Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2022, 20:44   #4591
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I received a call from dealer on 31st Jan 2022 that XUV 700 AX5 D AT (Midnight Black, 5 Seater) is billed and ready to dispatch. Today I got the call that it is delivered and I can come to showroom to do formalities and to check the car. I think the car reached a day or two before as I overheard someone talking about it. Also, Nagpur is not so far from Pune that it will take 11 days to just get the vehicle delivered. Please don't bother to check online status, as per me it is just a gimmick and it does not show real time status. I was fool to check it three times a day.

Reached dealer at the earliest and straightway went to see her (still thinking what to name her). There she was in all the dirt and shoe marks with plastic covers removed. But was happy to see her and didn't want to spoil the mood by making a issue. Checked exterior and interior and all looked fine. The software was not updated as I the loud sound of radio started once I switched ON. Was glad to see the mileage of 15 and odometer reading at 51.

AX5 does looks little smaller than AX7 but looks great. Tires were MRF Wanderer Street.

As requested provided all the documents (Form 60, Salary slip and ID card) for BH series, took extended warranty of 4th and 5th year upto 1 Lac Kms at ₹27139 and insurance at ₹71594.

Requested them to install 7D floor mat at ₹7850, 3D boot mat at ₹3100, black seat cover at ₹8000, premium body cover at ₹3800, and reverse camera at ₹3500. I begged them to deliver by Sunday. Will keep you all posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-capture.png  

Piyush_DT is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 21:54   #4592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
After 5 months of "Waiting for Godot", the car is finally at the dealership. The dcar was shipped on the 5th of Feb and it reached on the 9th of Feb.
Congratulations! I was closely following your updates on this thread. I’m a potential customer of AWD L variant. Happy to see that you are getting delivery after the initial confusions.

To all AWD owners - have you explored possibility of getting AWD badging from Mahindra itself? Maybe tweets to mahindra and Pratap Bose requesting for one, if you guys are active on twitter? All videos and posts I came across in social media suggests that they are planning to get after market badges. If so many people are interested, I think Mahindra would provide one.

Apart from satisfying our branding and badging interests, it would also serve an important purpose of identifying the drive train easily, in case one wants to tow it. If one attempts to tow it just like a FWD vehicle without disconnecting rear differential, it would damage the AWD system.
The Alchemist is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 22:28   #4593
BHPian

Quote:
After 5 months of "Waiting for Godot", the car is finally at the dealership. The car was shipped on the 5th of Feb and it reached on the 9th of Feb. Wasn't expecting the car to reach so early so the 9th and 10th have been quite busy, you
Congratulations buddy! The wait is finally over. I guess your AWD experience will surely matter as you will be driving it more under testing conditions in the hilly terrains. I'm taking delivery of my XUV 7OO tomorrow and it's my first time experience with a AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
Congratulations! I was closely following your updates on this thread. I’m a potential customer of AWD L variant. Happy to see that you are getting delivery after the initial confusions.

To all AWD owners - have you explored possibility of getting AWD badging from Mahindra itself? Maybe tweets to mahindra and Pratap Bose requesting for one, if you guys are active on twitter? All videos and posts I came across in social media suggests that they are planning to get after market badges. If so many people are interested, I think Mahindra would provide one.

Apart from satisfying our branding and badging interests, it would also serve an important purpose of identifying the drive train easily, in case one wants to tow it. If one attempts to tow it just like a FWD vehicle without disconnecting rear differential, it would damage the AWD system.
That's a valid point. Why don't you tweet and we can chime in. I'm more than happy to tweet, might end up taking the finer points from your post, if you are ok with that.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 23:03   #4594
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Sandegov. Will definitely post an initial impressions on Godot once it's home. This will be our first Mahindra, so excited and terrified on that prospect as well - Fingers crossed that no hardware issues would crop up

Also, I haven't been that active on our forums lately, especially this thread, did you get delivery of your XUV as well? Would love to checkout the pictures
I would not worry a bit about it being a Mahindra, instead consider yourself lucky to be dealing with Mahindra looking at all the wonderful post sale experiences being reported online - new 700 owners definitely have the attention of the company and it’s very evident in online forums and social media. They are also generally considered to put out mechanically sound vehicles and the initial niggles are mainly around the infotainment/electronics side of things.

My official delivery date is still a bit away - May. Keeping fingers crossed for an early delivery.
Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 23:16   #4595
BHPian

Quote:
After 5 months of "Waiting for Godot", the car is finally at the dealership. The car was shipped on the 5th of Feb and it reached on the 9th of Feb. Wasn't expecting the car to reach so early so the 9th and 10th have been quite busy, arranging the finances and also planning for the 250+kms trip to bring Godot home.

I wanted to ask something as well: Since we won't be registering the car in the city but rather at our town which is in another district, we will be driving through tolls without fastag for the return journey. In that case would we have to pay the fine? Or is there some leeway for newly bought vehicles running on a temporary number? Thank you
Congratulations and wish you a fantastic time ahead!!!

On your question regarding fastag, check with dealer if they can provide fastag based on VIN/chasis number. In Bangalore, I have seen people get fastag on the delivery day when they have only temporary registration number. Otherwise you may have to pay penalty.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 23:26   #4596

Finally the wait was over...brought home my new XUV700 AWD AX7 L midnight black variant a.k.a Night Fury.
1st AWD in my city Bhubaneswar.
Went for a pdi check up on 4th Feb. Thanks Team bhp for a detailed pdi checklist.
Insurance taken from dealer (hdfc ergo) at 80k with almost full addon
Extended warranty for 29k.
RTO registration done yesterday and HSNP installed today.
This forum has helped me a lot for buying this dream SUV.
Only disappointment was the missing logo of AWD.
Shrapann is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 23:37   #4597
BHPian

R Velusamy, Head -Automotive Product Development has given an interview about the current state of affairs, waiting periods and the supply chain issues for the chip shortage.

A heads up, this is conducted in Tamil.

Old 10th February 2022, 23:50   #4598
BHPian

From the recent interview of Mr.Velusamy to motor vikatan..

He says their initial forecast was making 3k XUVs per month but the demand is so high that they’ve to produce 10k units per month now. But the number of ECUs (roughly 200) required per XUV is making things worse. The ECUs are not stocked but reach the factory just in time for production because of the global scenario. Even a flight delay somewhere in Hongkong affected the production here in india for day, he says. They are working towards streamlining this and he expects things to get better in the next 2 months.

He also said the new Scorpio is almost ready and has gone into production. The launch is not far.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 05:36   #4599
Distinguished - BHPian

A detailed ownership thread will come up in a week's time, provided I get the mod's blessings

But meanwhile, here is what you can see - The Red Sabertooth: XUV7OO AX7 L AWD (AT Diesel is default, so not mentioning!)

Mahindra XUV700 Review-0547e09cac3b4150b216736bce44b718.jpg

The car was booked first day, first show, first few minutes in to the game! The delivery dates was originally for Nov 28-Dec 4 timeframe. You all know the history on bookings, finally here I am with the car.

Location - Bangalore. Dealer - AMPL, Indira Nagar - amazing experience! I did not waste their time by putting too many tantrums and formality steps, they did not waste my time at all - win-win for both. Perfectly timed PDI earlier this week and without any conditions attached, quick registration at RTO and we are out later evening yesterday with car!

Please allow me to explore the car and come back to you with answers if any for your questions through my ownership thread. (just started in assembly line, will take a couple of weeks for sure.)

Last edited by Sheel : 11th February 2022 at 08:58. Reason: Minor typo :).
abirnale is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 07:41   #4600

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

Location - Bangalore. Dealer - AMPL, Indira Nagar - amazing experience! I did not waste their time by putting too many tantrums and formality steps, they did not waste my time at all - win-win for both. Perfectly timed PDI earlier this week and without any conditions attached, quick registration at RTO and we are out later evening yesterday with car!

)
Wow! I have the same car! Same color! And same dealership! I am making payment today and hoping to get the car soon. How long did it take after payment to get delivery?
umberjogh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 07:58   #4601
BHPian

Quote:
The car was booked first day, first show, first few minutes in to the game! The delivery dates was originally for Nov 28-Dec 4 timeframe. You all know the history on bookings, finally here I am wit the car.
Hearty congrats and wish you a ton of happy miles, look forward to your ownership thread. What’s your plan on the tyres? Are you looking to change/upgrade them?
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 09:30   #4602
BHPian

Quote:
A detailed ownership thread will come up in a week's time, provided I get the mod's blessings

The car was booked first day, first show, first few minutes in to the game! The delivery dates was originally for Nov 28-Dec 4 timeframe. You all know the history on bookings, finally here I am with the car.
Hurrah! Congratulations buddy!! Good to know the delivery process was smooth, AMPL (PPS) is turning out to be a worthy dealer for M&M. Looks like the lion share of AWDs in Bangalore are coming from this dealer, atleast from what I could gather on this forum.

Will wait for your ownership thread. Wishing you Happy miles with your new ride.

Last edited by Raghunath Singh : 11th February 2022 at 09:31. Reason: Typo
Raghunath Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 11:22   #4603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But meanwhile, here is what you can see - The Red Sabertooth: XUV7OO AX7 L AWD (AT Diesel is default, so not mentioning!)

Attachment 2271138
Congratulations once again for the red beauty
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 12:31   #4604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
Congratulations!
To all AWD owners - have you explored possibility of getting AWD badging from Mahindra itself?
If one attempts to tow it just like a FWD vehicle without disconnecting rear differential, it would damage the AWD system.
Thank you for the wishes. Yes, thats a valid point - towing for AWD - flatbed is the best option. I will make a sticker someday and stick it indicating this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Congratulations once again for the red beauty
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Hurrah! Congratulations buddy!! Good to know the delivery process was smooth, AMPL (PPS) is turning out to be a worthy dealer for M&M.
Thank you - Wish you too a very happy motoring experience - eager to see your car pictures today/ tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Hearty congrats and wish you a ton of happy miles, look forward to your ownership thread. What’s your plan on the tyres? Are you looking to change/upgrade them?
thank you very much. I would keep the tyres as-is for now. After about 35-40K kms, switch to michelin or Yoko something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umberjogh View Post
Wow! I have the same car! Same color! And same dealership! I am making payment today and hoping to get the car soon. How long did it take after payment to get delivery?
Aha.. great to know. Thanks. Typically three to four days after PDI and Money is cleared. Generally the delay is from customer side to decide on Insurance, other accessories, RTO number etc. In my case I kept things simple.

Again, in my case, I had paid full money in advance with clear instructions that if i reject the car in PDI, they wont eat my money just like that and push the same car. They were extremely confident of car being perfect "by mahindra" standards. This time the QC is better than earlier deliveries, still can't be 100% perfect. More on that later.

Last edited by abirnale : 11th February 2022 at 12:33.
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 12:55   #4605
BHPian

Quote:
Looks cool. Happy motoring!!
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks