Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 19:56   #4291
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Please see the video by an Youtuber named jojowheelie. He has mentioned how this can be achieved.
Hi,

I have watched all of his videos. Very informative and useful. While I have watched the video where he explains about the DVR and continuous recording, he didn’t explain how to transfer the video to an external device like a phone or USB. His other videos explain how to watch videos from a USB or copy videos from USB to the infotainment storage drive.

If you could share the video about how to transfer the DVR videos to usb or phone would appreciate it.
Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 23:10   #4292
BHPian

I was excited after seeing the date on portal that it is postponed by a month on 27 Jan 2022. By the format of it, I was skeptical however I thought it could be true by reading multiple post on FB that deliveries are getting preponed. I called dealer and they said okay however didn't confirmed me and said once CPD is generated they will call me.

After waiting for few days with no response from the dealer on the date. I called customer care to confirm as it was only 09 days remaining and there is no update from dealer and to my surprise he said its 26 Feb 2022 (initial revised date). I told him that portal says otherwise and he didn't had any answer and asked me to write an email to customercare@mahindra.com for further clarification. The customer care forwarded my email to dealer to confirm the date. I got call from dealer saying that delivery date is at 11 Feb 2022 and it cannot be 27 Jan 2022. I explained all the fiasco because of incorrect date on the portal and he agreed to escalate further. He also said there have been few instances like this and he had escalated further.

It is complete disaster and Mahindra should really look into the XYZ algorithm. There is a complete collapse of communication between production team, dealers, consumers, customer care and consulting firm (if any).

By looking into this fiasco from six months now, I am mentally prepared that it is going to be tough to resolve every single issue you face with the vehicle. Also, learnt a lesson that it is not only your product but other functions should also perform to be best in the industry.

P.S. The silver lining at the end was that the dealer confirmed that it will be 2022 manufactured vehicle.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 997
Size:  133.9 KB
Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 07:54   #4293
BHPian

Hey Everyone. Hope everyone is safe and well amid the rising Covid cases.

So, as a big fan of ambient lighting, I was very disappointed when I got to know that the XUV7OO would be missing out on ambient lighting(discounting the little strip you get near the sunroof controls), given that it is offered with cars cheaper than XUV. So, even before the eggs hatch, that is, I get my delivery of XUV, I have been asking a few friends in JK itself for some good recommendations for aftermarket ambient lighting.

One of my friends sent me this video he came across on Youtube, where a guy has installed ambient lighting on his XUV and I have to say that it looks neat and well done. Apparently, he has got it installed by some 'NS Customs' in Noida for around Rs.8,500. Sharing the link of the video for your kind perusal.

Video Credit: Respective YouTube Channel

Moto_Bear is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 16:44   #4294
BHPian

My first proper interaction with the Mahindra Service centre:

Today morning when I started the car I was greeted with a very slow starting ICE and Digital Dashboard. It took almost 10 seconds for the screen to start. When the screen started, I was greeted with a scary error message "Hill Hold Control Error"

On one hand I was somewhere thinking that this should be some kind of a software issue and on the other hand I was amazed to know that my car AX7 Diesel AT has Hill Hold function. I thought, this was only available with AX7 L variant as it has EPB.

I called the service centre and was asked to get the car for check-up immediately. I reached the service centre at around 11:00 am, where the service advisor was already appraised of the issue and was waiting for me to get the vehicle.

The technical team assured me that this most probably looks like the software issue and had a new software update available which would sort this out. From the way they were talking, I felt as if I am not the only one who has encountered this issue.

They updated the software which took almost 1 hour. Post software update, we did a test drive and things looked fine. Since the service advisor was driving the car, I did not try changing the drive modes.

After taking the delivery of the vehicle, when I was heading back home, I tried changing the drive mode from Zap to Zip. I tried to do that using the Intelli control knob, the ICE screen showed an error "Unable to select the Drive Mode" whereas on the driver dashboard, mode got changed to Zip. Thinking that it could be the Intelli Control Knob issue, I tried again using the touch screen, but the result was same. This was a new issue which cropped up after the software update. Has anyone faced this issue after the software update?

Since it was already a lunch time, I decided to visit them again after the lunch. Post lunch when I started the car and tried to change the mode, it all started working fine. Even though things looked fine, I decided to head back to the service centre. The guys there were prompt enough to take the car back and connect the SMART system using ODB port to check for the codes and reset the ECM and TCM (Transmission Control Module). Before resetting the modules, they disconnected the battery terminal for 10 minutes to reset the system completely.

After the above resets, things seem to be working fine for now. Hope I do not get any more negative surprises.

Many would say that getting the car early would also bring lots of niggles, especially in case of M&M, but when you drive this beast on the highway, it brings the smile on your face. Plus, the head turns you get is an added bonus
bill1182 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 18:02   #4295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Anand Mahindra announced will gift a customised SUV to Avani Lekhara for her gold victory.
Personalised XUV700 delivered to Avani Lekhara, who won two medals for India at the Tokyo Paralympics, 2020.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220119_175528.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 18:03   #4296
Distinguished - BHPian

A personalized XUV7OO has been delivered to Ms. Avani Lekhara, our Paralympic shooting champion. It would be good to know what all has been done for personalization.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220119180021.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 19:16   #4297
BHPian

I somehow feel that the booking count and incidental delayed timelines for most of the deliveries could all be exaggerated.

My theory - The bookings include a lot of "added to cart" cases wherein interested buyer hasn't even paid booking amount but in all excitement had just visited website and added car to cart during launch phase. Now all of this has helped M&M in creating buzz (both for car & in stock market).

Now this is a tall claim isn't it?! Thing is I did this in October and later when I went for TD, family didn't like to car overall. Since then I have got 2-3 emails on deliveries updates and got calls to even buy readily available 2021 car. Today got a mail confirming dispatch of car from factory, hence should expect car at dealership soon. I had added AX7 AT Midnight Black in cart.

I'm am not sure why people here are getting expected deliveries post September 2022 or even 2023 and I for one who isn't interested in this car is getting it pretty soon!
Old 19th January 2022, 20:30   #4298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post

Now this is a tall claim isn't it?! Thing is I did this in October and later when I went for TD, family didn't like to car overall. Since then I have got 2-3 emails on deliveries updates and got calls to even buy readily available 2021 car. Today got a mail confirming dispatch of car from factory, hence should expect car at dealership soon. I had added AX7 AT Midnight Black in cart.
So, all this happened without booking the car?
are they offering the car with price protection?
something doesn't add up for sure!
Old 19th January 2022, 20:44   #4299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Personalised XUV700 delivered to Avani Lekhara, who won two medals for India at the Tokyo Paralympics, 2020.
More Pictures

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1642605090159.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1642605092944.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1642605095849.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1642605100982.jpg

From Press Release

Quote:
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. today felicitated Avani Lekhara for her trailblazing performance in 10m air rifle standing at the Tokyo Paralympic 2021. In a first of its kind attempt, Mahindra custom-made its new XUV700 to cater to the accessibility needs, while also including subtle design elements to immortalize the historic performance by Avani. More details about the vehicle below:

The custom made XUV700 is equipped with a special seat which has two operations – forward and return. The forward travel makes the seat to move out of the vehicle and lowers down to ensure easy ingress and egress of the co-driver. Further, the seat lowering function addresses a critical challenge faced by the specially abled as it decreases the ingress and egress height and allows smooth shift from the regular wheelchair to the special seat.

Designed by Pratap Bose, EVP and Chief Design Officer, M&M Ltd., this custom-made XUV700 AX7L in midnight black flaunts tasteful gold accents inside and out, is a sight to behold. Avani Lekhara’s achievement has been immortalized by embossing her performance record as a badge on the fender and tailgate and a golden thread embroidery on all six headrests and the front dashboard.

The XUV700 carries gold plated vertical slats on the already elegant front grille.

The vehicle sports the new Mahindra SUV logo in Satin Gold plating. It features Gold accents on seats and IP Panel which have been stitched with fine gold thread as accents.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th January 2022 at 20:52.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 21:37   #4300
BHPian

Quote:
My theory - The bookings include a lot of "added to cart" cases wherein interested buyer hasn't even paid booking amount but in all excitement had just visited website and added car to cart during launch phase. Now all of this has helped M&M in creating buzz (both for car & in stock market).
Not sure how system will process the order since ideally if its in cart item Order ID will not be generated unless amount is paid. During my discussion with Sales Head of Mahindra Showroom he said they have received 500+ bookings during launch but more than 100 have cancelled till date. Following were key reasons:
1) Many cancelled petrol version based on low mileage posts on social media
2) Booked at multiple outlets and need to cancel once order ready for delivery at one of them
3) No option of transferring to corporate or another friend/relative
4) Don't want to wait for 6+ months

Currently midnight black & Everest white has most bookings (at this vendor) and very few cancellations, if you have booked other colour or flexible with colour change things might move faster for you.
Old 19th January 2022, 21:46   #4301
BHPian

Quote:
My theory - The bookings include a lot of "added to cart" cases wherein interested buyer hasn't even paid booking amount
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Not sure how system will process the order since ideally if its in cart item Order ID will not be generated unless amount is paid

Autoweirdo is correct, OTF will only be generated against booking amount. The reason you are getting emails and updates about delivery is because the dealer made a booking using your details and will sell the car with premium insurance and accessories to anyone willing.
Old 19th January 2022, 22:01   #4302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Autoweirdo is correct, OTF will only be generated against booking amount. The reason you are getting emails and updates about delivery is because the dealer made a booking using your details and will sell the car with premium insurance and accessories to anyone willing.
But in actual I got OTF number as well. For sure things don't add up. In conversation with my friend (Mahindra loyalist) who is also IT head, we concluded that like other Indian companies Mahindra ka system fata pada hai.

Attaching snap of email received with OTF and chassis no.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220119215814_gmail.jpg  

Old 19th January 2022, 22:15   #4303
BHPian

Quote:
But in actual I got OTF number as well. .
Wow this is serious loophole and IT vendor who implemented this must relook into it. But as @Tanmay007 said this could be vendor booking using your credentials which is wrong. Better to reject outright if not planning to take car and also highlight to Mahindra folks so that vendor doesn't missuses our data.
Old 19th January 2022, 22:22   #4304
BHPian

Quote:
But in actual I got OTF number as well. .
Yes please check my entire reply, you will get an OTF number because the booking is real, except that it's not for you and is done by dealer so he can sell the car at better profits to someone else.

However, I believe Mahindra is smart this time and every dealer requires approval from Mahindra to transfer booking. So you might actually be able to claim this booking if you want.
Old 19th January 2022, 22:44   #4305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
Hey Everyone. Hope everyone is safe and well amid the rising Covid cases.

So, as a big fan of ambient lighting, I was very disappointed when I got to know that the XUV7OO would be missing out on ambient lighting(discounting the little strip you get near the sunroof controls), given that it is offered with cars cheaper than XUV. So, even before the eggs hatch, that is, I get my delivery of XUV, I have been asking a few friends in JK itself for some good recommendations for aftermarket ambient lighting.

One of my friends sent me this video he came across on Youtube, where a guy has installed ambient lighting on his XUV and I have to say that it looks neat and well done. Apparently, he has got it installed by some 'NS Customs' in Noida for around Rs.8,500. Sharing the link of the video for your kind perusal.

Video Credit: Respective YouTube Channel

https://Youtu.be/ZjiPbNBtESI
I called up NS customs and they said the price for ambient lighting is 16k. When I sent him the link to this video on WA the guy stopped replying. Not sure what this scam is where the youtube video says 8.5k but the installer says the price is wrong

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks