Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 14:07   #4426
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi folks,

Is there any reason why the Air-con is turned on by default while initiating Remote Start Engine from the AdrenoX app. Has anyone remotely started the car without the air-con being turned on also.

Cheers!
Old 31st January 2022, 15:17   #4427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians...
1. According to my sources, the parameters which the algorithm designed by Accenture takes into account for delivery timelines includes in no specific order-zone,city,customer service area(CSA),colour,variant,number of seats,fuel type etc.

That's why it's not designed to favour customers who have booked their XUVs on the 1st or 2nd day. So even if someone has booked his XUV700 from Assam in December for example will get the delivery earlier than someone who has booked on 7th October irrespective of the variant.
This was expected as I mentioned earlier here :
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
...Initial lot of deliveries will need to be spread out i.e. among bookings with remote dealers who have service centers in those remote locations, why? so that when owners need help while travelling, the service staff at those service centers too would've learnt & gotten used to some basic things about the car by then, instead of looking at it like an alien spaceship from Mars visiting them.

...Anyway, hope Mahindra takes these posts as an appeal that deliveries for travel enthusiasts like us be expedited.
The vehicle needs it's fair share of visibility with owners across social media.

Quote:
3. Mahindra is on course to deliver 20k XUVs by February end. According to my sources, customers can expect rescheduled delivery dates post February...
Would these be MY21 or MY22 ?

Quote:
4. One of the directives given to the team of engineers developing the XUV700 was to reduce the clutter of buttons on the dashboard. That's why they came up with the huge twin screen setup. Also according to my sources, the cost of the two screens combined is not more than 18k rupees(cost to company)...
Maybe that low cost be because of the revenue from owners renewing the Adrenox subscription for ~₹7-8k/p.a. from the 2nd year..?

Also, at that price point, I doubt they would've signed any non-compete clauses. So IMO quite likely that any competing car-makers might integrate such a system in the close future (2-3-4yrs).

Quote:
...2. Since AX5 and AX7 variants share the same basic dashboard design, production of these variants is being prioritized. Also most of the bookings are for these two variants only...
Quote:
5. Mahindra will likely introduce accessory kits for the 360° camera and Sony system for customers of lower variants towards the end of this year which can be installed at the dealership level...
ADAS is the biggest reason people have booked the AX7. IF the chip shortage reduces by end of this year, Mahindra should consider allowing an AX5S variant with ADAS.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 31st January 2022 at 15:22.
GrammarNazi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 18:46   #4428
BHPian

Visited the Dealer Showroom today to inquire about the vehicle. Was told that the vehicle will be billed today and then within 5 days, it will be available in the stockyard for PDI. The manager was positive that i will get delivery by 7th Feb ( Original promised date). Surpise,Surprise- They themselves told that no incidental charges will be there plus they will match the insurance (asked for the quote). Plus no push for accessories also. Wonder if this is Tumakuru incident's effect . Few queries:

1. The Insurance quote i am getting from ACKO/Policybazaar is around 66k (GST included) from AX7 L D AT AWD. IDV is around 2289000. Is this correct or do we have cheaper insurance ?
2. When enquired about the Battery problem, the manager responded that it is getting resolved by Flashing the software . The current version is 7.0 it seems.
3. He also told that Apple car play/Android auto should be available from Feb onwards post completion of KYC. not sure if it is true or not.
4. Have a list of accessories to purchase( 7d mats, front sensor,sun shades etc.). Any particular site or store to check ??
5. Looking for either PPF or Ceramic coating. Any one done either of those in Bangalore ? Any guidance on the store and the price please.

Any suggestions are most welcome
rambharat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 19:21   #4429
BHPian

Early delivery of AX7L D AT

I managed to book my vehicle online on 7th Oct, and got an estimated delivery date between 20th March to 19th April

Today I got call from dealership informing me that my vehicle is billed and will be available in the next 7-10 days. I checked about the year of manufacturing and the guy confirmed it’s 2022 made.

I wanted to check with senior BHPians what is the best way to cross check the manufacturing year claim. I don’t think they have the VIN number available, but will they disclose if I insist.
p_darshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 19:38   #4430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Hi folks,

Is there any reason why the Air-con is turned on by default while initiating Remote Start Engine from the AdrenoX app. Has anyone remotely started the car without the air-con being turned on also.
Likely because the most common reason for which someone would want to start their engine remotely would be to ventilate and cool down their vehicle a few minutes before they start their journey.
Old 31st January 2022, 19:47   #4431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Hi folks,

Cheers!
Remote start engine is to cool the car before you enter the vehicle. It will switch on the engine, start ac and reduce/increase temperature inside the car so that you are comfortable once you enter. You can't drive the car with remote start. The moment you change the gear, it will switch off and you need to start again (a safety feature)

Why you want to start the engine remotely other than the scenario mentioned without switching on AC?
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 19:59   #4432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Why you want to start the engine remotely other than the scenario mentioned without switching on AC?
The exact opposite - to heat up the cabin in colder places!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 21:10   #4433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The exact opposite - to heat up the cabin in colder places!
I'm not sure but i think I read somewhere on this forum only that ac can be managed through adrenox. So we should be able to maintain the temperature we want via same.
I think people who have already received the car can give better and reliable information on this
Old 31st January 2022, 21:20   #4434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
This weekend I went to showroom to complete formalities and SA said within 10 days I may get my XUV AX5 5 seater AT Diseal Black
AX5 - Rear centre armrest?

I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not the AX5 has it. I wonder if it changes based on fuel type or other factors. Any idea whether the AX5 Diesel MT has a rear centre armrest or not?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I only need a 5 seater, and don't care much about ADAS in the current state of affairs, and having to spend way more for mainly an armrest seems preposterous.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2022 at 10:02. Reason: Typo.
Old 31st January 2022, 21:34   #4435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
AX5 - Rear centre armrest?

I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not the AX5 has it. I wonder if it changes based on fuel type or other factors. Any idea whether the diesel AX5 Diesel MT has a rear centre armrest or not?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I only need a 5 seater, and don't care much about ADAS in the current state of affairs, and having to spend way more for mainly an armrest seems preposterous.
AX5 5 Seater, irrespective of AT/MT or diesel/petrol, does not have armrest. Also, 2nd row seats does not recline which is the case in 7 Seater. I too thought the same and hence went for AX5 5 seater.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2022 at 10:03. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 21:42   #4436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

As promised, here's some latest dope on the XUV700.

1. According to my sources, the parameters which the algorithm designed by Accenture takes into account for delivery timelines includes in no specific order-zone,city,customer service area(CSA),colour,variant,number of seats,fuel type etc.
Thanks Ram for the update, this is a bummer, then wondering what are the algorithm factors. Looks like more of a lucky draw through technology.
Old 31st January 2022, 23:15   #4437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Remote start engine is to cool the car before you enter the vehicle. It will switch on the engine, start ac and reduce/increase temperature inside the car so that you are comfortable once you enter. You can't drive the car with remote start. The moment you change the gear, it will switch off and you need to start again (a safety feature)

Hi Ambadan,
As you rightly said the ideal reason to remotely start the engine would be to cool the cabin before entering the car. But as an old habit, I always turn on the AC after a couple of minutes after the engine has started running. The reason I did that with all my previous cars and more so with with my XUV5OO is that the engine felt smoother every time I did that. And on the occasions i cranked up the AC as soon as the engine is started I felt the engine sound was harsher. Lastly generally i roll down a couple of windows to let the heat escape for the first couple of minutes before cranking up the AC.

Now in my current scenario where I am mostly working from home, i was hoping to run the car for a couple minutes every 3-4 days remotely (without AC as my car is in a covered car park ) to ensure I don’t end up with a dead battery. Or am I being too lazy to get down for a few minutes! Or is it just that I want the ability to have the option which is technologically possible and probably logical?

I have already written and spoken to the tech team at Mahindra that the App should allow the engine to be remotely started independent of the climate control. And the user should have the ability to turn on the AC separately through the remote. Hoping they will bring about an update to the App.
Old 31st January 2022, 23:35   #4438
BHPian

Anyone else noticed that the rear wiper is noisy or is it just me? The sound of the blades on the glass, even with the spray, is louder than what I have observed in any other cars.

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st February 2022 at 08:58. Reason: Typo
Old 1st February 2022, 00:04   #4439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post

Early delivery of AX7L D AT

I wanted to check with senior BHPians what is the best way to cross check the manufacturing year claim. I don’t think they have the VIN number available, but will they disclose if I insist.
As I know the vehicle will not be pre- assigned to your booking before they ship from plant. So dealer might have list of VIN's coming but they will not reveal until vehicle arrives in their stock yard.

Ask dealer to inform you soon after the vehicle arrives in their stock yard. You can check it by your self when you go for PDI check.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 01:15   #4440
BHPian

Finally my XUV700 MX Diesel variant has arrived dealership, Bangalore. Visited showroom and completed quick PDI.

First Impression
It was my first visit to showroom and seeing XUV from close view. First impression of seeing Midnight Black color was like "Oh, its not Black". They must have prefixed "Midnight" before black for this purpose.

PDI Observations
I immediately wanted to see the mileage readings and turned on the key. Engine started but no display! I reported to SA who was standing next to me. He had no clue as well. I handed over the key and asked him to test, He tried and no display. He had called a service engineer and after a while the display turned on. He convinced me that XUV 700 screen boot takes longer time (Even for MX model) and nothing to be alarmed. everything else looks good otherwise. Car was manufactured in Jan 2022.

Loan process
I must mention that PNB guys did an amazing job processing my car loan super fast just within 2 days(applied on Saturday afternoon and received approval Monday morning) and also offered me the best rate of interest, No processing and foreclosure charges.

Invoice
PPS Mahindra, Indiranagar did some drama during Invoice that I would get only 50k discount and wont get the launch price benefit. After showing SMS proof of Price protection and I will talk to Mahindra Customer care for clarify, they agreed to give launch price benefit but Incidental charges must apply for all old bookings. As I didn't want to drag this matter further, I said Ok to pay the incidental charges.

They also quoted 86k for insurance and I got quotation from Acko for 41kfor MX model. They tried hard to convince me but couldn't come down from 62k. So, I refused to take insurance from Dealership and informed them that I will get this done on my own.

Deducting Loan amount and and Booking amount, Paid the balance amount.

Accessories
Surprisingly, SA never mentioned anything about mandatory accessories. However, I told him that I'm interested in Bug Deflector and Chrome Window Full set. Accessories person came and noted down my requirement. He said he would be sharing quotation in next 2 days. He also mentioned that he knows a guy who wants to upgrade 17 inch wheels with 18 inches and he would connect me if I'm interested to take the 17 inch alloys.

Expected Delivery
SA advised that it would take approximately 8 days for the delivery.

Last edited by snallagatla : 1st February 2022 at 01:24.
snallagatla is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks