r-a-s is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 20:41   #2792
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-a-s View Post
AX5 variant walkaround video.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=RFwXAqP7CaI
The more I see videos about the AX5, the feeling I get is so near (to being a good mid-spec variant), yet so far. And the sad part is that the omissions (rear armrest, single zone ACC, basic cruise control) would have cost them hardly anything in terms of cost differential.

Still find the Alloys and Black ORVMS better than AX7s though Also, I'm a noob, but I think the tyre spec would also lead to better low speed ride quality vs R18 rims, thoughts?
nasir88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 22:31   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-a-s View Post
AX5 variant walkaround video.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=RFwXAqP7CaI
The presence of the woofer mesh in the boot is confusing. I thought the six speakers are the four door speakers and two tweeters near the front windows. Is the woofer mesh dummy?
Old 2nd November 2021, 08:40   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Still find the Alloys and Black ORVMS better than AX7s though Also, I'm a noob, but I think the tyre spec would also lead to better low speed ride quality vs R18 rims, thoughts?
The difference for a visual comparison.

The side wall will be 1.2 cm taller with the ax5 tyres, but the circumference difference is only about 6 mm (~ 0.25%) which is negligible. A tad more cushioned, thats all there should be. But, ax5 alloys look better for me too
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-ax5ax7wheels.jpg  

drshajul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 08:56   #2795
BHPian

I had a TD of XUV 700 MT & AT diesel of AX7, felt great on hardwares, liked the driving dynamics and the suspension, I am not attracted much on features, basically I shall be considering AWD AT version if at all, the main matter is that there are no proper 4WD options in any of those vehicles accross competition at least it is offering AWD. My considerations are Force Gurkha or XUV700 AWD or Alturus G4 4WD.
Force Gurkha - a very little spin in busy traffic felt it easy to live with, don't know about highway behaviour yet, but XUV is alluring.
Alturus G4 4WD - cost is steeper and challenging for me to consider, didn't have TD experience and none of the Mahindra showrooms have any vehicle for TD in Kolkata & Howrah. Though several medias on YouTube & our esteemed team-bhp forum gave it a full marks, good discounts on offer, a rumor of withdrawal of the brand is another question pinching in subconscious mind about the ASS in long term ownership.
XUV 700 AWD - already said my feelings, now the doubt is whether can it be considered for the tour & travels with family in places like Zhanskar Valley, winter Spiti expedition, roads leading to upper Mustang Nepal, Sandakfu and many more such offroad destinations. I don't have any experience with XUV500 AWD to judge the XUV 700 on the AWD platform.
Once a year drive to offroad destinations is the bare minimum expectation, alongside the driving dynamics within city traffic and pleasure for highway cruise are major considering factors. Looking forward for suggestions and guidance mostly on XUV700 AWD AT Diesel.

Last edited by T2luvroads : 2nd November 2021 at 09:02. Reason: Grammar
T2luvroads is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:10   #2796
BHPian

As promised took a soft delivery of the vehicle on Monday. Expected to drive home the vehicle sometime tomorrow (If lucky) or on Monday, after the RTO formalities. Here is a short video. A better edited video will be posted in my ownership thread in the coming weeks.

Mine is the Red in the middle.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:01   #2797
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 24 hour endurance record run by Evo India & team is out.

The Alchemist is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:38   #2798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
As promised took a soft delivery of the vehicle on Monday. Expected to drive home the vehicle sometime tomorrow (If lucky) or on Monday, after the RTO formalities. Here is a short video. A better edited video will be posted in my ownership thread in the coming weeks.
Congrats I have also booked the same AX7 MT Petrol Variant and expected delivery date for me is on 28th Nov. Please share with us about the FE once you get the delivery which I'm eagerly waiting for, from the owners who already got the deliveries. Also please update us about the speakers that are used in non luxury variant which will be useful for many. Also mention about the negotiations you did for insurance which will be useful for me as my dealer has quoted 1L+.

Last edited by kachamohan : 2nd November 2021 at 12:50. Reason: added one more query
kachamohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:06   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's XUV700 opens its sales/dispatch account in October sales chart, 3407 units dispatched ( total). Tata Safari trails far behind (1735)

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd November 2021 at 13:09.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:44   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
Mahindra XUV700 24 hour endurance record run by Evo India & team is out.

Cross posting my guess on FE during the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I was waiting for more details on the FE during the run, unfortunately no specific details were shared. Fear not though, one little nugget of information can help get some ballpark numbers.

From the video, the diesel car was refueled every 2 hours, and the petrol every 1hr 10 mins.

Xuv700 tank capacity is 60L.

Assuming 190km/h, that's 380km for the diesel and 220km for the petrol from each tank.

Assuming 55L refills, that's 4kmpl for the petrol and 6.9kmpl for the diesel.

For reference, formula 1 cars burn about 95L during the race distance of 305Km, which is ~3.2 KMPL.
d3mon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 19:45   #2801
BHPian

Has anyone else received their delivery dates yet, especially for Diesels or any idea about when the next batch of dates will be declared post the initial 8K?
Old 2nd November 2021, 20:34   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Has anyone else received their delivery dates yet, especially for Diesels or any idea about when the next batch of dates will be declared post the initial 8K?
Even i am waiting to hear any news..

I see only delivery photos all over the social media and here people like us are waiting to even hear a delivery date
Old 2nd November 2021, 21:25   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
Even i am waiting to hear any news..

I see only delivery photos all over the social media and here people like us are waiting to even hear a delivery date
Same here. Have checked multiple times with the dealership (Randhawa Motors, Vikhroli) as well as the M&M helpline - not a single response yet. The dealership says M&M will directly get in touch while the helpline states dealership will. A bit chaotic to be honest
Old 2nd November 2021, 21:59   #2804

So I have received a followup/feedback call today from the customer care and when I asked if there is any update on the delivery dates, they said second list of the 14k allocated deliveries is also shared to dealers already but delivery date is not updated in my booking yet.

My Booking details
Variant - AX7L D AT
Booking Date - October 7th
Old 2nd November 2021, 23:13   #2805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomHK View Post
So I have received a followup/feedback call today from the customer care and when I asked if there is any update on the delivery dates, they said second list of the 14k allocated deliveries is also shared to dealers already but delivery date is not updated in my booking yet.
Something similar had happened with me but from the dealer side. My SA messaged me yesterday that my booking is there in the first 14k orders, he will confirm me the dates by the next day which was today. However today when I checked with him he said the dates are not yet shared by M&M.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks