Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 17:22   #4666
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
It is the illumination provided for the passenger and driver (if available) vanity mirrors. Right beside the mirrors. In the visors for protecting against sun blindness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
No. It is a small light for the vanity mirror present on the sunvisor. As per some review videos it is only present on the AT variants of XUV700.

AT owners, feel free to confirm the same

This pic below is not XUV700 but just for reference.

Attachment 2272601
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilisAdvento View Post
It's the light above the sunvisor. The light gets on opening the mirror. Not sure how useful is this
Oh thank you all! That's quite an odd thing to reserve for the top variant
yuvmudapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 19:16   #4667
BHPian

I recently was a having a look at the AX7 D AT (Non Luxury) variant and I am surprised to notice that this variant comes with an EPB. I took a video of the same and here is it

However on verifying with SA he said its an AWD "Smart" variant but I could not find any badging and he said it comes with ADAS. I also verified the Brochure and it says AX7 does not have EPB.

Below are the pictures:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220213211935_chrome.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220213_154604.jpg

Can anyone please confirm on the above. I may be incorrect.Thank you!
benroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 19:35   #4668
BHPian

Godot comes home

Hi everyone, this is my final post-delivery update on the car. Wanted to give a brief summary of everything here:
  1. Booking Experience - Super Straightforward. I got a call on the 8th of October, 2021 regarding the booking from the dealership - paid the booking amount and that was it.

2. Delivery Experience - Have to give a huge thanks to the dealership staff at Industrial and Farm Equipment (IFE), Guwahati. They ensured that everything was processed smoothly and they accomodated our each and every request. Software updates, AdrenoX activation, eSIM activation was processed very quickly. Would definitely recommend IFE Mahindra to others - prompt, professional and courteous.

I would also like to thank the Area Sales Manager, Abhishek Kumar who helped us out immensely during the whole process - He was in constant touch and helped expedite the delivery process. Also an interesting fact - The Sales Executive told me that this was the first diesel AWD that they have delivered.

3. The Car - It is a gem to drive. Did not expect such refinement levels from Mahindra. This was our first Mahindra and we're not disappointed that we took the plunge. The ACC works superbly and while returning back home, was able to test it properly. Also, the Auto-Booster Headlamps helped illuminate the road superbly. Since we just got the car, hope I can properly write an ownership review soon, after driving it for a good few thousand kilometres.

On a side note, the PPF has been done at Detailing Bull and they, as per our request, worked late till 2 AM to ensure that the car would be ready by evening the next day. A good experience with them as well and happy to have done PPF to the new car straight out of the dealership.

4. Overall Experience: I would say the overall experience with Mahindra has been stellar. We did not consider Mahindra cars earlier but after purchasing the XUV700 our perspective has changed. Excitedly looking forward to owning a Thar now, in the near future
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220214_111705.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220214_111603.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220214_111720.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 19:49   #4669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Godot comes home

Hi everyone, this is my final post-delivery update on the car. Wanted to give a brief summary of everything here:
Many many congratulations!!! Wish you a fantastic time ahead!!! The car looks absolutely stunning in midnight blue.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:34   #4670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Godot comes home

Hi everyone, this is my final post-delivery update on the car. Wanted to give a brief summary of everything here[/list]
Many congratulations for your new ride.
It is good to know that you have started to love driving the car. Hope you have a wonderful experience with the car.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:43   #4671
Senior - BHPian

I explored & test drove the XUV700 this weekend. The engine, ride & features are plus for me (AXL7), but the waiting, fit-and-finish, colour palette (both interiors & exteriors) a bummer (same order of dislike). Moreover, the boot is no different than Safari. The Carens & ALCAZAR are better, but, not powerful enough.

The additional horses over Safari are immediately evident on this vehicle.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th February 2022 at 22:25. Reason: Correction on the model names, please proofread before submitting, Thanks.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:44   #4672
BHPian

Quote:
Godot comes home

Congratulations on your new car. Which brand/ company PPF did you get and what was the price. Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 23:37   #4673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
By the way, don't forget, for that additional peace of mind you need to change the OE tyres.
What tyres would you recommend ? Please give specifications if possible. Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 23:46   #4674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Congratulations on your new car. Which brand/ company PPF did you get and what was the price. Thanks
Thank you. I forgot the brand name but I had PPF done at Detailing Bull. They worked throughout the night to get car ready the next day so really appreciate them for that.

Regarding the price, I think the original cost was around Rs. 90,000 (for the prime series), but they gave me a discount of 10,000 rupees and also included Leather Coating, Glass coating and alloy coating as complimentary.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220213wa0003.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220214_234551.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 01:12   #4675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
I recently was a having a look at the AX7 D AT (Non Luxury) variant and I am surprised to notice that this variant comes with an EPB
All AWD models come with an EPB, this is mentioned in the footnotes of the brochure. AX7 D AT (Non Luxury/Non AWD) will not come with one.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 04:00   #4676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilisAdvento View Post
It's the light above the sunvisor. The light gets on opening the mirror. Not sure how useful is this
This is very useful for 'touching up' the cosmetics as it throws the light directly on user's face. Ladies in particular (driver/co driver) are going to love this.
Geta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 07:59   #4677

Quote:
Godot comes home

Hi Wade, Have been following your XUV700 journey closely. Congratulations on Godot

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th February 2022 at 08:33. Reason: Quote tags fixed
starwarsfanatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 09:06   #4678
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the PPF details. Can you please help understand if this is the cost is inclusive or exclusive of GST.
Old 15th February 2022, 10:18   #4679
Distinguished - BHPian

The MX Petrol (Midnight Black) I had booked for my mom has been allocated and is in transit. It was projected to arrive in late March/early April and I had planned my bank Fixed Deposits in such a way that I will have funds available by mid-March. Now the dealer is saying the car will be here in 3-4 days and so asking me to make payment and take delivery! Thinking of asking to pass this time and take the next possible allocation in light of such an unplanned early delivery.
Old 15th February 2022, 11:29   #4680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The MX Petrol (Midnight Black) I had booked for my mom has been allocated and is in transit. It was projected to arrive in late March/early April and I had planned my bank Fixed Deposits in such a way that I will have funds available by mid-March. Now the dealer is saying the car will be here in 3-4 days and so asking me to make payment and take delivery! Thinking of asking to pass this time and take the next possible allocation in light of such an unplanned early delivery.
The delivery updates are quite random in nature from Mahindra. This really makes very difficult to plan. As a Banker, my suggestion will be to check the amount you will lose due to premature penalty (normally 0.50 to 1%) and then take a call.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks