Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2022, 10:04   #4381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Mahindra has announced that it reached the target of delivering 14,000 units of XUV700's.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220126_100052.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th January 2022 at 10:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 11:17   #4382
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Woke up to an 'advisory' notification from Adrenox app. Below was the full message!

Attachment 2264997
I wonder why the 700's "inspiration cars" (german trio) with similar and more electronic gizmos don't have such an advisory. Someone at M&M thinks he is much cleverer than 'regular people' buying the car, and people wont be able to discern that some serious power consumption bug is getting the smoke-screen treatment.
venkyhere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 13:25   #4383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Woke up to an 'advisory' notification from Adrenox app. Below was the full message!
This is nonsense from M&M. While they can fool most, the word will spread around eventually that there is a massive battery drain bug which they are refusing to fix. Putting the onus on the owners is smartly washing off hands from a potential time bomb.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th January 2022 at 22:30. Reason: Quote trimmed.
shrk_18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 15:14   #4384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Battery problem:
With all these battery draining problems it may be useful to carry a jump Starter like the one reviewed here:

Last edited by aah78 : 26th January 2022 at 17:48. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please do not quote large posts entirely. Thank you!
sudhirjaipur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 16:06   #4385
Distinguished - BHPian

Are the AWD variants getting a badge on the boot lid like this?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-01e659057d23454585545c0f8c15c68e.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-82ee2b83eeb647cfb925f1c0688c007d.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-323fbdc0a87940f48a2ee7aff4e2e3ee.jpeg

https://instagram.com/stories/arushi...dium=copy_link

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 26th January 2022 at 16:12.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 19:36   #4386
BHPian

Thought I’d share actual FE figures & driving experience with ACC and Lane Assist.

Variant: AX7L AT D
Ownership: 1 month
Current ODO: 750

At the stockyard ODO read: 60Km
At delivery ODO read: 150Km

So basically I myself have driven about 600 km in the last 1 month. The FE break up of which is

City Driving (Mumbai): 430Km at 9.2Km/l
E.Way Drive Today (Jan 26th): 168 Km at 16.3 Km/l (Return journey from Andheri to Khalapur Toll Plaza (1st toll plaza on the E.Way). This is with 3 adults and 2 kids on board but no luggage with Air Con.
I am not an aggressive driver but enjoy the occasional adrenaline.
Both FE methods are using full tank method while the MID indicated 18.5 Km/l

While I keep lane assist in the city, I only turned the ACC on the E.way. And I was super impressed surely with Lane Assist as it kept the car in the lane all the time. My hands were just loosely holding the steering wheel. It was only to check the capability.

The ACC did well but I felt it was too aggressive in shifting downward and upward while maintaining the distance with the vehicle ahead. Then changed the setting to “Easy” from “Normal” but made little difference. I felt it impacted the FE a tad dropping from 18-16 approx (indicating on the the MID). And when I turned off ACC the FE went back up to 18 Km/l. I am aware that may not be accurate but just an indication of the impact of FE with ACC. I know there is a setting to reduce the distance with the vehicle ahead as by default its keeping the max distance. But can’t figure now how to reduce the distance as I believe this help in taming down the aggressive nature. I think its a matter of getting used to this.

But overall the ADAS performed better than expected in my opinion.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 22:26   #4387
BHPian

It has been 20 days since I got my XUV 700 AX5 Diesel AT 5 seater.

Here is my experience with the vehicle.

I have compiled a list of the niggles I have faced so far. Have discussed this with the service advisor in AMPL Service center Guindy, Chennai. He claims that Mahindra is releasing multiple software updates on the vehicle and all these Infotainment related niggles are expected to get fixed.

Infotainment Issues and Digital Instrument Cluster Issues.

1. Infotainment issue - System blackout on day 1
2. Music playing in radio at loud volume at Ignition on
3. AFE reset after ignition off twice
4. Music player displaying different track poster for most songs
5. Adrenox app not displaying metrics of trip
6. Adrenox app displays different places of parking
7. Adrenox app throws false door open notification for hole Driving
8. Adrenox app displays false notifications such as lights on and doors open even after locked.
9. AdrenoX app logging out on its own often
10. Skyroof sunshade was partially opened (noticed at entry to the SUV once in the office and once after overnight parking in the home) even after I locked the car. This happened twice. I am 100% sure none of my family members and I fiddled with the options in the Adrenox App. The service advisor was perplexed when he heard about this issue.

Other issues

1. Brake pad noise when moving car from the ramp and in bumper to bumper traffic. Service advisor says its common in this vehicle and all AT XUVs have reported the same. This noise seems to be slowly going away.
2. Key did not come out twice even after the gear lever is engaged in P mode. Had to restart the engine and switch it off for the keys to come out.
3. AC switch automatically switches on / doesn't switch on at time when the blower is turned on. Not sure which setting is correct here.

Now coming to the good things.

The SUV is superb to drive on the highway. Today I did a highway run from my place to Mahabalipuram a round trip of about 94 kms. The vehicle is rock solid on the straight lines and easily you can do illegal speeds in no time. Owners please watchout for this particularly when you are using the zoom mode. Once I returned I could see from the Adrenox app that I did a top speed of 112 Km/h and honestly I was enjoying the zoom mode and did not notice this. The zoom theme is the best of all the three themes. Mahindra has given an option for you to choose one of the three theme for your custom mode and my default choice was zoom.

The vehicle is very easy and light to drive in the city. Mostly I use the zap mode to drive in the city and when I switched to zip mode i felt the vehicle is underpowered and the gear changes are very slow. May be because I got used to driving in the zap mode.

Tried the manual mode briefly. It does not upshift till you attain certain speeds and automatically shifts down when you do not manually downshift.

The fuel efficiency is around 13 KMPL for 20% highway and 80% city runs.

The DEF level was at 97% when I took delivery of the vehicle and now at 750 Kms the DEF level is at 94%

Any other observations / advices fellow owners welcome.

P.S - Thinking of getting the Piano Black ORVM to body color. Mine is Everest White. Any thoughts on this.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-13fc889be6d944829b29ed147af588e2.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 27th January 2022 at 19:06. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
zeus_700 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 22:36   #4388
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources some of the reasons for the battery draining issue and they are as follows -

1. The main contributors to the draining issue are OTA updates for the software and voice or button operated commands given by the user. The issue is that when you switch off the vehicle, it goes on checking whether there are any available OTA updates (provided there is enough signal strength) or whether there are any commands left in queue after switching off the engine. The system goes in a loop to check these things and ultimately drains the battery.

2. Since the XUV700 is so feature rich, owners keep fiddling with features to get to know them better while the car is in accessory mode. According to my sources, opening and closing the sunroof once is equivalent to listening to songs for 30 mins as far as battery usage is concerned.

3. The on-board camera which keeps on recording continuosly even after you lock your car and go away is a small contributor to the battery issue.

According to my sources, the battery draining issue is more in diesel XUVs than petrol. Don't know the reason for this though. Also my sources tell me that an update is coming around February/March which will solve this issue by updating the software so that features mentioned in point no 1 above do not activate once the car is switched off.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ram87pune : 26th January 2022 at 23:01.
ram87pune is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 11:57   #4389
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
Here is a pic of Zeus
My my! The smaller rims on the AX5 look way better IMO than the big ones on the AX7.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th January 2022 at 22:31. Reason: Typos. Quote trimmed.
vredesbyrd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 13:30   #4390
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like folks are receiving updates on their AWDs - a dear friend called up to tell that his AWD is on assembly line now getting built. Expecting a 100-200 AWD cars to be in this months manufacturing pipeline... and hope mine included

Jai mahindra baba - our prayers for nigglefree cars!
abirnale is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 16:00   #4391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
P.S - Thinking of getting the Piano Black ORVM to body color. Mine is Everest White. Any thoughts on this.
Congratulations on your new ride and white looks beautiful on XUV. I feel you should keep ORVM as piano black based on pic shared, the contrast looks beautiful. Maybe you can also make roof piano black to keep more meaner look.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th January 2022 at 22:32. Reason: Quote trimmed.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 16:18   #4392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Are the AWD variants getting a badge on the boot lid like this?
This is the reply on the same IG account's story.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-awd-badge.jpeg

But it looks suspicious to me. Here are my reasons:
  1. None of the other AWD models during the media drives or whatever few AWDs have been delivered have had this badge.
  2. The font used here does not match the font on other badges on the right side of the boot.
  3. This AWD badge looks exactly same as one generic AWD badge available online.

Name:  AWD1.png
Views: 1214
Size:  143.3 KB

If this AWD badge is really from factory then it looks like M&M is mighty confused on badge placement on this car. Initially the ADRENOX badge was moved from front fender to real quarter panel for good. Then there were recent rumours that they have removed the ADRENOX badge from the infotainment screen and now this AWD badge confusion.

Guess we will have to wait until the first batch of AWDs are out.
UltraViolence is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 16:56   #4393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
But it looks suspicious to me
Yes I agree, I saw the same AWD badge later online, available on Amazon as well, so it's clear that the badge has been stuck on the bootlid later on (the badge is slightly tilted, which wouldn't have been the case had it been from the OEM) and isn't coming from the factory at the moment.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 27th January 2022 at 17:01.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 17:58   #4394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
But it looks suspicious to me. Here are my reasons:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
... it's clear that the badge has been stuck on the bootlid later on (the badge is slightly tilted, which wouldn't have been the case had it been from the OEM) and isn't coming from the factory at the moment.
When I got me 5OO W11 (O) AT AWD delivered in 2018 December, two AWD badges came with the car - he's that's right, not on it - with it.

It was the dealer's PDI/ QC guys who stuck one, and have the other one to me for keepsake!

Now, I'm not saying it's the same kinda thing happening here too, and I'm not saying that because AWD variants are not that high a number on the movers chart, the dealers are actually given the task of sticking those logos.
ph03n!x is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 20:01   #4395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Looks like folks are receiving updates on their AWDs - a dear friend called up to tell that his AWD is on assembly line now getting built.
I got an update that my AWD will be delivered before 7th Feb.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th January 2022 at 22:33. Reason: Quote trimmed. Typos.
rambharat is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks