Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2022, 12:34   #4531
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Delivery Update

I am going to get delivery of Midnight Black AX7L D AT in the coming week.

For all anxious owners getting delivery in this month, I have some good news to share. Based on VIN allotted to me, vehicles delivered now are manufactured in Jan 2022
p_darshi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 14:21   #4532
BHPian

Just saw this video testing the sound system of the AX7 Variant (Non-Luxury)

benroth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 18:13   #4533
BHPian

What's the minimum RON rating recommended by Mahindra? Has anybody tried XP95/Power99, etc.? Any feedback on performance/mileage?

Last edited by aah78 : 6th February 2022 at 21:53. Reason: Typos fixed. Misc. blanks removed.
Old 6th February 2022, 20:04   #4534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
What's the minimum RON rating recommended by Mahindra? Has anybody tried XP95/Power99, etc.? Any feedback on performance/mileage?
Recently saw a video where someone got a mileage of 20kmpl on the petrol XUV700 running on XP100!

Last edited by aah78 : 6th February 2022 at 21:55. Reason: Quoted post edited.
dazdandconfuzd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 09:47   #4535
BHPian

A 9D flooring being done on the XUV700

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZmNf...dium=copy_link
benroth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 12:23   #4536
BHPian

I left my vehicle for the first service. When checked with the advisor,he said the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay updates are almost around the corner and the recent version of AdrenoX (Ver 7.1) has eliminated almost all bugs including speaker noise and equaliser setting changes once the car is stopped.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 12:52   #4537
BHPian

Got the first 1000km service done yesterday. As a part of the service, apart from the normal checkups, two key activities that were to be performed as directed by Mahindra were updating the infotainment software and flashing the Silver box.

The SA confirmed that silver box flashing is to eliminate potential battery issues. He also informed me that the latest infotainment software version is different for AX7 L vs other variants. Since mine is a non-luxury variant the version to be updated is 7.0.1.

After updating the software, jarring and crackling noise is no more existing. Also, equalizer settings have improved a lot. Speakers are no longer humming with extra bass. I also found out that there is an option to disable the remote car management function by selecting the Service mode under settings.

One issue I have been witnessing with the USB playback is that the shuffle option does not work. I am able to select or de-select the option but that is not making any difference in the order the songs are being played. Seems like this has not been resolved in the latest software update. Is anyone else facing this issue?

Another bug that I have found is with drive mode selection. When I try to select the drive mode that is already active (using the infotainment system touch screen), the system tries to apply that mode but fails with an error message. Ideally, it should just confirm the selection or show an appropriate message that "Mode is already selected". Can someone please confirm if they too are getting an error message or it is only me who is facing this issue?

There was an issue of some strange noise from the rear left suspension, for which SA informed me that they will re-torque all the nuts for all 4 suspensions. The vehicle feels a lot silent after they have re-torqued all nuts. The difference is noticeable.
bill1182 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 17:07   #4538
BHPian

Received my XUV 700 MX-D yesterday. Delivery was smooth and quick, Thank you PPS Mahindra, Indiranagar. I will write a detailed post later with all the details.

After riding 10 kms yesterday, My quick observation with XUV 700 so far is Cabin noise is loud and gear box is rough when compered with my 9 years old Honda City. After reading the manual, Understood that gear box would be rough for initial few hundred kilometers. I hope it gets better after first service. For cabin noise, I might be wrongly comparing it with a Petrol engine. Nevertheless I honestly liked the vehicle and perfect upgrade for me.

I didn't get any accessories installed by dealer (and they never forced me as well). I ordered few accessories online and planning to get them installed myself.

I received chrome beading and wheel covers today. Following are before and after pictures of my ride. Installation was super easy.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220207_124923.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220207_130732.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220207_160548.jpg
snallagatla is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 22:21   #4539
BHPian

AWD videos have started coming in on YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Received my XUV 700 MX-D yesterday. Delivery was smooth and quick, Thank you PPS Mahindra, Indiranagar. I will write a detailed post later with all the details.
Congrats and happy miles

How do you find the speakers of xuv as against your city?

And my sales rep mentioned that my non L variant has same provisions for speakers as L except for roof mounted ones, am not sure if he meant it comes pre wired and we can upgrade/plug in extra speakers & sub or that it comes with just the speaker mounts, do you have any information on this from your xuv?

Note to mods - request you to kindly merge the back to back posts, sorry abt that ,tried to do it from my end but dint see any options to delete or merge.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th February 2022 at 06:33. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you
Sandegov is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 00:45   #4540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Congrats and happy miles

How do you find the speakers of xuv as against your city?

And my sales rep mentioned that my non L variant has same provisions for speakers as L except for roof mounted ones, am not sure if he meant it comes pre wired and we can upgrade/plug in extra speakers & sub or that it comes with just the speaker mounts, do you have any information on this from your xuv?
@Sandegov Thank you. I played like just 3-4 songs so far and speakers are loud and better than my City. I did enquire on OEM subwoofer pricing and installation during my down payment but topic was changed to some other subject and I forgot about it eventually, Sorry.
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 08:41   #4541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
I left my vehicle for the first service. When checked with the advisor,he said the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay updates are almost around the corner and the recent version of AdrenoX (Ver 7.1) has eliminated almost all bugs including speaker noise and equaliser setting changes once the car is stopped.
Update: Flashing and software updates done with. The audio now sounds crisp with a less pronounced bass. The service advisor also checked whether my XUV boot was locking without any hassles because few XUVs from the first few lots had some kinda trouble and Mahindra has advised the service centers to replace it when the vehicles come for the service. They also said that MX variant has suddenly seen a spike in booking. Initially the booking was high for the luxury variant followed by AX7,AX5..
Enthusiast81 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 10:18   #4542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
AWD videos have started coming in on YouTube.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=wR4go86NG6c
One common misconception among some AWD owners (evident in this video too), is that the AWD is only activated after switching the AWD lock (button) on.

This was not the case at least with the XUV 500.
The AWD will always kick in whenever there is a wheel spin and doesn't wait for the switch to be pressed.
This is different from engaging 4H or 4L in a 4WD.
D_Security_Guy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 11:04   #4543
BHPian

Quick help needed. What is the correct road tax in Bangalore, Karnataka for vehicles >20 L ex showroom. While the portal shows 18%, Delaership is charging around 19.97%. Is the portal showing an incorrect%? My XUV 700 is going in for registration tomorrow and I wanted to be sure before I made the final payment.
Old 8th February 2022, 11:17   #4544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Quick help needed. What is the correct road tax in Bangalore, Karnataka for vehicles >20 L ex showroom. While the portal shows 18%, Delaership is charging around 19.97%. Is the portal showing an incorrect%? My XUV 700 is going in for registration tomorrow and I wanted to be sure before I made the final payment.

If it helps - Anant Cars quoted me a tax of 421378 on 2109000 ex showroom price which works out to 19.9799% . This is in Bangalore. I suspect infra cess being clubbed into it which is making it 19.97%.

Last edited by Sandegov : 8th February 2022 at 11:26. Reason: Corrected the exshowroom price
Sandegov is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 11:26   #4545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Here is the road tax breakup:

Road tax: 18%
Cess: 10% of road tax
Infra Cess: 1% of road tax

Total comes out to be roughly 19.98%
UltraViolence is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks