software is AN OTHER STORY HERE. Honestly i am patient enough to allow Mahindra to make constant updates but I wouldn't recommend anyone who hates any kind of issues in a brand new car to the point where it is a deal-breaker to go for this car at least for another 6 months.

2 DAYS AGO, while coming back from Gurgaon everything was working fine I stopped at a red light switched the car off, when I started it the Infotainment screen had gone blank, keep in mind that the car was running on latest software.

It did not come back on even after doing some "juggad's" told by the technicians, they had one technician sent to me immediately, again props to the eagerness to resolve issues but sadly he was not able to fix it and had to send the car again to the workshop today. Expecting it back tomorrow.

Now to sum it up my key disappointment's from this latest scenario is :
1. Car has gone 2 times to the workshop in >2 weeks, which is 100kms round trip from my house at my own expense of diesel.

2. When i buy a car which costs so much i expect the car to be home niggle free and available to drive at my discretion but here i feel i am able to enjoy the car at the car's own discretion on when it wants.

Attaching the Latest pic before handing over the car today.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-2nd-issue-photo.jpeg

Sorry for the Very- Long post but felt it had some much needed points to be told for prospective buyers and current owners to consider.
avi01gupta is offline   (102) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 22:02   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi01gupta View Post
Sorry for the Very- Long post but felt it had some much needed points to be told for prospective buyers and current owners to consider.
Sorry to hear your experience. Many of my colleagues who have purchased the XUV700 have also reported these niggles, but thankfully, most of them are software related, not mechanical. Also proves that as it is their wont, Mahindra, in their bid to cram everything into the XUV, failed to do enough QC.

Perhaps in the interest of the Community we need a dedicated thread on XUV700 niggles and fixes (if available) for them.
achyutaghosh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 08:12   #4698

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
No. It is a small light for the vanity mirror present on the sunvisor. As per some review videos it is only present on the AT variants of XUV700.

AT owners, feel free to confirm the same

This pic below is not XUV700 but just for reference.
I just took delivery of my Blue Thunder (Electric Blue AX7). I will detail out the experience in another post since its just been 4 days since our relationship began.

Now onto my question:
Does anyone here recommend an aftermarket vanity mirror light that can be used for this purpose?

I am ok with manually switching the light on/off - and so a standalone light that can be fixed on the roof would be awesome. I found some on amazon, but they seem very thick compared to what I had on my XUV5OO for the past 8 years.

Also, would folks recommend a similar light in the boot (which also seems to be missing in the XUV7OO)?
avijayr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 12:30   #4699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi01gupta View Post
AX7 L AWD Delivery and 2 weeks (Almost) ownership experience

The Next Morning:

There is an hospital across our house and we have 4 parking slots to ourselves, 2 on the walls of our home and 2 on the walls of the hospital.

Honestly we all were feeling like the car had just come for 1 test drive at our house. Anyways it was pretty sad but what was done was done.

The car went to the workshop on 7th feb and the experience was again pretty good.
Sorry that you had to go through this. I am sure that this is going to be the only bad experience with your XUV700. The car looks super cool after the body work. Happy motoring!!
Old 17th February 2022, 15:15   #4700
BHPian

Hi Bhpians, its been quite some time I have posted here. I'm just curious as to how many of you have had booked on 7th Oct and are having a tentative date of on or after Sep'22.
May be if you can respond with City and Dealer name along with tentative delivery month that would be great.
Old 17th February 2022, 18:55   #4701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Bhpians, its been quite some time I have posted here. I'm just curious as to how many of you have had booked on 7th Oct and are having a tentative date of on or after Sep'22.
May be if you can respond with City and Dealer name along with tentative delivery month that would be great.
Jaipur, Dealer Autoworld, Booked Oct 7, AX7L Petrol Midnight Black
Expected Deliveries per website May-June 2022.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 20:22   #4702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Chittorgarh Rajasthan
Booked on 7th October first 10 minutes via dealer KS Mahindra chittorgarh
Ax7 L diesel manual midnight black (blue)

Initial month given: April 22

Preponed to last week of February 22.

Waiting for dealer's confirmation
sudanmohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 00:19   #4703
BHPian

The wait of 05 months is over today. Took the delivery of XUV 700 AX5 D AT 5 seater, 'Saya' (named after Black Panther, Kabini).

The Provincial automobile at Nagpur took the experience to next level. Surprise element was the Panditji to do Puja.

Drove around the city and loved every bit of it. Mahindra you have a winner hands down.
Attached Images

Piyush_DT is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 08:37   #4704
BHPian

Booked Oct 7, AX7L D AT AWD Midnight Black at Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Expected Delivery per website May-June 2022.
telugite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 10:07   #4705

Hi Sir,
I have also booked XuV700 at Provincial Automobiles in Nagpur. I have a issue with the insurance part. The dealership is asking for more than 1lakh without zero dep for insurance.
Would like to know how was your experience regarding insurance. Did you buy it from dealership or from outside. Please suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
The wait of 05 months is over today. Took the delivery of XUV 700 AX5 D AT 5 seater, 'Saya' (named after Black Panther, Kabini).

The Provincial automobile at Nagpur took the experience to next level. Surprise element was the Panditji to do Puja.

Drove around the city and loved every bit of it. Mahindra you have a winner hands down.
Old 18th February 2022, 10:29   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Jaipur, Dealer Autoworld, Booked Oct 7, AX7L Petrol Midnight Black
Expected Deliveries per website May-June 2022.
How to check on the status of my booking on the website ?

I booked the AX7L AWD Diesel Variant on Sunday and haven’t got anything yet. No even a sms or email from Mahindra about my booking.

Dealer is telling me waiting of 86 weeks !! When I asked him about my booking confirmation he said it will come in 2-3 days.

Don’t know what to do.
Old 18th February 2022, 10:37   #4707
Distinguished - BHPian

^ The current chip shortage is expected to end in 2 months time and production will be ramped upto ~6000 units per month according to Mr. Velusamy in an interview. The waiting periods should come down significantly afterwards, but we have already got information that cancellations are very less and that even after the waiting periods crossed 1 year, they have received thousands of bookings still.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 10:45   #4708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
How to check on the status of my booking on the website ?

I booked the AX7L AWD Diesel Variant on Sunday and haven’t got anything yet. No even a sms or email from Mahindra about my booking.

Dealer is telling me waiting of 86 weeks !! When I asked him about my booking confirmation he said it will come in 2-3 days.

Don’t know what to do.
If you have booked with a Dealer it may take some time.
Old 18th February 2022, 10:58   #4709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh_C View Post
Hi Sir,
I have also booked XuV700 at Provincial Automobiles in Nagpur. I have a issue with the insurance part. The dealership is asking for more than 1lakh without zero dep for insurance.
Would like to know how was your experience regarding insurance. Did you buy it from dealership or from outside. Please suggest.
I was also quoted the same. I got the quote of 71k from an agent of ICICI. Told them to match else I will take it from outside. They matched the quote and later I took it from them. It's going to be challenge to break the news to the agent though.
Piyush_DT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 12:10   #4710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Can someone please confirm the latest version of software installed in AX 7 Diesel Automatic.

Some time it starts playing the Radio and other times, it starts playing from the plugged in USB drive. Every time it starts playing from the USB drive, it starts from the first song,

It is very strange that I am not able to see the kind of details on the Adrenox app on my OnePlus 6T, when I compare with the image shared by "Enthusiast81" in the earlier post.
Same happened when we bought XUV 5OO almost a decade back. I clearly remember that I had to do a lot of follow-ups with Dealership & Company. After those numerous emails, some technicians from Company visited my office just to set the things straight. They upgraded some major firmware and from that day till today, I have never faced such issues again.

Expect same things this time as well. Should be solved for sure in coming days.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks